Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Goldie's Arts! (SUGGESTIONS!)

Started by Goldie, September 16, 2009, 02:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldie

For Halloween I made a Bellatrix Lestrange costume from Harry Potter!!!!  Here are pictures of the finished product ^__^  I figured out how to use my camera timer so it was all happy times and yay mes! Although, this was probably the most narcissistic thing I've ever done O_o;;;

I'm also very VERY bad at glaring >_< so most of my Bellatrix pictures are me smiling xD

First up, a picture just of the costume! (and the amazing shoes which I ended up not wearing on Halloween because they're a bit ridiculous xD but I WANTED to!) The sleeves were originally laced at the bottom, but it was annoying so I unlaced them xD

Next up, a closer look at everything! (Including hair!)

Tried to get a back-ish shot. This gives a nice view of the bodice detailing (:

RAWR! I tried an in-character shot! Am I convincing? lmao, I don't think I am xDDDD  And YES! That is an actual wand xD I got it from Alivan's wand shop online, lol.....

OH! and details about everything *ahem*

Bodice:
A partially boned corset, covered in what use to be a leather skirt from Goodwill that I deconstructed and patch-worked together to make Bellatrix's bodice. The entire leather overlay was hand-sewn and a pain in the butt >_<  The underside (which is not visible as it holds the boning) was made from double-layered muslin, and boned with 48" cable ties (courtesy of your nearest home improvement store)

This was made without the use of a patter. It was draped, cut, and sewn thanks to my lovely dress form!

Dress:
The dress is made from faux suede. The sleeves are laced onto the dress via shoelaces and heavy-duty grommets (found at Michaels. Joann fabrics carries crap grommets. Don't use them! ONLY use grommets that come with a backing!) The swirls were all made by hand, which took about 8 different sharpies in varying degrees of darkness on the dress. Since Bellatrix's outfit (from the movie) is relatively "poor" the edges did not need to be finished, getting rid of tedious hemming (I HATE hemming xD)

I altered an old pattern for the dress, and added a hood onto the top simply by "eye-balling" it.

Annnnd....I think that's really it! All in all, took me about a week to do! And that wasn't working consistantly every day of that week either.

Sooo....I have loooots more pictures, but that's all I'm posting up here! Let me know what you think!!!

Goldie

http://blazinglilac.deviantart.com/art/ ... -142604838

Here are a bit more pictures that I put together for Deviant Art. More detailed shots and shows some more construction pictures xD

Anonymous

Anonymous

Goldie

^__^ thanks guys!!! It was a lot of work and I'm really proud of it xD

Anonymous

Goldie

This is a very toned down version because Photobucket doesn't like big images xDDD to see the full map and zoom in close go here:

http://blazinglilac.deviantart.com/art/ ... -163528175

It's much more detailed and easier to see everything! This is entirely by hand, no computer help at all :) And this is really what I love to do. YAY MAPS!

Anonymous

It's always striked me as odd how funny shaped SotE is XD just... One long continent. *entertained*

this looks awesome =DD

Goldie

lol it really is....I noticed it while I was drawing it xD which is one of the reasons I brought the land around after the desert to try and make it look like the continent ENDS somewhere just off the page xD

Anonymous

That is kind of funny, but it's how it is. xD

Love it, though!  <3

Anonymous

Goldie

Here's what I've been working on! I really REALLY hated my last attempt to color this....soooo....Here's a MUCH better one! Still working on it, of course, but there really is no comparison. The old attempt is back on Pg. 1

Anonymous

:D purtyful. Nice coloring! Computer drawing isn't my forte, and I am quite impressed by those who have done well in it. (:

Anonymous

That's so pretty! Her eyes are stunning o___o

Anonymous

A little late to this but....

Awesome map! :3 Much better, and I'm honestly somewhat flattered that you kept most of the major coastline shapes and random rivers/bays I threw in there. (and honestly, I don't know why the land mass turned out to be tall, it just did ^^; ) But beautiful work, wish I could do maps that well. ;)

Goldie

Alright, so I have a few weeks off for Christmas and I really want to at least whip out one thing with drawing. Thus! Tell me what I should do? Are there any characters you'd like ME to draw for you? Or one of my characters you want me to draw? Or something??? TELL ME! I need ideas and motivation to do it >_>

Anonymous

You could draw Arca/Ketra/Reajh/Suna/one of the other towns!

Or you could draw Johnny if you want to be super awesome to me. :3

Xphy

I agree with Crono on the capital cities. A picture of any of those would be awesome! Especially Suna since it doesn't get as much attention as the others. ^^

Or if you're feeling up to it a picture of Nyte orNivan would cool as well.

Goldie

Hmmm.....drawing cities could be a lot of fun....and it'll force me to work on some shading techniques you don't get with people!  *starts to summon her inner architect*