I can pay you with shiny?

Started by Anonymous, June 07, 2011, 02:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Look in my pockets. I have lots of stuff. Maybe beads."

Anonymous

Eshe snorted, "Eshe isn't putting her hands in those! There are mice!"

Anonymous

"Oh, that's only Poldek. He keeps me company. He's very clean, and soft, and probably more worried about you than you are about him. Want to meet him?"

Yes, he kept a little sheepskin mousey nest in one pocket of his coat - he was only a little mouse, he might get cold. It wasn't exactly a secret any more, or at least not now Eshe knew!

Anonymous

"No! It is creepy! Eshe doesn't like him!" The okapitaur wrinkled her nose and leaning away from him, "Eshe doesn't like mice!"

Anonymous

"All right, all right, he'll stay in his pocket. Poldek, stay there!"

Sasha reached into another pocket. This one was almost certainly a mouse free zone, and if he was remembering rightly he had a few little trinkets in there...

"What about these?"

Anonymous

Eshe snorted, feeling a little insulted Sasha would even suggest a lady such as herself deal with mice. The little charms brought a smile to her face and she nodded, hands working his beard into quick braids, "Those are perfect!"

Anonymous

"I feel so pretty. Am I pretty?"

Anonymous

((OOC: Sorry this took so long Dx Holiday weekend + birthday = crazy))

"Oh yes! But not as pretty as Eshe. But that's okay, girls will still like you." Once she was finished, she leaned over and kissed him on the mouth again, "There! Perfect!"

Anonymous

"I don't think I could ever be as pretty as you. No stripes."

Anonymous

"Yes. It's really sad, but you have a good smile, so you'll be okay." Eshe patted his cheek, sorry that humans had to be so ugly and stripless.

Anonymous

"Oh good. That's rather reassuring." Sasha winked. "It would be nice to have stripes though. I gave you all of mine."

Anonymous

Eshe looked down at her legs, then back up at Sasha, "Can you make more stripes so you can wear them again?"

Anonymous

"I'll have to ask my mother. She's always so cross at me when I ruin my clothes...or give them away...or put animals in the pockets and don't warn her..."

Anonymous

"Sasha shouldn't put mice in the pockets." Eshe snorted, tossing her head, expression disgusted, "That is bad. But giving Eshe more pretty stripes is good. She will understand."

Anonymous

"You think so? She does like to tell me I'm handsome, but...she's my mother. They're supposed to say that."

Anonymous

"Of course. And Sasha is nice to look at with his funny beard!"

Anonymous

"Oh, she liked me even before I had a beard. I think. Sometimes it's hard to tell with mothers."

Unthinkingly, Sasha rubbed his knuckles. His mother was no weakling. Some of the things she could do with a ladle damn well hurt!

Anonymous

"Huh?" Eshe tilted her head, puzzled, "Why wouldn't she love her Sasha? And why is Sasha's hands hurt?" Eshe reached over and took Sasha's hand in both of hers, "Did Sasha hurt himself?"

Anonymous

"No, lovey. I was just a bit of a naughty boy sometimes."

That? Was the understatement of the year.

Always borrowing things without asking, taking them off to some hidden corner to tinker with them. The attention span of a drunken gnat. A heathy dose of I wonder what happens when I do THIS?

"Bit of a naughty boy, and Ma has this spoon that she likes to crack over knuckles...she's quick, too!"

Anonymous

Eshe's eyes widened, mouth slightly parted, "She hit Sasha? Why?!" Eshe couldn't imagine using violence like that. It was unheard of in her tribe, physically violence was deeply frowned on.