Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Klatched {Mage's Circle}

Started by Anonymous, June 14, 2011, 10:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Apologizing profusely to the enormous drunken man, Zalethera snatched her heavy tome of minor air incantations from his foot and backed away before he could grab her. His hand missed her by about 2 feet to the left anyway, and he fell over and passed out right there. Zale uttered a quick blessing, and backed into the corner where they met normally.

Originally, the group started three years ago as a celebration of surviving one of the most rigorous week of tests, of which many ended up losing limbs or even their minds. Zale shuddered as the image of a squash came to mind. She had not been able to eat squash since, and sometimes had to leave the table if it was served. Cucurbitaphobia, she jotted down, translating into an ancient language - "fear of squash". OK, it was a depressing phobia, but she supposed most phobias were.

Some of the members were older or younger, or joined later, and it had come to be a place for revelry, rest, chat, and even philosophy. Apprentices and full mages came in and out, but Zale was still here, awaiting the day she'd become an adept, though not knowing what she'd do when she did. She shoved her books over into the corner, then thought maybe she shouldn't have brought so many, but really, it was one less than last week...

Anonymous

Solae knew of these events and loved coming each time. It was always fun to see how everyone was doing, and really, a nice change of pace to be around people she could openly use magic with. She stepped into the building perched up on her paws and looked around. Her long tail flicked in curiosity, ringing the bell she had hanging from just below the tip. Something that started as a joke in the old days but turned into something that she liked.

She looked around and soon spotted Zale, and a nice empty corner. So, Solae made her way over to that table and sat down. Looking to Zale and wondering if she would be recognized. Though she wouldn't admit it, she spent a little time in school learning about mages on her travels. She didn't stay long, but she did go through that dreaded test week. What a nuisance that was.

Anonymous

Bryan was trying to recall his last three months of intense Bard study while using those memories to play the flute. Sure it did not work out that well in theory but at the least he sort of knew where to place his fingers to play the song Dances across the river but it was harder to do than he had initially thought.

Lost in the study of this flute he crashed into someone, nearly choked on the mouthpiece of the flute and fell to the floor. A harsh coughing ensued and for a few moments that was the extent of the damage. He had apparently ruined a dice throw at the dice table so now he had to deal with a few angry faced commoners and that was definitely not his forte.

"A drink for these fine gentlemen! May they have a good day and smiling fortunes awaiting them." Was all he could think off and it did help alleviate the situation and turn many angry expressions into happier prospects to build upon, however dice players are not so easily brought. He would have to wait for more booze.
Once the third round of booze had arrived, he shelled out a few more of his precious coins while cursing his pretty lackluster mage stipend.  The young prospect was finally allowed a fitting escape.

He then headed straight for the corner not wishing to bump into more people. "I am not too late am i? Walked out of my house early to try and catch this on time while practicing the flute but I bumped into dice players and had endure their company for quite a bit. It was a rather odd experience.

"What are these books doing next to my seat, oh Hello Advanced healing and the mending of bones part four. I have seen you before."

He then began rummaging through the pile to look at Zaletheras notes. " Is it true, Exams again??" There was a sigh of disappointment, time went by so slowly for him yet having a hard time keeping track on dates. "Well it can't be harder than what we have already been trough. Right??" He winked at Zalth.

"Are you going to start mageknight training yet? I signed to participate on some dumb summer entry exam preparation that would last the entire vacation and im really bummed out that i did not read your name on the list yet."

He pulled out the flute again and began placing his fingers at the rehearsed places. Finally managing to get the timing right and then music was born inside the corner of their little club.

Anonymous

Mikhail had almost decided to not go to the meeting. He recalled fondly the friends he had in the school, though he had moved onto other, grander things. Things of grandeur and importance. And he had changed quite a bit.

Like he no longer had a left arm and wore an eyepatch over one eye. Well, he had one, but it wasn't his own. It was a monstrous hand he had ripped from a beast and with alchemy had attached it to the stump. It wouldn't last forever, he was on his 3rd one since he had lost it out in the desert.

But he had delivered the blood to his father, and had been in the area and before he had realized it, he was at the tavern.

Stepping inside, he moved over to the table, leaning over Bryan, hand on his shoulder, "Still clumsy as ever I see."

Smiling that unwholesome smile of his, Mikhail studied the others, curious if they had changed as well as he had.

Anonymous

She smiled at the first to approach the table, who looked familiar but Zale couldn't quite remember the name. She figured if she pretended to recognize her, somebody else would know the name.

Trying to stack her wayward books to make more room, Zale finally put them on the ground next to her chair, keeping one in reserve as an emergency read. "Yes, I hate healing, but it's required.  Unless they want somebody to be frozen in time, I think I'll stay far from the clinics."

She looked even unhappier at Bryan's next question. "I don't think I want to be a mageknight. It seems like it requires a lot more riding around on a horse than actual spellcasting. I'd rather stay far away from the military. I was thinking about becoming a court mage or something, but all my father wants is a mageknight in the family..."

It was a slight bit before another person appeared at the end of the table, but this time, Zale did not recognize him at all. She smiled nonetheless, especially at his comment to Bryan.

"I think it's time to order more beer..." and she lifted a hand at the harried barmaid.  "First pitcher is on me!"

Anonymous

It was easy to tell that Zale didn't remember her name, then again, a lot of them just called her cat. She shrugged off the thought of those days and looked up to the others who came in one by one. Each a person she remembered, especially Mikhail. Though she never spoke to the man, it was easy to see how much he had changed.

"Well I see the days haven't been easy on you, Mikhail." she said softly. Her tail flicking behind her and that bell let out a soft tone. "And you pick on Bryan for being clumsy. Though, I think we all have our moments."

Solae smirked and looked to Zale. Beer sounded great at the moment, and in this joyous occasion, lots of it was a must. "And the second round will be on me~"

Anonymous

"Ah, none of these beauty marks were accidental Solae my love." Mikhail smiled, all fangs and unsavory charm, one hand coming to lightly stroke her shoulder.

When the black haired girl spoke, Mikhail's attention shifted to her and he held out a hand, "Well hello there lovely. I don't believe we have met. My name is Mikhail Elhurios. What may I ask, is yours?"

Anonymous

Something or someone tapped his shoulder. An oddity with only one eye and a monstrous hand, arm thingy that now rested on his shoulder. Bryan looked up and stared into the eyes of Mikhail.

Instantly travelling back in time his mind looked for a comparison and begun finding small resemblances like eyecolor and that chased look as if the man had not slept properly in months. His flute play had stopped as the brain speeded ahead to notice some wierd scents and connecting mannerisms.

"WHAAT? Mikhail! I absolutely must look closer on what have you done to yourself!"

Fresh with excitement he jumped up for a closer inspection already. "is it a prosthetic or your real arm? Does it fully connect? Can I can see where it connects?"

Anonymous

"Neither darling. I'm just borrowing it." Mikhail gave a small laugh and shrugged, "You can see it, but we'll have to go somewhere a little more private. I do believe people are trying to eat here and I would have to remove my shirt for you to see."

Anonymous

"Nothing ever is with you, Mikhail..darling~" She almost purred and smirked to the man. He was the type of person who would go off and get hurt if the situation called for it, so it didn't surprise her that he was missing an arm and an eye. But the look worked for him.

She turned her attention to Bryan as he went to inspect Mikhail's arm and the prospects of seeing how that arm worked even perked her interest. "Oh! It would be great to see how that works. I don't suppose you'd let me see as well?"

Anonymous

"You Solae, can see me naked any time." Mikhail flashed the girl a smile. He had no problem letting whoever cared to look examine his arm. It just wasn't appropriate for lunch to whip ones shirt off in a public setting. And he didn't want to derail this darling little get together too far.

Anonymous

Zalethera tried not to roll her eyes at all the flirting, though it was hard. Seemed like such a waste of time that could be used to study more magic. Perhaps that was her true love - it certainly seemed more consistent and the rush of power was better than any high she knew. And for some reason, she was the only one who seemed completely uninterested in the fake arm.  As long as it got the job done, she didn't see why it would be so special.

"I am Zalethera Banek," she replied to Mikhail politely, but with little expression. Dropping the book, which she had snuck back onto her lap, she shook his hand firmly but somewhat absently.  She sipped her beer from her other hand, and choked on it a little. "It's ah....a bit yeasty today."

Anonymous

"I'll hold you to that." she said with a flick of her tail. Looking over to Zale a moment, then the others. This was turning out to be a rather good get together, and everyone seemed to be in good spirits. It did bring back memories of schooling. Then again, not all those memories were pleasant.

Anonymous

"I guess we save the continuation of this topic for later."

And now he had to share and sharing was only half as fun. Besides that Mikhail seemed to be more interested in Solae and that was ok right? How he hated feeling jealousy just from such a simple conversation. Not his fault that the mind could fill in his blanks and predict the change in tone to a more firm and manly tune to be anything other than desire. How transparent did he have to get?
Geez, how obvious did Solae have to dress to get such a reaction?

Not that there was anything wrong with that, just infuriating to see himself cut short because of womanly parts. She smelled nice though but is not like the few movements she had made from that position where unintentional. She was pro? no?

Aye he could recall her being a more seductive type from having met her during that test week though the test week Solea had not been this good at it.

It had been years right? just now it felt like a few months to him. Obviously because these meetings where tied with that particular week it meant that was on the forefront of his mind. How these mental images comparison was pretty oddball. Such development from all of them that he felt left behind even if he was not.

Now was not the time to feel useless. then miss Banek shifted his focus. Was she annoyed? what was with that look? He would have to cheer her up then and hopefully that would lead to himself being more cheerful.  

"We could toast now right? it is not like those missing will have arrived on time."

A fake smile was better than no smile at all. His logic had deemed it so. It made things seem cheerful to him and hopefully to others too. Even if the mind was on worse thoughts insistent smiling could make it seem not that bad.

He doubted the others had that much attention to detail to notice.

Anonymous

"Now now lovely, put that book away." Mikhail reached over and plucked the book from her lap, examining it, "Now is the time to talk and be merry. You can read later Zalethera."

What a strange little gathering. He still wasn't sure what the point was or why he had even come really. But he was here. He waved a serving girl over, "A toast sounds lovely. Drinks for me and my friends please."