Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

23 Bottles of rum on the wall

Started by Anonymous, June 19, 2011, 01:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Just another port.

To most people, that's all you'd think it was. No, this was a new place of adventure! That's what it really was! People were so boring, they didn't see what he saw. Not that it was hard for him to see things that most didn't. As he stood on the prow of the ship, holding onto the railing his yellow slotted eyes looked out with a strange ferocity. They were like those of a bird of prey, an eagle or perhaps a hawk of some kind. Whatever the case may be, this grandly dressed man had the look of a nobleman about him. He wore fine clothes, silk doublets with ruffling collars and cuffs, a large black coat with yellow trim and two rows of golden buttons down the front. He even had the long fur lined boots and the slim leather gloves.

Hiding his dirty blonde hair was an extravagantly large hat with several fluffy feathers attached to it. He had a grin plastered on his face as the boat slowly pulled itself into port. A man came up beside him, a slightly shorter man than the grandiose captain beside him. This man looked...rather normal, his green eyes were so plain and ordinary, his brown hair was short and well groomed for a man on a merchant ship. This of course was...well...no ordinary ship. This was the Primrose after all! "We're all ready for docking sir. Any special orders today, Spektrox?" The brown haired man asked the captain, who just shook his head and smiled. "Well, I'd say it's about noon aye? Take some time off, relax a little bit...might even stay the whole day and night." The captain said as he turned to look back to the deck of the ship. All of his men had been working furiously to prepare. This was good, very good!

The ship docked, and of course after the gang plank had been lowered then the captain was the first one off. Spektrox, as he had been called, had a small smile on his lips as he looked around the wooden port with interest. This was nice, he always did like the port. Then again, he had the sea in his blood, flowing through his veins...what else could one expect? With his crew unloading their goods, he was going to find himself a nice port side tavern to drink at!

Maybe find him a nice little...fun while he was there too.

The tavern wasn't a bad place really. It was rather clean and nice looking, it was well lit and the men inside seemed to be mostly sailors. This was where any captain wanted to be! He headed into the tavern and set himself up in a nice central table, already ordering several drinks for the people around him. This was his custom, it got people in the tavern talking, and it got people to just generally be friendlier. Spektrox kicked his feet up onto the table in front of him and began to drink from a large mug of ale. Ahhh...now if only he could find himself entertainment! Not many women around in the tavern, and he already knew enough about these places that you kept your hands off the serving girls.

That was the life of a captain though right?

Anonymous

Trelgas usually stayed to himself, but he needed to find someone with a ship to take him out to sea. Why? He was just one bone short of his chimaera... That of the Calcified Shark Spine. He needed to go shark-fishing to get it. He walked into the tavern and the entire area seemed to dim. Most of the people in the tavern knew of Trelgas and rumors of his powers were spread wide across the island, especially in the tavern.

The robed man looked around before noticing the newcomer at the central table. He approached him and folded his arms. "Greetings. I require assistance and you seem to be the only one who doesn't seem to know the rumors about me. I would like to go out on a ship for a little bit of shark-fishing. I can pay you most handsomely."

Anonymous

The man who entered the tavern was...different than the people of the island. Spektrox was familiar with the people that lived on the island, and despite being necromancers they had a way about them that wasn't just...all about death and evil. No they had a balance, a respect for the natural order of things. Heck, he heard about how they were supposed to have sex for procreation! That was rather strange to him, but he didn't judge.

He wouldn't partake in such a thing though.

Of course, as a newcomer, that made himself a fine target for all sorts of crazy. The man approached right away, and through half lidded, almost bored eyes did Spektrox look up at the robed fellow. He smelled odd, the captain noticed, but said nothing about that. "Hah hah hah! You must think I'm drunker than I am." Kicking one foot out, he hooked it against the chair beside him and slid it outwards so the man could sit. "Lemme tell ya what you did wrong and we can work from there. First, you come up to me dressed like that. No one dresses like that, much too warm for all that...black and thick wool robey stuff. Second...if you want assistance from someone, ya don't tell them you have rumours and imply people won't help you cause of them." The captain said as he narrowed his eyes at the strange man.

"And third, you smell of death. Not the death that these people know. The bad kind of death. I'd rather kill an albatross on my ship than trust you. But I'll offer you a drink, and then maybe I might come to trust you." Spektrox did things on his terms. Only his terms. People could demand and pay as much as they wanted, but he was in charge. He had the ship after all.

Anonymous

Trelgas held back a growl and sat down. "You would wish for me to wear my robes if you saw what I look like beneath. And no, I will not show you." He paused. "As for the drink... Well, if it will get me a place on your ship, then fine. I require a shark for what I'm doing and my experiments are at a standstill without one." He didn't commnt on his scent, for he honestly didn't care. He also didn't deny the truth of the man's words about him telling about rumors. He was right after all. Of course, this didn't help Trelgas' mood at all.

Blast, he's immune as well. He muttered. It seems that he's finding more and more immune kinds these days. Perhaps his magic is weakening, or people were getting stronger.

Anonymous

"Good, cause I wasn't asking for ya to show me. Think I'm some sorta pervert then? Cause you are not my type." The man was full of himself, it made Spektrox roll his eyes in exasperation at this person. He acted like he was top dog around here, and no doubt he was probably just a very little fish in a very big ocean. Heh. Sea metaphors, always a favourite of his. There was another thing that caught him completely off guard and he just had to raise his eyebrows. Experiments. Oh yes. THIS was what he wanted to do.

"Alright now...I'm gonna go through the conversation with you again, and I'd like to see if you pick up where you went wrong." Spektrox cleared his throat before speaking again, this time in a lower tone trying to sound more evil. "Greetings, I am a man with many rumours about me that everyone on this island knows, I want you to take me shark fishing. I hide under this robe because you don't want to see what I look like. I need this shark so I can perform experiments." That summed up the conversation quite nicely didn't it?

"Picked it out yet? Cause you know...the parts that really persuaded me was all of it." He shot the man a cheery grin as his tone returned to normal and he picked up his mug of ale. However, his stance had shifted ever so slightly in the chair. Sometimes he could get a bit annoying, and he wanted to be prepared to leap in any direction out of harm's way when the time came to it.

Anonymous

Trelgas sighed. "Will you let me on your ship or not? I'm more than willing to pay and once we're done, it will be as if you never saw me, except for that little extra weight in your pocket." He was getting severely ticked and was close to just blasting the man. But he needed a ship and this man was his only way of getting one.

Anonymous

"Little extra weight? Oh honey, if that's what you think it costs to rent my ship then you might not have enough." The young captain said with a small chuckle. This man seemed like he wasn't the very trustworthy sort anyway. "But say that I do take you out there to go shark fishing...how good is your word? Because what would stop you from doing any harm to me or my crew?" That was the important part. "Have any exploitable weaknesses that I might be able to use? Iron? Holy symbols? Some sort of wand of magical light?"

Anonymous

Trelgas rolled his eyes. "Well, YOU have nothing to fear from me... You are immune to my direct ability. Admittedly, your crew may not be... But I am an honorable man, if rather twisted. Once I make a deal, I keep it as long as both benefactors, in this case you and myself, are still in agreement of the terms and neither of us are incapacitated beyond capability to hold up said deal." He felt rather pleased with himself for his explanation. "Though, if you must have a weakness from me... I cannot cast most spells without a minor... sacrifice. Not slitting a goat's throat or something... But it could bring harm to your crew. So, if you let me on my ship, I can obtain a charm to prevent me from using any magic whatsoever and that is reason enough for me to hold my word as it is."

After his rather longwinded talk, which was certainly unusual for him, he dropped a large sack of gold on the table. "Take me on your ship until we get a decent-size shark. You can keep everything except the spine, which is what I require. That should give you a decent enough profit in addition to what I'm paying. And as an added precaution..." He pulled out a small charm and reluctantly infused it with life from some bugs inside the walls and under the floor of the tavern. "This charm will now prevent me from casting any magic, including my dangerous ability, while it is in my possession." He held out his hand. "Do we have a deal?"

Anonymous

He wasn't sure if this man before him was just stupid or if he was just trying to get a scare out of the captain. This definitely seemed like a terrible idea. However, he knew a lot of things could be done to people like this man before him. He had a fast hand and a fast sabre, he'd decapitate the stinking corpse man before he managed to do much if he had to. That was the only way to be sure. Even if the body survived without the head, how well would the body do in chum laden waters with sharks everywhere...or how well would the head do?

Yes, that would be acceptable then.

Because everything that the necromancer said to him could be a bold faced lie. He talked of dangerous power and how he was an honourable twisted man. That didn't bode well. Spektrox was very much considering telling the man to just go screw himself for that matter and let him get back to drinking. The sack of gold on the table didn't really buy any interest from Spektrox really. He had a vast wealth himself, and this would be a drop in the bucket. Matter of fact, this money would be dumped overboard probably.

"I'm not sure. See, you're talking about how great you are, and how powerful you are, and how you're honourable up until an agreement is finished...and that just screams bad news for me. I mean, I can't trust you, or this gold for that matter. I'd be too afraid to touch it, that I'd dump it over the ship the moment we left port. Which means that I'd be carrying you around for free...and that's bad business." Not to mention, he would not take the man out, get the shark, and then turn around and come back to the island. No. That would be...bad for business. He certainly wasn't going to just...take the man all the way to Cerenis with him.

Spektrox took up his mug and drank from it. "However, if ya want, I can teach you what to say to the next non-native captain that comes in here so you'll stand a better chance at going out on a ship." He was, if nothing, helpful.

Tags: