Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A time for everything...

Started by Anonymous, July 05, 2011, 07:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The House of Fallial had fallen quiet as the members of the family, and all the staff had slipped into their rooms for the night. Though, for one butler, the 'day' was just beginning. Stepping out of his room, where he had spent the past two hours he had free after training, Oisín adjusted his vest over his tie, then turned to make sure the door to his room was locked after ensuring his keys were tucked into his pocket.

Oisín, or Shin as he liked to go by, walked down the dark corridor that the servants rooms were linked to and made his way up some steep steps and out into the lavish hallway leading to the foyer. As he walked he quietly dusted off previously dusted pictures and tables. The place was so large that it was necessary to continuously clean everything, and that was why Shin was able to get a shift as the only night time butler.

He wandered up the large stairs. Deciding to start in an area he hadn't explored yet. Having just been hired that morning before he went off to train, he wasn't too sure where things were. And getting lost in a building like this was bound to happen, even to him.

And, after a few minutes of wandering corridors, he soon found a lone hallway that seemed to have been left uncleaned that day. He did recall some of the maid talking about the one son of the lord who was a bit of a... stick in the mud. They disliked coming into his area to clean because of his attitude and only was his own personal butler allowed to enter his room. But, Shin's job was to go everywhere and ensure that everything is in its place. Therefor, he had to clean the hallway. And he set forth to do so. Cleaning off the random ornaments that decorated the hall and soon coming to the lone door.

Being as silent and sneaky as he was, he was able to slip into Gemini's room without even a sound from the door. Even capable of shutting it. This skill was essential so he could clean up the rooms while the family slept. And he was fully prepared to expect that Gemini was sleeping and never let his eyes wander over to the bed as he cleaned up what needed to be cleaned swiftly and silently.

Anonymous

Gemini Stone ended his days late and started them early – it was a reckless way to live out his days, but he wasn't the kind of man who was built for sleeping in. How could one justify sleeping, he wondered, while the rest of the world was awake, and alive? He hated the feeling – he hated closing his eyes, and surrendering himself to the darkness. You could say he suffered acute insomnia because of it – but others would just call him haughty. After all, only the vain man believed that the world would not turn unless he was there to spin it on its axis.

So perhaps that was why he noticed him – a servant, or perhaps a butler, creeping in his room, silently. Ah, he had many of his own personal people that came in and out of his room like ghosts, respectfully tidying up any acute mess that Gemini might've left behind in his study, while leaving as silently as he came. He had not been sleeping, really, but he had grown good at pretending to be deep in slumber. Years of Father checking up on him, making sure he was in bed and not causing some chaos, made him a master of such an illusion.

Curious, the Stone heir opened one eye, watching the butler tidy swiftly, efficiently. While Gemini had many slaves and servants, all who tended to him and him alone, he knew all of them by face and name – but not this one, which was strange. Peculiar, even, since, from what Gemini could make out with one eye open, he had an elegant profile.

Once, a long time ago – when Father had thought scolding him would change his behavior (spoiler alert: it didn't change a damn thing), he had told Gemini not to bother the servants while they were at work. In fact, it was better not to bother them at all. It was not decent – not gentlemanly. (Never mind the fact that Gemini loved having so many people working for him just to 'bother' them, as Father called it,  but that was neither here or there).

But then, when had Gemini Stone failed at being a gentleman? Was he not always polite, chivalrous, and mannerly?

A bit of magic was all he needed here – and Gemini Stone had always wanted to try putting his mastery of psychic abilities to the test. Gemini, who always wore his mana rings to bed – just a paranoid man would sleep in a pile of his own gold – snapped his fingers under the covers, and in the blink of an eye, he was gone. It was obvious that he had just disappeared, sadly – the sheets, which had been covering him, fell down in a slump.

A few moments passed, and Gemini Stone reappeared again, behind the butler, placing a hand on his shoulder. Grinning slyly, he leaned in close, placing a hand on his shoulder, and asked, in a playful whisper, "First day on the job?"

He let go of the stranger's shoulder then, taking a step back, watching him carefully, with mischievous eyes. The mana ring – his psychic ring, had been glowing a dark purple, but after the trick, was now dimming, until no light shone from it at all. "Or at least, it must be your first, hm?" Gemini went on, tapping a single finger to his lip. "Most servants know to leave my room for much, much later in the night. I don't sleep as... easily, as the rest of  my family does."  

Gemini crossed his arms over his chest, shaking his head. He wore his usual royal purple robe, as he normal wore to bed, his rusty purple hair disheveled from lying in bed for an hour or so. Despite his casual attire, there was something in the way that the heir carried himself, that always made him appear regal. "Now see what you've done, waking me up at such an ungodly hour..." He smirked – a Cheshire cat's grin. "How will you atone?"

Anonymous

It came as no surprise to Shin when he heard the sheets slump. He realized then that the heir to the family had been awake the whole time, and was actually behind him. Though the hand reached out and touched him, Shin never jumped. He simply set down the item he was holding and turned to look at the older man once the hand had left his shoulder.

Though only one eye was visible, in the dimly lit room, the eerie glow from his right eye was visible past some strands of his bangs. He simply looked at the shorter man's face and blinked a couple of times as he was ridiculed for having not known about the man's sleeping habits. Though, he chose not to answer Gemini. He merely stepped back and bowed his head as an apology. What more could be done? Shin had one job to do and that was to clean and organize at night. And that's what he was doing. To get in 'trouble' wasn't strange to him, but he wasn't expecting it so soon.

He reached up to adjusting his bangs to ensure his eye was hidden, but only gave more of a glimpse to its strange glow. Then, he wordlessly turned and picked up the rag he had set on a small table and proceeded to wipe off the table. Continuing to do his job unless he was told to stop. He was required to follow the rules of the family. Even if he had a job-- he had to take requests had they been awake.

Anonymous

He wasn't sure what he expected... but he definitely didn't expect him to be quiet. Oh, usually it was the new ones who were so easily riled up, quick to apologize, quick to fix any mistake with flailing hands and multiple bows, repeating 'sorry, sorry, sorry!' under their breath until their throats went sore. But this one merely bowed adjusted his raven black hair, and went back to polishing his table – as if nothing had ever happened. He did not utter a word, which made Gemini perk an eyebrow – amused. This one was so professional, no? He had almost forgotten what it was like – to have a professional servant around, one whose knees did not quake in his presence.

Gemini sat back on his bed, watching him clean the table with diligence. He had a better view of the butler from here, he thought, and stretched out on the bed, so that he was lying down on his stomach, with his head held up with his hands. "You're quite serious, aren't you?" Gemini asked, tilting his head up towards the butler. "Cleaning is not such an arduous task, is it? You can talk to me while you clean, if you wish. I promise I won't try and steal your voice away if you do – I'm no wicked witch, despite my prank on you earlier." Besides, he didn't look wicked, did he? His scarlet eyes might say otherwise... "Perhaps you could tell me your name, stranger? In exchange, I'll tell you mine – unless you know it already?" He would be shocked if he didn't!

Anonymous

Oisin continued to clean in silence even though Gemini was quite comfortable with talking to him. He did turn to look at him as he was told he could talk..though, it was if he wanted to. And, he didn't. So, he continued to stay quiet.

Although, when he was asked to tell his name, he was more or less required to do so, there was no statement of 'if you would like,' it was a simple you tell, and I'll tell. Shin folded the rag and turned to look at Gemini. "I can tell you that you are the son of the lord. Though, I am not sure of who you are." he admitted before he chose to state his name. "My name is Oisin Flynn." It had been a long time since the name Flynn was heard in Fallial. Because of the history, and how Malachai Flynn had killed himself and Rebecca Flynn left the main home to live in a small cottage, and her status of being dead was still unknown, there was no need to speak of the Flynns and their 'fall from nobility.' But, it wasn't like Shin could lie about who he was. Or hide some aspects as he spoke, those sharp fangs becoming visible when his lips parted with each word.

After his simple explanation and introduction, he turned to walk over to a small desk where books on how to be a mage and magic sat with strew out papers with notes. So, he proceeded to organize them in a very fitting manner and dusted off the books and desk.

Anonymous

Ah, so he didn't know his name! If Father had hired him to work here, that wasn't so surprising – and perhaps, if he had managed to be as silent towards the other servants as he was being towards Gemini now, it would make sense, if he did not know his name. The whole west wing was considered Gemini's domain – he worked here, studied in some of the more secret rooms, and knew this place like the back of his hands, better than his servants, certainly. Most who came around here knew full well who he was, but if this one was new – which he certainly was – it would make sense.

Gemini sat up on his bed, smoothing out the ivory sheets with his right hand, shaking his head. "Not just any son," he corrected, "The eldest son. Gemini Stone – heir of House Stone." As usual, there was a flourishing quality to Gemini's words, as if every syllable was adorned with his own flavor of flamboyance. He smiled a little, as he said it, tilting his head to the side, waiting to hear the butler's name – if he would dare give it at all. To be honest, Gemini hadn't expected an answer – but, while the butler was quiet, Gemini wouldn't describe him as stoic, not yet.

He did give his name, Oisin Flynn, and it caused Gemini to furrow his brow in thought. "Flynn," Gemini repeated, although it was not a statement, but a question. "You wouldn't happen to be part of the Flynn family, are you? The nobles, who..." He bit his lip – wondering if he should go on. Gemini knew as well as anyone else that not all rumors had any truth to them, but as the story went, Lady Flynn had been taken advantage of by a dark creature of sorts, and Lord Flynn had killed himself because of it. He had not heard of what had happened to the son – but was he there, standing right in front of him?

"You still have the grace of a noble," Gemini noted softly, "despite everything." Of course, his profile was more elegant than most of his other servants – they had never hosted a noble worker in their house, not ever before. Gemini could not outright talk about his past any further than that – while he did like to push people's buttons and walk the line between their comfort zones and their boundaries, he wouldn't bring up someone's past, not in such a situation.

Instead, his scarlet eyes trailed over towards his desk, watching Oisin straighten up his notes and put away his books. Usually, most servants left them as they were, afraid to misplace any of his notes, but Gemini didn't do any serious studying here. His libraries and archives of notes were hidden in the west wing – only dedicated servants even knew where they were. He was good at organizing his notes, though – considering this was the first time he had ever seen them. "Are you any good at magic, Oisin?" Gemini asked, curious. Most nobles at least dabbled in it, didn't they? "I can't find anyone in this House that has any interest in it... Or perhaps you're more of a swordplay type of man?" His eyes never left Oisin's frame as he spoke – it must've been obvious that he was staring, but Gemini couldn't care less whether he was being obvious about it. Noble or no, he still worked in this house, which meant he was his to ogle.

Anonymous

He turned to look at Gemini to show that he had gotten his name and would refer to him as such name. The flamboyant tone and the pride he held in his voice made Shin a little uncomfortable, but for reasons far beyond feeling out of place. Though, he soon turned back to what he was doing.

When Gemini asked if he was from the Flynn family, Oisin set down the book he was wiping off and his gaze returned to Gemini's face. "Yes, the Flynn family. And I'm no noble. I never was." He said in regards to him having the grace of a noble. Though, that grace was there, Oisin felt as though he was only allowed to honor his demonic blood after what his father did. Though, he did wonder if Gemini would actually ask for the truth in what happened to his mother and his step father instead of relying mainly on rumors. If Gemini were to ask, he would have to tell him the truth. And though Gemini hinted to what he had heard, there was no request and no need for Oisin to believe Gemini cared about the truth. So, he turned and walked over to the fireplace to clean up the soot that was building up.

"Am I good at magic?" he repeated as a question and nodded his head. "I am.. and I am good at swordplay. I'm a knight." he admitted, continuing to clean. "I wield my sword with magic. That is how I fight for House Stone."

Anonymous

It was strange, to think that Oisin did not consider himself a noble. Gemini slid off the bed and landed daintily on his feet, moving over towards the fireplace as the butler did so as well. The heir leaned against the hearth, crossing his arms, still keeping those scarlet eyes locked on his new servant. It was a little infuriating, having to talk so much just to wheedle the most basic answers out of the man – but that's what made him so mysterious, after all. Servants normally jumped at the chance to talk to him, either because they wanted a distraction from their duties, or because they were humbled that the heir of House Stone wanted to talk to them, of all people!

But Oisin just kept calm and carried on.

"Nonsense," Gemini dismissed, at Oisin's refusal to call himself a noble. "Do you think you can hide it – the natural elegance you were born with? You're a noble – anyone with high blood can tell." It was strange, though – the more Gemini thought of the rumors that surrounded the Flynn family, the more he was dying to ask about his past, and wondered for how long he could still his tongue. He wanted to be respectful, truly – but, when he was faced with a living legend like this, someone who had more rumors spun about him than some goddesses had myths, how could Gemini help himself?

But, he did learn something new – not only was the butler good with magic, but he was also a knight. Gemini always felt a twinge of rivalry whenever someone mentioned they were a knight – while Gemini was a knight of Fallial as well, he didn't put in half the time training as most of the other knights did. No, he put in just enough so that his knighthood couldn't be stripped away, and left the swordplay to those who were really good at it. But, really, both a mage and a knight...

"So you're a knight – somehow, that doesn't surprise me," Gemini admitted, looking down at his nails, which were painted a deep shade of purple. "You strike me as the 'honorable' sort – doing admirable things like fighting for your province and the like..." He paused here (stopping to charge his purple mana ring subtly) and he couldn't help himself, so he added, in a mischievous tone, "...despite everything."

He laughed a little, and snapped his fingers – in a flash, he had disappeared again, and appeared atop the fireplace. It had been a delicate maneuver – there were many heirlooms hanging on top of the fireplace, many glass boxes where he held certain trinkets or prayer beads, or small statuettes given to him by other noble families of Fallial. One wrong move and he could've knocked over and broken any one of these objects, but he had pulled it off perfectly. He sat atop the fireplace, legs swinging, while placing his right hand on his cheek, still staring at Oisin in that roguish way.

"There are so many rumors, swirling around the province around you, Oisin Flynn," Gemini began, his voice faraway, dreamlike. "Most of them are about your lineage – that your father was some dark creature of the night, who took your mother against her will. Of course, that's the boring story – one that might even be true." Gemini's own scarlet eyes might have been mistaken for a demon in that moment – with the way they flickered so curiously, so intently, like the Cheshire cat himself. "But I've heard other things – that the child of Lady and Lord Flynn was supposedly, dead." He had heard it at some get together his Father had thrown a while ago – back then, it had been just a horror story to think about.

"I've heard that Lady Flynn went mad after Lord Flynn's apparent suicide... That she kept him in the basement, and beat him..." That curiosity that shone in Gemini's eyes might have been mistaken for contempt. "...That she bruised him, that she tortured him..." He looked down at his nails, trying to recall details. "...That she killed him, drank his blood, then slit her own wrists..." He did not realize how morbid he was being, in that moment. Eventually, after a pause, Gemini looked up at Oisin, equipped with that all too playful grin.

"Perhaps you are made of darker blood, to have apparently survived all that."

While his tone meant to imply that it was obviously not true, it was easy to mistake his sarcasm for something snider. Of course, while Gemini did love to toy with others, there were sometimes when he tip-toed too far away from that invisible line that one was not supposed to cross.

Anonymous

He ignore Gemini as the other man shifted around the room like it was child's play. Only briefly acknowledging his presence next to him for a moment before he picked up a delicate pot from the fireplace which cleared up a spot that Gemini soon planted his bottom on.

Oisin didn't bother to look up at Gemini when the other moved up to the mantle and he went about wiping dust out from inside the pot as Gemini spoke. His eyes narrowing at the subject that came up after the brief repeat of him being a knight. Then again, even Oisin ignored the noble comment again. He really wasn't acknowledging anything about Gemini's presence except for his sudden topic of the House of Flynn.

Oisin soon stopped wiping out the pot and was just holding it in his hands as his sharp nails brushed over the delicate paint that decorated the porcelain. The paint chipping off and gathering under his nails as stories of his mother's abuse and soon murder of her only son.. then how she drank his impure blood and went mad. Oisin's right eye glowed dangerously behind his hair. Even though his bangs were rather thick to hide the constant glow, this one radiated more in the dimly lit room.

Then Gemini struck the last cord with the cocky statement at the end. And that beautiful pot was shattered in his hands into a fine dust like it was never even in clay form before. His eyes scanned over his hands which were coated in that fine dust with remnants of gold from the pot's old gold trimmings. Then he looked up at Gemini. His eyes narrowed, and his teeth grit, revealing those fangs he always has hidden.

At the moment, he was too pissed to speak. And he was currently fighting the urge to attack Gemini.

Anonymous

Gemini Stone had no idea just who – or what – he was dealing with here.

But that was what made everything so exciting! He had played with fire before – literally – but somehow, Oisin was more volatile and less predictable than the most dangerous of flames. Of course, the heir took in his reaction – watching with a raised eyebrow as the butler's nails brushed over the delicate porcelain of one of Gemini's heirlooms, a golden pot, given to him by one of Rhys' old friends. His anger was palpable – Gemini could almost feel it enveloping him, as if his wrath was enough to fill up this entire room. Maybe someone else would be afraid. But Gemini Stone was one of those men – a man too vain and proud to ever think that he could ever be in danger.

His rage was explosive – enough to crush his heirloom between his two hands, turning the golden pot into a fine dust, that sprinkled in a mist near the butler's feet. His eye – his right eye – like a warning sign, flashed underneath his raven black hair, and finally – the finale – he flashed his fangs at Gemini, which he had failed to notice, all this time. Somehow, Gemini had managed to strike a nerve – which wasn't news, for a person as unfalteringly persistent like the heir of House Stone, but he had never seen such rage before. To take it all it – it was almost intoxicating. Like fumes from a freshly lit cigar – that aroma may be sweet, for a time, but deadly in the next.

Gemini was swift – like the wind, one minute he was atop the fireplace, and the next, he was in front of Oisin, dangerously close. He shook his head, looking down at the broken pot. "Ten thousand suns," he stated simply, "is the price of your anger. And here I thought you would be more... professional." He smiled – or maybe it was a smirk. "When I first saw you, I thought, 'This man has no weaknesses. His heart is made of unpenetrable stone.' But I was wrong, wasn't I? I'm glad I was, in a way..."

How far could he push these boundaries, before he made it to the point of no return?

"What are you hiding, under this stone-cold façade?" Gemini murmured, stepping closer. Daringly, he moved his toward Oisin, slowly. "Is it your humanity, you hide away?" he wondered aloud, brushing away the curtain of raven black hair that shielded Oisin's right eye to the world. With one fluid gesture, Gemini unveiled his secret eye – a stunning, glowing jade in color.

"...Or is it the mark of a demon?"

Anonymous

His eyes flickered down to Gemini's hight in front of him in the instant the man had vanished. And it seemed at though he knew where Gemini would stand before he had reappeared. And he continued to stare at Gemini with a fire in his eyes. His actions were limited, though he still continued to refrain from talking.

Even as Gemini approached him, Oisin was trying too hard to hide his anger and get it underway, that is.. Until Gemini reached up and brushed his hair to the side and looked at his eye that was always hidden. The last statement taking what ever restraint Oisin had left and he reached out in a flash much faster than Gemini's teleportation and grabbed onto his collar roughly. Those sharp nails broke through the fabric like it was a bubble and pierced Gemini's skin.

Then, in another fluid motion he had Gemini up against a wall, though away from the fire, and had a good amount of force behind his thrust against the wall. He held Gemini off his feet and he leaned in dangerously close and growled his words. "If you know so much, you should probably chose not to beckon the rage of a demon." He said angerly. His eyes narrowed as his breath hit Gemini's skin hotly. "It could get you in a lot of trouble." Oisin was totally consumed with anger. And it would take a very strong act to snap him back out of it. But, what that act was.... even Oisin didn't know. He never got this angry.

Anonymous

He was waltzing far too close to that line – to the point of no return.

Of course, Gemini had thought he was ready for anything, but he hadn't expected Oisin to be so fast. Perhaps, if he had seen the butler coming, he would've managed to slip away – but his mana ring needed to be charged for him to utilize its power, and so, he was caught. One would think, now was the perfect time for Gemini to be frightened – but, he was not. Foolish was the man who could not sense danger while it held him by the collar, but the heir could only be in awe of the noble's raw power. How long had he studied magic, hoping to be as powerful as someone like this, who had caught him like a mouse is caught by a cat – efficiently, quickly, with burning hot rage.

"You speak as if your demonic side is all of what you are," Gemini started, his voice not as playful as before – but more pensive, thoughtful, as it had been before, when he spoke of Oisin's grace as a noble. "But it is only half of you, is it not?" He paused, and smiled a little, wondering how he could only manage to be in awe of him, at a time like this. "I don't know anything about the rage of a demon, true. But I know, fairly well, about the rage of a human. How we have such weak souls – how we let rumors corrupt and erode our psyches, until there is nothing left of us..."

Gemini shook his head, his purple hair falling across his face as he did so – it was still disheveled, but it gave him a more tired look. He smile was a little sad now – as it always was, whenever he realized he had crossed a line too carelessly. "It hurts doesn't it? All the lies that have spread, like wildfire, unchecked, throughout the province..."

He could not help himself – no, Gemini wasn't someone who could ever keep his hands to himself, not even in a situation like this. He reached out once again, brushing the butler's stray lock of hair, that had been hiding his demon eye, behind his ear – so that he could see it, and see Oisin for what he really was. The heir's fingers lingered, until he finally pulled them back, albeit reluctantly. "On behalf of Fallial, I apologize – for my lesser, wretched peers." Gemini leaned closer – closing the gap between them, smiling, his voice now soft and thoughtful. "For hurting a soul as noble at yours." There was that word again – noble. He would say it until Oisin believed it – that he was a noble; he always had been, and he always would be.

Anonymous

Oisin was debating ways to peel that milky skin off Gemini's face while there was a moment of tension between them. Then Gemini's voice rang out and his eyes focused back on Gemini's face and not sickenly scanning over his skin. The words were almost sweet.. and when the smile flickered through Gemini's lips, his eyes focused on them. Then back up to his eyes.

Gemini went on to speak... not about his demon blood.. but about the weaknesses of humans and how that came to create a rage so easily tapped into. And the fingers came up and brushed his hair aside. His eyes went wide as he looked at Gemini's face. It was like his mask was taken off. He felt almost naked. Out in the open. Revealed. Ashamed. And his grip weakened slightly. Though it took that apology to bring him back to normal. His eye stopped glowing so brightly and he slowly lowered Gemini to his feet and stared at him. Being called noble again made him look away. His eyes focusing on the flame. "I am no noble." He said softly. Gemini still didn't know the true story, and it was in that story that the reason why Oisin didn't believe he was a noble lie. And, after attacking the lord's son. He felt worse. He looked to his hands, his nails coated in blood from where he cut into Gemini's skin. And he stepped back from the older man. Putting a good amount of distance between them.

Anonymous

His anger had finally subsided – and slowly, carefully, Oisin had released him, placing Gemini back on his feet. The heir had not been afraid, for a part of him knew that the butler would not hurt him – he couldn't have even entertained the thought. There was some vanity in such a way of thinking, surely, but Gemini, for all of his boastful pride and egotism, had an optimistic spark in him – he could always see the light in others, even when they were drowned in darkness.

In fact, he had been so in awe of Oisin's raw power that he hadn't even noticed that the butler's nails had been pricking through his skin the whole time. It was only after Oisin removed his nails from his skin that Gemini winced slightly, but only for a moment, as the pain was not something to get worked up over. He had been through worse – during training, when practicing spells for the first time. He looked toward the butler – who had put some distance between them, for whatever reason, Gemini could not fathom why.

Tilting his head, the heir caught sight of Oisin's nails – painted in his blood. He shook his head, and muttered with a laugh, "You've made a bloody mess." He held out his hand, and the blue mana ring, stationed on the index finger of his left hand, began to glow. "Hold still, this won't hurt."

Gemini slowly closed the gap between them – honestly, if Oisin thought he was going to get any personal space around here, he was dead wrong – and carefully, gently, took his bloodied hand in his left one. The last thing Gemini wanted was to abuse the butler's trust again, so he made sure to be slow and careful with his movements. His left hand released enough water to cover and clean Oisin's bloodied nails, and soon after, the wind mana ring activated, drying his hand as quickly as it had been washed. Reluctantly, Gemini let the butler's hand go, his eyes smiling at him. "Much better, hm?" he asked, forever playful in his tone.

He was still determined to claim that he was not a noble – and Gemini frowned a little at his words, looking down at the ground for a moment, before looking back at Oisin, deciding to ask what he should've asked in the first place. "Would you tell me?" Gemini asked, his voice pensive, curious. "About what really happened... to cause the fall of House Flynn?" The heir was being direct – it was unlike him – but he wanted to know, needed to know, what had happened to scar him so.

Anonymous

He froze when the heir closed the distance between them and took his hand. Though he wasn't worried about such weak magic being used on him, he was shocked to see that the magic was used to clean the blood off his hand and to dry his hand. It was an interesting way to practice magic, but practice was practice. He looked at his hand, then back up to Gemini's face. He finally did it.. Finally asked what really happened. No one ever asked... Then again, he was able to keep his identity a secret for the most part.

Oisin looked at him and rose a brow.. Then he turned to look away. "Every rumor has the begining right. My father's a high demon." He mentioned. That at least explained his strength and power. Even being just a half blood, he was still very powerful. Then he looked down to to the floor. "My mother thought I was her husband's child. So they kept her pregnancy. When I was born... it was apparent I wasn't his son, though I took his name. The stress from the towns people learning of my heritage made my father kill himself. Then... my mother abandoned me when I was three. I didn't know him. And it wasn't until I was older that I was told who she was. I found her. Alive. And she explained everything to me. Though.... it was too much for her. She killed herself while I rested in what was supposed to be my room. I buried her the next day." He gave the abridged version.. But looked up to Gemini's face to see what he thought of the truth.

Anonymous

The butler spoke – and the heir was glad to hear him speak more than just a couple of sentences, for once. His voice only offered Gemini more reason to believe in his nobility. From his profile, to his raw power, to even the tone of his voice – everything about Oisin pointed to him being a noble. It was only after the butler told his story that Gemini could understand why he refused to believe that he was noble. His trademark Cheshire cat grin faded as his tale ended, and the heir bit his lip, lost for words, for once in his life.

"So you are..." Gemini began, his voice low and soft. "You really are part demon." It was not a question, but a statement – affirming what he had already thought was to be the truth. He had seen his demon eye after all – an illustrious purple in color, too beautiful to be human. The heir shook his head – and realized, for that second in time, that he did not know what it was like, to have to feel pain, strife, hardship. Compared to Oisin, hadn't life been easy?

Absentmindedly, he adjusted the purple mana ring on his right hand, looking over at the butler, biting his lip. "But your father's origins – that doesn't dictate who you are, or take away your birthright. And your origins – it doesn't stop you from being noble. Not in my eyes." Being an arrogant man, and egotistical in every direction fathomable, he was the type of man who believed his opinion held a lot of weight. If Gemini believed it, then surely it was true.

He reached out again, grasping Oisin on his shoulder with his right hand, not noticing his purple mana ring flicker on and off without him willing it to. "You are –" Gemini began, but winced suddenly, as if he had touched a hot iron, removing his hand from Oisin. He looked toward the mana ring, and saw that the gemstone in the center had been cracked slightly – which must have happened recently, because that crack hadn't been there before. Gemini snapped his fingers, looking down at the ring – which was the wrong move to make, in this situation.

The ring malfunctioned – it happened so fast, no one, not even Gemini, could've stopped when happened next. A powerful burst of raw psychic energy emitted from the ring, blasting forwards – towards the first and only target in the room. The heir's eyes widened – despite his best attempt to reign in his power, somehow, the mana ring had broken and, for that split moment, unleashed the best of Gemini's raw ability. Some part of him hoped that Oisin could move faster than the speed of sound. Some sober part of him knew he couldn't. So he could only yell his name, shell shocked, unable to believe what he had done.

Anonymous

He looked away from Gemini and nodded. "Yes... I am half demon." He admitted.. Though the words were like acid on his tongue. They stung with a pain that Gemini could never understand. But the honest remorse the lord's son had shown him... It was enough to make Oisin believe that he might be a noble. But, no matter what he thought-- or what birth rights he had, he couldn't honor that blood. His father passed on a lineage of pain and suffering. His own mother took her life because the history and the rite of passage Oisin bore was far too much for her to understand. He son, the son of a noble woman, was the child of a demon. He even wondered if his mother felt any pain when she slit her wrists.. and he couldn't think that she did even too this day. It was a relief to finally be free of that burden.

He looked to Gemini when the lord's son touched his shoulder. The sweet voice ringing out but was cut of when a surge of raw power emitted from that ring and struck Oisin in the shoulder before he was able to realize something was even wrong. Oisin gasped and fell to the floor. His hand came up and he grasped his shoulder that was now bleeding. A deep purple liquid seeped from the severe burn that now marred Oisin's skin. His shirt and vest were ruined, and his pale skin revealed beyond his shirt. Charred and burnt. Gemini's body knew to attack him. And innate survival tactic. Though Oisin couldn't be mad. He just grimaced and held his shoulder. Trying to lessen the bloodflow even though he doubted that Gemini would realize that thick purple liquid was his blood.. It wouldn't be the first time one of his wounds went unnoticed.

Anonymous

Gemini Stone didn't make mistakes. He was supposed to be the one, wasn't he? He had spent the better part of his life, if not all of his life, training, studying, reading, practicing, enhancing, augmenting, and honing his immense magical talent, so he could become stronger (the strongest, the one) but not... not so things like this could happen. He hadn't mastered the psychic element so that his favorite and strongest element could lash out against those close to him – that wasn't what his magic was for, damnit!

The heir pushed back his own aggravation (What good is a mage that can't think straight in such situations, Gemini...) and bent down towards Oisin, assessing the damage. He was injured, badly – his body burnt from taking a blow from such raw magical power, his vest and shirt ruined... Gemini swore under his breath, a quick, vulgar word, and realized that he did not know his own strength. He had allowed his power to get out of control, and finally, after Oisin had opened up to him a little, this had happened.

"Come, take my hand," Gemini instructed, meaning to help him up, steering him towards the bed, wordlessly guiding him to sit on it, so he could take a closer look at the wound. While Gemini was not versed in healing magic, he had learned, through trial, error, and damned determination, how to dress wounds, especially ones caused by magic. After all, he had magic turn against himself many times, in the beginning – not so much anymore nowadays – but his skill was still there, and thank goodness he didn't have to call a nurse up to his room.  

Without thinking, he snapped his fingers again, meaning to activate his psychic power to just float the bandages and healing creams into his hands, but he looked down at the ring, and found that it would not activate – it would not even glow. Groaning, and deciding that he'd worry about it later (never mind the fact that his psychic power was supposed to be his strongest, never mind that he was at least twenty five perfect more vulnerable if he couldn't rely on his main mana ring....), he dug into his drawers, bringing forth a small box with medicinal supplies it in, over to Oisin's side.

"I can't apologize to you enough," Gemini muttered, his tone peppered with frustration, direction fully towards himself, with a dash of concern. "This sort of thing – it never happens. I normally – no, I always... I'm supposed to always be in control." (Was he not the one after all?) He looked back towards Oisin's wound, and took note of something he hadn't noticed before... A purple, dark liquid was dripping out of the wound, which made Gemini's eyes widened.

"Is this... psychic mana residue?" he asked, curious. It made sense to him – purple had always been equated with psychic mana power, but this... no, he wasn't sure. Tentatively, he asked, "Or... are you bleeding?"

His eyes grew more serious – if he was bleeding, then he had done more damage than he had thought. Swiftly, the heir climbed up on the bed, placing his medicinal box, loaded with bandages, crèmes and salves for the wound, on the bed next to him. "Lie down," Gemini instructed firmly – it was an order, once again. The playfulness in his tone was gone – and a more serious, a more concerned Gemini had emerged, one who had no time for Cheshire cat grins.

He straddled him – without thinking much of it, at the time – leaning over him to unpin what was left of the buttons on Oisin's best, working quickly to take it off. "I need to see how severe the burn is, so I know how to best bandage you..." He smiled a little here, his lithe fingers curling under the charred remains of Oisin's shirt. "Do you trust me?" Was he asking for the impossible?

Anonymous

Oisin pulled his hand from the wound for a moment to look at it. Then placed his hand back over it and winced. Well, that wasn't too pleasant feeling.. Though, even though Gemini's magic had acted up and hit him, Oisin still had a very stoic expression on his face. Not even the pain caused him to grimace for too long before his expression went back to that of the butler.

When Gemini approached him, and told him to take his hand. So, he reached out and took Gemini's hand and got to his feet. Moving over to Gemini's bed confused him for a moment, he didn't want to overstep any boundaries. And to sit on his boss' bed. Though, he did so because Gemini sort of made him. He looked up at Gemini's face and shook his head. "It wasn't entirely your fault." He said softly. He could feel power leaking out since he met Gemini, but now that dull feeling was gone and he knew why. He just pointed to the mana ring that Gemini had so he could inspect it and see that it cracked.

Then, Gemini's eyes widened and Oisin looked to the side when his blood came into question. He expected some sort of magic-related comment, but was surprised when Gemini asked if he was bleeding. Oisin's eyes returned to Gemini's and he nodded slowly. "That's... my blood." He said softly.

And now Gemini was an entirely different person. He lied down when he was instructed to and looked at Gemini as the older man straddled his hips and started unbuttoning his shirt. He didn't like being in a situation where his eye was easily seen and even though Gemini had seen it, it was habit for him to lay there and keep his right eye closed. Staring at his boss dully with his blue eye. In any other situation Oisin would be trying to get away from his boss because this was very inappropriate. Though, Oisin didn't dare to talk back to Gemini. He looked to the side when the fingers curled under his shirt and he could feel them on his skin, but he spoke softly. "I trust you." He said softly.

Anonymous

He trusted him. Somehow, the words meant a lot coming from Oisin. Any other servant would be quick to oblige Gemini, to tend to all his fancies and say whatever they believed would please him, but Oisin was different, Gemini knew. If he said he trusted him, that meant he did trust him – and the last thing Gemini wanted to do was shatter the butler's faith in him.

Gemini Stone was not a medic, but he had learned to dress wounds from his own wounds, spawned from magical accidents, that happened so long ago. Slowly, Gemini pulled the burned remains of Oisin's vest and shirt off him and over his head, revealing his bare abdomen.

Professionally, Gemini kept his eyes directed on Oisin's wounds, working first on cleaning, bandaging, and putting pressure on the bleeding gash. It had scared him a little, to be frank, seeing that purple liquid ooze out of Oisin the way it did, so after it was bandaged, Gemini was noticeably less tense, hoping that, somehow, the demon side of Oisin would help it heal up quickly. For now, bandaging it was all he could do.

It was only then that he allowed he allowed his eyes to stray, devouring Oisin with his gaze alone. He dipped his fingers lightly in the cooling salves, lightly spreading it across his burn, but his eyes wandered across the butler's body, straying down to his hips, noticing a set of tribal tattoos inked near his abdomen, near his hips.

The heir perked an eyebrow, screwing the cap back on the healing salve, running his fingers across the tattoos that were currently visible. The fact that the designs seemed to nearly wrap around his hips was intoxicating – if anything, Gemini had a thing for hips. He loved curling his fingers around them, holding someone by the hips, feeling their vulnerability through such an intimate place.

Not able to help himself, Gemini –  who really had no need to straddle Oisin anymore, but held his position anyway – traced his tattoos with two fingers, playfully smirking at his now captured butler.  "You're a man who hides many secrets, aren't you?" he asked, in a low whisper. "Your stunning, violet demon eye, for one... Your anger, beautiful in its passion... And now, these intricate markings..." From what Gemini could see, the tattoos probably did not end where his eyes could see. Mischievously, he tucked his fingers in the hem of the butler's pants, grinning, pulling himself closer to the demon knight.

"So? How low do these tattoos go?"