Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A time for everything...

Started by Anonymous, July 05, 2011, 07:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Everything blurred together, he barely even noticed he was being carried until he felt the soft bed underneath him--in fact, he almost thought he fell and was somehow close enough to the bed to fall on the bed.

His eyes closed, but opened when he heard Gemini curse and watched him run to the door before coming back to his side.

Oisin felt sick. Horribly sick. And his body started to be coated in a thin sheen from sweat. Though he was pale. And, what's worse was this sound of sizzling. Soon followed by him wincing, then groaning. The chemicals had soaked through the clothes and were burning his skin. "Aaa~!" He winced and curled up a bit, holding his side that was starting to leak that purple substance. Those chemicals needed to get washed off--and quick.

Anonymous

From the moment Oisín started wincing in pain, Gemini realized that there was nothing anyone else could do about this situation except himself. He swore under his breath again, realizing that the chemicals needed to be washed off immediately – the sooner, the better. He could move him to the tub for a quick bath, but his side was already oozing purple blood and hell if Gemini wanted to make Oisín play a waiting game.

Swiftly, the heir removed what remained of the demon knight's clothing. He charged his blue mana ring swiftly, encasing his hands with a coating of water, washing him free of the chemicals that plagued him. It wasn't enough, he knew, for water was not his strongest element... Swiftly, he made his way into the bathroom, returning with a damp cloth, washing away the chemicals diligently. His hands were shaking as he did it, and Gemini hated it – hated how he could feel so weak when really, it was Oisín who was in pain.

He wanted to say something, but the words escaped him. So he held the rag near Oisín's side, where that purple substance leaked through, putting some pressure on the wound, hoping to heal it. "It'll be okay, Oisín," he soothed, because it had to be. If he hadn't scared that maid out of her wits then maybe she wouldn't have been so clumsy...

Just as words came to his mouth, his door was pried open by the medic, an elder man, wise beyond his years. "There's trouble, Kale's told me," he breathed out, making his way over towards the demon. "You don't mind if I run a quick scan of your vitals, do you, m'boy?" he asked – cheerful, despite the situation.

Gemini glared daggers into the elder man – how could one be so jolly when he was obviously in so much pain? The old man pretended not to notice the heir, and placed his hand on Oisín's chest, his fingertips glowing green as he did so. Ah – the medic's touch, but it was not a vibrant shade of green. He could not heal the demon, but perhaps he could figure out what was wrong. "All I need you to do is take deep breaths, m'boy," the medic went on. "Inhale... exhale..."

Anonymous

He shifted as Gemini removed his shirt and left him topless on the bed. Ha had pried his hand from the wound and looked to the side as Gemini used his magic to coat his hand in water and washed off most of the potions, and he sighed in relief as some of that pain subsided.

He almost spaced out a bit, too jumbled up to realize what was going on and before he realized it, there was a medic at his side telling him to breath.

He rose a brow and looked to the man, then to Gemini-- the heir didn't realize just how bad that was. He was bleeding, and once the medic realized that it was blood what would he do?

But the fact that he was so dizzy wasn't allowing for him to complain. He just followed orders. Breathing as calmly as he could.

Anonymous

After a few agonizing moments of the old medic doing nothing but reading Oisín's vitals, he nodded, pulling on a pair of white gloves on his fingers. Another medic, a young maiden, the elder medic's apprentice, had come to the room shortly after, who also took to examining Oisín as well, pressing a cold stethoscope to his chest, looking for any abnormalities in his upper respiratory system. The old medic let the young one go to work, eyeing Gemini out of the corner of his eye.

"I need to talk to you," the elder medic spoke in a quiet murmur, and Gemini, who had been standing over Oisín with his arms crossed over his chest, scarlet eyes out of his mind with worry, grudgingly tore himself away from the scene. This situation was still so unreal, and he was damned if he could even accept this as reality. Gemini Stone was not a man who was supposed to worry about anything, and yet...!

Gemini narrowed his eyes. "Make it quick."

"His blood is purple, Master Gemini. And my scans have shown other strange items about this man... There are abnormalities in his skeleton system that seems to allow him to sprout wings from his back. There is a dark aura deep inside of him – suppressed as it is now, it exists." The old man raised an eyebrow. "What is he?"

"He is important to me," Gemini rebuffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "Isn't that all you need to know?"

"...Fair enough," the medic obliged. "You see, whatever that concoction of chemicals collided with Mr. Flynn, it has suppressed some aura inside him. Unfortunately, since you went ahead and washed the chemicals off, there's no way for me to know what formula mixed with Oisín's body."

Gemini's face dropped. "Don't tell me that."

"Shall I lie to you instead? But what's done is done. Whatever aura or power has been suppressed, it has removed Mr. Flynn's ability to fight off this sickness; it looks like nothing more than pneumonia, but without his immune system working properly, he has no way to get rid of this illness. The only way to reverse this is to concoct a potion with the elements that are completely opposite to whatever formula made him ill." The medic paused. "I will not be much help to you here."

"Then what good are you?" Gemini hissed, causing the apprentice at Oisín's side – who was fumbling with bandages – to wince. "Are you telling me that there's nothing you can do?"

The medic closed his eyes. "My apologies."

"Leave." Gemini's voice was steely, and cold, and it must've taken the old medic by surprise. He merely stood there, an eyebrow raised, as if he did not comprehend. Gemini shook his head, his tone darker, enraged. "Leave!" At that, the doctor and his apprentice quietly packed up, and Gemini slammed the door as they left, his hands shaking, his ugly anger taking control of him again.

He wasn't a doctor, but he was a mage, damnit. There had to be a way to trace what potions he had used. There had to be a way to numb Oisín's pain and make this thing more bearable in the process. He went back to Oisín's side, noticing that they hadn't even done anything about Oisín's bleeding wound. "Look at this... bunch of incompetent..." He couldn't finish his sentence. "It's fine. I'll take care of you, Oisín. I'll be damned if I let anything happen to you."

(But you're already damned for loving him, aren't you?)

And there – his heart was hurting again. He ignored it, damning Petronel instead, focusing on keeping calm. The heir bit his lip cleaning his wound with a damp rag, then grabbed a roll of bandages that he kept at his nightstand. Carefully, he bandaged the wound that the chemicals had burned into his side. His hands were still shaky though – the tape kept getting stuck on his fingers. "Oisín, do you remember the color of the potions that spilled on you? Or what kind of bottle they came in? Anything about them at all?" If he couldn't, that was fine – but that one detail might help Gemini concoct a cure, or first, a painkiller. Something. Anything. He was grasping for clues.

Anonymous

He laid there, wincing with each new deepness that the chemicals burned. Each time they hit a new nerve. Everything hurt, every movement, every breath he took. Even lying still hurt with those chemicals continuing to soak in. Though, his eyes snapped open when he heard the doc ask to speak with Gemini and took him to the side. Oisin knew why. He wasn't oblivious to mere human wants to know why a person's blood was purple. Though, his lacking of powers left him unable to hear the conversation and the fumbling apprentice brought him back to reality when she bumped a burn.

Though things weren't going to be all good. He had dazed off until Gemini's voice rang out loud and clear. Telling the doctor to leave, though he didn't hear that until the second time he yelled. In a daze, he watched Gemini as he moved closer to clean off the wound better and he winced once more, baring his teeth and it was apparent that his fangs had even retracted. For all intensive purposes, this potion made him human.

The question force him to try to grasp reality. He looked to Gemini, then closed his eyes and rattled off the colors. "Blue.. it was.. light, not the dark one. Like the sky. Aa.... red, like blood. Your blood. And... a yellow. .Sickening yellow.. Bright, bubbling." But there was one other one he didn't notice that was added to it. A green one that was dark and putrid looking.

Anonymous

Light blue, dark red, a sickening, bright, and bubbling yellow...

Gemini took all of the information in, committing in to memory, turning towards his study desk. He was not an alchemist and he was foolish for trying to dabble in so many areas of study at once. But it was his potions that had somehow caused Oisín to lose his powers, and it was Gemini who would get them back. He cast his scarlet eyes over the set of fresh potions on his study desk, the other set that the maid had brought and managed to not completely spill all over his demon knight.

Light blue, blood red, a bubbling yellow...

If he took the opposites of the potions that were mixed, then he'd be able to come up with a cure. If the potions had merely mixed together when coming in contact with Oisín, then perhaps if he ran the potions through a retort and distilled them, their affects would have to, eventually, restore what had been taken away. Such a thing could only work if he had the opposite of all the potions that had come into contact with Gemini, though.

He scanned his study desk once more, taking a vial with a bright orange, dark green, and light purple mixture. "Calendula, helleborus, lamium..." Gemini muttered, saying their names aloud so it'd be easier to remember what he'd done later, as he poured each mixture into the retort, watching it bubble and mix steadily. When it was done, he poured the mixture into a vial, realizing he couldn't just feed this strange concoction to Oisín...

He flung a hand out towards his door, and it opened on his command – his psychic abilities stronger ever since that ring had broken. Thankfully, as usual, a servant was strolling past his door, and Gemini glared at him, beckoning the servant over with naught but his eyes alone. The servant was an older woman, who didn't seem to have time for games.

Gemini poured a small bit of the mixture into a spoon, handing it to the servant. "Drink this."

She took the spoon, looking at the heir curiously. "Why should I?"

Gemini Stone was not a man who had time to play games either. "It won't make me fire you, is why."

It was a good enough answer for her. She downed the liquid, and after a moment, she still seemed to be alive. Granted, nothing else seemed to happen to her either, but it was a good sign. Gemini was ninety nine point nine percent positive that this mixture wouldn't hurt Oisín any further, but it was reassuring to just test it out. He waved her away, returning to Oisín's side, the full dosage of his medicine in his hand.

"Oisín, drink this," Gemini offered, bringing the elixir to his lips. "It should cure you, or at least take away the pain, if anything else." His calculations had been flawless – a cure should come to motion if the opposites of the potions spilled on Oisín were mixed and distilled to the proper temperature... The only flaw that should work its way in its plan would be if he hadn't known everything that had spilled on the knight. But what were the odds of that?

Anonymous

He watched as Gemini wandered off to the potions to attempt mixing a cure, but the movement only made him wince a little so he relaxed and closed his eyes. Letting himself drown off in the pain and drift into a light sleep. Being human was such a pain. It hurt, for one.. He was shivering and hot all at the same time. He knew he was sweating but it was all so cold! And though he tugged the blankets over him, he just felt as though he was burning.

He groaned and tried to roll over, but only gasped in pain and settled on his back again. He barely realized someone came into the room until Gemini came over to him and stirred him by telling him to drink something. He opened his eyes slowly and looked at the drink. The color was off.. But he still drank it. Swallowing and then he started coughing and holding his side. "Aa!" The coughing hurt like hell. But nothing happened.

He looked at Gemini with reddened eyes and panted. "Color... is off.."