Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Wishes

Started by Anonymous, July 20, 2011, 02:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Rei trudged down the dirt road dejectedly. "Uh. I simply hate the outside. Its so... dirty. And the only women you find are ugly or butch. And dirty. Ah, that's what I get for being a noble. Adventuring is for the common classes." He sighed and looked at the mountains, the closest one still a day away. "But we at Darken Vrei admire knowledge above all else, don't we, Doryx? Plus, I really want to find that jewel..." Rei, 18, ward of the Acualian House, pushed his reddish brown to red hair out of his face and reached into his silk bag and pulled out a scroll. "The Dry Z'att. The Jewel that grants wishes. And here I have the map. What a huge library we have..." he heard a noise. Damnit. Why did he not know any caution? That's how he ended up revealing scandals at home. He never could keep his mouth shut, and could never think of people possibly listening.

CastlesInTheSky

The lost have no place to go, so what do they do?
They wander.

As a soldier of a long forgotten time, she was indeed lost. Donned in armor, she continued along the road that she had never known in her previous life. It was new to her and old to everyone else. She felt out of place, yet in place at the same time. The armor still shined as if it was made just recently, and her sword sharp as ever. Those were her only comforts in the world that had continued without her.

Suddenly, she heard speaking. She quieted her steps, listening carefully. A jewel? Granting wishes? That sounded interesting. She stepped on something like a twig and made a noise. She had been lingering a bit off the path but walked onto it now, coming up alongside him, but about 5 feet away. "A jewel?"

Anonymous

"What? What? Nothing! Nothing at all!" This strange woman looked cute. And clean. And...butch. Of course. Rei walked on faster. She was probably into women. He could understand that. What he couldn't understand why such women weren't into him. He was a straight man, but he was sure that even he would turn for a man as handsome and charming as himself. Ugh. Was she still trying to walk nect to him?

CastlesInTheSky

She watched him go quickly forward, raising an eyebrow. Suddenly in a hurry, was he? She frowned a little. "Hey, you, come back. I just want to ask a question." She jogged up to his side, looking at him, no longer frowning nor smiling. "I know you were saying something about a jewel. Please tell me about it."

Anonymous

"I want saying anything that had to do with you, Alright?" This girl! "I happen to be very rich, and have many jewels. I am a nobleman of the Acualian House. Commoners should stay out of nobles' business!" This girl was really beginning to vex him!

CastlesInTheSky

She wanted to roll her eyes. This guy! She frowned a little, staring straight at him. "And a gentleman should be more reasonable to a lady. I suppose that's a cause long lost." She heard things about a jewel that grants wishes, and she was going to get this information out of him. "Or maybe you just don't prefer the company of women. I understand. Go off to your very close man friends and forget you ever saw me." She had started to walk slower.

Anonymous

"What!?!" How dare she? How. Dare. She. "You? You are not a lady. You are a butch, lady-loving commonwoman. I don't have to be nice to you. You should be licking my expensive, basilisk-skin boots. I happen to be searching for a jewel in the depths of that abandoned mountain fortress. One that grants wishes. Its no doubt too difficult an adventure for a girl like you, no matter how manly you are." He didn't seem to realize that this "girl" was about half a decade older than him. Not that big of a deal at their age, but that would make him a "boy".

"And, trust me, I very much like women. And women adore me. If you weren't such a man, your knees would be knocking. You'd swoon at my gorgeous demeanor."

CastlesInTheSky

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at his long outburst. It kind of made her want to just laugh, but she avoided showing her amusement on her face. She'd rather not do that. She waited for him to finish, listening carefully instead of tuning him out. Hm, so she'd been right. There was a wish-granting jewel. She said, giving him a critical look. "Hm, well at least I can take an insult. And for the record, I'm straight, which doesn't necessarily mean I like arrogant blowhards." She clocked her tongue. "If you'd stop being so full of hot air, maybe I will start being more reasonable as well."

Anonymous

"What is that supposed to mean?" He said, having calmed down he could take an insult as well, but there were some lines no one could cross.

CastlesInTheSky

"It's supposed to mean that you should tone down the high and mighty thing a little." She looked at him now, not looking as annoyed as before. "And thank you for not insulting me again. Maybe we should start this little conversation over in a more civilized way?" She said to him, "Well, what's your name...sir?" She was trying to take a respectful turn, in an attempt to at least help out the situation a little.

Anonymous

Rei eyed her. She was still some butch commoner, but he might be civil.

I am Lord Rei, Ward of High Lord Doryx, of the Acualian House, who owns the very ground you are standing on. Now..."lady"... what might your name be?"

CastlesInTheSky

She nodded to him. "I see. As for my own name, call me whatever you fancy. I've long forgotten it." She shrugged. "Well, anyway. Nice to meet you, sir." She offered a flicker of a smile as quickly over as a single beat of a hummingbird's wings. "Now out of curiosity, I'd like to ask you a question. Why do you seek the jewel of wishes? If you want, ask me a question as well so it is even." She was calm now, and caught up enough so she was beside him but a few feet away to give him distance. It was common thing from when she came from, exchanging questions so that neither person felt interrogated.

Anonymous

Didn't know her name his firm, white derrier.  This girl was very irritating.

"I can't tell you why I am looking for it. It is far to personal to admit to a stranger." And a commoner. How was he supposed to tell her that he was a bastard, looking for his father. Not likely.

"I didn't answer yours, so its not fair for me to ask you a question." Rei tool the map back out, and began to study it.

CastlesInTheSky

"Understood." She glanced at the map, but found herself not caring enough to study it further. "How about this then...what's your age?"

Anonymous

"I'm 18," Rei mumbled, immersed in his map. "How old are you?"

CastlesInTheSky

She glanced at the map again, but wasn't very focused on it. "Really? Hm. I'm 24." Technically, she was over a thousand, but she didn't think it really counted as age, considering she was asleep.

Anonymous

"What?!" That not only brought him out of his map, but also brought him to a standstill. "You're 24?" He looked her up and down. "Nice. Older woman." He shrugged and went back to his map, using his strong periferal vision to avoid falling flat on his face. "So, why are you following me, Butch? Can't stay away from my alluring looks? Or are you just traveling? Got family nearby?

CastlesInTheSky

She stopped as well when he did, looking at him questioningly. After he made his comment, she looked off to the side so she was turned away rolled her eyes, then looked back at him with a short sigh, neither annoyed or unhappy, simply tired. "I'm just traveling. And I'll come up with a name for myself, then...call me....Christine. Anyway, I don't really...have any family. Anywhere." She shrugged. "War. They're gone."

Anonymous

"You said to call you whatever I fancy..." he frowned at the map, looked up and squinted at the area around them, then looked back at the map. "Oh, that's sad that your family is gone." It was apperant from his tone that he really didn't care. "Well, have fun with your travels." He quickly turned onto an almost hidden path going away from the mountains. "This is my stop." He was glad to finally get rid of her. Women immune to his charms were just uncanny.