Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

:>:Whispers and White Gloves:<:

Started by Anonymous, June 05, 2005, 05:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

She sat with her feet propped up on a conveniently placed tree stump, her back against a patched and crumbling wagon of the sort you would expect to find one dreary night as you walked down a little known road with your mind engrossed in thought. This was her home, at least, one of them.

People passed by, their feet hurrying along as their eyes slanted in her direction. Sedah laughed, swatting a mosquito away with one hand, clad in a fingerless white glove. She lifted her glass to her lips with the other one.

She was an unusual sight, with her shoulder length pink hair and hard, violet eyes. Her clothes were stylishly ragged, their fabrics dyed bright pink and violet and white, like her eyes, hair and fingerless gloves. She wore an anklet of small bells and pink flip-flops.

Indeed, at first glance, her attire suggested a friendly, almost childish persona. However, for those who looked closer, Sedah displayed a much darker, more dangerous psyche.

Her eyes scanned the crowd, and then stopped. She smiled broadly, and waved at the stranger who had caught her eye. He was tall and walked in a stiff, upright fashion. His body was clad in white robes, and around his neck was a medallion which obviously corresponded to some cult or religion.

"Hey hot stuff, want a drink?" She inquired, her pink eyebrows raised in query.

The stranger coughed and hurried past. Sedah grinned evilly and crept after him. When she was directly behind the man, she dumped the remainder of her drink down his back and disappeared into a nearby shop before he had time to react.

She shook her head as the shop door closed behind her, it had worked. The impulsive act had banished the whispers in her mind, but she knew that the silence was only temporary.

Anonymous

Bob did not normally venture into human places, let alone their little shopy buildings. But there were just so many shiny things in here...
The one called Bob (he named himself, it was the easiest one to remember) was utterly impossible to miss. He had to be over six feet tall, close to seven, and did not resemble any known race or species known to man or beast.
His tall body was horribly emaciated, with a stomach so sunken in that you could almost see his spine. His ribs pressed against pale, ash toned skin, and it was hard to believe he was even alive. His arms were abnormally long, with huge hands to top them off, which were wrapped in tattered rags that did not show any blood stains, so their specific purpose was unknown. He did not really have fingers, because instead there were claws that bent and moved like fingers and felt like flesh. Two enormous, tattered wings sat awkwardly on his back, constantly flipping and twisting in a never ending endevor to become comfortable on his bony back.
A belt was loosely looped around his neck, and two others crisscrossed that impossibly starved chest. The only other clothing he wore was a mass of similar belts of varying thicknesses and lengths, all black, that sat looped and looped endlessly about his hips. They reached to the floor, and clattered with his movements. The stump of a horn sat on his forhead, messy black hair short enough to stay out of his face. Innocent eyes, two toned, one blue and the other green looked at the shiny trinkets that had attracted his attention.
And to top off how strange this pathetic creature looked, 'bad' was carved over and over again into his flesh, the scars black against the white of his skin.

Bob reached out with one dangerously pointed claw-finger and poked a glass necklace, which twirled around on it's display. "Pretty..." The odd beast whispered, hunching over to stare at the shiny thing with awe.

Anonymous

The store was small and dark, like nearly all the stores that Sedah had visited in Adela. It's shelves were crammed with merchandise, and it had a peppery smell to it. Sedah glanced over and saw the cashier signaling to her, his face pale.

She went over to him, smiling amiably. "Hey!"

He bit his lip and said, "SHHHH!" glancing around, he continued, "Look lady, wanna make a quick buck? Just get that out of my shop and I swear, I give you however much you want."

Sedah glanced over at where the store owner was pointing and shrugged. "That's not a very nice way for you to treat your customers, you know? I'll go talk to him, but I'll be back to complain. Us freaks gotta stick together." She said, glaring at the man.

Sedah walked over to Bob, smiling. "You think that one's pretty? It's not half as nice as this one." Sedah said, holding up a gaudy necklace made of glass beads and cut amethyst. It didn't bother her at all that the person she was engaging in conversation wasn't exactly a person, per say.

"I haven't seen anyone like you around here before, where'd you come from?" She looked pointedly at the creature's starved frame, "You, erm, you hungry? No, you know what? Don't you say anything, we'll talk about it over dinner. How in the world are you supposed to know whether or not you are hungry, on an empty stomach?"

Sedah tossed a few coins at the cashier and waved the necklace before the creature like bait. "Whaddya say? I'll bet that there is somewhere around here that serves decent food."

The cashier nodded emphatically.

ooc: blahhhrg, bad post XP *hits self* bad cassi

Anonymous

Bob hadn't really noticed the shop owner's adversion to his appearance. Then again, poor Bob tended to be oblivious to alot of things around him. Especially when something else held his interest.
But when somebody speaks directly to him...

Bob's head whipped around, large eyes blinking blankly at the female, his body still hunched over the necklace display. But that two toned gaze quickly locked onto the necklace she held up to rival the one he had been looking at. An abnormally large grin quickly spread over his face, showing off his large, triangularly pointed teeth in what was meant to be friendly but came across more as chilling. "Oh, yes, Bob likes that one better!" He agreed enthusiastically, too polite to reach out for it since the pretty lady was holding it first, and wasn't exactly offering it to him.

The question returned Bob's attention to the lady, and he stood, grinning again, his starved frame easily towering over her. "Bob came from master's lab." He answered simply, tilting his head as he took in the lady's pretty colors. Bob had a thing with colors and textures...
Bob's innocent gaze took a moment and then followed hers to his horribly skinny body. However, he could not understand why he was staring at him like that, because the concept of starvation wasn't a possibility to him. He just...couldn't die that way.
"Hungry?" He seemed to ponder that, placing one claw-finger on his chin comically and staring at the ceiling as if in deep thought. "Yes! Bob is hungry." He grinned back down at her, placing those large hands behind his back in an almost self-concious way.

Those eyes were again on the necklace as she waved it, taking the bait like a puppy with a five second attention span. His shoulders hunched again so he was more on her level, a vague nod given at her offer to go eat. He hadn't quite thought ahead that far. "Can...can Bob touch the colors, pretty lady? Please? Bob will not break it, I promise!" The itch to touch and hold the necklace had finally gotten to him. When he thought things were pretty or might feel nice, he had the instinctive urge to touch them. Unless it was a person. Then that was...
..b...bad
That was bad...bad Bob...

Anonymous

Sedah frowned, what was this creature? Where did it say it had come from? Master's lab? So it too had been created by some, she assumed malevolent, master. Interesting.
Interesting that she should share so much in common with a...well, who was she to criticize another's appearance?

Let me see what you are thinking of Sedah.

No!

Let me see, for just a second.

Sedah broke out in a sweat and shoved the necklace at Bob. She turned, and called, "C'mon then, we can get something to eat at my place."

She was out of the door and onto the street in an instant, where she promptly tripped a young couple foolish enough to come close to her. The whispers in her mind died down again, and she slowed her breathing. Sedah's left hand opened and closed convulsively until she managed to shove it into a pocket.

The young couple were staggering to their feet now, the woman badly cut. The man was yelling at her, and leading his partner away. Sedah thought of how Bob's skin had been covered by a single word, repeated over and over.

That was bad...bad Sedah...

Turning back to the shop entrance she called out, "Hurry up, I have some more necklaces you can see."

Anonymous

Bob nearly dropped the precious colorful thing, so quickly had Sedah shoved it at him and turned away. But he was able to keep it confined in his large hands, and dangled it off of one claw-finger to stare at, as if mesmerized.
But Sedah's demand broke through the haze of wonder and Bob quickly hurried after her, necklace clutched to his skin-and-bones chest, all those belts clattering together as strange, dragon-shaped feet (minus any scales, and with claws fleshy like those of his hands) carried him out of the shop.

Bob's large, innocent two-toned gaze blinked down at the tripped couple as they stumbled away. He hadn't actually seen Sedah commit the act, so it did not really register what had happened. All he could do was tilt his head in a confused manner, his huge tattered wings shifting and twisting ever and always on his back.

His attention was immediately back on Sedah. "More pretty glass-and-strings?? Yes, Bob will hurry then!" He quickly stepped down beside her, still holding the necklace she had bought.
"Oh, Bob did not introduce myself. I am Bob. Who are you? It's very nice to meet you!"