Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Master for sale? [Rina!]

Started by Rhindeer, October 17, 2011, 06:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Delith had spent the last couple days worried out of her mind. At first, she just figured Sariel had gone to a party, perhaps gotten drunk and stayed over with some floozy, as he was prone to do. So when he didn't return home that first day, she wasn't worried. Annoyed, but not worried. Not that she cared what he did with some tramp.

When he didn't come home the next day, however, that's when the sinking, sick feeling began. It was like Sariel to come home reeking of wine and hungover. It was not like him to go several days without sending notice--or having someone notify her, and she had heard nothing. Maybe something had happened. Maybe he'd gotten injured, or drank himself to death, or any number of stupid, awful things that could happen when fuddled.

And when she got the letter...

Sariel's parents had given her an education, and it was only because of that that she could read the letter--and it gripped her with worry. He wasn't just off partying; he'd been kidnapped and if the fee wasn't paid...

It felt unreal and Delith felt sick, but she did the only thing she could think to do in the heat of panic:

She filled a purse with Sariel's money and set off to the location described in the letter.

Maybe she should have told someone, like the city watch or a soldier or something, but the thought didn't occur to her until she was nearly to the slummy, decrepit place. She was too panicked, like if she didn't hurry, like if she wasted any time, then something horrible would happen to him. What if it already had? What if she was too late?

Besides, the letter had been very, very clear: bring no one else but herself and tell no one of this or Sariel would die.

So be it. She hurried her way there at the appointed hour, while the sky was darkening and the streets were deserted, and pulled her shawl tighter around her shoulders. She couldn't help but be afraid, because this wasn't a good part of town nor a good time to be here, especially not alone as a woman and with a whole lot of money tucked away in her skirts. She'd slipped a kitchen knife beneath her dress, though, just in case. Tied it to her thigh like she heard some whores did to protect themselves. Maybe they had better knives, but a kitchen knife was as best as she could gather on short notice.

Reaching the place, an old, run-down building, Delith took a shaky breath and approached the door. She was afraid, but also angry, and she tried to hold onto that anger so she wouldn't be afraid as she lifted a fist and pounded on the door.

"I brought what ya asked for! Now gimme back my master!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The door slid open just a crack and a rough voice called out, "Ya got the money then bitch?"

Sariel twitched when he heard Delith's voice and he screamed against his gag, but the sound was muffled against the filthy rag. He had been tied and gagged for what felt like weeks, no food or water and his head still pounded from whatever drug they had given him.

It had been an utter, terrifying nightmare and Delith's voice sounded like an angel's too him.

Rhindeer

Glaring through the crack in the door, bristling at the name, Delith yanked the coin purse out and held it up, though out of reach. "Where's Sariel?" she demanded. "Ya ain't gettin' this until I get him! Now bring 'em out!"

Dangerous words, she knew. Those men could take the money from her and she wouldn't be able to stop it. She felt shaky, muscles tight and twitchy, and if was an effort to keep her voice from trembling, but she did her best to keep it at bay. The last thing she could afford to do was look weak.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Anonymous

The door opened a bit wider, letting her see the prone form of Sariel. He was rather dirty and it looked like he had been roughed over a bit, with a bleeding lip and a black eye. He struggled at the sight of her, expression hopeful and scared, screaming against the gag.

"There's yer fuckin' pretty boy. Now hand over the coins."

Rhindeer

"Untie him! I wanna know ya ain't goin' back on the deal. I don't want him hurt none." It was painful to look at him, the hopeful, scared expression, the fact that he'd already been hurt. She cracked a wry smile. "Ain't like I can get far if I go back on the deal. I'm just a woman. Now cut 'im loose and ya get your coin."

Anonymous

"Not a chance bitch. Ya can untie him after a give me the coin." The man moved closer, expression hard. He would take the coin if Delith didn't hand it over.

Rhindeer

Alright, so much for that! The man moved closer, and a jolt of fear went through her. Impulsively, she tossed the purse at him, trying to keep him at bay. "Fine! There! There's your damned money! Ya happy now? We done now?"

Anonymous

The man snatched up the purse and grinned, "Sure lady." Then he and the two other men with him left, taking a back exit and vanishing into the night.

Sariel thrashed against his ropes, struggling to get free.

Rhindeer

As soon as the men were out of sight, Delith rushed to Sariel's side. She reached down, lifting her skirt so she could pull the knife free. Well, at least that had come in handy for something.

"Shh, shh, I'm here," she said as she dropped to her knees beside him and pulled the gag out of his mouth and tossed it aside, then started to saw at the ropes. She worked at the ones binding his arms first. The knife wasn't really good for that, wasn't really made to cut through those kinds of fibers, but she made it work. "Gods, Sariel, are ya alright? What happened?"

Anonymous

"What took you so long?!" Sariel's voice cracked with hysteria, his eyes wide. As soon as his hands were free, he swung them forward. They had gone numb a while ago and he hissed in pain as the blood started to move back into them, "Oh gods Delith! It was awful! I want to go home!"

Rhindeer

"I'm sorry! I only got the letter today!" Delith said as she worked, cutting through the ropes binding his legs. "Woulda come sooner if I knew. Oh, ya dumb brat!" she said when she was done, helping pull him upright and giving him a tight hug, relief pouring over her. "Ya gotta be more careful!"

Anonymous

That was all it took. All the anger he had been trying to hold on too, to keep the fear away vanished as soon as she hugged him. Tears started flowing and Sariel leaned into the hug, bawling loudly.

Rhindeer

"Oh, Sariel," Delith sighed, hugging him tighter and pressing her face against the space between his neck and shoulder. "Shh, shh, it's okay. You're safe now." Spirits, but him crying made her want to cry, eyes burning, but she held it together for his sake and blinked the tears back stubbornly. No way was she going to let him see her like that, ever, and besides, he was the one who'd just gotten raked through the mud.

Dammit, for all that she griped at him, for all that he hurt her, she really had been terrified for him.

She pet his back, stroked his dirty, messy hair. "Shh, c'mon now. We're gonna go home now, okay?"

Anonymous

"Oh god please. I want a bath and food and they hit me!" Sariel awkwardly wiped the tears from is face, arms still tingling. For all he fought with Delith and mocked her, she was his rock, the one constant in his life and with her here, everything already felt better.

Rhindeer

"I had half a mind to whack them one good myself, for hurtin' ya. Unfortunately they ran away before I could," Delith said, cracking a small grin and reaching for his face so she could help smooth away the tears. That only smeared the dirt around more but the gesture was there. Of course she had been too scared at the time to start wailing on any of them, but if push came to shove, you bet she would have!

"Now, can ya stand?" she asked, rising to her feet and holding her hand out to him. "We'll getcha a nice, long, hot bath, first thing, and some stew to warm ya up. How's that sound?"

Anonymous

"I think so?" Sariel stood, his legs in better shape then his arms. His butt was numb though, and he leaned on Delith, "That sounds amazing. I just, I can't believe what happened. It was awful! Who does that to people!"

Rhindeer

"Disgusting pigs," Delith answered, wrapping her arm around his waist to support him. Thank goodness he was so willowy which she was more stout; it made that possible. "How did that happen? Did ya know any of 'em? Just...gods."

She squeezed him to her side again. "That's why I tell ya, ya gotta be more careful. There's a lotta horrible people out there."

Anonymous

"Of course I don't know them! They were hideous!" Sariel limped along, wishing Delith was a little taller, but glad to have her there, her confidence and warmth, "I was at a tavern with Willken and we were drinking and then I started to feel sick so I went outside for air and BAM! Captured!"

Rhindeer

"Bastards," Delith said, shaking her head. She felt a little nervous still being there in the bad part of town, half expecting those men to come back as she hurried them along, but she held onto anger to keep the fear from showing. "Good for nothin' shitsacks. Well, you're safe now, alright? Gods, that coulda gone so badly. You're real lucky all they wanted was some money."

Anonymous

Sariel nodded, "I've heard of this happening, I mean, some of my friends have been grabbed, I just never...it normally happens to noblemen, you know?" He shuddered, nose wrinkling in distaste, "Let's just hurry home. I could soak forever."