Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

History sticks to your feet

Started by Anonymous, October 23, 2011, 04:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Ash couldn't help but laugh a little, shaking her head. "I could've just followed you, you know!" she huffed, but had grown complacent with being thrown over Rit's shoulder. It was just another day with her Bond, for Ash.

"I mean, I know I'm not as fast as you — being a squishy human and all — but I could've walked by myself, thank you very much~" She couldn't help but notice that nearly all eyes were on them as Rit moved quickly out of the town, and could only wonder what they were thinking. "Everyone's going to think you're kidnapping me, or something..." she said with a laugh.

Still, Ash was surprised to find that Rit seemed to be looking for a forest. Her cheeks grew red at the thought of her first time being out here — just like she had always girlishly imagined. She grew silent, not sure if she wanted to mar Rit's search for a forest with words.

Anonymous

"What do I care what they think?" Rit shrugged her shoulder slightly, "And I like holding you." She gave a hiss of annoyance, "Why must humans live in such annoying places?"

There was a forest, but it was farther away than she would have liked. Her long legs ate up the ground, not even breathing heavy.

Anonymous

Ash grinned, leaning her head against her Bond, closing her eyes. "And I like being held by you," was her soft response, humming under her breath. It was probably better that Rit had picked her up anyway — they could travel a lot faster if she took the lead.

"Towns are fascinating, I think! But they're so confusing to navigate." Ash noted, missing Baile a little.  "It's much easier when everything's joined together by a tree."

Anonymous

"They are dirty and too full." Rit shook her head, wrinkling her nose in disgust. She made an annoyed sound, heading towards the forest. It took her far less long than if she had been human. It wasn't the great woods they were used too, the trees sparser and the animals less wild.

But it was a forest. Rit glanced around, "Will this do?"

Anonymous

Before Ash knew it, a forest had slowly enveloped them. It wasn't the Draconi Forest, of course — it was not dense with trees, thick with foliage and green, but there was a calming aura to it, something that all forests possessed that made Ash feel right at home.

She grinned at Rit's question, deciding to tease her 'til the end. "Hmm," she murmured, feigning deep thought. "We seem to be very far away from others... and we are surrounded by a lot of trees..." She wiggled a little in Rit's grasp, and finally, gave a final, approving nod. "Yep! This will definitely do."

Ash paused, laughing. "You can put me down now, you know."

Anonymous

"Finally! Humans are so picky." What did it matter what the surroundings were? Rit liked the forest better, felt more at home there, but she didn't see why it mattered so much who was or wasn't around.

She set Ash down, then tugged her close, kissing her roughly.