Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Hideaway

Started by Anonymous, June 08, 2005, 06:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

A sudden burst of power surged through her body, and she dodged annoying bushes and a few very loose twigs. She saw Kieli fall back and almost stopped to go back for him but she knew that she was hungry and she wasn't about to loose this. He was capable of- ah so he had already gone for a catch again. Blinking her multi colored eyes, Freya dipped her head and skidded to a halt when Kieli caused the deer to falter.

Standing there, muscles tense, she watched him hold onto the deer's muzzle and realized he couldn't take the jugular. Carefully she picked her way forward and gave a low growl before she clamped down onto the buck's throat. At first all she got was hair. Then as she bit down harder, blood began to slip into her mouth. Hunger ravaged her more and she yanked down. The prey had no where to go, but he wasn't going to go down without one last fight apparently.

Freya had left her old injured limb in a dangerous spot. Contorting its body in an odd fashion, the deer stomped its heavy hoof onto her left 'ankle'. The wolfdog's eyes widened in pain as she yanked down, pulling out the jugular with her. Yelps racked her vocal chords, limping off towards a tree. She heard the deer fall behind her, but the pain had dulled all her senses. The yelps became meeker as she propped her body up against a tree and began to lick her fractured [again] limb.

Anonymous

The he-wolf waited until the deer fell to the ground - without a jugular it was definitly not going anywhere. But the piercing yelps of the wolfdog made his head ring as he trotted to Freya who was licking at her injured ankle. He whined his worry, tail wagging slowly behind him, unsure as it drooped. He whined again, turning around and backing away, his body morphing and melting into his hybrid form.

In his form he glanced at her ankle and, instead attempting the weak speech he could manage in this form, he telepathically inserted the words into Freya's head. He stood there, calmly waiting her response.

"I can carry you back to the village.. Do you want to eat now? Or I can also take that back to the village.." He had spoken.

It was her choice if she even wanted to be carried. But in this form was the quickest, modest form in this circumstance. He crouched, bright blue eyes still glancing at her ankle. Maybe his sister could do something? He wasn't sure if she knew anything about healing someone's wounds or bandaging them up. But it was a village after all. It had docters.

Anonymous

Body shaking as he approached she pressed against the tree more, not seeing Kieli but the one who had caused the three slashes, and who had also been the one to break her ankle in the first place. Eyes dodging away from him to the meat she ambled around him, limb off the ground. Ranks didn't matter to her right now. Yanking off a piece of meat painfully Freya limped off and rested under a bush, tearing off large chunks of deer and swallowing them whole. She couldn't waste any more of his time. It had been nice enough of him to hunt with her anyway.

Once she was done eating she emmerged from the bush and flicked her ears, giving him a sheepish look. She hadn't answered him only because she was scared. Changing back into her human form she winced, now standing on two legs instead of 4. "Thanks Kieli :)" She gave a half-hearted smile and then waved, beginning to walk back to the village.

Anonymous

Kieli sighed and watched her, and his human brain - sadly enough - at the moment was dominating. So he stayed where he was, just watching her until she started walking away. He winced and watched his with his wolfish face, whining again softly.

"Are you sure you're okay, Freya?" He asked her while he moved towards the deer, beginning to eat his own half hungrily.

Shifting on his seat, his tail limp behind him, sniffing the air again. He was worried about her and that ankle. Okay, he had just met her but just because he wasn't ordinarily nice didn't mean he didn't have his moments. Yes, he was definitly his sister's brother. But anyway.. What else could he do? Without her he couldn't have brought down the deer, right? And while hunting with her she had hurt her ankle. He felt partially responsible for it.

Anonymous

She paused mid-limp and turned back around to look at him. She blinked and then smiled kindly, shrugging barely. "Yeah, I just have to wrap this up.." Freya's eyes drifted down to her pained ankle. It struck her, then, that if she were to run into trouble this deep in the woods she wouldn't be able to defend herself. Watching Kieli eat from the corner of her eye she frowned somewhat. I can't use him like that.. Then again she valued her life.

"Kieli.. When you're done.. I mean.." She turned all the way around, voice soft. "Would you mind bringing me back to the village? I.. don't feel safe."

Anonymous

Kieli nodded his agreement - he didn't mind playing guard. He did it as a daily duty to his sister and whatever hapless creature made it's way into Amaie's sights. He always wound up doing extra work - ah, why was he complaining? Nothing ever made a threat to them. So he was rather content to play along like he was actually doing something. So he continued his little feast until his stomach felt full. He had definitly reached satisfaction point. He groaned softly and stood up, licking his muzzle and claws. He stretched and yawned and glanced at Freya, his face displaying his sense of guiltiness.

"You sure you don't need any help?" He asked as he stood his full height in his hybrid form which elavated him to about 6 foot, perhaps an inch taller.

He watched her with his bright blue eyes than glancing into the forest. He glanced between the two a few more times but then let his gaze hold fast to Freya. He didn't mind protecting her - it would be a good way to make up. I mean, it was HIS stupidity that got her hurt, wasn't it?

Anonymous

While he had been eating, she had sat down and waited patiently. The sun would be rising soon, maybe in an hour or two she figured. When Kieli finished the blinked and stood back up. So, he was going to help her? She smiled somewhat, "Thanks.. And no, I think I'll be ok." Freya turned around, waiting for him to catch up. She then began a slow limp back to the village. Gah, why did she have to be such a clutz? She didn't know how Ziar could have stood by her side and not be embarrassed.

Memories of their times together flooded her mind. The worst one of all, when he was seriously injured protecting her, caused tears to rim her eyes. Her last memory, even though it was painful, was also a good one. Freya and Ziar had spent a day away from the pack, and had done wonderful things that day. Then - she had fled with Ziar's help. Milk-chocolate bangs fell in her eyes and she sighed, keeping the tears locked away and allowing her face to be shadowed. If Kieli saw tears or any sign of weakness he would probably find her pitiful and put her "out of her misery" as Aldey had stated many times before.

Anonymous

Kieli had never had a chance to have a mate - then again, since his life would be considerably longer than a regular wolf's he had that time to fool around, didn't he? But then again, he never even thought of mates or mushy stuff along those lines. He had been caught up in the whirlwind of his sister's mind. Which, could be extremely exhausting to a relaxed one who could care less about half the things she thought of but FORCED to listen to it ramble on and on. It was a relief that he distanced himself - because the farther they got the fuzzier the link. And when he had someone else to pay attention too he didn't need to even glimpse at her thoughts. But she was rather distant anyway.. It was just odd. Even when she was younger she had always thought different. Then again, to him, her thoughts were simple stories to giggle and fool with. Now, he was finding, alot of them were truths.

He only nodded when she spoke and moved beside her, slightly ahead. He couldn't help it - even now his tail was firmly curled as he moved, glossy black pelt rippling over his toned muscles. But he was sniffing and glancing around, listening to the sweet, innocent melodies of the birds. He watched the things around him, took note to the fine trails that cut into the land. But as the forest diminished and they came closer to the village. He glanced to Freya, then to the outskirts of the village. Ah, just as he expected. His sister was there, a soft, simple white dress and a hat to block out the sun. Their sack at her sandalled feet and his clothes in her arms.

Amaie had been watching for her brother and the mysterious female. Of course she had detected that she was a wolfdog, young, around their age actually, and she had seemed quite nervous around her brother. But of course it seemed to grow more relaxed but that was really as much as she kept track. As she saw them come she bent down, grabbed the sack and walked towards them, smiling. She offered the clothes to her brother who took them and looked to Freya.

"Hello.. I'm------ Oh my! You're ankle! Are you okay?!" Although her voice was soft it wasn't easy to lose as she glanced at the ankle.

"The docter here... Do you need any help? Or money? Or are you going to wrap it by yourself?" Amaie was quite, honestly worried.

Kieli shook his head and took his clothes, went to change and came back, hands on his hips as he took the sack from his sister. Great, the she-wolf was going to stress herself over someone they didn't know.

Anonymous

Taking in a silent deep breath she watched Kieli, pain still surging through her ankle. As they walked on she could feel the air becoming moist. Dawn.. As she took the scent of the sweet dew that was forming on organisms around them she caught the scent of his sister - and she froze. Eyes shooting up she looked around and then spotted the girl. If she was related to Kieli then why was Freya still scared of her?

Stepping back as the she-wolf approached, Freya accidently stepped on her foot the wrong way and cringed, crying out in pain wordlessly. Her eyes once again froze onto the form of the girl who was now in front of her, handing Kieli clothing and asking her questions. Again she stepped back, finding a tree and leaning up against the side of it - fear written all over her delicate face.

Anonymous

And as quickly as Amaie had approached, she mentally scolded herself. It was just she had gotten worried quite quickly. And she had taken the time she knew she should have. Amaie quickly retracted her fair-skinned self, setting a good, near 20 feet between them and looking to the ground silently. What could she do? She quickly became quiet.

Kieli sighed and rubbed his face and then shook his head. What was he going to do with them? Seriously! He sighed and tilted his head, black locks partially disrupting his vision as he glanced lazily at Freya. Scared of his sister? Reminded him of being frightened of a rabbit. He sighed heavily and lazily waved his hand at his twin.

"She's as nice as a rabbit. Nothing to be afraid of," He said and stretched, not too happy to be back in his clothes.

Amaie remained at her distanced place, hands clapsed before her as she glanced at the village, almost longingly as she turned towards her, sighing and let her shoulders slump. She glanced back at them - were they coming? She didn't know.. Not anymore, heh.

Anonymous

She frowned at Kieli, but moved away from the tree and limped forward a few feet. "I'll.. wrap it myself." She said meekly. Once again at Kieli's side she sighed and then looked down at her ankle. It felt like fire was lapping at her marrow @_@ She carefully moved around Amaie and once again stepped down the wrong way. This time she collapsed on the ground, hand gripping her ankle. reaching into her ragged pant's pocket she pulled out a bandanna and began to wrap her ankle. Tieing it off she sighed and began to rub her scarred wrist. She hated being weak in front of others.

Anonymous

"I hope you're okay," Amaie whispered and took two long steps back.

Kieli sighed - such dramatics. He stretched leisurely, yawning loudly. He scratched his head, running his fingers roughly through his black locks. He watched them and lifted his eyebrows at them. Yeah, he was worried, but if she didn't ask for, or it wasn't serious, he wasn't going to bend over backwards. He just wasn't in the mood to do so.

"Yes," he said, lazily referring to what Amaie had said.

Of course he hoped she was okay, but wasn't too sure if he should worry. Sighing he rubbed the back of his neck, fidgetty in these bedamned clothes. Tilting his head at them lifting the corner of his mouth.

[blah. the suckiest post in a long time. sorry, tired x.x]

Anonymous

Standing once more she gave a sheepish smile to them both and then looked around. Right as she took in a deep breath a musty wind washed past her. Blinking the wolfdog changeling turned her head to the right and her eyes widened a bit. For a moment Freya thought she had seen a pair of golden eyes watching them all from the underbrush. Blinking again the girl then saw that it was all in her imagination. Or, it was supposedly. These days she didn't know anymore.

Tired she yawned and looked to Kieli and his sister. "So.. where are you guys staying?" She asked curiously. She did not want to stay with them, Freya just wanted to see if they were staying in the forest or at the Inn.

Anonymous

As soon as she asked the question the tension between the duo crackled and fizzed in the air as they locked their similar colored eyes. Kieli flashed his human teeth - Amaie didn't move but didn't acknowledge the display of dominance, her eyes still locked with his. They air pulsed, for a moment, and it dissipated, Kieli looking away. Amaie won, as she often did with her brother. Even if the 'battle' was long and exhausting, the fair-lady always won.

"The inn," she said with a smile, causing Kieli to bristle.

Kieli stiffened, the curve to her lips causing the fine human hair on his arms and neck to stand upwards as he shook himself. He couldn't help but to roll his eyes, rubbing his arms as they took thier previous position, crossed firmly over his chest.

Anonymous

Feeling the tension she backed off a bit and watched them. This is the reason she liked being alone sometimes. Conflict ^^; Scratching the back of her head innocently as Amaie stated their resting place, the wolfdog smiled. "Oh alright." Waving simply Freya bowed and turned away from them. "Well I guess I should leave you two be then :) Goodbye."

[*gag*]

Anonymous

Kieli could only pause as his mind wandered to the nearing future. And like a big rig accident it was very clear that him and his sister would not stay docile and calm 'enemies' but, instead, come with weapons blazing. And the sorriest part of getting even a glimpse of the future was that he knew that he wouldn't, nay, couldn't, win. His sister dominanted him - and he wished it wasn't so. But as much as he ignored it, it was mutual. They were at the same rank - neither more dominant than the other.

"Please... err.. I mean, you don't have too... It's really bland to hang around one person for months. Especially when they're related v.v," he said, with a helpless look etched along his chiseled features.

Of course he wouldn't mention that he'd like to get to know her more. She was intriguing, this rather timid wolf slash dog creature. He'd never met someone like her, and like his sister said, he should be more open and sociable. Why not try it? There has to be some bonus at the end... Friendship was a start. Or so he thought.

Amaie's attention had already drifted. She had walked away, her attention drawn to the hidden flower. It wasn't all that beautiful - nothing to really attract any attention. But nonetheless she kneeled before it, resting her chin on her tees with an absent smile on her face. She studied the graygreen petals and dark stem, noticing it's slight thorns. She had never seen such a plant.

Anonymous

Pausing mid-stride she turned her head and looked over her shoulder. What was he getting at? "I'd get in the way. Besides.." Her eyes drifted up to the sky which was slowly becoming a lighter shade of dark blue. Freya smiled, face fragile and innocent. "I don't stay in one play anyway. I can't." Bangs fell over her eyes as she looked down at her feet, ankle still hurting but not half as bad as before.

Anonymous

"If I can make excuses for Amaie here, I can make them for ya too," he said, yawning and stretching leisurely.

She didn't stay in one place? She couldn't? He raised a disbelieving eyebrow at her, tilting his head slightly. He gave a small, steady frown on his lips while he watched her steadily. He sighed heavily and pulling his arms over his head and back he recrossed his arms, tucking them loosely to his lithe body.

"Well, we don't have to stay here," he said, glancing at Amaie.

Maybe he could win - but it'd only be half a win. She liked being sociable, so it wasn't a total loss on her part. She just got to miss staying in this bedamned town a second night. He smiled at the thought - he hadn't it. He really, just simply couldn't stand villages. He let his eyes flicker back to Freya.

Anonymous

Did they...or rather Kieli, really want her to stay? Turning to face the wolf she ran her slender fingers through her hair and then sighed. "It's up to you." Freya shrugged, her muilti colored eyes shifting to look at his sister. She seemed to be off in her own world. Freya was always atuned to this one - the one that could cause her harm.

[sorry for another sucky post x_X]

Anonymous

Reaching out she stroked the petals of the flower, her eyes tamed on it, although her ears were attentive to them. She was hesitant, and her brother seemed to want her to stay but didn't want to actually say it. Of course she was growing bored with this slow and gradual silence, and she forced herself to carefully sync in with Kieli's mind, listening to it calmly, hiding the smile lifting her lips into a sweet smile.

Kieli could feel the radiating giddiness becoming near overwhelming and he felt her prescence lingering over his thoughts. He abruptly whirled towards Amaie, glowering at her back as she gave an innocent glance his way, hiding the smile desperate to take control.

"Amaie, get out of my head," he said, emphasizing 'head' with a rumbling growl.

She giggled and went back to attending the flower, sweeping her fingers tips over it's petals. She slowly stood, turning slightly, but her eyes were still captured by the flower.

Kieli rolled his eyes at his sister's innocent and almost childishness. He turned himself around again, so as to look at Freya. He gave a lopsided smile, accentuated with a raise of his brow. He rested his hands on his hips, tilting his head rather thoughtfully, the smile slowly fading.

"Yeah, I guess I do really want ya to come with," he admited in a murmur that provoked a blush to run along his tanned, high cheekbones. He knew she'd hear him.