Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

The wandering road

Started by Anonymous, June 09, 2005, 12:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

An old merchant wagon pulled by two horses creaked and groaned its way into Adela.  As it finally made it into the village a small boy jumped from the wagon yelling 'thanks for the ride mister!'  The driver waved to the boy and continued into the village.

The boy looked around and smiled to himself; so this was Adela, the forest covered sibling of Serendipity.  With wide eyes, he looked at the beautiful village.  Slowly his awestruck expression faded.  He glanced around and said the two most fearsome and terrible words in his vocabulary; 'I'm bored.'

He glanced around again, this time his eyes landed on a street vender.  A street vender with shiny things.  He bee-lined towards it and ran smack into someone.  
He looked up.  A guard, oops.

'eh, who're you?' asked the guard.
the boy swept off his hat and bowed revealing silver hair and pointed ears 'Cesil sir' he replied 'I'm hear with my father I just lost track of him' he grinned sheepishly 'sorry I ran into you like that'
'No problem' grunted the guard 'just watch yourself next time'
'yes sir'
'there's a dangerous criminal around here, you should be more careful.'  he showed a picture to the boy, 'if you see this man let me know ok?'
'I will sir' and with that he ran off.

Cesil wandered the village and finally found a nice spot to earn some money.  He pulled off his grey cap and set in front of him.  Then he pulled out his small flute and began playing some easy tunes.  Almost immeadiately people started dropping coins in his hat.
As the eighth person dropped a coin he looked up...    gulp.
It was the criminal the guard was after, he was sure of it.  Now what should he do?  He glanced around hoping someone else would recognise the man, no one did.
He watched the man walk off, and then jumped up.  He poured the coins into his sack, replaced his cap and ran after the man.  This could get interesting.

He followed him for a couple of blocks and watched the criminal walk into an ally.  He ran towards the ally, turned the corner, and the man was nowhere in sight.  He looked around quite puzzeled and finally walked further in.

'Looking for someone?'  Cesil spun around and looked directly into the face of the man he'd been following. 'Yipes!' he squeeked.
The man growled and lifted him up by the shirt, 'why were you following me?'
'Well, umm, I, uhhh...   HELP!' he yelled 'SOMEONE!  ANYONE!'

Anonymous

(here, I'll give you a guard to help you. mind the spelling, though)

Mazer jerks his head when he hears a voice shouting. It's been a quiet day, and the forest has only been full of foresty songs/sounds. Ah, man...hope no ones getting killed. He thinks as turns around and starts running towards the sound. His wings adjust to account for the randomness of the wind (he's running, so there's a head wind for him anyways), and it takes him a little longer then a normal guard to get to the alley. In the alley, Mazer sees a man holding up what looks like a young elf by his shirt. "Sir," Mazer says to the man in a loud, athroitive voice. "Put the boy down, now."

Anonymous

"Sir, put the boy down'"

'Yes!' thought Cesil, 'he was saved.'

The man glared at the voice and threw Cesil against the wall of the ally.  The criminal grinned and drew a curved sword, a sabre.

"Ow" muttered Cesil as he slumped to the ground.  He felt the back of his head and looked at his hand, blood.  He looked up and saw the blurry shape of the thug charging his rescuer.

Cesil was worried that the guard might get hurt, it'd be his fault after all.  He closed his eyes and concentrated.  A bright flash of light lit the ally blinding anyone who hadn't been protected.

Anonymous

Mazer watches the man fling the elven boy into the wall, and then pull a saber. He brings up his fists at the sounds of ringing steel, and gets a good look at the man's face. It's him! he thinks as he says, "Last time you show your face on the streets, sir." Then a blinding flash of light bursts in the alley, blinding both him and the criminal. Mazer recovers first, and punches out the blinded criminal in one blow. Mazer stops caring about the criminal, with him being KO'd and all, so he looks to the kid. "You ok?" he asks, speading his wings back a little.

(ooc: sorry for being late....This site doesn't like the school computers.