Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No rest for the weary [Zozee9]

Started by Zane, July 09, 2012, 11:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Everyone in the previous village had been effected in some way by the group of bandits roaming the trails of the Thunderbacks, so Uriel is going to find them and eliminate them. Currently he is flying about fifty feet above the trails, hunting the hunters.

After about thirty minutes later he found his quarry a group of three heavily armed in mix-matched armor. Uriel swooped in and attacked, the opposition putting up a fierce fight. In the end he rendered the three unconscious. Now to see is they are part of the bandit group. A quick investigation of the trio revealed that all three had a black dagger tattoo on the right forearm. Highly unlikely for regular travelers, now to see if there are more of them. A quick pulse of electricity through one of the bandits and he was up, swinging his arms wildly.

"I'll kill you" he screamed, unaware that he was unarmed.

"Go ahead and try, but I assure you, you will not succeed" was Uriel's calm retort.

That was when the bandit realized that he was unarmed and that the man before him ah dispatched him and his allies while the were armed, "wh-what do you want?"

"I want to know if there are more bandits in the area."

"Yes but you won't find them" the bandit said smugly.

"And why is that?"

"Because the are hidden in a cave on the north side of the mountia-" had he realized he had said too much.

"Thank you my friend, now you should probably give up on this whole bandit business, because next time I won't show mercy" and with that he was off, flying to the north side of the mountain to find the bandit hideout.

After about another ten minutes Uriel had to land to rest, his wings unable to carry him anymore. so he sat on a nearby rock sharpening his sword, wings half extended.

zozee9

Are those... wings? Kayala thought as she saw the stranger sitting. She had merely been eating behind a rock (in the shade to protect herself from the sun) and heard a little bit of noise. But when she turned around, she saw a man covered in white with wings. He was most likely Yoreiqi, but he didn't have any tattoos. Well, Kayala definitely knew that not all Yoreiqi looked the same.

Feeling suspicious that she was watching him from behind, Kayala stood up and came out from behind the rock. "You look a little tired... would you like to eat lunch with me?" Kayala offered smiling. No harm in sharing food and a conversation with a mysterious stranger. No harm at all.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel looked at the young woman that stepped out from behind the rock, she had extremely white skin and red streaks through hair. She had offered him, a complete stranger, food. "I am a bit tired" he said not wanting to admit how tired he really was, "and some food would be nice." He sheathed is sword and walked over to the young woman. "My name is Uriel, do you mind if I ask you your name?"

zozee9

Sitting back down in the shade with Uriel, Kayala responded, "I'm Kayala. I hate to ask this so suddenly but... are you Yoreiqi? Those wings are beautiful!" Smiling, Kayala admired his wings. She had seen many wings in her hometown, but not after she left. Although she was happy with how she was, wings always seemed so nice to have. Though some said they were more of a hassle than they were worth.

Grabbing another sandwich from her bag, Kayala handed it to Uriel. Taking another bite from her own sandwich, she waited for him to respond.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel took the sandwich she offered. "Am I Yoreiqi? What do you mean by Yoreiqi?" Then it dawned on him she was asking him if she was from a place where wings are common. "Are you saying there is a place with others who have wings?" Uriel marveled at the idea. It had never occurred to him that there might be others with wings. Taking a bite from the sandwich she gave him it he wondered where such a place would be and why he hadn't heard about it while traveling.

zozee9

"Um... someone from Yoreiq? I'm Yoreiqi. Anyway, a lot of Yoreiqi have wings, but not all of them. Obviously, I don't. Ah... but most Yoreiqi don't look like me. Though tattoos like these," Kayala pointed to the red markings all over her body, "are given to Yoreiqi over fifteen. That's why I was curious."

Kayala finished her sandwich and leaned against the rock. "So what are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere?"

Zane

"Well presently I am hunting a group of bandits that have been harassing one of the local villages. What are you doing out here here?" If she really was from a place of people that had wings maybe she could tell me where it is or even how to get there. It was really rather shocking that there were others with wing.

zozee9

"Me? Oh, you know, just travelling from one city to the next. I don't really have a destination right now. Just wandering. But bandits sound exciting. What kind of harassing are you talking about?" If she could help him, she would. Since Kayala had no place to go, she had no reason to ignore people causing trouble. Not that she would've ignored them if she did have somewhere to go.

Zane

"Well they have been effecting trade between the cities for one, robbing travelers, which effects the economy within the city because they have no money to spend, and if a villager tries to stand up to them they are killed and hung on a tree outside the village. So I'm going to find their hideout, which I now know the location of, and I'm going to eradicate them." Uriel said it like it was an easy thing to do but in truth he had no ideas as to how many bandits there were in the cave. So it was likely that he could get injured. "Do you have any fighting experience? It is likely that the bandits will put up quite a fight."

zozee9

"Fighting experience?" Kayala started. "Well... I can use a bow and arrow and am pretty good at dodging. There is only one problem: I have no bow and arrow and don't see any trees nearby..." Looking around, Kayala could only see rocks, rocks, and more rocks. "However, I can heal. I understand we have to stop those horrible people, but is it possible to do it without hurting them too much?"

Zane

"if there is a way. I don't know it, besides they have killed about twenty-five villagers, I plan on killing just as many bandits" It accrued to Uriel that maybe not everyone had his 'life for a life' way of thinking. Finishing his sandwich, he stood up, "have you ever travelled through the air before?"

zozee9

"Kill them?! Are you out of your mind? That makes you just as bad as them!" Kayala said, astounded. "Do you not understand how precious life is? And yet you're so willing to take it away? That's horrible!" Kayala might have walked away if it hadn't been for two things. First of all, she was in the middle of nowhere and there wasn't anywhere to walk to. Second of all, well, she had a point to prove and she wasn't planning on leaving until she had proven it.

Zane

Uriel saw how troubled she was over the fact that he planned on killing the bandits. "If I don't stop them, they will go on to kill others. If I were to spare them they would move to another area and start killing there. Even if I turned them over to the law they would be hung." It was a cold thing to say but it was true.

zozee9

Kayala was riled up now. "How do you know they will kill others? We can hurt them without killing them! If nothing else, just make it so they can't fight. Injure their arms or something. But killing them is just inhumane. The-there has to be another way!" At this point, Kayala more pleading that there was than stating it. She would rather chase the bandits to the end of the world, making sure that they didn't hurt anyone, than kill them. Life itself was a miracle and she wasn't planning on destroying it.

Zane

"Kayala" Uriel paused trying to find the right words, "killing is like an addiction, once you have killed someone, you will eventually kill again." He turned away from the young woman. He knew what he was about to do would destroy his humanity, if not drive him completely insane. But he had to do it to protect the villagers, to protect everyone, for that he was willing to send himself down a road of self destruction.

"Life is precious and should be cherished, but at what point does one life become important enough to risk countless other lives?" it was a question that he himself had answered once when talking to a retired soldier, 'no one life is more important than many other lives' was the answer he gave, the soldier laughed and proceeded to lecture him on the greater good, the one thing he got from that lecture was the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one. and right now an entire village needed those bandits gone. and Uriel was willing to oblige.

zozee9

"Then how many bandits are there? What if there are more bandits than villagers? Death is not the only way to stop them from killing. Like I said, you could injure their arms. Though that option seems a little brutal, it is better than dying. Or you could curse them. There are various curses that could stop them. And you said that once someone kills they will kill more. What about you? Have you killed before? Are you planning on killing every single person who does something bad? Every single person who kills? Then are you going to kill yourself!?" At this point, Kayala was almost screaming. Realizing she was starting to get too harsh, she took a deep breath and calmed herself down. A little. "I will stop you if I have to. With my life. Will I just become one more person who you had to kill?"

Kayala had never run into a situation like this before. She had run into bandits. She had run into travelers. She had run into bandits wanting to kill the travelers. But she had never run into travelers wanting to kill the bandits. But just as she had always managed to stop the bandits from killing the travelers, Kayala was planning on stopping the traveler from killing the bandits.

Zane

Uriel spoke calmly, "did you just hear yourself? Placing a curse on them. Maiming them. How is that less inhuman then a quick, painless passing? As for myself, I am no exception to the addiction to murder, and no I have not killed before." Uriel understood her reasoning. But she was being a bit drastic. There was no guarantee that he would be able to kill the bandits, they could easily kill him.

Uriel looked away. "Thank you for the sandwich Miss Kayala. Maybe someday I can repay you for your kindness." Uriel stood up and walked into the clearing. He spread his wings, preparing to take flight.

zozee9

"Wait!" Kayala yelled quickly. "At least give them a chance! If... if this is really what it comes down to, take me with you. I could talk to them. Convince them to stop killing. If they kill me, that's my fault. But at least let me try. And if I need to... well, I know a few curses that may help our situation. But I'd rather not use them. Not if I can avoid it. Especially if there are a lot of people." Looking at his wings, which now seemed tainted to her since she knew his true personality, she answered his previous question. "I have been in the air before. Most my village people have wings so they've flown me places. I promise you I won't get air-sick. Just take me with you." Kayala knew she only had one way to stop him if he started to fly. Since she was stupid enough not to keep her bow and arrows for the journey through a treeless place, she would have to use her blood magic. But she only knew a few attack spells that weren't forbidden and even those she was wary to use. Her blood was a miracle and miracles shouldn't be used to hurt others. But what was she supposed to do if by hurting one she would be helping many others? But by helping many others she might be hurting loads more.

Oh Gods, thought Kayala. Give me a sign. Any sign. Please!

Zane

Uriel knelt. "Rest your body weight between my wings and hang onto my neck." Why am I doing this? If the young woman wanted to stop him, her ultimate chance was now. Dear Gods protect me from harm, I strive to protect and serve, I know not selfishness nor pride, grant me strength and grant me freedom. In the name of the Almighty, Amen. With the prayer made within his mind, he suddenly felt hopefully that he would survive and overcome.

zozee9

Kayala did as Uriel told her. But even though he had agreed to take her with him, he hadn't agreed not to kill anyone. Of course... that was assuming the bandits were there. Maybe they weren't. But just in case they were, Kayala decided to continue her conversation.

"You know, maybe they just want money. If we pay them enough, they'll stop. That would be a nice and peaceful solution, right? It would be like a truce! The villagers would be safe and the bandits would be safe. It would be perfect!" Kayala had earned quite a bit working as a healer. Even though she didn't like collecting money people gave her for simply mending wounds, sometimes they insisted she keep it. And since situations like this arise, she usually ended up taking it.