Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No rest for the weary [Zozee9]

Started by Zane, July 09, 2012, 11:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Uriel got up and kicked dirt over the small fire. "You never mentioned where Yoreiq was so If you would be so kind as to lead the way" realizing that he had flown/carried her quite a bit of ways while she was unconscious, "that trail will take us to a small port and that one will take us to a trading port." That was all he knew of the area so it was all he could offer.

zozee9

"What?" asked Kayala. "Me... lead the way? I have no idea where we are. I can barely make it from one village to the next with a map. Oh wait. I have a map." Taking off her bag and opening it up, Kayala grabbed the map of the world she had bought when she left Yoreiq. Handing it to Uriel, Kayala said, "Will this help you? I get the feeling you'll be able to better use it than me."

Kayala had never used a map before she left her village a few months ago. She never needed to. Growing up, she knew how to get to everywhere she needed. Now, even though she had been using the map to go everywhere, she still had troubles using it and sometimes ended up in the middle of no where.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Uriel took the map and studied it for a few minutes. "So Yoreiq is across the sea. Well then I Guess we better go to the trading port. Do you feel okay to walk? I mean you did just wake up." Uriel was only trying to be kind.

zozee9

"Hm? I'm perfectly fine. I guess my body has gotten used to losing blood... I recover way quicker now," Kayala explained. "To the trading port it is!"

After looking around briefly, Kayala found the trail Uriel had mentioned earlier. She set her new bow in her bag and started walking along it. "Do you want to lead?" she asked Uriel. She would feel more comfortable following than being followed. After being chased by so many people, Kayala simply didn't like the feeling of having someone behind her.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

"Eh?" Uriel hadn't expected that,"sure I can lead." He started down the trail. "You know the thing about bows? It's how you carry them. You put your arm and head through the bow and have the string across your chest. It makes it easier to get to when you need it and if it weren't for my wings, I too would have carried it like that."

zozee9

Laughing, Kayala responded, "I know how to carry a bow! But I'm not going to walk around town with a weapon on me. Attracts bad attention. Plus, carrying it that way is uncomfortable." And although Uriel did have a point about it being easier to access if it was on her back, it was also harder to walk and run that way.

Following Uriel, Kayala asked, "How far away is the port? Do you know?"

Zane

"It's about a four hour walk, this trail will double back on itself several times as it makes its way down to the coast." Wondering about her bag, "hey, you stuck your whole arm in your small bag. What kind of enchantment does it have on it and where can I get myself one?" Uriel said with a slight chuckle.

zozee9

"Only four hours? I was expecting a couple of days. That's not too bad. And it's a bottomless bag. My village gave it to me when I left... so I have no idea where you can get one. Sorry!"

After walking for a few minutes in silence, Kayala asked, "So... do you have any adventures to tell or something? We might as well get to know each other."

Zane

"Well" Uriel thought about it for a few seconds, "I'm afraid I don't." He didn't want to talk about when he woke up on an upside down crucifix. It was kind of taboo thing to mention. "What about yourself?"

zozee9

"Adventures? Not really. Only thing really worth mentioning is my birth. After that, my life was pretty normal for a Yoreiqi. Although I did hunt instead of forage and stuff—most girls don't. I also learned blood magic... There might actually be some interesting stories." Thinking about her past, Kayala started to feel a little nostalgic. "I guess there are a few good stories relating to blood magic. Anyway, I just left Yoreiq a few months ago so I haven't been travelling that long." And now she was heading back.

Zane

"What entails the life of a Yoreiqi? I mean what Is life like that far off the mainland?" Uriel had never heard of Yoreiq four days ago. so he was quite curious

zozee9

"Life in Yoreiq? I reckon it's the same as anywhere. We simply live. I mean, after you're born, the village takes care of you. Usually men go hunting and women forage, but there's no law to say it can't be otherwise. There are always women, like me, who hunt and men who forage. Once one turns fifteen they get these tattoos over their body." Kayala paused to show him her new tattoos. "Many Yoreiqi's have wings... some villages have more people with wings than others. In my village, it is rare for one not to have wings."

After a moment of silence, Kayala said, "Ah, that reminds me, when you see other Yoreiqi's, they won't exactly look anything like me. Except for the tattoos. So don't be surprised." Before she had gotten her tattoos, foreigners always thought that she was a traveler—that she wasn't a Yoreiqi. After she got her tattoos, they were just plain confused. But Kayala had grown up to embrace her different appearance... after all, it was a small price to pay for a miracle.

Zane

"Mhmm, well are customs different there then they are here, what kind of monetary system is there?" That was the kind of stuff Uriel wanted to know, "also do the people there look anything like me? Besides the wings."

zozee9

"Monetary system?" asked Kayala, confused. "What does that mean? And, um, you're a little shorter than most Yoreiqi's. I'm really short. So, yeah... Oh, and Yoreiqi's also go topless."

Although Kayala had grown to love her mini-top, she had to admit she was kind of happy that she wouldn't have to wear it all the time anymore once she got to Yoreiq. After all, she only started wearing it so she wouldn't attract attention. More attention.

Zane

"Monetary system, you know? Money?" The next bit struck him as odd, "even women?"

zozee9

"Money? There isn't money in Yoreiq. What belongs to one member of a village belongs to all. Yoreiqi's are masters of sharing. After all, why create greed and economical troubles when everything can just be free and simple? And yes, even women. I never quite understood why that idea seems to strange to foreigners..." Picking up the pace a little, Kayala asked, "Is there anything else you want to know?"

Zane

Even....women...."Well foreigners might think it weird because here, we want women to be fully clothed at all times, some men consider...breast...sacred to the woman. I never understood that point of veiw, but if you were to walk around topless you would cause a mass disturbance."

zozee9

Laughing, Kayala said, "I learned that the first day of traveling. Although it was kind of worth it just to see the look of shock and horror on everybody's faces... But I don't need that much attention. Especially when people won't let me heal their kids unless I put something on." She laughed again. "Are there any 'strange' customs where you come from?"

Zane

Now it was about to get complicated. "Well, I do- I don't remember my past" Uriel had no ideal why he stuttered, "one morning I just woke up." On a crucifix.

zozee9

"Well unless that morning was four days ago, you must have some kind of history. What happened after you woke up?" Kayala didn't want to push too hard, but she was curious. Not too many people just 'wake up.'