Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The many faces of a village

Started by Ray, December 18, 2012, 08:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray

A summer breeze could allways bring the smile back to his face, Gabriel was walking down one of the many roads of the Serha Plains leading to a small village on it's borders. The village was in luck, he had picked it as his next destination, his next place to showcase his art and craft, they'd surely love it.

He rented a small cabin just outside of town and began to set up, tools, books and different alchemical potions and crystals. He would fit right in. It didn't take long for the villagers to notice that something was off, their blacksmith just up and disappeared one day, family and all. Soon the baker, three farmhands and a young maiden joined in and just up and disappeared. This continued for a while, the other villagers frantically looking after their lost kin, sending out messangers to see if they've just moved or eloped. Soon they where only two left, two guardsmen who where set on what to do next, after some searching they came to the cabin at the outskirts of town, they had checked many times but the man who had rented it was never there, this time though they could see a fire burning on the other side of the house. They went there and what met them filled them with horror, they started to run with all their might not looking back, they'd bring back help because what they saw was not of this earth.

Gabriel looked as the two horrified men ran away, "Typical, people never understands true art, isn't that right Milkath?" he mused as he looked at the being beside him, a lumbering lump of flesh, with twenty or odd so faces protruding it's body, each face with a pained expression and moving mouths as if saying something.

"Well, they just might get others, and then I'll be able to show my art to them as well, maybe they'll appreciate true art? I can only hope, oh well, lets wait a couple more days and see if someone joins us no?" he asked the giant as he continued to stir his pot. It would be interesting indeed, to share his art once again.