Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Care to share that Hausenpher?

Started by Zane, December 23, 2012, 07:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Food was of short supply for Fallon and his companion Lefiute. Fallon wasn't that worried for he knew he wouldn't starve. Lefiute on the other hand, was hungry. Presently the two were lounging on the plains, Fallon was smoking his pipe, if only tobacco were food, and Lefiute was sniffing at the air, trying to place a scent.

"Give it up Lefi, by smelling out game you will only make yourself hungrier." But Lefiute was onto something, he didn't smell game he smelt a cooking fire. Before long the hound had pinpointed the source of the scent and took off after it. Fallon wasn't far behind, trying to catch up to his friend. Little did he know. Lefiute was leading to a campsite not a small animal den.

Wan

Moyra was squatting by a small fire she had put together quickly to go with the brace of conies she had caught that morning.  Rabbits were a rare delecasy for her; they were small, agile little twats that tended to escape her, and her attempts to use her scythes on them tended to leave her with little usable meat.  Mostly it was bear, deer, wildcats, anything big really.  They were either slower, allowing her to keep up with them and fight them with her own fists, or large enough that a few scythe slashes to their vital areas left her with plenty of food.

Today, however, she would eat the sweet meat of rabbits.  Not only that, but she was cooking them into a stew.  She chose a stew due to the chilly morning air she had woken up in.  It was warming up now, but she had already committed to wearing cloths for the day- a tattered brown leather shirt and thick bear pelt pants- so she was going to pretend it was still cold, and a nice hot stew was a good way to warm up one's bones.

She mixed the herbs into the boiling water while the skinned and sliced rabbit meat was still being pre-cooked from several stiks where the bits of meat were skewered like kebobs.  Occasionally she picked one off of the sticks and dropped it in the stew, and after about a half hour all of the rabit meat was in the water with theproper herbs and spices and the aroma was amazing.

"Mmmmm" she hummed.

That smells delicious the voice in her head complimented.  She nodded and pulled the haphazardly carved wooden spoon out of the stew and sipped a bit.

"YAHHHH! HOT!" she yelled, dropping the spoon and patting at her tongue.  Sipping boiling water: bad idea.

The sound of four legs approaching her caught Moyra's attention and she stood up.  If a wolf was coming to plunder her banquet, the beast was in for a violent surprise.  She pulled her twin scythes off of her waistband ahd looked in the direction of the approaching sounds.  A dark red dog appeared, surprising Moyra.  Just behind the dog was a man.  A man!

"Awesome!" she said excitedly, stepping around her fire so that it wasn't between her and her new 'guests'. "Hey! Wanna fight?" she asked, a wild look in her eyes, her irregular hands grasping her scythes tight wtih excitement.

Zane

Lefiute, when he noticed the scythes, gripped the dagger on his shoulder with his maw and pulled it from its sheath, emitting a low growl all the while. When Fallon stepped into the camp, he audibly cursed and drew one of his swords and pulled back the sleeve on his off hand, the runes beginning to glow while power came into them. "I don't want to fight you. I'm just here to get my dog, he was attracted by the smell of your food." That was when he noticed the woman's fingers, they were not what one would expect to see. It reminded him of a stone golem that he had fought as a Mordecai, but this woman was obviously of flesh and not of stone. But it did indeed interest him, "you wouldn't happen to have some food to spare? I believe my dog may be hungry, his name is Lefiute by the way."