Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Beginning of the end (Doc)

Started by Ycharley, December 23, 2012, 11:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ycharley

"I, I don't know his name I swear, I didn't want to get that girl, I joined the group after all the mess over the dragon!" He spoke pleading. "I just call him captain, and take orders, he will be where the girl is, please.... Please Sir, don't take my fingers," He continued to plead, tears filling his pitiful eyes.

Devin leaned against a tree and watched with little to no interest in what was going on. For all he cared Cauwyn could chop all of the mans fingers off. Devin just wanted to get to his sister.

Doc

"Well," He said in that overly pleasant tone, "you've been real helpful. We 'preciate it, an' I'm sorry ya got mixed up in this mess.." Cauwyn gave him a small, sympathetic smile as he pulled his dagger away from the mans fingers. He then immediately buried it in the mans throat. He twisted the blade savagely a couple of times and stood, walking over to Devin at the tree.

"Seem's like your friends over by your sister.. Do we still wait it out for night? Maybe your friend," He tilted his head in a slight upward nod toward Lilth, "can keep an eye on Lilly? We wait, s'long as she's safe? An' if they move t' hurt her, well, we go in hard an' fast?"

Ycharley

Devin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He could see his sister, and he could see him. Devin's blood ran cold. He would save this man for last, if you could call him a man. He started plotting the things he was going to do once his sister was safe. Devin also wondered how Lilly would take having Cauwyn there, he hoped that she didn't have a bad reaction.

"That sounds like a plan. We need to have a plan on who is going to take care of what. I would say you go for and protect Lilly and I get the bastard, but I don't know how Lilly will respond to you and she is in no condition to be getting upset. Still though, I want that bastard for myself."

Doc

"Nah, she's your sister bud.." Cauwyn shook his head as he made a face, "an' I don't think seein' me is gonna go well. Not at first, as least.." He paused for a moment, bring his hand to his chin as he thought. His calloused fingers, exposed by the fingerless leather gauntlets he wore, stroked against the stubble of his five o'clock shadow he was developing.

"How 'bout this? You go to Lilly, get her free yeah?" His hand slipped away as he turned back to Devin. He chanced a look from him, to the sky, and then back to him, "I'll stay back, kill who I can. Once ya got Lilly, you high-tail it toward that clearin' we came from with her usin' your dragon t' clear you a path while I watch yer back? Then, once we get t' the clearin' you load her up on your dragon an' send her home." His lips curled into a grim smile.

"An' we stay back t' kill anyone who comes after, yeah?"

Ycharley

"No, I don't want to send you home, too much of a chance that one of them could have stayed behind to finish her off if she returned. She is a fighter, they would have left one behind just in case she managed to escape, she is rather crafty," Devin spoke as he started to pace.

"Lilth could stay in the air away from the fighting, just, I don't know," He stated before turning on his heel. He didn't want Lily to get upset while she was this weak, but her reactions were rather unpredictable to things.

Lily could hear the man, his laugh was obnoxious, "Doesn't look like pretty boy is going to show up, I might just get to keep ya for a while," He spat out, continuing to run a dagger along the bars knowing it hurt her ears.

Doc

"Okay, okay.." Cauwyn frowned at the thought. If someone had been left behind, why hadn't they tried to attack either of them when they were back at their house. Of course, then, he considered the idea of attacking a blind girl versus two armed men and it made a bit more sense. He began to pace in a short line as he considered their options.

"Alright!" He stopped, spinning in mid stride to face Devin, "How 'bout this? Same plan, but instead of your dragon takin' the girl home, how 'bout he just takes back to the air? Circles 'round above us an' firin' down on some soddin' assholes as they approach?"

Ycharley

Devin looked at Cauwyn like he was stupid. He couldn't help his reaction, it just kind a happened. She took a deep breath, his nose flaring slightly as he let the air out with a great sigh.

"That is what I just said Cauwyn," He spoke, his voice rather edgy. He appreciated Cauwyn's help, but this wasn't his first time on the battlefield and he wasn't a boy. Cauwyn was only a few years older than himself. Cauwyn didn't have to talk to him like he was three nor did he have to repeat what he had just said. Devin was on edge, and his usual fun loving attitude disappeared.

Doc

Cauwyn blinked, a little surprised by Devin's attitude. He thought about what the man had said, then what he said and nodded, "Yeah, yeah I suppose it is isn't it? Sorry 'bout that.."

He sighed heavily, reaching up to rub at his head. Experienced though he may have been, his life having been spent on the battlefield well before his childhood ended, he was still just a young man. In many ways, Devin was better prepared than he was. Cauwyn had never had childhood. It made him a little less well adjusted than others. Especially when it came to paying attention to people about matters of war. He had the cocky bravado of youth and solid experience to back it up. Taking advice from someone else, no matter how good it may be, was hard for him.

"Well then, sounds like we got ourselves a plan.." He pointed in the direction of where they were keeping Lilly with his ax, "Shall we then?"

Ycharley

Devin shook his head, "There is not need for an apology," He spoke, his voice low. He looked tired, worry zapping him of his appearance of youth, at least until he could get his sister safe. He looked around, scanning the area before turning to look at Cauwyn.

"Thank you, for helping me. Though Lilly might not thank you right when we save her, she will later on. If she hadn't slept with you, I probably would have been on a near suicide mission," He spoke in a soft whisper, just in case something happened and he wouldn't be able to say it later.

His hands fidgeted, a nervous habit he had right before every battle. "Are we going now, or at night?" He asked just to be clear.

Doc

Cauwyn sighed heavily, giving a small shake of his head. He turned sad, somewhat haunted eyes on Devin as he spoke in somber tones, "Look, I uh... I know what happens when somethin' like this happens to a girl.. I've seen it. I don't expect her t' thank me, or even want t' see me. And ya should know, she may not wanna see you either, but... well.." Cauwyn just shrugged it off. There was nothing he could say that would make any of this better for anyone.

When Devin mentioned them having sex, Cauwyn gave a small shrug. He tried a half smile, but it was forced, "Well, at least her first time wasn't with them.." He shook his head with another heavy sigh.

"I say we just get closer, in case these jack-wagons try somethin'.. We'll be in a better position t' stop 'em.." He frowned at the thought. It was only a minor consolation that they could keep anything else from happening to her, but that they hadn't kept it from happening in the first place, "But I still say, if we can, we wait for the cover of night 'fore we strike.."