Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Attempt to steal.

Started by Anonymous, July 11, 2005, 11:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

((Gosh. Holy crap.. so much stuff.. and I really don't like you describing Jedrek's telepathy. Be careful not to say what my character sees or is thinking. I might choose to experience it a certain way. And it doesn't say that your character is telepathic. So, why does she communicate directly to Jedrek's mind. I read that she can beguile the mind and influence. And how does she automatically know he's Elven before wearing the glasses? And how did she even see his sword, they're sitting.))

Jedrek's face twisted slightly into a silent gasp, thousands of images plowing through his mind at an alarming rate. This didn't feel real. It felt as though a combination of real events and possibility flew into his consciousness. He placed his hand on the table again, the energy of the tree helping him steady his mind. He closed his eyes in an act of defiance against her thoughts and pulled out immediately, his eyes opening toward a heated conversation between the two women that he had missed the former part of.

Jedrek looked at the gnome square in the face.

"Listen," his voice sounded unusually low and powerful, "She says that she has no need for your answers to things she doesn't even know if she wants. We had already decided to come in here before you even crossed into my path of vision. We needed no excuse, rather you just came along for our ride. If she says she doesn't want your help, then stop offering. Don't you understand 'no'?"

His face was blank with only a slight tinge of resentment. His dark hair was once again draped over his shoulder, exposing his pointed ears and creating a surprisingly intimidating and large figure.

Anonymous

[To answer your questions about Fenia's reaction to the telepathy--it was simply a defensive illusion in place.  And as far as putting in what you saw, I misread the fact that you left your telepathic scan open-ended as a desire for me to "fill in the blanks."  And the voice that you heard was Fenia speaking (I'm presuming your telepathy does not preclude normal hearing, if not I can edit it), and a big oops about the elf thing (I fixed it); about the sword, they were standing when she first met them]

"Very well."  A smug, yet cheerful grin flooded Fenia's face.  "If you should find you need something, I shall remember your words.  You desire nothing I can give.

I wish your answer had been otherwise, but it's not.  Very well, I wish you a good day.  Insyutahe revolekato.  Neherkatal vasetan gehermant!"  And she was gone, as surely as she had been sitting there.  Doubtless a relief to those to whom she had dared to have the terrible audacity to offer something so vile as a favor.

Anonymous

Nyutahi was slightly surprised to find that Jedrek had defended her - and she found she already considered him a friend of her's. Friends were always good - and she learned that her patience seemed to lower considerably, but then again, it also seemed to depend on the person. But as she replayed his words and managed to catch Fenia's she reclined into her seat as the gnome disappeared.

"Oh my. What an interesting experiance - one I can live without. How are you? And.. thank you," she said, smiling lightly while resting her arms on the table.

She reachd a hand to her face, fingertips touching the burning piercing on her face as it cooled and the spheres diminished. She allowed herself to relax, crossing her feet at the ankles. At least know she was gone, but it left the Yuisheo thinking, of course she didn't want the gnome to return. But it did give her something to think about.

Anonymous

Jedrek coughed a little, almost as though his little outburst weakened him physically. He watched the gnome leave, and felt an odd sense of pride well up within him. Sure, he had defended himself on numerous occasions, and he even considered himself a physical threat, but he was never one to be so bold in that manner. He offered a smile to Nyutahi, and offered his thanks to her for being so brave herself.

"Well, that was just an odd situation," he said, raising his hand toward his face, shoving his hair out of the way, and rubbing his temples. The numerous images invading his mind still resounded softly in the back recessess of his thoughts, and he hoped that the silent rubbing of his temples would somehow aid their escape.

"Although, I dare say I'm quite happy she's gone, it will be at least.. a bit quieter in here." he said with a soft, almost inaudible laughter.

Anonymous

She didn't fail to wonder and second guess herself, even though it was too late to do anything. Had her actions been right? Was it right for her to abandon herself and allow simple instincts and compulsive motivations be the reason for her outburst? She blinked and sighed softly, a lopsided smile tilting her lips. At least Jedrek didn't seem disappointed in her, which although she'd play it cool and pretend his thoughts didn't affect her in the least, but that was fallacy. She tried to be not so self-conscious, but to her it did matter what others thought of herself.

It almost amazed Nyutahi that she thought of him as a friend - but in a way it didn't at all. She was generally a friendly enough person and if she didn't like the person usually she tried to avoid them, however it was usually done with a decent amount of politeness. But he was a nice guy - and she was curious about him but she had not one question to ask him... She hadn't being such a boring person.

Nyutahi nodded, that had been extremely odd. What did that person want? She wanted to know what THEY wanted? What did that matter? What would that have anything to do with anything? And for some reason, maybe it was her tomboyish attitude, but sometimes she just didn't want help if she didn't ask for it. It was none of Fenia's buisness to begin with.. such boldness.. While she admired it she also frowned upon her invading her personal space.

"Me too," she gave a grin and a light laugh while she lazily looked around, finally feeling relaxed enough to take her eyes away from that seat, as if Fenia would suddenly appear again.

"Well.. Anyway... It's nice to sit, my legs feel much better," she said as she dropped her hands to her thighs and rubbed her palms down the front of her thights, gliding over the silken fabric, the added pressure easing it even better.

NYUTAHI | through the lost

Anonymous

Jedrek tightened his lips, biting the bottom one softly as he fell deeper and deeper into thought.  He glanced up, looking around the worn down establishment. He had wanted to avenge his parents, but all he did was sit and wait for some action to pull him in. Maybe it was getting time for him to make a move. He took in a long, deep breath just letting the energy of the room pass through him before he turned to Nyutahi.

"It is nice to sit and stretch," he offered, a short smile barely registering on his face. "It would be quite odd, wouldn't it?" he continued, "if someone could peer into your mind, learn your innermost desires and just make them happen? I personally wouldn't want to play God like that, but it is an interesting proposition, no?"

Anonymous

(I'm so stupid o.o I never realized you posted, LOL >>']

Nyutahi snuck a few glances at Jedrek, unable to resist. She wondered why he carried his sword as he did, and then she realized just how much of a mystery he was. But it didn't really bother her - it intrigued her. And it also gave her a goal. While she didn't like to pry, when she made a friend she tried to know them inside and out. Like the back of her hand - know their fears and problems, all their imperfections, simply everything about them. It somehow made her feel needed and trusted, which stressed her to no end, made her feel content. Of course, it was more of a double-edged sword than anything.

Rubbing her thighs, pressing firmly she sighed softly to herself, fingers digging into the sore muscles. When he began to talk again she tilted her head, dark purple gaze lifting to his deep brown eyes. She smiled back at him, but it faded when he added that question. She let him continue on and considered what he had just said, exploring the recesses of her mind. She liked being honest - but it seemed that words randomly popped out of her mouth with little to no consent of her.

"I wouldn't want to play God like that either.. It's interesting, but it takes everything out of it. Not quite as fullfilling I'd imagine," she said thoughtfully.

That would be odd.. Someone to be able to have that much control.. But that shortcut is so deadly. Someone could wish something and what happens could be the most horrible thing and lead to some unwelcomed consequences. Anyway, what if you change your mind along the way of the journey? You also figure things out along the way.. The journey, the work, is what makes the results so worthwhile, she thought to herself, glancing at the table.

"It's almost scary, actually," she said suddenly, glancing back at him.

Could you imagine yourself wielding that? Or someone else for that matter? Like someone who did it regardless of your pleas..?

... NYUTAHI
regardless of emotion

Anonymous

Jedrek shot Nyutahi a quick smile, happy that she appeared to be selfless as he has already wagered, at least to a degree.  It was scary; the thought of someone being able to make things happen that you don't even tell your closest friends. Jedrek wouldn't say it, but for just a moment he considered it. What if a person could bring the murderer of his parents to his hands in just one snap.

But then he reconsidered. Half of the reason why he felt that he could redeem his parents was the idea that he would work endlessly for it. It wasn't just one violent act. It was a process by which he could learn more about them long after their voices had been silenced, and he would give that up for no man.

He looked back at Nyutahi, she seemed lost for a moment in thought. He smiled to himself. He liked her. She reminded him of all of the characteristics he liked in himself. She was quiet, deeply introspective, but willing to be bold and stand up for herself. He felt his eyes wander across her face, studying the nooks of each ear, strand of hair, and dot of color within her purple eyes. He knew she must've noticed him staring a bit, but he didn't care.

"What are you thinking about?"

Anonymous

Nyutahi had been studying the grooves in the table, and for whatever reason she caught, if only out of the corner of her eye, Jedrek staring at her. He seemed to be studying her, which made her cheeks heat furiously. Her head bent lower and she squirmed, pulling her bag from under her arm to her lap. She couldn't help squirming nervously, being studied always did. Because she always wondered what imperfection they saw in her. She was her worst enemy and, well, she could never see the good about herself. Everyone else she could, but excluded herself childishly, needlessly, and harshly. She knew it, but ignored it. So what? She hated when she got arrogant or big-headed when someone praised her. Because then, without meaning too, she felt like she was trying to impress them from then on.

"What I'm thinking..?" She blinked, caught off guard with the question as she tilted her head, looking at him.

She had stopped fidgetting - thank god. But the blush was still there, if only faded on her cheeks. What was she thinking? It was horrible, everytime someone ever asked that question her mind went completely blank or what she was thinking about was confidential. But what did that matter in a situation with a mind-reader? That could be a horrible problem. Then again, he had said he wouldn't investigate her mind.

"Ah... heh, just on your question, I guess," she responded lightly.

"....When people as me those questions, I swear my mind just goes blank," she laughed lightly at herself, smiling.

A moment of silence.

"I think, for once in my life, I'm at a loss for words. For the life of me I can't think of anything to really say or ask," she pulled off her hat and ran her fingers through her short, brown hair, although it was glossed a slight red.

Well, wasn't this odd?

Anonymous

((Hey. Do you want to leave the village and find another thread to jump onto.. like.. 'blah blah.. we're walking through town, we get turned about.. end up in the woods.. run into someone else's plot and jump on?))

Jedrek noticed a rose glow flush onto her cheeks. He couldn't help but smile. Her nerves somehow made her even more endearing to him. He found himself strongly attracted to quiet people, maybe because he felt that they calmed him. Ever since birth, he had been the kind of guy to talk endlessly, volunteer first, and get in trouble. People like her leveled him, and he loved that. He barely heard her answer to his question, getting to distracted by how beautiful he thought she was.

She removed her hat in a flourish, and his heart leapt a little. To him, revealing her hair was like a small step toward revealing her soul. It was some part of her that he had not yet become acquainted with, and he loved learn more and more about her.

He decided to break the unbearable silence by offering up a little piece of himself.

"Did I ever tell you why exactly I'm in Adela now?"

Anonymous

[Ooo! Sounds good to me ^__^]

Nyutahi kept her.. opinions of people to herself. She always tried to hide if she ever liked a person more than a friend, especially from herself. But usually later on she admitted it. She liked him - even if she denied it. He was handsome, and he made her smile. There was just something about him.. his attitude and personality she liked. But she didn't know him well. She guessed she would learn more about him.

But his question surprised her. It made her even more curious and she tilted her head at him, smiling. She shook her head. If he was willing to share it, it'd delight her. She wondered though... what had brought him to Adela?

"No. You haven't..." she said, but quickly added, "And, of course, you don't have to tell me." She said lightly.

Anonymous

((Just so you know.. I finally got a sweet art of him. If you click the link in my sig.. sweet pencil drawing is there.))

Jedrek grinned thoughtfully. She might just be being polite, but it still made him happy that she at least feigned interest in his past. He had told this story so many times, that it barely registered emotion with him anymore. The times when he was alone, or when a certain object instigated a memory... those were the times when it hurt.

"My parents were murdered." he said abruptly, staring into her eyes, his soft features somehow seeming even softer with a sudden burst of truth. "I've been searching for their killer for years now. I was lead here, but I seem to have come upon a bit of a standstill. No new information to move me away, but the thought of information being here begs me to stay. So I stay." he paused for a moment, rolling his head back a bit, stretching his deltoids. He was stiff. Sitting this long always tightened him up, but the company made it worthwhile.

He placed his sword on the table.
"This is my fathers. I swore to him that it would shed the blood of the person who took him from me." A whisper of a tear brushed the back of his eyelids, but nothing came. He had spilled too many tears over this singular event for any more to form.

Anonymous

[DUUUUUUDE. That is KICKASS! *ogles*]

The handsome man's soft features seemed to become even softer. Nyutahi wondered how that was possible as the truth erupted and the smile slipped from her lips as she listened to him. While her life had been considerably easy and compared to his she felt spoiled. But she wouldn't pity Jedrek. Oh no, she'd applaude him. She bet if she had to repeat a story similiar her voice would crack with welling tears. He was brave and perhaps foolish. She admired him.. and while she thought about how he'd find more information about the killer her face abruptly paled.

Revenge.. fair is fair. An eye for an eye. But that can turn into an unstoppable circle... And what if Jedrek died? He could be killed or.. or.. seriously injured. Oh my! I shouldn't really care, should I? I just met him... but.. her thoughts trailed off as her eyes held fast to his, realizing how much she appreciated him.

Would she ever see him again? Or was this going to end when their use to eachother simply vanished? No, despite Nyutahi's will to move around, she didn't think she could leave Jedrek behind. And anway, maybe if he was willing she could help in some way? She'd be willing to, but she realized how selfish that really was and decided not to even ask. What kind of sick person wanted to go on some dangerous mission just to keep themself busy? Anyway, she'd probably just get in the way.

"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear your parents were murdered. I hope you find the killer," she said softly, not sure on what to say having never come across such a situation as this.

There was a thought to touch his shoulder or arm or something in that sympathetic way, but she decided against it. That would be a little odd.. At least for her.

"How far did you come? Like from your home to here.." She asked him, tilting her head with her eyes fluttering over his face lightly.

Inapproriate time to realize how very handsome he is, her thoughts hissed, trying her best to ignore them. She realized it earlier, but it was a vague recognition after the early things as she grew more comfortable with him she began to register more things about him. That just happened to be another thing.

[meh, sorry about delayed post ><! muse ran out and i got busy with packing]

Anonymous

((I want you to know that I haven't forgotten about this. I'm just at a crossroads at the moment.. I'm trying to calculate a response.. and find a thread to dive into. :-) ))

Anonymous

[okies. XD i saw this earlier and i decided just now to reply. rofl. anyway, no problem really]