Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds and Chains (M)

Started by visualspice, January 04, 2013, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The auction would be a private affair.  Many wealthy men and women had traveled far and wide for.. such a prestigious item.  It was rare for a man to stake a claim that he had an elusive twilith- and one still with their wings!
Even to gain a glimpse at it, they had to pay a hefty price-
that and more would be offered that night-
it seemed just about everything to do with her was for sale.

Because he liked to make an impression, James Marter, being very vain, he dressed Su-lahn up in the most exquisite fashion-
a black corset with turquoise and purple accents glittering up designs across the spine, and a  dress cut high on the sides with pillowing ruffles- and the main layer, being dark as midnight with the lower ruffles, trailing towards her feet, in various colors of the night.  The dress even glittered, glamoring the folks as she swept across the hall, her wild, but tamable curly, black hair towering upon her head in pillows of intricate weavings and dollops, all clasped with silver jewels and gold.
ARound her and curling up her ear was a dainty accent silver peace...
and at her ankle...

the magical shackle of gold..
with a line trailing to the cuff connected around the bicep of Marter's coat.

And proudly he strolled with her throughout the great hall of the 'Privial House'.  Prestigious men and women now gaped as the two were brought in together, and even if the man had lied- the woman at his side was such a magnificent sight!  He, cloaked in dark- and she, as the night, and round nad round he went, presenting her with ornate and most delicate of care....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

The man that was unconscious in the alleyway would not miss the heavy pouches of gold that clung to his sides, nor the invitation that had been slipped from his shirt-pocket.  It was an exclusive event and while Oberin thought very well that he could force his way inside, he couldn't risk it.  It was better to blend in, to walk like them, to think like them, to be one of them.  There was no need for hell to break loose.  Not just yet, anyway.

Oberin waited on the sidelines, all the good seats having been taken, as he waited for the auction to begin.  He looked like nothing more than another face in the crowd, as the proprietors were in expression by the sight of their new potential prize.  Marter had taste, he'd give him that.  But even that wasn't enough to salvage what was left of his humanity.  The man was a monster.  No amount of money could change that.

The bidding began when another man on the side started the pricing at fifteen hundred gold.  "Wings of pure Twilithic blood.  The stuff of legend, ladies and gentleman.  Please, do not hesitate to go any higher.  After all this is a once in a lifetime chance."

A man in the back, portly and sweaty raised his hand and bid two thousand.  Another shouted out for twenty-five hundred.  "Three!"  "No, four!"

"Good gods, at this rate, maybe Marter will have enough to retire," he said to himself.  Oberin could only hope he could jump in a the the right time as the bidding took off.

But just as quickly as it enflamed so did it die down, caught between two bidders.  It was close to nine grand now.  At this point, Oberin stepped in.  "Twelve thousand," he said, staring at Marter intently.   And the room stopped.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Su-lahna turned at the man, keeping her head proud and disgusted towards him, if not beautiful.
Marter only salvated, but greedy to see what more he could..
entice.

"Twelve thousand, any more?" he inquired, but the room remained quiet.
Turning to Su-lahna, he gestured for her to step forward.
"Now, before we make the final bids and announcements to claim, allow me to have her show you their true beauty. Su-lahna, if you would," he said, feigning grace as he bowed towards her.
Su-lahna, hand to her hip, had little choice but to sneer at her master, then turn her back towards the crowds as the twilithic wings blossomed from her back- glowing in streams of magnificent, ever changing colors and set upon a base of a glittering color of opal that seemed to simply breath and form against her back.
The wings, seeming formed of perched pieces of a stringy, mechanical bird or angel wing, and each petal, a unique flap of feather of a color so bold and ever changing, it's beauty, only comparable to midnight.

The room was stunned to have witnessed the wings at last..
and one man, having gone mad at the sight, sat up suddenly..
"THirteen!"

Marter grinned wickedly.
"Do I hear any more?" he asked, scanning the crowd, eyes going to the gentleman from before.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oberin could feel the air suddenly congeal into something too thick to breath, it was poisonous, lethal, and the silence was the frosting on top of it all.  He met Marter's eyes with daggers of his own and crossed his arms over his chest, watching as Su-lahna unleashed the wings from her back.  They were beautiful things, and Oberin was almost sorry they would be torn from her.  He didn't want such a thing to happen to her.  But he could not stop the wheels of her own fate.

He glanced at the man nonchalantly that had so eagerly raised the bid to thirteen grand.  It was quite a lot and Oberin doubted he himself had that much on his own person, but he had to try.  From the weight on his belt, he had at least twenty.  It was all or nothing.

"Twenty thousand...in gold.  All gold.  Not a sliver of silver or copper," Oberin said, lifting his chin confidently.  He could only hope his confidence wasn't over extended.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

A gasp went up through the room.
The other man, the one who had raised the stakes, turned red faced and went silent.
Marter's eyes scanned the room, then he nodded.
"Sold for twenty thousand in gold."
He grinned at him, then turned towards Su-lahna, almost sad to see they'd have to go.

"Well, it looks like that adjourns the wing auction, but do stick around afterwards. I have twilithic tears to sell."
Then, gesturing to the gentleman who won.
"Come, let us taking our dealings to the back room."

Su-lahn didn't even spare the man a look s thet wo were taken to the back where...

Well, the deal would be done.
Each step, Su-lahna felt herself growing sicker and sicker to her stomach, fearing gripping her heart.
Her pride and joy...the wings of the twilith...
they would soon be gone and she? Just another tattered piece of what was left of her kind.

The back room was opened and Marter gestured for the man to step inside.

"So, how and when would you like the wings served to you? Nautrally, it is a bit.. of a gruesome process, but I assure you the wings will come perfectly in tact."

Lion

The gold jingled on his belt as he walked forward, grinning triumphantly as he followed Marter and his slave into the back of the auction room to seal the deal.  Oberin pulled his cloak over his shoulders as he watched the mage speculatively. 

"So soon?" he chuckled cooly.  "Perhaps there's the matter of payment first.  We'll get to the wings."  His belt was sagging with the weight of the gold purses.  He unhooked each of them slowly and temptingly, placing them all on the table, counting five grand each as he did so.  They were all alined, heavy bags stretching at their seams.

"Each of these bags contains five thousand each, each coin worth a hundred individual gold coins.  Now I would understand if you'd like to open them up and count them all yourself, but I also know you have much more business to attend to.  I suppose your prize here makes you very, very rich."  He grinned charmingly at Marter, who uneasily, but greedily grinned back.

"She does," he replied.  "And quite happy.  Now, I'll worry about counting it all later."  Marter reached out and swept the sacks toward him.  "Now, back to my old question.  I suppose you'd want them now..."

"Hold on, my friend.  I...have another proposal in mind, if you'd be willing to listen."  He grinned up at Marter and then at Su-lahna, with a distant but prevalent hunger.  "I have a chest, ten grand more in fact back at my hotel, if...well, we have a moment alone if you know what I mean."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Marter paled, then turned read at the comment..

He twitched even, a wary eye going to the twilith before he turned to Oberin.
"You'd be willing to pay half of what her wings cost you for just a fling?"
He made a snort, staring over at Su.
"I suppose it can't hurt, considering I've tried her thoroughly and she's barren.

Su-lahna, who had turned poisonously towards the gentleman in question, soon reddened at her master's claims.
She, however, fully believed Marter was too selfish for the game, though as he licked his lips, his response surprised her.

"Very well, just a few hours and I must be in the next room. The chains, after all, are sealed with magic." he said, lifting them delicately as he pulled Su-lahna onto his lap.
"But I don't know.. she's a fiery one." he said, leering her and her body in that dress.
Su-lahna pushed back, repulsed.

Lion

"We'll need every minute of them," the gentleman grinned.  But inside, Oberin's heart was beating a thousand miles a minute.  All he needed was a moment alone, to get away from Marter, and have a moment with Su-lahna to break the bond.  She didn't trust him...  Gods be damned, he didn't care!  He would break the brace and take her away from his place.  Even if he had to knock her out to do it.

He raised a brow to Marter.  "You've already got twenty there.  I'll get the other ten when I have my bid," he said.  He put out a hand for him to take Su-lahna.  "There are private rooms upstairs.  And then we'll discuss the matter of wings.  It won't do to keep me waiting."  The gentleman kept his eyes steady and flashed another grin.

Marter stared at him for a while, not smiling.  But after a moment of struggling to hold Su-lahna, he let her go and shoved her to Oberin.  Oberin held her against him, looking at the mage, then at Su.  "I promise I won't bite, dearie.  Just come along nicely and it'll all be over before you know it.  I promise."  he looked at her eyes in a way that kept Marter from looking at them, the color flashing to one that would be more familiar to her, before turning back to the grey-green they assumed.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su gasped when she noticed the change.
Oberin was a devil.
Fighting with herself to conceal her anger and surprise, she bit into her lower lip and pressed near to him.
"Lead the way.." She told him, shooting him a private look that informed him he better not be enjoying this too much.

OOC: SPECIAL LATE NIGHT ZOMBIE POST AT 6am XD~

Lion

It was hard not to, honestly.  Oberin grinned at her and then to Marter, nodding to the mage, who was too busy opening the first bag of gold to notice him.  "We won't be too long," he promised before ushering them up the stairs.  He nudged her roughly, and in truth, he had no idea where he was going.

Oberin looked down the hallway and checked every room on the current floor before pulling her into one that had a dulled window looking over the street and another with a balcony overlooking a side-alleyway.  The perfect escape.

Oberin changed his face, the magic fading away like how fire burned through paper.  "Didn't I tell you I was trying to help you?  You should really learn to let things go.  Oh, now don't give me that look," he whispered fiercely.  "It was the only thing I could think of!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna glowered at him.
"It's very hard to trust you when you put me into this life," she spoke through her teeth, standing proudly.
"And how do you exactly plan to help me? Buy and saw off my wings now for your own profit? You've already destroyed my heart, wht else to you want?" she spat.  "I have little patience for this." The last words came out in a hiss.

OOC: MOAR ZOMBIE POSTS

Lion

"Oh do me a favor and shut up for a moment.  Spare me your venom.  You can scowl all you want, just don't say a word," Oberin spat back before kneeling before her he reached for the golden brace around her ankle.  It gleamed and surged with magic.  As he reached to touch it, he yanked his hand back as the magic stung him.  "Ouch!"

He dipped his finger into his mouth, soothing the burn before taking both hands and hovering them over the brace.  The magic was terribly strong and he could only hope that his power was now strong enough to break it.  If he could sever the link between her and Marter...well, all the better to destroy him with!

Unlike other Twilith's that honed their inner gift for summoning and healing, Oberin forged his in power and passion, in destruction, in revenge.  His hands became very hot and red electricity surged between his fingertips.  He chanted soft words and his hands glowed hotter and redder until his hands were shaking and the power was almost too much to bear.  At long last the final phrase passed his lips and his hands released that electric force that wrapped around the anklet.

The magics fought against each other, a shimmer between red and blue that made bright sparks.  Oberin cast it again until the magic coiled brighter.  At long last he forced his hands onto the brace, the power burning against his palms and with everything he had, he forced the gold to snap, the power searing his flesh.  As soon as the brace was broken, Oberin threw himself on the floor, nursing his burning hands, and lights flashing before his eyes.

"I told you....I would free you..." he groaned, trying to find the strength to stand.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Anger went to horror, horror went to shock, and shock soon turned into concern as she fell away as he did.. staring wide eyed at her ankle no longer in chains.

ANd for a moment, that's all she could do, staring at it before finally going to him.
"Oberin, you silly fool, what have you done?" she asked, offering a hand to help him.  Then she noticed his hands. "Your hands.." and before she thought much of it, she took them into her own and whispered a soft prayer as a silver light emitted from her fingers and cooled across the burns.
Raising her head, she then looked at him in questioning, concern and also fear.

"Where did you learn such magics?" she asked delicately.

Lion

It was with quiet, gradual relief that Oberin's palms were soothed and began to heal over.  He was grateful for her attention and looked at her with a peculiar gleam in his eye.  Maybe...  No, the thought would have to wait and now wasn't the time for light conversation.

"You could say I've been exploring," Oberin answered with a wry and sly grin.  "I knew if I could somehow overcharge the brace, it wouldn't be able to contain the power of both magics without becoming feeble at the core.  All it needed was that extra push."  His voice was soft and he quickly turned his gaze back to the door.  Oh right, they were supposed to be getting hot and heavy.

"Oh, yeah!  Ugh!" he said loudly, making grunting noises and shrugged when he looked back at her.  "They think we're doing it, let's try to keep them off our trail for a while."

He stood up, his palms feeling much better and he helped her up off the ground.  "I told you I wouldn't leave you here.  Now I need your help.  We don't have a lot of time.  We have to get out of the city."  Already he could hear footsteps suddenly coming up the stairs.  "Quick to the window.  You can jump can't you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna watched him, intrigued, but then suddenly he was groaning and shouting lewdly as she backed away with a blush.
"Oberin!" SHe slapped a hand over her mouth, hoping the man on the other side of the wall didn't catch her calls, but the footsteps soon approached.
STaring towards him, she looked to the wings on her back, then to him again and smiled quite smugly.
"Well, thanks to you, I can use my wings." She grabbed him by the wrist and lead him towards the window. "Now I know it's probably been ages for you for flight, but being free.. I feel like I could use this sense of power, this alleviation to soar all over the world."
SHe glanced down at the roads, several stories below, then to Oberin.
"I suppose I owe you at least that," she held out her hand for him to take.  "Let's get the hell out of here."

Lion

It was a much better plan than his.  He wasn't even sure they were going to make the jump anyway!  At least having wings gave one of them an advantage...but it wasn't like he was in any hurry to stare down from a hundred feet off the ground!  But the question to leap without looking was answered for him.

Just as the door opened, Oberin pulled her from the open window, away from the alley as there would be no room for her glide and held onto the arm that grabbed his wrist, hoping she could carry his weight.  He could hear Marter's wails and shouts of surprise as he burst through the room, his footsteps making the building quake with rage.

"YOU LYING MOTHER--!"  But his voice was lost in the distance.

And already, Oberin could feel his grip slipping from Su-lahna's wrist.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The strength of freedom was all she need as her wings snapped open, carrying her body in the glorious motion of flight as they beat  heavily against her back as the two soared pass the roof tops. The feeling was so indescribable, the rush of wind against her skin made her all but forget the heavy pull of the weight of Oberin as he hung on tightly to her wrist.  Tears sparkled across her eyes, as she drew in a second wind during their course of flight, offering a second hand down to him. "Here, hold on!"s he shouted, almost laughing as she beat her wings, heavy and hard and pressed them forward, her shadow flickering over the roof tops.

It wasn't long before the heavy weight of Oberin made her limbs weak and.. as she felt her strength pulling, she dipped her wings as the two dove down, crashed towards the ground in flight, only to land unceremoniously upon a roof top as Su laughed and laughed, rolling out onto her back as her wings stretched beneath her, face laughing, sparkling up towards the skies.

Lion

Where the thrill of flight and freedom enveloped Su-lahna completely, Oberin was having a hard time not screaming his brains out as the ground was moving beneath them.  At least she had reached down to grab his other arm and he held onto her, literally, for dear life.  If he thought he didn't care much for heights before, he knew he was never going to willingly fly again.  They passed rooftop after rooftop all the while Oberin tried to keep himself from flailing.

He yelled in terror as another rooftop came rushing at them.  "WATCH OUT!" he screamed and rolled to a bruised and scratched up heap as they crash-landed.  He'd hit his head pretty hard and it throbbed something maddening as he tried to regain consciousness.  He sat up, rubbing his head and looked at Su with daggers.

"Are you crazy!?" he snapped.  "You could have killed us!  Damn the gods, here they come.  We gotta get off this damn roof.  Look, the city wall isn't far, we can make a leap for it!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna could not help it as she laughed and laughed, a musical sound as she basked beneath the sun.
"If I hadn't promised myself I'd hate you for all eternity,"s he said, turning to him with a smirk. "I'd be kissing you right now."
Pushing herself off the roof, she shook out her wings and brushed off the dirt, wincing slightly as she realized she had cut herself a bit from the fall.
Then, rising to her feet, she stared over at Oberin and slicked back her dark hair.

She studied the wall, then glanced over at him. He looked petrified.
Offering a hand she suggested,
"You do know I can fly.." she smirked. "But once we're outside the walls, then what?"

Lion

"As tempting as that sounds, darling, I'm afraid I'll have to take a rain check on that kiss," Oberin said smartly, as if he didn't even hear the phrase that preceded it.  Gazing across toward the city wall, the jump didn't look promising, especially since the current building they were on was so squat and low to the ground.

"Why don't we worry about that, when we're safely outside of their reach," he said as he grabbed her wrist and motioned for her to start flying.  He was ready this time, and as they took to the skies, he tried not to struggled so much to keep from losing his grip.  He only closed his eyes as they went over the wall.  He imagined his weight was starting to be too much just as they came rushing toward the treeline, crashing into a multitude of branches.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn