Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Bonds and Chains (M)

Started by visualspice, January 04, 2013, 05:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Once they were on the other side, Su-lahna braced herself against a tree before sliding into the grass, breathing heavily and exhausted.
SHe closed her eyes a minute, still letting the sensation that she was free settle in before she slowly turned to look at Oberin.

"You freed me." then she frowned. "At quite an expense." She studied him. "And your risked your life."
She sat up more cautiously, still frowning and untrusting as she looked at him. If anything,s he was more confused than before.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Oberin couldn't have known eventually that not having his wings would leave him unprepared for moments like this.  He tumbled unceremoniously to the ground, landing with a flop on the grass, the magic of his disguise having long worn off before.  His left ankle was sore and when he tried to stand on it, he immediately felt weakened on it, then leaned against a tree for support.

At long last they were free of the city, but it wouldn't be long before Marter wised up to their location and began a hot pursuit of his own.  That damn mage didn't know when to quit.  But all that didn't matter.  All that mattered was getting as far away from this place as possible.  His eyes cut themselves to Su-lahna, and he noticed something strange there.

"I need you, Su-lahna.  More than I ever have before," he said, pushing off the tree and trudging towards her, holding out a hand.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Su-lahna merely stared at the offered hand, looking to it, then to Oberin's face as her brows dipped lower.
"Oberin... as much as you just helped me I just can't-" her words broke off as she looked away, both angry at him and at herself. "You.. you have no idea what you had put me through." Closing her eyes, she felt them sting as hot tears began to form as a few slid down her cheeks. She shook her head.
"What do you expect of me now? Why do you even care about my freedom? A freedom in which was only granted to me by you, a slavery of which you had tricked me into." Again she shook her head.
"What is it that you want?" she asked angry, defensive, assuming there had to be some other gain.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Feeling sorry for yourself, now, are we?  I would ask what happened to you, but I already know.  Su-lahna I could say I'm sorry but you know that wouldn't be true, at least not for you.  I could say that if it could have been any other way, I would have it, but you know that would never be the case.  Not with a man like Marter.  Do you think I don't know what you've been through?  I know!  I know, Su...because I lived it.

"Do you think Marter's appetite was chained only to women and gold?"  Oberin brushed away his own tears and his fire returned tenfold.  "I never stopped loving you, Su-lahna, and I need your help to set things right.  Only you...  Only you can help me.  But if you don't.   I'm afraid I cannot allow you to leave my side."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She only felt a pang of guilt for him. After all, he had been the slave first. Narrowing her gaze, however, she felt her blood broiling at his confessions.

"Well I stopped loving you." she spat. "Don't think for a moment I'll ever forget. I would never have sold out someone I cared for, let alone one of my own kind! And you did both!!"

Baring her teeth, she looked at him.
"And what do you mean you won't allow me to leave your side!?" she huffed with indignance and rage. "Listen to yourself! Making all these demands! Pretending to be my hero and then what!? You ask me to be your slave!?"  She glowered. "I'd rather be a slave to Marter. You coward!" she kicked dead leaves towards him and began to storm away.

Lion

Oberin frowned at her and half half a mind to smack some sense into her but tension was bad enough already.  You could cut the air with a wooden stick and get fine slices from the enmity between them.  He didn't need her sorrow and preferred her cooperation, but if he couldn't be granted either, he would take the latter by force.

He stormed after her and yanked her back to him by her arms.  "You're unruly and stubborn and foolish if anything else.  And you know Marter will tear you apart piece by peace until all you have left is a goddamned skull.  And he would sooner piss in that than to part with it.  You're coming with me!  This is your last chance to wise up, Su-lahna.  You won't like me when I'm angry."

He dug his bigger hands hard into her arms and smashed his face into hers in a headbutt, hoping it was hard enough to knock her out.  They wasted enough time already.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Let go of me, Oberin!" she tried fighting against him, but his hold was fierce. "I SAID LET GO!"s he attempted to beat on his chest, but then was dragged close to him then..
a dizzying darkness rang out, she was seeing stars as she collapsed, unconscious, into his arms.

OOC: Short but... lol

Lion

It wasn't the easiest plan and perhaps wasn't even the smartest.  She would wake up with a maddening headache when she came too.  And no doubt she'd be mad as hell.  He could deal with her anger.  It was more useful than resigning to ones own fate.  He couldn't tell why he needed her.  He couldn't even tell her where he was going because he knew she would most likely resist more than what she already had.  It would be a long march into the forest.  and he started now.

He lifted her up and over his shoulder, minding her rear with little more than a smack on the ass as he started through the woods.  West, head west, he reminded himself.  "I'm sorry about this," he said to her unconscious body.  "But you had it coming."

After walking for what seemed like hours, he found the safehouse he'd marked earlier.  The escape from the city was all but winged and no doubt Marter would be scrambling trying to find the men and supplies to track down his lost asset.  Oberin pushed these thoughts from his mind and shifted Su-lahna's position from his shoulder to be cradled in his arms, juggling her a little to adjust her better in his tired arms.  This safehouse would give them a few hours of security, if nothing else because it was little more than a small hut and farm that had been abandoned for many years.

There was no need to knock on the door, and Oberin kicked it open as he carried her through.  He'd cleaned the place, if only just enough to be comfortable and found the bed tucked in the corner.  He laid her gently on it, then closed and bolted the door.  Sitting beside her he stroked her face.  "You're beautiful," he mused to himself.  "Too bad your attitude could use a make over."  He slapped her a little with the back of his hand.  "Wake up, sleepy head."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: He's horrible XD

IC:
Su-lahna awoke with a start. Blinking, she cupped her stinking face and looked around, frantic, and uncertain of her surroundings.
"What has-" but she stopped her words abruptly, noticing Oberin before her as she narrowed her gaze. "You!" Baring her teeth, she growled at him. "Where have you taken me?"
Of course, as she looked around, the place seemed harmless, if not, a bit sunken and worn. She then turned her eyes back onto him, glaring daggers and as she did, she winced, rubbing at her temples. Gods, her head hurt!

Lion

"Relax," he chided.  "Don't think too hard...or talk too much."  He rolled his eyes at her and stalked over to a pitcher he'd had in the corner, pouring water into a clay cup.  He made his hand warm up underneath the cup as he placed leaves in it with the other until it bubbled and brewed properly.  Eucalyptus had many healing agents he'd come to find and while he was no alchemist, they would do wonders to help her relax.

He pulled the leaves out with a small spoon and dashed a pinch of sugar into it and brought the hot tea to her side, sitting beside her.  "Here, drink.  I wanted to tell you earlier.  But you get so mad these days.  You must truly learn to control your temper."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna shot him a fierce look, keeping her jaw raised.
"I have no reasons not to be," she retorted, taking the cup with a sigh. Glancing down at it, she looked at him warily.  "You trick me into slavery, only to return, demanding I help you. Don't you ever think of your own consequences." She turned away from him, sipping the tea angrily.  "You have a lot of nerve to criticize me. Especially after you.." Her face burned pink as she looked away, angrily drinking more tea.
"You have no right to try to make amends here. Whatever you have done, it's been broken and I refuse to let myself be reasoned with by you."

Lion

He could never get a break could he.  Now he remembered why he long ago stopped expecting them.  "Just listen to me.  I don't expect you to forgive me for anything I've done," he said solemnly.  "I know I do not deserve it.  I'm not asking to make amends.  I'm not asking to start over.  But I've found something...that will set both of us free.  That'll right all the wrongs against us, done by men, by the gods."

He became much more solemn and sighed.  "I don't expect you to understand either.  You were a priestess.  I'm sure you still kneel to the Keeper in prayer in the twilight hour."  His voice was almost mocking and he looked away, rolling his eyes.  "I found a place that once belonged to our people.  I need you to help me get inside.  If you help me do this, I let you go.  You never have to see me or think of me again.  You can move on as you like and I would not contest it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Now you mock me," she informed him. "Wanting me to take you to some place.. sacred of our people. But for what?" she shouted, angrily tossing the cup aside as she stood, staring at him and leaning up ont he balls of her feet so he could more easily see the anger stinging in her eyes.
"Do you ever stop to think for a moment about just letting anything go? Just letting things be? I would rather you have forgotten all about me!" Tears ripe in her eyes, she took off, moving towards the door only to halt, staring, with a start, at the bolt across the door.
Baring her teeth, she angrily moved to lift it.

"You worthless excuse for a twilith,"she hissed.
She couldn't believe she could love such a cad! She felt even more used that this was the only reason he came to rescue her, let alone dare add insult to injury with trying to attempt to persuade her his feelings were still intact!

OOC: Lol.

Lion

Oberin would not let her go and when she stood he opened a hand out, sending a blast of red electricity as it tickled and danced across the wood and embedded itself into the bolt, making it electrifying to the touch.  "You will help me!" he said plainly.  "You will never believe me even when what I say is true.  So why bother convincing you.  You've already set your heart on deceit so that is all you hear."

He strode toward her and pinned her to a wall, blocking her with his powerful body.  "I cannot forget the things that have happened to me that have shaped me into all I am.  Don't you think our people have suffered enough?  How can you let that go?  We are the last of a dying breed.  You're the only pureblooded Twilith that perhaps the known world will ever see.  I mean to make Marter pay for all he's done.  I mean to free you from him.  To free us.  I know you will never feel for me how you once did.  But if that's the only justice I can bring to a world that's betrayed us, then I'll do it.  I won't let anything get in my way, not even you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su stared at him, defiantly, her lower lip trembling as tears bled from her eyes.

"What a monster you have become,"s he whispered to him.  "If I were not so angry, perhaps I could express pity for you." She turned away, lowering her head, feeling defeated as she released a breath.
"I suppose I have no choice, but.." she sighed again and looked towards him. "Perhaps it would be foolish to hate another... we are seeming the last of our kind."
Even if he were only half. She found her tears, and the pain of her broken love consumed her.
Shaking her head, she glared at him again.

"Where is this place you seek? How do you know it's a twilith location?"

Lion

He said nothing to her solemnity.  He'd said enough for now and as tears well in her eyes, instinct took over and he swept up a hands to her face, wiping the tears away, even against any physical resistance she would exhibit.  He brushed his fingers against her cheek and bit his lip, knowing his touch was not welcome.  But he didn't pull his hand away just yet.

"To the West of here, deep in the heart of the Draconi forest," he explained.  "I found it once before but I could not get inside.  Only the purest of blood could get within, of which you are well aware I am not.  It is a large tree, the largest I've ever seen in all my life.  I don't know what it looks like inside, but I could sense something within it.  A passageway maybe, a hole...  I don't know.  Let's just say the moon told me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When he reached towards her, she moved her face away, but resisted no more than that, her lips trembling.  Her heart was reeling at his closeness.  As much as she hated him now, a part of her still had clung onto a feel, long since broken and taken away.
She couldn't explain it, but the connection they had prior to when he....

She moved away from him at the thought, turning her back to him as more tears threatened in her eyes.
Drawing in a breath to calm herself, she released it before turning around.
Then, at his explanation, she began to realize, and slowly looked at him.
"The tree of the sleeper.." her voice breathed out. Then at his claim that the moon spoke to him, she narrowed her gaze.
"Please do not mock my goddess."

Lion

Oberin stepped away from her, giving her the space she wanted and hopefully enough to not have her knee him in the groin.  It was a discomforting thought that quickly passed.  He was not sorry for what he said and leaned against the wall beside her, putting a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it there.  "What is the sleeper?  My father was a priest, but he never spoke of something like that."

"Do you know of this place?  Why is that tree so important?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Su-lahna stared at him a moment, then lowered her gaze.
"It is spoken, one of the constellations of old had fallen to the earth, piece by piece." Su-lahna began, moving away from him to stand, one shoulder twards him, the other away. "And that the pieces fell into the Ancient Forests, and from it.." she glanced back at him. "A seedling took placed and buried itself deep into the earth. This seed contained the life blood of the stars, of our ancestors. This tree was said to help link us to the heavens..."

She turned away, recalling the story more clearly.
"It is said the tree only comes out at night, and that only the twilith can speak to it, and it will listen.  But.." she shook her head. "Why would such a tree exsist in the Draconi forest?" she furrowed her brow. "Unless the tree had moved." She thought it over. "Or the location had been reworded as it was passed down through the generations."  She studied him.
"But there is more to the story. Constellations that fall.. or had fallen. They are revered, and are not to be trifled with." She found herself frowning. "Are you asking me to help you awaken a constellation? The tree of the sleeper? I..." She turned away, appearing crestfallen. "The whole story behind the sleeping entity has been lost. Though I imagine the sleeper is the tree's guardian. Or a gate."

Lion

The story was not difficult for him to believe.  Why the goddess would break upon a constellation and condemn it to this wretched earth...well he wouldn't be one to attempt to reason with her insanity.  Her choices were her own...this mother of the twilight, of secrets hidden between shadow and light.  It was a game, a grand game that Oberin no longer wished to be apart of.  Why could he die like normal men, in the blood of his own choosing?  He stopped his musings and looked intently at Su-lahna.

"Wake the Sleeper.  No," he said.  "To be honest...I don't know.  I only what I seek is inside that Tree.  I felt it's vibrations, it's signals.  An amulet, locked away inside.  I don't know if this Sleeper of yours is in possession of it.  But if it is, that amulet is mine.  And you will help me open the chamber door."

He stepped toward her and offered her his hand again.  "Please..." he said softly.  "I've done much against your will.  I would rather you at least agree to something.  I would rather you not fight me on this."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn