Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Free Folk of Connlaoth; Get ready for some new plottings!

Started by Looshi, February 25, 2013, 04:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looshi

"Come brothers, and sisters, join me by this fire."

Name: Free Folk of Connlaoth
Who may join: Anyone!

Leader: Torri Clarth

Purpose:
   The Free Folk are the wayward sons and daughters of Connlaoth. The ones that cannot find their place within the cities of Reajh and Uthlyn, and instead made one. They are the thieves, the underdogs, the heathens and the nobles exiled. No matter the cut of their cloth, they are all welcomed home.

Location in depth:
Home is made out of the trappings of an old castle, or at least most of it. The thick stone walls cover a good breadth of land. It was once used for military purposes, and had gone too long abandoned. Whatever people that cannot fit within the walls have thick hide tents set up on the outskirts. Around Home, powerful magic is laid down to create an illusion to keep outsiders away but it wavers in the face of Mordecai.

But how does one find Home?  By the word of another, and another; from whispers of spiders, and easy breaths of a lark. The old castle may seem empty at first, but if one says "Take me home" while touching a stone dragon at the pillars of the gate, all will be seen.

Population: A couple hundred.

General Info

The People

The Free Folk are a hardy sort, living of the harsh cold lands of Connlaoth. Tough conditions breed tough people, and they are more than proof of it. And proud of it. There is a certain honour within the free folk, even amongst ex-thieves or current thieves(They dare not steal from their own), that guide them on how to live their lives. They do not trust the craven, and those that go back on their word. It makes them have ambivalent feelings towards taken in fleeing folk, and not those simply looking for a place to rest their weary bones.

Religions
   The Free Folk have a wide variety of religions and ways of worship, that can differ or be similar to Angarism in Connlaoth. Or even be Angarism, but a far more laxer take. There are however, frequent arguments among the peoples that often end up mediated to prevent all out animosity.

Magic
   There is magic. And they fear the Mordecai, and even soldiers are treated with wary glances and hushed voices, until they prove their honour. Home acts as a haven for mages trying to escape their lives and prosecution, and is an active member in smuggling magic users to outside countries such as Adela and Serendipity. But it is not without caution. Connlaothian ways are still ripe in Home and its free folk; the fear, and the known danger it can pose. However, they feel it is foolish to turn away a healer or any other magic that might benefit them as a whole. Including how they hide themselves. What keeps Home a myth is the strong illusion magic that is charmed around the area.

Gender, Sexuality & Race
   Home's people holds much of the same views as the rest of Connlaoth, only you won't get killed for not adhering to the common.

Government
   They have a leader, but they are unlike the sovereigns of many of countries. They are more akin to a good friend or counsellor; one goes to for advice, and looks to in times of need. But they are no king or queen, or Grand Duke. In a sense the Free Folk rule themselves, so long as they don't harm one of their own.

Military
   They have no true militia. Everyone is trained to fight to defend, whether it be hostile outsiders or betrayers in their midst. There are few military trained deserters in their group who lend their knowledge.

Clothing
   They wear whatever they can get, and often their wardrobe consists of fur and leather, and whatever they can buy or steal from traders that come the long way through Matron's Hallow.

Food
   Sheep, Cattle, Chickens, and what they can grow in the soil around the garrison.

Open Postions:

Rangers
They are the main force that keeps Home safe. They are the scouts, the soldiers, the hunters.

Crowned Ranger(Leader): Jana Treyburn
1st Ranger: OPEN
2nd Ranger: OPEN
Rangers: ALWAYS OPEN

Militia
There is only one rank in militia, and it goes to the one that is in charge of training; in swordplay, archery, hand-to-hand. All things military. All Rangers go through the Captain.

The "Captain" : Roarthe Abensil

Other General Jobs:

Cooks
Smiths
Seamstress/Tailors
Farmers
Healers
etc.

List of Members & Positions:
Torri Clarth(Leader)
Jinai Rinstgate(Ranger)
Jon Erwiel(Ranger)
Alastrom Gallagher(Stonemason, castle fixer)
Roarthe Abensil(The Captain)(Inactive)
Jana Treyburn(Crowned Ranger)
Old Man Kolo(Healer)(Inactive)
Corey Treyburn(Ranger)

Threads & Timeline:

Gliding Over All - Takes place 1 years before the assasination
Currently stars, Jinai, Jon, Torri and Trest. Open to others.
What started out as an announcement made by Torri Clarth, delivering news to Home's residents, has developed into a dire situation where a scout has spotted a group of Mordecai heading for the castle, banners raised and ready.

Looshi

NPCs
Here are some NPCs to help flesh out the setting and characters. Feel free to use or mention them in threads, if you have an questions or want more information on them(Some information is kept secret for a reason, though) simply shoot a PM to Looshi.

The Crow
No one knows his real name, but the Free Folks have dubbed him The Crow, or simply Crow. He's a man in his thirties. Tall, swarthy, and unshaven black stubble guards his chin and cheeks. His hair is a right tangled mess, and he cares not one silver penny about it. He's a deserter from the Connlaothian army, and knows his way around a sword and those fancy guns the army has been totting around. He won't talk about his past, nor talk about anything really. He has a cold demeanour and no one has been able to break past it, not even Torri Clarth.

Tinpipe & Cloudy
Two adolescent sibling youths that help tend to the horses in the castle's stables. Tinpipe is a round boy, with fat cheeks and an appetite that cannot be sated even by Home's best cook. He has a crop of buttery blond hair he keeps to his ears in a shaggy cut, and bright blue eyes. He has a way about him that says 'anything you can do, I can do better' even if it's not the case. His sister, however, is far more subdued, with the same blonde hair pulled down into a thick long braid down her back. Cloudy, like her namesake, has her head in the clouds almost every waking moment. She says it makes it easier to get through life, and that sentiment alone tells a tale about the siblings.

Mam
Home's top cook, and a mage to boot. Everyone calls her Mam, for her motherly habits and for the way she speaks which is a telltale sign that she was once nobility. She's a beautiful young woman in her mid to late twenties, with brunette hair and dreamy green eyes. But the smile on her face is forced, as is her cheerfulness. She sees her magic as a curse(Pyromancy), and the one thing that took her away from her husband and young children. But it was either fleeing or death. She chose the former, and Home took her in.

visualspice

Jinai is obviously a part of this.

Gherrick would help, but not necessarily be established with them (as he does his own thing) but I could see him being good friends wit Torri!

Kella will 'eventually' (possibly..) find herself amongst them, if anything, perhaps for protection from her crazy brother and a place to fit in (but we'll see where her thread goes whenever I eventually get that up and running)

If I ever decide to play Trest, he might be a 'business' partner

Katahnia will also (eventually) be befriending this guild as well :)

BUT FOR NOW...

Jinai is the only one actually a part of this and Gherrick would have erm, connections to them?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Dreamwolf

I could see Ragnr getting involved, he's already an Agent of Freedom (the slave thieves), and he's Connlaothian by birth too.

Looshi

Reviving the Free Folk!

The guild is looking to fill up with members, and there's a number of important positions among their ranks if anyone wants to consider one of them!(And if you have any questions about said ranks, feel free to ask them)

Gliding Over All is the current group thread for the Free Folk, and is hosting a plot point. Some Mordecai have shown up on Home's doorstep. Your character doesn't have to be an official member of the Free Folk to join in! They can be allies, or people who were just staying because they needed a safe place and found themselves in the trouble - but the location and the existence of Home is fairly tight lipped so if it's not something your character would know, then they probably wouldn't. But other than that, it's fair game!

TheHighwayman

I'd very much like to be involved in this, but sadly I don't know what I'd do about characters for it.  I've got a few characters that I think might eventually join or could fit in (Lerrok, for instance, though circumstances are leading him away from that. Maybe sometime in the future. And Miklo might very well end up working with or seeking refuge with them depending on the outcome of his current thread. I'll have to get back on that). Anyway, let me know if there's anything in particular you're really looking for, or I'll just pop back here if the muse for a character strikes.

Paradox

Quote from: TheHighwayman on August 06, 2013, 09:43:46 PM
I'd very much like to be involved in this, but sadly I don't know what I'd do about characters for it.  I've got a few characters that I think might eventually join or could fit in (Lerrok, for instance, though circumstances are leading him away from that. Maybe sometime in the future. And Miklo might very well end up working with or seeking refuge with them depending on the outcome of his current thread. I'll have to get back on that). Anyway, let me know if there's anything in particular you're really looking for, or I'll just pop back here if the muse for a character strikes.

GO AWAY! NO ONE LOVES YOU!

I mean...

Hi!

*coughs* I now have a character here. Alastrom. *points to signature*

He fixes castles! Oooooh!

Looshi

@TheHighwayman

Actually, I would love it if someone would fill "The Captain" place in particular. It's recommended that they have a military background(Hardened old soldier, for example but it would be awesome to have someone not of that stereotype), if that's something you'd like to play, there's an idea!

We're also looking for pretty much anything, including non-human characters that want a safe place to live.

If you want to establish some potential connections that your character can have with the other Free Folk feel free to plot it out here with others! 8D I'm trying to promote interconnections with characters to give Home a feel that it's actually a small community.

TheHighwayman

The Captain, huh? I'd be happy to try and see what I can come up to for that. As I'm not feeling real well at the moment, I can't promise I'll be quick about it, but I like the idea. *begins pondering*

Looshi

Looshi

zozee9

As you know, I'm creating a girl to join this group. Jana. No idea how she joined, but she's probably been in it for at least a few years. Umm... she still visits her home every once in a while, though not often. She was part of the army until they found out that she was a she. Not a he. So she has some fighting skills.

Maybe she could be the crown ranger? Maybe?
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Looshi

Paradox

I do feel sorry for her. I really do.

Oh wells! At least that's one more person to distract him from Al!

Alastrom: :/ *goes back to fixing the castle*

zozee9

Meet Jana, the girl with the longest history ever! Sorry about that. But I did include a short version as well. I'll do her personality and relationships another time. >.> Btw please let me know if your character (or another person's character) should be included in her relationship section. So far I only have her siblings.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Looshi

Great!

Since being in the Free Folk for a good while, she should know Torri pretty well. And being the head of the Rangers, she's in charge of Jon's jobs. How your characters sees these two are up to you.

Feel free to jump into Gliding Over All if you think Jana would be in the midst of the fighting!

If you want to do some plotting for further threading, don't be afraid to share your ideas!

EDIT: Also, feel free to use/mention the NPCs in the relationships and threads as they are fair game!

zozee9

... I read the entire thing. I'm unsure of whether or not I'll have Jana join, though. I need to figure out her opinion on killing. :3

Looshi

As the situation goes in the thread, it's pretty much if they don't stop the Mordecai and the Soldiers, and one gets away, the entirety of Home is in danger. So, it's either the lives of the people she's stayed with for years and has gotten to know, and is her home, or it's the lives of soldiers. It's not a good situation both ways. But I think whether or not she thinks killing is good or bad takes a back seat, a good example is Paradox's character Alastrom, who wouldn't be fighting if he didn't have to, to protect Alanna.

zozee9

Yeah... the thing that you have to remember is that Jana witnessed her brother being killed at a young age and continued on to accidentally murder someone when she's older. So even if she wanted to help her new family, I don't know if she'd emotionally be able to. That being said, she must have known that she would have to kill if she joined the army, which she did otherwise. So maybe she's okay with killing, as long as it isn't innocent people.

This is what I'm still debating.

Looshi

Okay!  The Free Folks have no magical healer, and the events in Gliding Over All leaves them sore for one.

So, I'm looking for someone who would be willing to play one. The way they could sneak their way into the thread could be that the scouts out looking for more soldiers come across the healer and take them to home(whether they are allied or not, this could lead to some blackmail situations), or someone with the Free Folks already discovers that they have magic that can heal!

Anyone interested?

Tags: