Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pennies and Dimes for a Wish (M)

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2013, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Mursh was taken back by Tenran's demands, but well, it would be both of thier hides if they were caught. Looking about, he nodded and gestured up towards the ceiling. "Yeah, but it'd take us a good while to get all of the apothecary bottles out of the way without arising any suspicion." He rubbe dhis beard then snapped his fingers. "Well, if I were Jinia, which I ain't saying i am, I hardly got the figure- she'd think of something quick and clever and smart. Like... Angsar's balls, I'm going to regret this later." With a shake o fhis head, he took up a big sack and threw in a smaller sack to cushion the bottom. Then with a sigh, and a mutter, "Only for you, Jinai," He grumbled, and began to shove the entire top shelf contents into the bag. Then, once clearing the way, he helped move the ladder and unlatched the door, opening the way to the attic.
"Quick, quick, the both of ya. Hurry up! Before they bust down the door!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Open the door this instant!  City Guard!" the door pounded harder.

Without a second throught, Tenran made for the door, unminding of old Mursh - because really the old guy was starting to get on his nerves - and ran up the steps to the dusty attic above.  "Now just do us all a favor," Tenran whispered to Jinai, setting her on the floor of the attic.  The floor slits were separated enough that the bottom floor was visible through them.  Tenran glanced at Jinai.  "Just be quiet."

Just then the door burst open, Old Mursh standing back at the two guards that forced their way in.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Thankfully for Tenran, Jinai was barely conscious. If it weren't for all of the commotion about and he scooping her up into his arms, she would have long since passed out. She didn't even say a thing at his words, just remained quiet and still, simply smiling as she lay there on the floor while the city guards moved about down below.

"What's the meaning of having us wait?"
"Going somewhere?"

Jinai visibly flinched at the men down below- it sounded as if they were getting rough with Mursh.

"Easy men, I was just getting ready to make a delivery. You know how these nobleman are." Mursh gave a roll of his eyes. "Always wanting their things delivered on time. And I loose coppers if it's late. But what can I do for yous all? Could I at least humble you in a sale?"

Upon hearing Mursh talk, her breathing eased up and she closed her eyes again. Her smile had since vanished though, sweat still glistening off her face, catching the light from the room below.
She could only pray the men would leave Mursh alone and they wouldn't be caught. As much as she was reckless, she never actually meant to drag others into her own misadventures.
It just well..
happened.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran watched through the slits, holding his breath and only exhaling out his nose as quietly as possible.  The guards moved in, clearly unimpressed with how Mursh was trying to sweet talk them, but they were not in any mood for buying.  "Look, old man," the first guard said.  "We are looking for two fugitives that had escaped from prison last night.  They are wanted for the murder of two guards prior to their arrest, and one more guard while attempting to escape.  Please, we appreciate any and all cooperation."

But Mursh laughed cooly, crossing his arms over his broad chest.  "Well, don't ya think I'd a seen anybody skulking 'round in the shadows lately?  I'm too busy trying to run a business than to worry about who's done slipped through your fingers now.  Now for the description of those two bums, maybe if you buy something, I'll think about telling ya if I'd seen 'em."

The guard exchanged glances with each other.  But the whole time, Tenran held his breath.  If there was any moment the old man was going to sell them out, now would be it.  He only looked at Jinai, hoping she was still alive, so that he can kill her for trusting such a greedy bastard.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

The guards were getting impatient with Mursh's games.

"We're not here for potions," one of the guards growled.

"Then I don't think I can help you," Mursh replied.
The guard growled, and his partner nudged his side.
"How about we just talk with coin. A silver for for your time."
Mursh studied the two for a minute and pointed one fat finger to the counter top. THe guard sighed and produced the coin, showing it to him before slamming it onto the table.
"Now about that information.."
Mursh, smiling like the greedy bastard he was,  stroked his heard and eyed the coin.
"I saw two run past here earlier, but for two silvers, I can tell you which direction."
The guards were getting angry. "One silver and we won't drag you in for conspiring?"
Mursh raised his brows. "And how would you prove such a thing? I told you I'm a busy man. What do I care about run aways and thieves? They didn't steal from me, Plus the whole bloody town is full of strangers and things. I don't think they were locals, probably new comers coming in to seek a profit off of the sudden influx of dukes and lords."
The guards sighed and slipped another silver onto the table.
"Two silvers for more information, nothing more than that."
Mursh's eyes sparkled more brightly.
"Now we're talking," he patted the two men on the shoulders, acting as if they were both of his friends, and by certainly, it was evident how much larger Mursh was than either guard,a nd both guards hardly had any weapons out... already in a relaxed and irritated state by the over weight apothecarian.
"You see, I think I saw a man and a woman rush past here, heading north towards the city council building. I think they were working as a team. The man seemed kind of lanky like and hawk eyed- was that the sort of folk you were looking for?"

The guards exchanged glances. "Why yes- and the woman?"

"Aye, a blonde haired beauty from the look of it, But I only got a chance to check out her ass..."

The two men looked to one another as Mursh patted them on the shoulder again. "Does that satisfy your curiosity, fellas?"
The guards nodded. "Yes, thank you for your time-"
But before the guards had a chance to finish what they started, Mursh grabbed them by the back of their heads and smashed their faces together, laughing as the guards fell to the floor unconscious.
"Hey Jinai, did you see that?" he spoke, laughing up towards the attic-

Unfortunately- she did not. She had since slipped into an unsettling coldness, unconscious to the elements around her and Mursh's victory against the opposing guards. And after a time, he paused and planted his hands to his hips. "Jinai?" But still, there was silence. "Hey.." he tapped at the ceiling. "Gimpy... is she.." he moved to open the attic, peering up inside to see if everything was ok.

Lion

In fact, everything was not all right.  When Mursh opened up the panel to the attic, Tenran had moved over Jinai and was staring at her intently, unsure if she was dead or alive or if he ought to move her.  He motioned for the old man to move closer, though it might have been hard to see the motion in the dark.

"What did you do to her?" Mursh hissed at him, scurrying over the threshold, the wood creaking underneath his weight.  Geeze they'd all fall through if the old man wasn't careful.

"Nothing," Tenran answered.  He shifted around to allow Mursh nearby.  "That's a stupid thing to do, Mursh!  You should have just let those guards go!  They wouldn't have come back anyway once they'd gotten  you off the list!  You might be old, but could you be any stupider!?  Nevermind, we gotta help the rat.  I just want my goddamned gun back!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The old man chuckled. "I've done more foolish things to guards in my day. They won't remember what hit 'em. But this does put us in a predicament. Is she breathing? Shit. We shouldn't have moved her." He frowned and shook his head. "Little choice we had, lad. Come on, Let's get the lass out of here. The pair of you can hide in the back of my cart whiel I take these supplies across town. Jinai knows a few people over that way. She might be able to rest up better there with less suspicion."

Lion

Tenran sighed and cursed in frustration.  He was sick of this woman, frankly.  So far she'd been nothing but trouble and the prize proved so much less than he anticipated.  Still, if he wanted his gun back, he'd have to go through it.  He cursed again as he helped Mursh move Jinai through the attic door and back down the steps, the two guards unconscious on the floor.

They moved to the back of the building, toward the alleyway locked in a H-section grid that kept them from view of the streets on either side.  He helped flop her into the cart, whiich was quite large as it was and soon crawled in beside her, bundled under backs of supplies and ingredients, staying silent, staying small.

As if that would do them any good.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

As the cart rolled along, Jinai remained unmoving. They had little fuss on the way to where they were going, down the alley, across the way and over the west bridge. It wasn't until they settled along a row of houses beside a small river that Mursh stopped the cart and moved quick. Seeing no one was around, he leaned over the back and patted the top of the cargo.
"Hey, gimp. We're here. At the Messeren's. Now, I don't know you too well, but these be nice people. They'll help Jinai out. The two of you can rest up here and be safe. I guarantee it."
Flashing a toothy grin at Tenran, he moved off to the house and gave a knock at the door with a curled and powerful fist.
A moment later, children were screaming and latching all over Mursh. Three unruly girls, one of whihc, upon noticing Tenran, turned shy and clung to Mursh's leg.

"Ah, don't worry about the man with the metal on his leg. He's a friend of Jinai's. She's.. had an accident. We need her to rest up 'ere. Is your mother home?"

Elisa, the eldest, nodded. "Come, she can rest up in the buffet room. Jonny was staying there but he's at the mines. He won't be back until tomorrow." She eyed Tenran, her green eyes studying him before disappearing into the house.
Inside, the place was quaint- cozy, and not very large, infact, it seemed to barely fit the three unruly girls as they entered the house- and that didn't even include Mursh when he moved inside, examining the place before nodding to Tenran.
"Place looks clear. Come on, let's bring the old girl in here." It was then he noticed the falcon, Feather'swing, still gripping on desperately to Tenran's shoulder and he had to smirk.
"Seems that bird likes ya, eh gimpy?"

Lion

Tenran looked on the bird with a doubtful glare, knowing at any moment the bird would just poop on him and it would without a shadow of a doubt.  He had shot the poor thing after all.  When it didn't shit on him, he gave a satisfying nod and even brushed a gloved hand against her chest feathers as she ruffled them a bit.  "Well, just keep the shit to yourself and we might be friends eh?  I did save you from getting eaten after all."  He smiled at the bird before turning back round to help pull Jinai from inside the cart.

The house was strange to him and he couldn't help but feel like an invader when at last they settled Jinai in the buffet room, laying her across the table that had been cleared of any items that were on it.  It was then that Mursh noticed something on his back as the falcon hopped away, to stay close to Jinai.  "Er, gimp, ye got sump'm on yer back."

Tenran turned his head to look over his shoulder.  "Goddamn birds," he grumbled and found something to wipe it off with.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The buffet room was small. The house had once been used as a small bakery with a cafe, which had since been abandoned when Elisa's grandmother had passed. It had been her small shop after all. Though parts of the place still remained, like the indoor, wood fire oven; the buffet room was no different. It was long and narrow, with rows of cabinets lining one side of the room, and a long table along the other. IN the back there was a make shift bed. It was a tight squeeze to fit a bed in the corner, but it had somehow managed to be placed there, andi t was there Jinai lay. She was still unmoving, still sleeping, despite all that had occured. The falcon now crept beside her shoulder and then up t the pillow, picking idly at her hair before turning around. It was hungry, and it wanted to hunt. Too bad it couldn't go anywhere. So it began to pant, its' eyes seeming wild. It was dehydrated too.

It had just been one long shitty day for the bird. Tenran was lucky he just got the shit on his shoulder.
Mursh kept at eye on Jinai, moving to get a blanket, but it was difficult ot have his large belly shuffle between the narrow table installed on the one wall and the cabinets on the other. so she did what he could for her before shuffling out.

"Take good care of her, ok, gimpy? I'll try to thwart anymore guards off your two scent if any ask." He gave a chuckle then nodded to the man, putting out his large, powerful hand for Tenran to shake. "Guess it seems we're friends of circumstances don't it?" he gave Tenran a hearty hand shake. "Well, I'll be seeing you bother around." And at that he laughed and moved to leave, teh three children squealing all around him excitedly as he headed on out the door.

Lion

Tenran visibly flinched at the mention of being a 'friend' of these people.  The thought twisted in his gut and made him sick.  But he could find no words to answer the man and didn't bother as Mursh suddenly left the building, leaving him behind with Jinai's unconscious form.  How could he think he was a friend, just because he helped him bring them to the rat to safety?  It was all business, not even pleasure, whatever pleasure had been taken from it.

He said nothing as he turned back to Jinai on the table and sat down beside her, watching the bird as she ruffled her feathers, in some small distress.  He looked a small child that clung to the wall.  "Oi, girl, get us some bread and water please.  For the bird," he smiled at her.  "You like birds don't you?  Well, this one is named Feathers'wing.  And I think she'd like you to.  Especially if you get her something to eat.  Go on now!" 

The little girl smiled for a moment, little blue eyes switching between Tenran and the falcon before scurrying off into the kitchens with a smile, running like a ragged chicken.  He smirked then turned his attention back to Jinai's still form.  He leaned over her touching her face lightly then proceeded to slap her quite hard, hoping that'd get her to wake up, even if for a few seconds.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai woke with a start, somehow having a dagger in hand that came from God's knew where, before she blinked and realized, her brow furrowing. "You're still here?"
Really, he was still there? She'd thought the man would have left her high and dry by now. Sitting up, she slowly lowered her knife, slipping it back to the small, almost invisible leather pocket sewn into her skirt's side. She stared at him warily, but soon Feather'swing was jumping onto her shoulder, and staring at her with frantic, wide eyes. Turning her attention to her bird, she didn't even get a chance to ask any questions when the little girl returned, and it was only then Jinai realized she was at the Messeren's. Her green eyes looked around before falling upon the child with a smirk.
"Hey, Damsy." She ruffled the little girl's hair as the girl came forward with a glass of water and a cookie. "Say, are those for my bird?"
Damsy blushed, her cheeks dimpling as she nodded.

"The man said she was called Feather'swing." Her eyes turned widely to the bird.

Jinai smirked. "Here, come and bring htat stuff over here. I think she's starving. She'd like to have you feed her."
The little girl nodded, wiping the snot coming down from her nose as she sniffed and tottered forward, crawling onto the bed beside JInai and offering out the glass of water.
The bird had her wings out by now, feather's still ruffled, but as it cocked it's head and noticed the water, it hopped right onto the little girl's shoulder and began to have itself a drink.

Jinai smiled, ignoring Tenran.. for now. After all, her bird was far more important. The poor thing had been through alot.
Taking the cookie, she crushed it into her hand and offered it to the bird. "Say, Damsy. You got any meat? Falcon's prefer raw meat. If you go any to spare.."
Damsy, happy to oblige, nodding her head and rushed off to get some.
Jinai's eyes followed warmly after the girl, and it was only then she remembered- oh yeah, tin leg was here.
Smirking, she averted his gaze and smiled the same smile as always down at her bird as she petted Feather'swing's head.

"So how does it feel to drag my sorry ass all over town? I bet you can't wait to get that gun back of yours." I mean- why else was he here? He certainly didn't take her back to the Messeren's to fuck...

Lion

"You wouldn't understand," Tenran said plainly, staring at his surroundings rather than her.  "You don't have anything of particular value.  Your kind never do.  I just want my gun back, why does that have to be so hard for you to understand?  It's important to me, it's something I need more than you could know.  I didn't take anything from you after all.  Just give it back."

Tenran sighed and grabbed the water up from the bird, taking a long sip before handing it back.  The falcon glared at him when the young girl finally arrived with some raw meat, which the raptor ate voraciously.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Of course my kind will never understand," she repeated. Jinai could have rolled her eyes, but instead, she just kept on smiling. As he went on and on about his sweet gun, she had to comment, "Oh, didn't know you were married to it. And don't you worry, you'll get it back..."
Though at his rudeness towards her bird, she frowned. Had she the strength she would have knocked him clean across the face, but even she knew what little that would do.
But oh how that rage could build. Jutting her chin out, she simply looked away from him and tended back to her bird, letting it eat the meat from her hand and letting the little girl help as well.

"Now go wash your hands, Damsy. Go on. And where's your other sisters?"

"THey're in the kitchen, making dinner!" Damsy said bouncing excitedly before turning and staring at Tenran's leg and shyly looked at it then up at him. "Why do you have metal on your leg?"

Jinai, shifting her weight upon the bed, simply stared at the little girl and Tenran. What an odd sight! She hoped that man didn't have any children.
Whihc reminded her..
she began to search inside her person and realized.. her satchel.
SHIT.
She needed to take that potion and quick. SHe'd be damned if this idiot was going to knock her up, but she supposed she could ask him about her bag later, after the kid was gone.

Lion

"Aye?" he said, looking at Damsy.  "This metal brace on my leg helps keep my leg straight and strong, keeps it working like it's supposed to.  Without it, I limp quite terribly.  I'd fall everywhere I'd try to go."  He smiled at the little girl and pulled something from his pocket.  Holding it for her, he showed her a small charm on a string, a little bear walking with its mother carved in wood on it.

The child peered up at it with fascination before slowly reaching for it.  Tenran pulled it away a little, teasingly before tossing it into the hands of the child.  "Take care of that," he said.  "It's a protection charm.  It means Ansgar's eyes are on you and he'll always protect you."

Damsy smiled and played with the wooden charm.  Tenran couldn't help but smile at the girl.  He'd always wanted a daughter, to pamper and spoil rotten, but such dreams of children were buried in the past.  And that was where they'd stay.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ok, now it was even stranger to see him actually getting the child to smile. She cocked an eyebrow at him. Angsar.. So he was religious? She'd never have guessed. Either way, she had her bird to tend to and she went about smoothing down her feathers as the bird, now with more strength in it, stared over at Tenran.
And stared at him..
with JUDGING eyes.

Jinai followed the bird's gaze, her eyes only meeting to Tenran once before glancing back to her bird and stroking the feather's of her chest. She wasn't sure what was to be done now, but she felt sore and tired all over, but she supposed she could walk. She'd be damned if she was going to stay here to put these kids in harm's way on account of her, so when she went to move, she let out a cry as her legs failed her, body falling quickly like a sack of bricks to the ground.

Lion

Tenran watched with mild interest as Jinai tried to stand and suddenly fell to the ground.  After several seconds passed he deigned to get up and knelt down, offering a hand to help pull her up.  "What makes you think you're in any condition to move?  You need your strength.  Real strength, not that crap you pump into your body to give you moments of strength but offers only emptiness afterward.  Sit."  He shoved her on the bed and walked to the kitchen where the child had gone only moments earlier.

He searched around, finally finding a bottle of water and some fresh bread and stew hanging in the hearth.  He served her with quiet diligence and brought her the food, placing it on a small stool at the foot of the bed.  "Here," he said, leaning against the wall.  "There's no reason you should starve yourself.  And if you're looking for your satchel, Mursh left it hanging by the wall."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Again with the lectures. Acting as if he almost cares. She knew the consequences of her drugs, but it had been a while since she had them. It had been a while since she needed them to escape. She did, somewhat, feel ashamed for having falling back into her old habits. But what's a month clean worth anyways? A dime a dozen.

And another shock was when he actually helped her and got her food. She sat there a moment staring at it then back up at him . "Would you mind getting me my bag? I need it."
Or rather,s he just hoped what she needed was in there. Gods if it wasn't...
well, she supposed there were other ways to get rid of things.. just incase. but she'd seen that one before an dit was well, anything but pleasant and infact, still gave her nightmares to this day.

She didn't know why she was thinking that but she was light headed. Perhaps she shouldn't have tried to get up. Ugh.
"My bag," she pressed again, rubbing at her eyes. Gods... bleeding out hurt like a bitch, and the wounds, that wer eonly beginning ot heal, were so itchy and stung.
Not to mention she felt sore all over and her mind, kind of coming down to a low after the high.

Lion

Maybe Tenran was hard-pressed to care, but he was practical and had the barest of all human essentials: Common sense.  He looked at her, trying to press her to eat as he shoved the stool a little closer to her.  But he knew he couldn't force her and when she indicated the bag on the wall, he peered over his shoulder at it and grabbed it yet again, holding it carefully before setting it down beside her.

"Don't pick the moon one again," he said, observing her with a hawkish gaze.  "I don't know if I'd like to carry you back to another apothecary.  You've lost enough blood as it is.'

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn