Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Never Trust the Shadows

Started by visualspice, March 24, 2013, 09:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

He should have known she wouldn't leave him alone for too long. He felt himself tense at the very sound of her voice, and the fact he could see her damn reflection in the water. He swore under his breath, smacking his hands across the surface of the water to destroy her reflection, since, despite already loathing her, he wasn't about to tear apart her face.
Naturally, he wasn't about to answer any of her questions and simply moved away from the water.
"You're so nosy." was all he said, bitterly before turning his back to her and shaking his head. What did it matter if she knew his name or his history? He had just met the girl- and again, thought she was crazy, when he paused to observe the bushel of poisonous berries again. The very sight of them making him sigh and shake his head.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

"Why can't I at least know your name? Come on, is it going to hurt you. Plus, if you don't tell me your name I will make one up and start calling you it," Alvara said leaning towards him a bit. She took a deep breath as she looked him over once more. "No I don't think you have been with a woman, in any sense of the word. You are way too up tight. Are you... ummm, gay?" She asked with small chuckle.

"I mean if you are that is all okay, to each there own I suppose. I mean, with your extremely handsome face and sexy body it would explain it," She continued to talk. The more silent he was the more she could talk which was fine with her.

visualspice

Prince Rezvek had to wonder if this woman wanted a death sentence, but then the worst thing possible just had to happen at that exact moment.

"Prince Rezvek! There you are! When you hadn't come back to the Inn, we figured to search for you."

His men's timing couldn't be worse as the prince turned away, swearing beneath his breath, but was suddenly gripping at his side, and unwantingly, falling against the girl, suddenly clutching momentarily onto her shoulder for support. When his men saw him fall, they were quickly at his side.
"Your highness! What happened!?" a tall, gruff, bearded man asked, one who was decked out in broad, white colored armor, sculpted with two dragon like skulls on either shoulder and a flowing black cape.
Vek didn't reply at first, anger and pain hitching inside his throat before he pushed angrily away from the girl and tried to stand on his ow.
"N-nothing happened I-"
but his damn pride was not enough to thwart the dizzy spell that came over him again, and the bearded man found himself catching the prince suddenly within his arms. Blinking, he looked to the woman and demanded with a loud, thunderous bark of a voice, "What happened here, lass!? Was the prince injured!?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

paganchick

Alvara was rather surprised when the men showed up, right when she was starting to have fun. She placed her hand on her hip as she looked at the man. "So you are a prince," She spoke softly so only he could hear as he gripped her shoulder. She had to stiffen her muscles as she helped support Rezvek. He was heavy already but his armor didn't help that matter. It took a lot for Alvara to keep straight with her small frame as Rezvek continued to lean on her.

Alvara looked down at her ruined dress once more and  crossed her arms. Were his men so dense that they couldn't make out that he was injured. With all the blood on her and his pants, plus the way he was acting, she would have thought it would have been a no brainer.

"Yes, him and a wild beast had a bit of a scuffle and neither fared well after, at least he is alive," She spoke, her voice carrying, making it sound much louder then she intended.

"Your prince is a prideful man, and his pride is getting in his way of surviving. He has a rather bad gash on his side and several badly broken ribs. I am the healer in town, if he wants to be mobile any time soon we need to get him to the tavern so I can patch him up at bit in a room. If not his little fainting spells are going to get worse and he is going to bleed to death and die. Then you will have no prince to lead you on whatever journey you are on. Plus, you should probably knock some sense into him on the way to the tavern," She continued to explain, returning to her more serious attitude as she spoke about his injuries.

visualspice

The man furrowed his brow and looked down at the prince.
"Is this true, my lord?"

Rezvek only gritted his teeth, then looked away, nodding only once.
And as the woman continued onward, the man in heavy armor barked out a laugh
"Well ain't she somethin'! Barking out orders! Well now! That's what we like to see in our women!" he said, tossing the girl a wink before patting Rezvek playfully upon the shoulder. The prince winced.

"Gamerin, calm down already," the prince snarled, but Gamerin only laughed.
"Now, now, as the captain of your 'army'," the man began, still laughing, giving it the full force of his belly. "It seems you are in no condition to refuse. We must do what this lass tells us. And who knows.." he gave the prince a nudge. "Perhaps our prince could use a bride like that, eh?" He laughed again upon seeing Rez's soured face, his laughter nearly deafening but the prince's sharp tone cut through his mirth

"That's enough, Gamerin!" the prince snarled. "You know my fiance, as well as most of the rest, were all killed in that last battle." He snarled, keeping his face away and Gamerin grew silent for a time.  "Let's just get to the Inn."

Gamerin nodded and turned to Alvara.
"Lead the way, missy. It seems the prince aims to cooperate for ya now."

paganchick

Alvara looked at Rezvek, she could tell he was in great pain. Part of her felt that is what he deserved for being so stubborn and prideful, but the other part of her had compassion for him. From what she had picked up his fiance had died, and by the way he acted it was probably resent. She sighed, turning towards Rezvek and pulling out a small vial from a pocket in her sleeve.

"Here, this should help with some of the pain, at least until we get to the tavern," She spoke her rather soft, at least for her anyways. She held it out for him to take before turning. Alvara walked at a brisk pace. The sooner she got to the inn the sooner she could patch the prince up. She used to time it took to walk there to plan what she was going to do, making the walk out of the woods rather silent, at least on her part, which was rare. On most occasions she would be bantering back and forth with his men, who seemed like much more fun. She would occasionally look over her shoulder to make sure they were keeping up and Rezvek hadn't died or hadn't started bleeding profusely. She wondered if he knew how injured he was and how much he would cooperate once they had made it to their destination.

visualspice

The prince took the vial.
"Tch," and found himself glaring at it and thinking about tossing it away, but instead, he just held it within his arms, and ignored the pain as best he could, and ignore the medicine that might make his suffering easier. Again, he didn't want to take her charity, nor did he honestly fully trust her- but in all honesty, he really just didn't want to let her be right. He could handle this on his own, but after a time, the pain became quite annoying, especially with Gamerin being his main support, and the man had quite a gait to his walk that it was actually tearing more into his ribs. After a time, he had the man slow down and he, though reluctantly, downed the damn vial.
The buzz came on quick, and he was swearing up a storm that she had drugged him, but then he realized the pain seemed to subside- for now, and onward the group continued to the Inn.
They had taken him into his own private room, Gamerin even opening the door for the lady,
"After you." he said with a bow.
The prince only swore under his breath, but as tradition dictated, women were to go in first to a room. So he held back, along with his men, and waited for her to go inside. Not one of them budge from their formation, standing in two lines on either side of the door, the prince at the front, to the right, and Gamerin, opposing him on the left.

paganchick

Alvara looked over the men for a second before entering the room, she wasn't used to such manners from one man, let alone a whole group of them. She walked to the middle of the room before turning to look at the men who entered. She took a deep breath to gather her scattered thoughts into one orderly list of thing that she needed to do and get done. First thing was first he would have to take his armor and shirt off.

"I will have to go to my room to get some things that I will need, while I am gone I need one man to go get a basin of clean water and Prince Rezvek, you will have to remove your armor and shirt if I am to clean and start healing your wounds. Is that okay?" She asked quickly, not really waiting for a response from him.

She walked past the men, her long stride coming in handy as she made her way to her room for supplies.

visualspice

The prince scowled as he realized he needed to heed to her orders, especially in front of his men, so for now, he swallowed his pride, but his soured disposition was hard to shake.
"Aye, my lady. We'll be sure the Prince is well prepared," Gamerin said with a hearty laugh as he patted the prince heavily upon the shoulder. THe prince jerked his arm away.
"Let's just get on with this. There's much to be done today." Rezvek muttered and moved off to his room to prepare while Gamerin and the others helped fetch supplies and actually made themselves appear useful.
While in his room, he snarled and fought over the bindings. Thankfully he was only in half armor, so his gear was latched with more accessible strips to unlatch and unbuckle. Once the half chest plate was removed, he worked at the bindings for the shoulder pads and his gauntlets and let them simply drop heavily to the floor before peeling off his shirt and discarding it carelessly to the floor before dropping onto the bed while chewing on the inside of his mouth as he seethed over what to make of this situation.

Damn the girl. Why did it have to be her? And to think she just left all of her crazy, poison berry bushels behind. Pah!

paganchick

As Alvara entered her room she cursed under her breath, remembering her berries. All that hard work and time for what? Probably for nothing. She doubted they would be there, she guessed she would have several other people to heal by the end of the day. She stopped for a moment, taking another deep breath and gathering her thoughts before started to grab this and that. A big bottle with a dark crimson liquid inside and several small vials with the same green liquid that she had given him earlier, several rolls of cloth as well as needle and thread like material.

She didn't know exactly how she was going to treat him, or what exactly he would let her do so she had to bring everything she would need because she wanted to avoid any extra trips. In about ten minutes she had a medium sized side bag full of items as well as a fresh, clean blue dress on. She returned to the Princes room quickly, ready to get to work.

visualspice

The big men of his remaining army (which was ironic, considering how tall they were all compared to the young prince, and burly), were meandering in the halls, asking if they could help the young lass as she passed by. The prince, scowling and not wanting his men really present just barked out the order, "She can do this by herself! The rest of you can remain down at the bar."
The men seemed to like the idea, even laughed, Gamerin included.
"Aye, I suppose we could wait there," he said, giving Alvara a nudge and wink. "Take your time, lass. He needs it."
Rezvek gave a growl and watched as the men left. They were a rude lot, and when his eyes came upon her bag he rudely asked, "Why do you have such a large bag? I thought you had some sort of healing magic." He gave a snort. Really, was she some sort of potion mage as well? Either way, he'd be rather skeptical to take much more from her- the drug she had already given him was making him a little high, but his grumpy disposition would not falter. It seemed the drug wasn't strong enough for that.

paganchick

Once the men left she turned to Rezvek, his rude comment sending her a bit over the edge, a rare thing for on most occasions, but with the use of so much magic, and the thought of how much magic she was about to use she was growing tired.

"I am sorry I am not a freak'n wand wave'n heal all of your problems type of healer," She said, her voice sharp and full of venom. He had hit a rather sour note with her, touching a very sensitive and touche subject. She didn't have the most powerful healing magic and she knew that. What she lacked in the potent magic though she made up for in her knowledge of herbs and potions and how to use her magic combined with the two.

She clenched her teeth a bit, angers flaring through her stance and attitude, she always got so serious when it came to her job. She put the back on the table, setting up all the vials, seeming to know what each one was, which was probably a job with in itself.

visualspice

The prince hadn't expected her to be so snappy. Most of the time this woman seemed to want to play games with him, so he grew silent for a time, and just studied her as she worked.
"So you're a minor healer and have taken up the art of potion making?" For that, at least, he could give her some respect. He drew in a breath, leaned back his head and sighed as he watched her. He might regret offering this later, but he was still agitated and restless from his injury. "Do you need some help?" he muttered the offer, rubbing sheepishly at his left arm. It was only then he realized his hands were still gloved and he looked down at them, debating on taking off the leather gloves, though he might need them if he were helping her with potion mixing or the like. Though then again, they might just get in the way...

paganchick

"I never had a teacher when it came to magic and the art of magic healing though I had always had natural abilities, I have no one to help me better them. So I had to learn something that would allow me to heal even with my limited abilities," She spoke as she finished laying everything on the table.

"Actually I need you to lay down and relax. The first thing I need to is set your ribs. It will be the most exhausting thing for me and probably the most painful for you. Bone growth is always painful, whether you had sedatives or not," She spoke as she started to mix a few things into an empty medium sized vial. She was mixing a much stronger pain reliever, she didn't like her patients to suffer, nor did she like screaming. Plus if she was being healed she would prefer someone who considered her pain as well as her injuries.

She held a vial with a purple mixture in one and and several rolls of cloth in the other as she turned around to face him. "Tell me when you are ready," She spoke, seeming calmer than before.

visualspice

Rezvek had listened to her words. But he hadn't obliged. It wasn't that he was being ignorant, he just found himself staring at her for a time, and only snapped out of his brief moment of thought when she had turned around. Blinking, he lowered his head, eyes darting to the floor before he moved to lay down on the bed. Sighing, he tried to relax, but it was obviously forced.

"I'm ready enough," he muttered softly, looking away towards the shabby curtains of the window.

paganchick

Alvara looked at him, her head turning side ways for a moment, did she catch him staring? She wandered what he was thinking but decided to save the questioning for later and give him a bit of rest before the worst of the pain. He deserved that much at least.

She reached out and handed him the vial, "Drink this, it will help with the pain some more. Trust me, you will want it. The question now isn't that you can not take the pain, but rather we can't risk you starting to bleed out from your other wound because of it," She explained quickly. She took a deep breath, focusing her energy.

visualspice

Rezvek took the vial and sat up on one elbow and examined it in silence for a time. Well, if she had wanted to truly poison him, he figured she would have done that out in the woods, but that wasn't exactly what was brooding in his mind. He couldn't help but shake something familiar about her and this, like some sort of deja vu, but he just assumed it was because of the recent battle he had encountered with his men and their exhaustion from travel. THey were foreigners here, after all.
So kicking back the vial, he downed it quickly, and handed her back the empty vial, in case she had other use for it.

"So is there anything else I have to do?" He might as well comply. It seemed both were more amicable when neither party was being stubborn or flirting. He could only hope it could remain that way. Their civility was calming, as was the effects of the drugs as his eyes lids lowered a little and he found himself staring at her again, his mind drifting off into more distance thoughts to the scars, the swings, and the deep cuts of blood ou ton the battle field. He recalled the roars of dieing dragons, the faint scents of death and fire, and the taste of vomit and blood.

paganchick

"Honestly, the best thing you can do is try not to scream, the last thing I need is for your men running up here trying to hack me to pieces," She spoke before gently laying her hands above his ribs. She flinched a bit, feeling the wounds. She knew how much pain they had to already be inflicting.

Alvara was too focused on the task at hand to realize that he was staring, which was a bit off for her. She was usually the first girl to notice and take interest in a man staring at her. She used her energy along with his own to start moving the bone back into place causing the least amount of damage as possible. She gritted her teeth, knowing how much it had to pain him plus feeling the bone move under skin was a bit odd. She used her energy to get the beginning process of the bone mending started, a painful thing for him, and an extremely exhausting thing for her. Slowly she removed her hands from his chest and side. When she stood straight she herself had a bit of a dizzy spell. She didn't fall, but more plopped into the nearest chair.

visualspice

Alvara's words drew him back to her. It was a curious request, but he supposed she was right. He also did not want that. Turning away, he simply nodded and drew in a breath as her hands moved over his wounds, trying not to flinch when her hands were so near to his tender flesh. He was stronger than that anyways, and he was past his pettiness towards her- for the moment, anyhow. So when she began to use her magic, it felt.. strange.
Yes it hurt, a godawful lot, but he managed to chew through it. She'd see a twitch here, a gasp there, even a swear might have escaped his lips from time to time, but he remained pretty well under control considering the circumstance. He had worse wounds before, in battle- ad his mind went back to the sword, the flesh..
His nostrils burned as he felt his wounds closing up, the ribs moving about- it almost tickled,a nd also prickled on the inside. And when she was done, he hadn't realized he had held his breath as he exhaled, sitting there a moment, about as dizzy and exhausted as she. He didn't even realize it, but he had started to sweat.
After a moment, he collected himself and turned slowly to face her, realizing, quietly, that she appeared completely exhausted as she sat in the chair.
For a long while he stared at her, but this time he was studying her.  He supposed she was pretty enough. She had the right assets anyways to carry herself well as a woman, and her dark hair was attractive, as was her face and dark skin. Even her eye reminded him of the sea.
He wondered, idly, why she would ever act so disgusting as she had earlier. Couldn't she just get a man in an easier manner? Or was she some sort of whore because her healing wasn't so good? but he wasn't sure that was it. He looked down at his injury. It seemed to be fairing better.
Yes, she was pretty and he considered he could breed with something like that. Ugh... he must be on some sort of a high, thnking about breeding with such a woman.  It was repulsive. She wasn't even his kind. He turned to her again before speaking.
"Thank you."
It as the least he could do, and he might as well let her have it. She deserved it, and he was feeling less sour for having her aid.

paganchick

"You thank me as if you think I am finished, I suppose with all of that pain you have forgotten the gash on your side that could start gushing blood at any moment?" She spoke, her usually loud voice soft, slightly hoarse. That had taken more out of her than she had expected. She leaned her head back heavily in the chair, her body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds. She let her eyes close for a few moments and honestly considered just letting her body pass out there but she quickly shunned the idea. She had no doubt that the prince would bother her, though he seemed okay with her now she could still see how he felt himself better or somehow thought she was less than everyone else.

Finally, after a few long moments she raised her head to look at him. She stared at the wound in silence for a few moments before standing. The dizziness from earlier was gone, but the exhaustion wasn't much better. She walked to the basin of water and got a clean cloth. She got the cloth wet and returned to the princes side.

"I need to clean it first, gods know what all got in it while you and the beast were rolling around. All you need is a blood infection," She stated as she began to clean his would with skilled and gentle hands.