Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Men with Metal Hearts

Started by visualspice, May 03, 2013, 11:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Yes, it was impressive indeed. Too bad he had to go after such a display. And after a girl.
He felt himself begin to sweat, but it was his turn, his duty, so he drew in a careful breath, loaded the canon and took aim. There was a series of marks at the end of the way, and he choose one beside Aoife's as he moved the canon carefully as he took aim. Then steady.. steady... and BAM!
The shooting of the canon had him shouting once as he leaped to his feet, a ball of nerves and energy, but after a moment, he blinked and looked down the way, to see he had completely missed the target, blowing up a hole a few feet away. He frowned and rubbed at the back of his neck again.
"Well, I suppose I'll have to try harder next time," he said with a dry laughing, hoping to hide his embarrassment through a smiel.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Sumae

"That's all right Killian!"  Greer patted him gamely on his shoulder with one broad fist.  "That's why we are here after all, to practice." 

The targets in the battle field were coming down one by one as everyone fired there cannons.  Greer felt his excitement growing, as well as his confidence.  Who could defeat an army like theirs?

It was a beautiful day and Greer couldn't have been happier.

"Whose up for heading to the tavern after all this is over?  Drinks on me, my friends!"  He exclaimed with a broad grin.

visualspice

"I don't know..." Killian began with a nervous laugh. "Last time I went into a tavern with you, you were aiming to get me into trouble." He shook his head, recalling all of the silly antics, and he.. well.. Killian had been a ball of nerves. He was never a man to drink, and he always said increasingly more dumb things when under the influence of a cup or two of ale.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Katie

"Thanka," Aoife told the boy with the bangs. (Sometimes she felt as though she said it a lot, but her parents had always told her she could never be too polite.) She smiled back at him, then turned to watch Killian fire.

Well, it wasn't the worst shot she'd ever seen. If it had been a real person they'd at least have been hit by the bounce. And it was only his first time. "Oh, it wasn't so bad," Aoife told him. "If you're that close this time, give it a few more tries and you'll hit them, easy."

She looked from Killian to the tall one--she wasn't really sure what he'd had said, but from what Killian was saying it was something about going to a tavern. And...trouble? "What kind of trouble?" she asked. (Under the mistaken impression that Killian was saying that if they went, they would get in trouble.) Not that she could go. She would be wanted back when they were finished training.

Rhindeer

"A tavern?" Faolán perked up with interest. "I'm in!"

Where he'd grown up, they drank weak ale more than water as the local stream wasn't usually fit for consumption. He'd never been to a tavern before, but he honestly couldn't see what the danger was. He'd heard stories before and it sounded like fun!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Sumae

Greer laughed at Killians protest

"Ah, come on Killian!  It would do you some good, loosen you up." 

He turned to the woman, Aoife he thought her name was and smiled "No, we wont get in trouble, Killian here is just worried that he can't hold his ale!"

Greer grinned and punched Killian lightly in the shoulder.  At Faolans interest Greer cheered "All right!  To the Tavern it is then friends!"

visualspice

The cannon ball practice lasted for most of the afternoon, and by the end of it, Killian had finally been able to hit the mark and was feeling a bit more confident as a soldier,- but only slightly. He was still a ball of nerves from all of the explosions, and from well.. needing to keep his head infront of a girl, that when they were disbanded for the day, he merely remained near to Greer as they exited the field.

"By Angsar's might, I feel as if I could sleep through the rest of the day," Killian muttered, raking  a hand through his sweat slicked hair. "That sort of training is intense. But it's a good skill to learn. It's not like most of us have magic like the mages do, so I'm sure this sort of combat would come in handy when the time was necessary." Though to be truthful, he was a little afraid to be fighting a war against mages, and mages within his own home land. What if one turned him into a frog? Could mages do that? He had a lot of ideas bubbling on inside of his head, ones that skirted around this fear, but he swallowed them down and smiled towards the rest, not letting his fear get the better of him. He might as well enjoy the tavern while there was time for tavern enjoying to be had.

Sumae

Greer could see that Killian was nervous and wiped out.  Smiling at his young friend he put an arm around his shoulder.  "Not to worry Killian.  The tavern shall take all your worries away."  He laughed. 

The war was going to be difficult and bloody.  Truthfully, Greer himself was worried.  But his loyalty and dedication were endless.  If he had to die for his people then it would be a good death.

"The training is intense," Greer commented, "the war must be escalating.  Their getting us ready for battle."  Greer tone turned grim and serious.  He worried as well.

Rhindeer

Tired and sweaty from practice, Faolán joined up with Killian and Greer and fell into stride with them as they discussed the war. It was a bit of an uneasy topic; he loved soldiering  thus far, for all the freedom it offered, but the very real implications of war and all it meant hadn't fully sank in yet.

Like the fact that they would actually be fighting one day. Real fighting.

"We'll be okay, though, right?" he piped up as Greer fell quiet. "I mean, Connlaoth's been around forever and mages, pah. We got Mordecai." He smiled, keeping optimistic. "They don't got a chance!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Sumae

Greer smiled and responded in kind with the same optimism, "Of course we'll be fine.  We just have to stick together.  It's going to be great." 

They were approaching the tavern now and Greer let his thoughts shift to extra curricular activities. 
"Lets try to keep out of too much trouble, huh boys?"  He teased, elbowing Killian in the ribs and laughing. 

visualspice

"Yeah, who knows, we might not even see any real fighting. It seems the mage camps up north will help keep the chaos down, at least for a little while, I'm sure. To keep the peace, it makes sense to put mages all in one place until things cool down."

Or so Killian would like to believe, and kept repeating this to himself. This was what was drilled into the soldiers anyways. It was just another necessity of war, to march the mages up north and keep them in 'camps' there while the army tried to figure out who the murderer was.

----

The boys soon found themselves at a local tavern; The Glass Pea, one that was already a bit rowdy with other soldiers in training taking up drink and flirting with the bar maids.
"Seems we came at a busy time," Killian commented, taking a seat as he smiled. "So, what sort of beers do you all like? I come from the duchy of Allar, and the apple beer there is amazing. I wonder if they have any of that sort around here."

Rhindeer

Taking a seat himself, Faolán blinked at Killian's words. "There's more kinds of beer?" he asked, surprised. "I've only had...well...normal ale! The barley kind."

With a sheepish grin, he added, "But I was never allowed to go to taverns or nothin'."

And he found himself quite fascinated with the scene around him, so lively and rowdy. A pretty barmaid in a tight bodice that made her breasts swell bustled over to their table and leaned down far more than was necessary, arms squished in to push her bust out even more. "What can I getcha fellows?"

visualspice

"Uh.." and all Killian could do was STARE at the great, ripe breasts presented towards him. He couldn't even stammer out a second 'uh...' while in their presence, and probably looked quite the fool as he gawked.

OOC: Sorry it's short but... LOL!

Rhindeer

OOC: LMAO. XDDD

...Oh lord.

Looking over at Killian, Faolán nudged him sharply in the side, then smiled at the lady (how did she keep those clothed?!) and cleared his throat. "Um, I think he said somethin' about apple beer?"

The barmaid giggled and made no effort to adjust herself. If anything, she only leaned down farther, clearly noticing the effect she was causing. "Is cider okay?"

Glancing over at Killian, Faolán nudged him again. "Is cider okay?" Jeez. Granted, he couldn't help but look either, just because...um...they were right there.

And rather impressive.

visualspice

"Y-yeah," Killian managed to wheeze out. "C-Cider is fine." And as the barmaid went around taking orders and left, Killian felt somewhat relieved. His entire face was now as red as a tomato, and was glad after they had gotten their drinks the barmaid left them alone to attend to another table, though on occasion he'd hear her giggles over the barking laughter of other men.

"So er... the cider's good!" Killian began, but realized how lame his conversation skills were and was quick to chug down the cider, the cider of which he said was good and hadn't touched until that moment, cuase if he had, he never EVER would have made that comment about it being good. It was so bitter, it took all f his will power to keep it down as he swallowed it up and looked a bit green in the face, which (somewhat) helped his skin return back to a more normal palor.

"So.. I heard we'll be doing combat training tomorrow, out in the fields. The General is well known where I'm from, so I'm excited he'll be our teacher. He's seen a lot of combat, and almost lost his left eye in a coastal battle when pirates tried to invade a small town that was carrying our tax money. He and his men were able to ward them off and sank one of their ships. It was quite the story!"

Rhindeer

The cider definitely was not good, and Faolán nearly spit his up the moment he took a sip. It was disgusting! And yet Killian seemed to be handling it alright (at least, he wasn't making a fuss of it) so Faolán forced it down, because the last thing he wanted was to seem unmanly.

Trying to be sly about it, Faolán nudged the cider off to the side. He'd just...follow Killian's lead, here, as the older of them! If Killian drank, he'd drink. That seemed like a good solution! But before he could angst much more about the awful drink, Killian saved him from having to lie and agree that it was good cider when he changed the subject.

Faolán perked up at the mention of the General, a bright smile spreading over his face. Damaged eye, eh? That sounded like Serenus! "Oh, him! I know him!" he said excitedly, beaming and eager to brag.

"I sparred with him a little, back in Matron's Hallow! He's really good, but he's really kind and patient! He sure works ya hard, though..." he said, dragging a finger through the condensation on his mug. "I wonder if he'll remember me?"

visualspice

"Really? You've had the chance to spar with the General?" Killian asked, smiling in disbelief. "How was that like? I bet he whooped your ass a few good times!" And Killian's eyes were positively shining.

Rhindeer

"God, yes!" Faolán said with a laugh and a slight blush. "He worked me 'til I was so shaky I couldn't stand and too sore to hold a sword. But he gave me a lot of good pointers! And--"

He paused, another memory falling on the heels of that one. His blush deepened.

"...Oh, and then he made me escort a bratty noble."

visualspice

Killian had been daring to drink down more of the soured cider when Faolán informed him about the noble girl and he spit out whatever drink was in his mouth. His eyes went wide.
"You... escorted a noble girl?"
And Killian's eyes shined with a laugh as his cheeks brightened with a blush, his lips half hanging open in a smile.

Rhindeer

Faolán burst out laughing when Killian spit out his drink, and he waved his hand. "It's...er, it's not as exciting as it sounds!" he said with a sheepish smile that slowly turned into a scowl as he recalled the ordeal. "She was horrible! Terribly bratty and awful and mean! I've never met anyone like her before! She wailed on me something fierce, too, for no reason, and I got in trouble for it! Sweet and dainty my foot. And then there were the bees..."

Faolán grimaced at the memory, but had to smile again when he remembered she'd gotten her comeuppance, too.

"Oh, but I guess I'm being a little unfair. There was another noble girl, too, and she was really sweet!"

Okay, now he was just bragging.