Started by visualspice, May 09, 2013, 11:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Hey, just an fyi- don't presume actions on my characters (or reactions) X3
Since Ne'friss is my character, please let me control if she gets startled :3
For now I'll just go with it <3

And woo, we made it to three pages!

-------------

Ne'friss was nearly blinded by how densely the trees rose up around them, acting as a blinding canopy of the sun. Though as her eyes adjusted, she was amazed at all of the flora and fauna growing here. But at the sudden movement of a shadow, and the haze of the fever she was sporting, she found herself gasping and pressing nearer to Kaneo. But then at his words, she peered up at him. This place reminded her of the Jungles int he South of Essyrn. Was she in the jungles, or some form of islands nearby? Though if that were the case, this young man should have been well versed in Essyrn. So her brief moment of hope left her int he same, fleeting instant as she sighed. They hadn't gone far and she was already getting exhausted, her skin on fire as it began to sweat. But she was too out of it to complain and simply followed, her legs moving though her eyes growing too heavy to concentrate.

"What.. what sort of large animals?" she asked, curious if there might be lions or tigers here, like in Essyrn. If so, she recalled her father warning her about how dangerous they were, and she felt fear prickle at her skin. Without a caravan to protect her, she felt vulnerable. She never went anywhere without her maids, or without her armed guard. So it was hard to swallow it was just her and Kaneo now trekking through this unknown terrain.

Though as she pressed on, her ears picked up tot he sounds of a nearby stream and water fall.
"W-water.." She turned to Kaneo. "Can we stop there for a rest and drink?" she felt dirty, the salt waters from the ocean still sticking to her skin, the paint (or what remained of it,) was caked to her unconfortably as well, and she still felt the sticky residue of the sea plants on her skin.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Czaranis

OOC: sorry, won't happen again.

"Water? Yes, alright," Kaneo said, leading her to a nearby stream - the same one, indeed, from which he had got water earlier. As he took some water in half of a coconut shell and offered it to Ne'friss, he sat, looking off into the jungle, and answered her earlier question. "Yoreiq animals? Many, different. Most only when night. I...I not know Common names. Heotal. Ourass. Very dangerous." Kaneo looked back to Ne'friss. "Ready for continue?"

visualspice

OOC: It's ok! No worries, it happens~ and thanks :3

----------------

Ne'friss was thankful for the water, ignoring the shell used for a cup as she'd take her own hands to the water, scoop the water desperately to her lips and then after taking a few frantic drinks, she began to splash water against her face in order to cool herself off. Her skin was still on fire, and it wasn't long before she was splashing the water all over her body as she leaned over in the shallow waters, knees sinking into the rocks there as she stared down at her reflection, now morphed by the moving waters. The kohl beneath her eyes were such a mess. It was bleeding down from her eyes, as if she had shed black tears. She moved her fingers to rub it away, leaving just a light ring beneath her eyes before working at the grit and gunk in her hair.
The water wasn't too deep, she would have preferred a river, but this would have to do, so as she worked at her hair, she turned to Kaneo at his question.
She supposed she was clean enough and moved to wipe the dribbling waters off of her chin. She simply nodded. They had to get to Ainu, she supposed, so little else could be done here.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Czaranis

Kaneo smiled slightly, glad to be moving again - although he would have much preferred to be flying. He set off upstream, staying closer to the stream this time in case Ne'friss needed another drink. The Yoreiqi surveyed the trees around him and ahead on their path - they would need somewhere to hide from the beasts come nightfall, and the sun was already on its way down.

visualspice

Ne'friss was already tired. She was used to being carried about when traveling and found a nearby tree to lean against.
"How much farther is this.. Ainu?" she asked, frowning and closing her eyes as she tiredly leaned against the tree.

Czaranis

"Ainu? I do not exactly. Half day flight." Kaneo replied. "You need help?"

visualspice

Ne'friss kept her eyes closed. Her skin felt hot, and was sticky with sweat from travel. She simply nodded her head.
"I feel exhausted. I am not used to all of this walking. Normally my servants carry me when I need to travel far distances," she explained through a sigh.  Then she peered over at him warily. "How would you plan to help?" She studied him, he seemed strong enough. "Perhaps if you were to simply carry me we could continue, but I do not think I could go another minute on foot."

Czaranis

"I support...if need to rest, I carry in me arms, to tree. We rest early, now?" The sun was beginning to set, and they would not lose too much time if they were to make camp now.

visualspice

Ne'friss blinked at all of his garbled common speak. But she got the gist of it.
"Yes, resting now would be good,"s he said in a patronizing tone.

Czaranis

"Alright," replied Kaneo, and looked around for a suitable tree. He found one a little way off of their path, to the right, with a wide branch quite high up, and a hollow where it joined the trunk. He would need to make sure Ne'friss did not fall out during the night, but otherwise this was perfect. Kaneo put an arm round Ne'friss' shoulder to support her, and they walked over to the tree.

Kaneo looked up at the branch of the massive jungle tree, then back to Ne'friss. "I carry you in arms; we fly. Ready?"

visualspice

Ne'friss took in what he said, then looked up at the tree, then back at Kaneo.
"Are you sure it's safe for you to fly me up there?" It would hurt, after all, if she fell from it.

Czaranis

"Yes," he replied to the girl's concern. "Some Yoreiqi...no wings. I have do before."

visualspice

Ne'friss cringed, still uncertain about this. That, and the fact she was still easily irritated by his stupid accent. So she said nothing, huffing once and looking away.
But after a time, she finally turned to him impatiently and said, "Well, what are we waiting for? I thought you were going to fly me somewhere?" You know, like int the tree tops?

Czaranis

"Yes. Fly," Kaneo responded, slightly irritated by her impatience and imperious, condescending air. "I take you in arms, like child. Fly to branch - sleep." He stepped towards her, and moved to pick up Ne'friss in his strong, tanned arms.

visualspice

Ne'friss wasn't liking his attitude, and glared at him defiantly before he suddenly scooped her up into his arms. Then, with her arms wrapped around him, she had to ask the question again, growing impatient.
"I thought you said fly, doesn't that mean you ought to be using your wings?" Really, what were they standing around for? If they were to go into the tree, they should just be done with it already!

OOC: lol, poor Kaneo.

Czaranis

Kaneo looked down at her, somewhat annoyed by now. Looking up again into the tree, he snapped out his wings, crouched slightly, and leapt into the air. He beat them once more, straining against gravity, and that carried the pair of them to the branch. Kaneo landed, breathing heavily, but still had the strength to set Ne'friss down gently in the hollow where the branch met the tree. He sat down on the edge of the branch, recovering from the exertion of the brief flight.

visualspice

Ne'friss gave a yelp as they suddenly became airborne. She clung onto Kaneo, her heart racing within her chest. Once her legs were on solid ground, she turned to him suddenly and out of instinct, gave him a slap. Naturally, the poor Yoreiqi did not deserve it, but it was the first thing she thought to do, and well, while he was carrying her, his hands had slipped underneath the meager bead work that fell in loose drapery about her body, barely covering her,a nd really only giving Kaneo he chance to hold onto her against her bare skin. But still! Men were not to touch her in such an intimate way, and so she simply reacted as such, even when he had done so to help her. But it was evident in her eyes that even she was startled by her own reaction as she reared back, eyes wide and stumbled against the tree's trunk, which she had to clutch onto in order not to fall.

OOC: Lol hope it's ok she slapped him- if not, I can adjust my post X3 just creating more fun conflict :D

Czaranis

OOC: it's fine :p

---------------------

Kaneo reeled at the blow, staggering back slightly. What had he done wrong? All the Yoreiqi had done was pick up Ne'friss, and  fly her to the branch. He had even set her down as gently as possible, tired out from the exertion of lifting the weight of two with the wings of one.
"S-sorry?" he said. "Why hit?"

visualspice

Ne'friss's eyes burned, as did her cheeks (though her cheeks more with embarrassment) while her eyes brewed with a subtle rage. She knew he wasn't really guilty, but it was the principle of the thing as she threw her shoulders back and jutted out her chin.

"Because you were careless and touched my flesh."

And it was only when she realized as she threw her shoulders back her chest had jutted out,a nd was completely exposed. He would have been able to see everything; that was, until she realized it with a light gasped and then a growl as her fingers worked deftly to untangle the bead work necklaces and smoothed then back over her body, keeping her more modest, but still showing outlines of what was underneath, so it would be easy to piece into one's imagination what she had just hidden from view. Either way, she looked back over at him arrogantly with a sneer.

"Men are not allowed to touch," she said simply, while glaring at him. Even on accident. SHe was only for looking at, after all! And she rather liked it that way. So the fact he had actually gotten a chance to get under her beads, i thad her in a most peculiarly awkward and irate mood.

OOC: lol - she needs to get better clothing XD

Czaranis

"I-I no understand," Kaneo said in confusion. To a Yoreiqi, nothing he had done was at all out of line - in fact, he was confused as to why she was wearing such strange, concealing clothing, let alone why she was so angry at it partially coming off. As she struggled with it, Kaneo, thinking (completely logically for an islander) that she was trying to get it off, stepped forwards and reached out a hand to help her.

Tags: