Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Slice of Paradise [Goblin]

Started by Juno, May 27, 2013, 12:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Once she was up he gave her shoulder a gentle pat before moving his hand away, not particularly affected by her complaints and whining. After a moment's reflection his lips curled in a small smile at his thoughts, though, his pale purple eyes suddenly sparkling with mirth.

"Are you such a weak-minded person you'll let those things stop you from going for a run?" he questioned, mildly surprised that such an outwardly emotional woman would claim such a thing. "If that's the case you're very lucky you stumbled over me, I'll help you return to the village."

GoblinFae

Jypsei sputtered in disbelief. "Weak-minded?" she hissed furiously. "Any one of those things is enough trauma for a single person to handle, nevermind all of them at once! How dare you accuse me of being weak and simple when you're the cause of all this, when you stood by and did nothing but laugh as it happened. Is this how you islanders treat foreigners?"

She let loose an angry cry of frustration as tears welled in her eyes. Jypsei hated nothing more than being accused of being weak. She had always been so independent and strong and self-assured. But, between the weakness in her leg from the fall and now her unlucky morning it was all piling up on her to be too much. "I don't want your help!" she declared, though the statement lacked her earlier conviction. "I don't need anyone's help." Angrily she struggled to brush sand and tears off her face while attempting to back away from him. There was nowhere for her to go here she could escape her own personal hell but at least if she left she would be the only one to see it.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

Kanoa didn't understand her sudden, strong emotions. He'd certainly never encountered a female to behave in such a way before or outright lie so obviously and as amusing as it had been he was ready for the "game" to stop. It unsettled him to see her so upset and not understand what had brought it on, not even able to connect his actions with her behavior.

"It wasn't really a question," he pointed out gently, shrugging and shaking his head. "I didn't laugh at you, but you clearly need....assistance. I don't want to see you struggle just because you made the mistake of coming out here on your own."

GoblinFae

"The only mistake I made was stumbling over you," she hissed and sniffled. "Fine!" Jypsei sneered and crossed her arms over her chest in frustration and exasperation. "Take me back then. It's the least you could do for the hell you've allowed to happen to me. And don't tell me nothing happened or you couldn't have stopped it when you are entirely to blame!"

She grunted after her tirade, attempting to take a step forward and feeling fire race up from the arch of her foot straight to her hip the moment her foot applied pressure to uneven sand. Jypsei cried out sharply as her leg completely gave out beneath her and she fell forward towards the poor man she had been tormenting nearly all morning with her screeching. She toppled towards him, her hands grasping forward to latch onto anything in hopes of catching her self before she ate dirt for the hundredth time in the past hour.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

The dragon breathed a heavy sigh, fighting the urge to roll his eyes for her persistently sharp tongue. At least she was observant, or pretending to be. He was at fault for toying with her and making a game of getting her to be quiet and show a little respect. The trouble was, he felt no closer to either with her and it frustrated him for some reason. Who was she to walk into his territory and be upset with him for her own mistakes?

He hardly had a moment to ponder it, though, before her cry drew his attention and he saw her careening toward him. Without hesitation he caught her by cuffing her upper arms, gripping her firmly for a few moments with the briefest worry crossing his eyes as he tried to right her on her feet again. "Can you stand? Walk? You can ride on my back if it pains you," he offered, eyes flickering quickly to glance down at the foot she was favoring.

GoblinFae

Jypsei leaned heavily into him as she tried to regain her balance and brace against the fiery sparks of pain that raced up and down her leg. A soft whimper dragged from her lips as she rested her weary head against his shoulder. The pain refused to lessen though and only continued to throb steadily on. Each breath was just this side shy of a full on pant with the effort she was straining to remain still and upright.

The time for stubbornness was quickly passing. If Jypsei did not swallow her pride and seek help then she could damage her leg for good. The entire point of being on this little "vacation" had been to rest and heal. To take things easy so that she could strengthen her body and return to the Runners's life. Pushing herself too soon and too early as she had been doing was taking its toll.

"I cannot bear the weight of walking," Jypsei hissed through gritted teeth. Her face was heated as humiliation filled her belly in an oily pit of frustration. She despised having to ask for help and now not only that but she had to admit weakness to this man she had done nothing but repeatedly scream at. "Are you really willing to help?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

Guilt coiled in Kanoa's chest for her complaint, his eyes still studying her leg curiously. Had he injured her? Perhaps he'd played too roughly in trying to teach her a lesson, but the thought struck something deep inside him all the same.

"Yes," he murmured distractedly, tilting his head to peer up and down the beach towards the nearby villages before turning them towards the one she seemed to have come from. If she could hardly stand without falling over he did not trust her strength if she tried to hold onto him. "I will carry you... I'm sorry you are injured," he apologized sincerely, a sad glint in his eyes as he reached to scoop her up with an arm under her knees and another around her shoulders.

Tags: