Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Stranger Things Have Happened [Clever-Fox/Invite Only]

Started by Zane, June 09, 2013, 05:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

Glorious day, today was. It were mid-spring and for most of the day it had been a nice soft shower. Zane much enjoyed the rain, it were refreshing and calming. Not to mention it restored nature when it weren't in excess. But, alas, the rain had stopped and Zane found himself exploring the surrounding forests for various herbs. There were a large majority of King's Cross, an herb known to be a pain killer as well as very bitter, and a few Cannabis plants, A known calming agent But Zane didn't much like them. They weren't good for the brain.

Zane still had his hood up over his ears and his tail tucked beneath his cloak, La'marri had many mages that used herbs in their concoctions and even after seventeen, almost eighteen, years of wandering, he still didn't like to feel people's stares. It were very unnerving.

Shoulder bag restocked with herbs, Zane headed back for the trail to the town.

Klezmer Gryphon

The sun was shining throughout the dripping leaves of the forest. Being the middle of spring, there were bound to be many herbs growing, and Liarri didn't want to miss out. The majority of what she found was moss, which, while not having any major effects, could be used to bind wounds, as well as some wild fruit of various sorts, some having great medicinal properties, others having only a sweet taste.

Her pouches filled, she pulled her hood over her cervine face and started back to town, but not before thanking the forest for the herbs and fruit. Taking her staff from where she left it, she began her way back to La'Marri, the town she called home. Having lived there for three years, she knew the town and the surrounding area pretty well, so she didn't follow the trails that had been used for years by the residents.

Zane

A wide smile spread across Zane's face as he felt the soft pitter patter of rain against his cloak, it's seemed another light rain had begun to fall. This was why Zane much loved spring, it were a time of new life, of light drizzling rain as well as an occasional deluge. It were the season of life and new beginnings. A time for meetings of old friends and new friends.

"Trying your hand at philosophy again, eh Zane?" he asked himself, more out of a muse of something to do. He broke through the trees to the clearing that marked the road to La'marri

Klezmer Gryphon

The soft rain was comforting as Liarri made her way back to town. Spring was a wonderful time of year, especially with the soft rain falling against her brown cloak. As she lept through the forest, dodging branches and roots, she came upon one of the main roads leading to La'Marri, and decided she had enough adventure, following the path through the forest.

Walking along the winding path, Liarri came upon another traveler, who seemed to be heading in the same direction. Walking up to the cloaked figure, she hoped he or she wouldn't mind some friendly conversation.

"Hello there. My name is Liarri. I noticed we both were heading towards La'Marri," she said, now walking beside the other traveler.

Zane

"That we are." Zane said to the newcomer. Turning his head to see her and smiling from underneath his cowl. "I'm Zane, pleasure to meet you. It's been a while since I last visited La'marri. And yourself?" Though his face were completely visible, his more vulpine qualities were very well hidden, to most he would just look like a forester.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, to be honest, I actually live in La'Marri," Liarri said, her hoof-like feet clopping on the road. She looked at the road ahead, and then back her fellow traveler.

"So, what brings you to La'Marri? Is there someone you haven't seen in a while?" She asked,,hoping she wasn't prying too deep.

Zane

It never once crossed his mind that the clopping sound coming from person traveling next to him was due to a cervine quality. Nope, his first assumption was wooden shoes. Not uncommon, yet not comfortable. "Ah no, I'm mainly just passing through, I am a traveling healer. It's not really all that good for me to stay in one area for too long for... reasons. I heard that there was an outbreak of fever here so I rushed over. Any word on that?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Indeed, there is an outbreak. It's not too bad, but it is to the point where healers are swarming from all over." Liarri said. She kept walking, and pulled her hood over her face. She didn't like strangers seeing her face, especially since it might deter the sick from seeking help in most kingdoms. In La'Marri, though, she often didn't where her hood as much, as she grew up there, and was well liked by most of the town.

Eventually, the two reached town. It was a quaint little town, with a temple at the center of the main square where anyone was free to worship. Liarri loved living here because she can practice magic freely, a pleasure which her dear friend Jy'aad doesn't have because he lives in Connlaoth.