Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Price to Pay to Keep the Devil Away

Started by Lion, June 15, 2013, 03:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Coin."  A gloved hand shot out expectantly, rubbing thumb to finger tips.  The owner of said hand gave a smart smirk and if it weren't for the fact that this pair had proved useful more than once in a jam, he would have smacked that smirk right off her face.  Thankfully today he was in a good mood.  Tenran reached down and plucked a gold piece from his pocket and smacked it at the center of Bex's gloved palm and he took a seat across from her.  He looked over his shoulder and saw her brother casing out a few marks in the room while flirting shamelessly with a bar wench, all the while slipping a hand into her purse and pulling out a small handful of coins himself.

Tenran watched for a few seconds longer when the girl reached down a hand and stilled his slick fingers, her knee rising up to strike him hard in the nuts.  Baland paled and immediately loosed his grip on the coins, dropping them back in the purse and he receded his hands.  Or tried to anyway before the barmaid gripped his hand as it slipped into hers and she promptly planted a kiss on his cheek, smiling sweetly nonetheless, and saying something that made him blush.  Tenran laughed, watching Baland return to his spot at the bar, bringing a round of drinks for the table.

Bex put her feet up on the table and flicked the coin in the air before placing it into her own coinpurse.  She was a scrawny little thing, and was the splitting image of her ugly-ass brother, well with the exception that she was better looking and just a little smarter than he was.  But it was a small consolation and Tenran had never been one for semantics.

"Now tell me what you know, I don't have all day," Tenran said, shaking his head when Baland offered him a beer.

"Aw, c'mon, Tenran, can't we have a drink, sit back and chat like all friends do," Bex said with a quirk of her eyes. Tenran scowled at the sarcasm therein.

"We're not friends, you know that.  I paid you, now give me what I want."

"Tenran, just how come you always assume we know sump'm useful.  We're bandits, not gossip-mongers." Baland chimed in, turning a chair backwards, to sit with the back to his chest and taking a mug to his lips.  He gave a hearty drink before sighing ecstatically and crossing his arms over the headrest.

At that, Tenran actually laughed and sat back.  "I still have a hit for both of your heads, and  I could always do with the extra coin.  I just came here about the letter.  I know you know something, your kind always do.  And don't try to be smart-ass Baland, I could always kick the other nut the barmaid failed to strike.  I thought she leaned a little to far to the left and you are so conveniently located on your right.  If you feel your tongue begin to itch, I suggest you bite it."  Tenran smirked and placed a boot on the table beside Baland and the young bandit took another swig of his beer.

"All right, Tenran, what's the big deal about this letter?" Bex asked, ignoring her stupid brother.

"It's a letter of import to some young lord from up north.  One accidentally sent to another of import down here in the south.  Now my job is to intercept that letter before it reaches it's destination.  That's all I can really spare."

"Not much of a help are ya.  I'm afraid I'mma need more than that."

"Lord Elryn, young bastard, just reached his seat.  The exact contents of the letter I'm unsure, but it contains some very sensitive material concerning a certain young lady of interest to him.  Something I'm guessing he doesn't want to get into the hands of a Mr. Jaimie Rastognlir.  Someone, I'm assuming is of relation to the woman in the letter, but like I said, I can't be sure.  The only details I needed was that was who he sent the letter to and that it's on it's way as we speak.  Now I need from you are courier schedules and specific roads of those couriers.  Your bandits, you know roads better than anyone.  I don't consult amateurs."

"Well, when you put it like that, there are two roads leading into town on the morrow.  One's the main road, the other's a little off kilter, but a straight shoot to the city.  Merchants often take the side road 'cause it's faster and they can avoid some of the tax patrols.  Bandits like it too.  If your courier is on the way to town now, and I'm guessin' they're runnin' late what with all the rain we've been havin' lately, it's my guess that they'd take the short cut.  And hey...if you're looking for a little back-up, me and Bal could always use a few more shinies to line our pockets with," Bex grinned widely and Tenran gave a laugh.

"I don't give cuts into bounties.  Here, take an extra for your troubles.  And your brother's sore nut," Tenran said as he stood and flicked Bex another gold coin on the table, nodding to her in thanks and stepping out of the tavern door and into the rain that came down on the city of Galdersby.  Tenran knew the location of Mr. Rastognlir and knew he wasn't expecting any mail from Mr. Elryn, and if Tenran had anything to say about it, he was going to make sure it stayed that way.

He couldn't help but wonder just how the letter got sent in the first place, or maybe Elryn wanted to send it to someone else, or maybe had written it out to get it off his chest with every intention of destroying it, either way Tenran was pretty sure he didn't want to know.  He was paid to intercept the letter and that was just what he was going to do.  The rain was coming down fairly hard this afternoon and he suspected the courier was running late just as Bex had said it would.

Tenran drew his collar up and put his helmet on when he reached the road, a knight's helmet with some modifications made over the visors, namely tinted shades fitted into a leather band to wrap around the helmet itself and keep rain from seeping inside the eye-slits.  It never hurt to have a little more head protection anyway and with that Tenran set down the path, knowing the courier would come in a few hours if his calculations were correct.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

OOC:I wasn't sure what to post, but when listening to:Requiem for  Dream on violin, the post sort of wrote itself. I hope it works for you <3
I'm assuming a lot of time has passed since our two threads, maybe a year or so? Hope that works D: To clear up time line order, I updated the time line on the info page found here.

-----------

The rain would not stop falling in cold grey sheets.  The sun hadn't come out for days, and the winds were as dead as the town. Carts were left abandoned in the streets and candle light still burned in the windows from the midnight raid.  Hot candle wax dripped onto the floor, the last flickering light of the gold flame in the shop window flapping until finally it too, stilled into smoke. It's wax slowly began to chill, like the corpses strewn about the floor, the shop keep; with his eyes wide open, staring clean into death, and his wife, face down on the floor, black blood staining the ground beneath her; and their three children, all dead, upon the ground.

And the building had the mark, painted in red. Mages...
All of them were mages, a city almost full of them just North of the boarder at Serendipity, and rumors had spread like wild fire. No one knew who started it, but the God of War had come through, wielding a massive army of men. No survivors were to be taken. They said the killer o the former Grand Duke was amongst them, and they moved like rabid dogs. An entire city of mages... even if it were true, it did not matter. The trap had been set, the buildings painted long before their arrival. The hunger for vengeance... It spread like wild fire as the bell was clamored into the night.

"The mages are here! They are here!" he heralded, and even now, he and his bloodied copper bell lay still as death upon the ground, many stocks of arrows jutting out from his head, the words still echoing the horrors from the night, which still lay around him, as scattered corpses. The blood had long since been washed away in the cobblestone streets and the only living things that remained were the rats in the streets, and the black birds perched high upon the building tops, staring down to the rain soaked streets below, their eyes ever alert, ever watching, and she could see it all, through visions, channeled in song.
Stepping back from her room, this mysterious woman let the vision fade while a few hot tears slid down her cheeks.
"The city of Havanlaar has fallen."

~~~~~~~~~~~

She had seen it for herself. There were no words to describe it, but a cold fear swept silently across all of Connlaoth. So far, this had been the first real blood spilling, the annihilation of an entire town. And as far as her sources had told her, they were unarmed. It wasn't even that large of a city, of no consequence to the capital as it lay so far away. But there it was, in empty abandon; and she wanted to find out why. Rumors spread like wild fire, and the warning was clear: Do not mess with us. For if the mages were to try something, they would fall, just like Havanlaar.

The laws were ludicrous, no one could challenge them as the new Grand Duke kept instilling his more iron grip upon the country. In North, the mages were kept in camps, like cattles set to slaughter. And it was freezing up north, especially with the approach of another winter. Had it truly been so long since the new Duke had taken the throne? Had it been so long since the people were suffering in silence? Something had to be done, and she wanted answers. Her brother and sister-in-law had been in Havanlaar when it happened, moving North to help the cause in response to her letters she has regret sending. She had tried to warn against it, but it was too late. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and had become part of the rotting bodies all thrown into carts to be burned. They weren't even allowed a grave.

So now as she walked down the forested street, she moved with purpose, gun at her hip, blade readied beneath her sleeve.  Jinai had to stop the courier; he held the news, a secret that would destroy the one edge they might have on this war- a courtesan in the north who could see everything through the visions of animals, and she had become an integral spy for the Free Folk, warning them of what was to come and seeing paths fit for escape.

Through her sight, this courtesan had connected with Jinai's haw... and help avoid another slaughter. Another town could hve fallen, but unlike Havanlaar, she had heard their plans and halted this God of War from the slaughter. Though the town had been decimated, there was no one there to kill; just a small city, another near the boarder, called Rastarr. If this woman were to be found out she was a mage... with her close connections to the men at court...
How else would the Free Folk, those people suffering, ever know what's going on behind the closed walls in the Grand Duke's palace?

They heard the laws now well before they were passed, and increasing evidence supported there to be another potential attack; another city, possibly this one to the West, near the mountains. The question was, where and when? And were they able to stop it?

All of Connlaoth held it's breath, waiting to see what was to happen next. And she held her breath from where she was perched within a tree, eyes upon the helmed figure coming up the road. She drew out her arrow and bow, taking aim. A helmed figure.. probably working for the soldiers, the government. Her mouth tightened into a frown, her eyes growing cold as she drew the bow back, arrow steady in hand. She needed to make this count. And as she drew the bow back, she drew in a breath, keeping both eyes trained coldly on the figure; and as she studied him, a familiar metal brace came into view upon his leg and she paused, hesitating in her attack, just as another figure came down the road.

The horse down the road was moving fast. Shit.. the courier...

Moving the bow and aligning the arrow to the rider, she pinned her vision upon him. Was that Tenran? What was he doing here? Was he here to stop him? Either way, this was her mark, and she wasn't about to let the bastard bring more ruin to the people by dragging out this war. War, for that's what it was, Connlaoth against it's own people, people the government had no right to fear, hundreds and thousands that were innocent. And for those, dying in poorly maintained camps up North, she let loose the arrow...

And it sunk right into the messenger's head.

If the helmed man wanted to get into her way, he would be next, as she dropped out of the tree, another arrow knocked and aimed directly at his chest.

"Hands where I can see them," she said, her face cloaked behind her hood, shadow over her eye and nose, as she stepped out onto the road. "Or I'll give you a reason to limp in your other leg." And she lowered the arrow, pointing it at his thigh.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran knew he couldn't approach this particular task with any small degree of stealth.  If anything he knew that the courier would be barreling down this way in a hurry and if he tried to just jump him, the chances of him being rundown would no doubt be infinitely turned in his favor.  And he didn't plan to get his ass chewed off by a tired horse and a desperate rider.  So as the rain pattered down on them, Tenran kept it casual even as he felt eyes on him.  He felt his hair perk up and knew there were bandits in the trees.  Maybe even bandits that were in particular interest of this courier.

He was beating down the road at breakneck speed and Tenran waited along the side, not before an arrow came whizzing out from the trees and struck the man directly in the head, knocking him clean off the horse.  The beast spooked and whinnied wildly as he ran off into the rain, directly toward Galdersby where Tenran came from.  With the man dead on the road and the bag splayed on his waist, Tenran paused just as he was about to make his move.

He saw the figure coming out of the trees and paused as the woman's voice was directed at him.  He peered up at her through the rose-tinted lenses of his helmet and he smiled, recognizing her voice.  But it was a short-lived happiness as he saw her point the arrow down to his knee.  Right, all talk and small action.

Tenran didn't waste any time when he dropped low and scissored her legs between his and he tripped her up, locking her on the ground.  With legs still locked onto his, he twisted over so that her ankles would get twisted in the motion and he turned up on his knees and pulled out one of his boltguns, quickly firing a bolt into her right knee, left thigh and right shoulder respectively, before getting up and quickly reloading.

He put his gun away and kicked the bow from her grasp.  "High talk, no action," he remarked irritatedly and cut the belt from the dead courier, throwing it over his shoulder as he headed back down the road, running for a horse he had hidden off in the trees.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Blood was everywhere, and she was too stunned in the moment to feel the pain. But as it came back, it bit liek a bitch as she winced and sat up, watching Tenran's fleeting form. No action, eh? She reached inside her cloak, wasting no time wiht the preloaded dart gun and blew into it.
One with poison at his head, the other, with sleep poison at his ass.

Damn son of a bitch. If he thought he was getting away with this, he had another thing coming. ANd as she struggled to stand, she was about to whistle for her bird when she recalled their last rendez-vous and paused, shouting after him.

"YOU STILL OWE ME ONE OF THOSE BOLT GUNS, YOU ASS!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran heard the whistle of her darts, of something flowing near him and he darted directly into the trees, hearing the darts smash into the bark of the wood and he grit his teeth as he momentarily looked back but didn't waste any more time with this woman.  She'd stalled him long enough before and there was no way he'd let her get the upper hand.

The letter was his.  And he ran through the wood again, reaching the tethered horse and cutting him loose, just quick enough to jump on it's back and beat down the road.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

One bullet.
One gun.
It was time to make this count. Whipping it out as the man ran off on his steed, she pulled the trigger, hoping to hit either animal or rider, cursing all the while.

Lion

[It's not really a bullet.  It's a lead ball stuffed into a highly inaccurate flintlock pistol.  And he's at least already a hundred yards away.  Good luck with that.]

Tenran grunted at the sensation, feeling something sharp sink into his shoulders.  It teetered him to the side a little bit, but not enough to knock him off his horse.  He leaned forward and kept riding, off into the rain.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Yeah I know XD

STOP TROLLING ME, YOU'RE A LION DX
A LION *stomps foot*
MAN-ANIMAL
XD

but yeah, I didn't expect it to hit. It was a desperate act of Sheer 'I'm going to lose right now' SHIT-ness

----------

Pissed, Jinai threw down her gun and let out a noise, then collapse to her knees. The pain was unbarable. GOd damn him. Tenran was going to pay.

OOC: AND FOR THAT YOU GET SHORT POST XP

Lion

[Just making sure you know even more.  It worked.]

As he disappeared from the road, it wasn't long before Bex and Baland appeared just, emerging from Galdersby to move on to the next town.  They took the road less traveled, finding a horse run past them when suddenly as they ventured down the road.  "Oi, ye think that's got something to do with Tenran?" Baland muttered, still rubbing his nuts.

"Probably.  You know him.  Just stay out of it.  And quit touching yourself, you're disgusting!" Bex snapped and shoved her brother to the side.  "Whoa...look at that up ahead!"  Seeing the two bodies on the road.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai heard the siblings approached and swore beneath her breath. She kept herself low, making it appear as if she had been a casualty of the Tenran scenario, all the while keeping her blow dart clenched tightly in her hand. Should we act now? Or later. It was hard to tell if they'dbe friend or foe..
Though most people these days were nothing but foe.

Lion

Bex and Baland approached the fallen body and Baland knelt beside it, inspecting the body of the courier while Bex walked around it to look over at Jinai.  "Oi, Bal!" she pointed out.  "We got a live one here!"

Baland moved and stood over her.  "Damn, looks like his work all right."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai didn't waste anymore time. IN a flurry of motions, the dart was spat out from it's blower and sunk right into Bex's leg.
"Don't move, don't talk, don't breath," Jinai hissed. "That dart is laced with poison, and if you want the antidote, I suggest you keep quiet and listen to me." And her eyes looked over dangerously to Baland. "The man that just took off with the letter from the courier, where is he going? And if you can't tell me, I'll shoot both of your legs, then you," she narrowed her gaze to Baland. "I'll blow one right into your face." nd she was already working on loading the blower as she rose hereslf off the ground as best she could.
"Now tell me what I want," she growled. "You've got three seconds to explain."

Lion

"H-How the hell are we supposed to know?" Bex growled no sooner than when she was on the ground. "He never tells us anything! Ansgar's dick!"

Baland just stared at Jinai as she tried to remain strong and was about to blow yet another dart.  "You kill both of us and you still won't know where he went.  It doesn't help anybody," he sputtered, kneeling down by his sister.

"Why didn't you shoot Baland, first?  He's the idiot!" Bex snapped and kicked her brother with her good leg.

"I'm just trying to help!"

"You bloody piece of pig shit!  Just shut up!  Listen here, we were just coming to see what pickin's were left!  We were gonna take you to a healer!  Then you go and shoot us!  We don't know anything!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Looters who would take a wounded woman to a healer?" She kept a firm grip upon her blower. "I think I'd rather take my chances with wolves. Tell me what I want, and you'll get what you need. It's as simple as that. Not.."s he aimed the thing right at Baland's head. "Start... talking."

Lion

"If you're gonna shoot him, just get it over with already," Bex moaned from the ground.

"Bex!" Baland cried indignantly.  "We're supposed to be a team!"

"We are now shut up, big mouth!"  Bex looked at Jinai with sweat dripping from her brow.  "We really can't do much to help like this," she explained.  "He don't tell us much!  We don't know where he went.  Something about the letter not getting to where it was supposed to go!  I reckon you were after the same thing!  Only women pissed off with Tenran are his ex-wife and that other bitch that nailed him in some whorehouse!  Oh shit...you're that bitch, ain't ya?  Look we don't mean nothin' by it.  I can see why you're mad.  No matter, I guess.  I wonder...what's so important about that letter?  Can't be too hard to discern bout where he's goin' if he needed to counter it's destination!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai narrowed her gaze, but smirked.
"So his name is Tenran?" she inquired, her smile growing. Not that she didn't already commit that one to memory, but truthfully, she never considered she'd see HIM ever again, let alone have him try to kill her for his prize. God damn him. She'd have to find a way to pay him back.
"And I'm only pissed at him since he owes me a bolt-gun," and a dark sparkle lingered inside her eyes. "And if you can't find me that information out now... then be clever about finding it out soon. Your clock is ticking." She said through clenched teeth, hands snapping off the ends of the bolts still jutting out from her legs.

Lion

"We don't know!  But we might be able to help you figure it out if you just give her the antidote!" Baland said in a panic and immediately put a hand over his sister's mouth to keep her shut up before she could say anything to ruin it.

"We swear to it!  I do!  If you don't trust us, just kill us now then," he argued.  "We don't need you wasting anymore of our time.  Just collateral damage for your own troubles.  Here!  Take all our gold, and our weapons too, to prove it!"

Bex muffled angrily underneath his hand, swearing obscenities at his foolishness so hot that they could burn his hand as if it were dragonfire.  Baland just threw his body on hers anyway and looked at Jinai pleadingly.

"Please, she's the only family I got.  Give her the antidote."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Tell me.. how will you help me?" she asked, raising her head cooly and quirking a brow. She wasn't about to relinquish the antidote so quickly.

Lion

Baland searched his memory and looked over at Bex, who was sweating and eyes burned red.  She still struggled but was hopeless under the weight of her brother.  "Rastognlir...that was the name Tenran said!  Something about keeping the letter from getting to a man named Jaimie Rastognlir!  He was taking it back to where it belonged!  The original sender, something about a woman who would suffer if the letter got into the wrong hands.  We'll take you to the next town!  We'll help you find him!"

[Baland, you snitch!]

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai smirked, and reached into a pouch at her side, before tossing a small vial at the girl.
"Drink that. It will make you drowsy, but the potion will deflect the poison long before it can settle into your heart." And she stared at the boy, giving him a once over. "And who says I might need your help?" She narrowed her gaze. "What other information can you give to me? And be wise in what you speak, I have other poisons I can use without an antidote..."