Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Colonising [Clever-fox] [Mature]

Started by Brisinger987, June 15, 2013, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"I have a rogue Therissian angel to catch, good day to you all." Veraxitoc turned, took a bit of a run, and took flight. He wouldn't actually catch the angel. But he would damn well look for her.

Klezmer Gryphon

The Mountain Man didn't even blink as Veraxitoc took off. Shamgar was going to say so ethign, but then the Mountain Man said something.

"Your turning into quite the young gryphon, Shamgar. Your mother and father would be proud" he said, still whittling the stick. He wasn't sure what he was making, but it didn't matter.

Hearing The Mountain Man mention his father struck a nerve in Shamgar. He'd never known his father, and didn't really care to.

"Sir, I'd really not talk about my father right now, it's jus-"

"Why not? It's not like anyone can hear us." The old man said, motioning with his knife for Sha,har to sit beside him.

"It's just... I've never really had anything to say about him. I've never known him" Shamgar relplied, sitting down beside the Mountain Man, who seemed to be concentrating on something, trying to remember a distant memory, perhaps.

Regardless, Shamgar had never heard the Mountain Man speak this much. It was strange, hearing him talk as much as he was at that point.

Brisinger987

((OOC: For now, I will keep my posts to a minimum, as I sense plotting, and I will open the thread for a bit. Need new colony members.))

Veraxitoc flew for quite a while, and ended up in Adela quite quickly. The angel was gone, to say the least.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, Shamgar, you may not have known your father, but I did." The Mountain Man said, recalling how they met, him and Shamgar's father. He recalled the day, as if it were the day before, and started his tale.

"When I met your father, he was your age, Shamgar. Young, energetic, and hotheaded. He was good fellow, honestly." He began, "I first met him while I was in town one day, selling my sculptures. He worked at a bookstore if I remember correctly, and was good at what he did. He came to my little side shop, looking for a gift for his girlfriend, your mother, and asked me how much the sculptures were. When I told him they were only 5 gold apiece, he was stunned. He might have been young, but he was a generous fellow, and offered much more. I declined, and asked him that if he had such a generous heart, why buy a gift at all?"

Shamgar listened intently, eager to hear what all was to be said about his father.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc finally settled on his old mountain peak, curling around the unattended egg that had always been there. He knew it was dead. But he felt better for trying to nurture it.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar listened on as the Mountian Man continued his tale. He found it interesting how this man knew so much about someone whom he himself had never known.

"Now, Shamgar, with all that I've told you, are you wondering what happened to your father?" The Mountain Man asked, just about to finish his tale. He watched was Shamgar nodded, somewhat hesitantly, as if he wasn't sure if he really wanted to know.

"Alright. The day you were born, your father was called out to fight for his family in an intercolony war. He didn't want to leave, as you, his first and only son, had just been born. However, his family needed him, and he relented, saying he'd be home soon. I was there when he left, having grown to be a close friend of his, and I remember the look on his face when he was approached by the elders. He told me to tell you when he was older that even if he never saw you, he'd always be with you"
The Mountain Man looked at Shamgar, who seemed to be crying for his lost father. Bending down, he patted the young gryphon on his head, trying his best to comfort him.

Little did they know, they were being watched by another. The gryphon looked on at the pair. He was so close, yet he didn't know if the time was right. Regardless, he sat there, and waited.

((OoC: I got the idea from The Oddessy and The Illiad. Now.... What to name his father....))

Brisinger987

((OOC: Well you have the ideas))

Veraxitoc dreamed of nothing but endless water, boats and seas unknown. It looked like a different world. Slowly the waters turned black, and the machines became advanced beyond imagination, and slowly the world died. He saw machines taking to the stars, and realised he couldn't be part of this world. In this world he was dead. And it was the future of humanity. Thousands of years in the future.

((OOC: He is gonna dream of RotE stuff!))

Klezmer Gryphon

"Sir, from what you told me, I- I- it makes me want to meet my father even more" Shamgar said, tears flowing down his face, his goggles shaking as he was. It was good to cry sometimes. The Mountain Man sat there, surprised at Shamgar's reaction, but still comforting him nonetheless.

"Well, you won't have to wait any longer." The other gryphon said, emerging from his shady hiding spot. The Mountain Man looked up, and saw a face he hadn't seen in years. The face of Ajax Daedalus, his best friend. Shamgar looked up, and stared in wonder. Was he really seeing his father, or was this some trick of the gods?

"Shamgar..." The older gryphon said, savoring the word on his tongue. The last time he had said that name to his son had been years ago, "Shamgar..."

Before the older gryphon could even react, he was tackled in a loving hug from his son, who was crying tears of joy. Surprised, but happy, the older gryphon embraced his son, finally having found him after such a long time. The Mountain Man nodded solemnly to the pair, got up, and left the two alone to catch up.

Brisinger987

((OOC: D'aawwwwwwww.... Now. Toning the lovey dovey family reunion down, is.... *drumroll* Ro'le:tak!!! *ching* Oh, and Veraxitoc's RotE dream/nightmare))

Ro'le:tak observed the mountain man with an interesting curiosity. A man that was good with his hands... Exactly what she felt she wanted. She decided to approach, seeing the two gryphons. Maybe she could rope them in too.

She shifted and took the form of a bright blue gryphon, making the sex appeal as high as possible.

"Hey there boys... What you all doing out here alone?"

------------------------------------

The creature Veraxitoc was watching was devouring the world, sending it's minions to eat everything they could see. Men screamed, women became meals, and children were butchered in the dozens. It was horrifying. Suddenly, the creature leading the armada of flesh-hungry monsters was killed by a loud projectile weapon.

The view skipped forward a few months, and now the creature was on some huge metal construct. Strange lights and men wandered the internal sections, and the creature ran through strange tunnels with spinning blades.

Klezmer Gryphon

The father and son reunion was disrupted by the appearance of a bright blue gryphon. Shamgar was stunned by the beauty, but then remembered he was committed to Seh'lvah, whom he'd have to introduce to his father later. Ajax also looked, but he was still riveted by his wife's death to really care.

"Leave, now! I don't know who you are, or what you want, but you are not welcome here!" Ajax said. He always had his scimitar with him, and knew how to use it. During the Gryphon War, which the humans and other mortal races were mostly unaware of, he was the deadliest warrior on the battlefield, with the enemy giving flee on sight orders should he have been encountered.

Shamgar, remembering what Veraxitoc had told him, started flying away to his peak, hoping to reach the elder before his father engaged the stranger in combat.

The Mountain Man appeared again, having heard the mysterious voice, and instantly recognized it. The old hermit said in a loud voice that shook the trees, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Brisinger987

"Bitch please. Neither of you can do anything. I am immortal. And I am no demon, Mountain Man. You know me." She let off a laugh, and circled the male gryphon.

"Not welcome?" She lowered her head to look.

"I think I remember seeing your boy there at a castle someplace. I wonder if the phrase like father like son is true?" She let off a giggle, and made sure to brush him with her wings.

-----------------------------

The creature had fallen out of the vents, been shot, crawled back, and then fallen out several more times. The most recent time had been interesting.

He had landed in front of three humans, and a weird lizard looking thing it called a "dragon", despite clear differences.

Suddenly his mind flicked to a separate set of events, a man in a strange metal suit, seemingly made in a tank of liquid.

Klezmer Gryphon

"I said you shall not pass, angel." The Mountain Man said, stepping in between them. Suddenly, his clothes changed to a white robe, his banjo changing to a very simple, yet holy staff. The Mountain Man, as it turned out, was a Therissian god.

"I am Sor'valf, angel. I watch over the woods and forests, and their inhabitants. You shall not make trespasses in my domain." He said, his voice cold as steel. Ajax couldn't believe what he was seeing. In his years of wandering and Herculean feats and trials, he had never come face to face with a god before.

Shamgar had reached Veraxitoc's peak to find him sleeping. He saw the egg, but guessed it was dead, given the cold and the wind. He nudged the elder several times, trying to wake him up. As a last resort, he screeched right in the elder's ear, which did the trick. He'd apologize later.

Brisinger987

"Sor'valf?!!!" She instantly spewed out a summoning incantation, but nothing happened. Damn Kirnardaz and his blasted refusals.

"Hmmm, seems you got me when I have nothing unholy to fight you with..." She shifted to angel form, he shattered halo floating above her, and her wings bright blue. Just the angel that Veraxitoc was looking for.

"Well, you gonna hurt me? Don't tell me you came here for my talents?" She stood sarcastically, her dress flowing round her.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Leave, angel. Or I will finish where the dear Father started." He said. It was unusual to Ajax, seeing The Mountain Man this angry, but then again, he was a god, so he wasn't quite sure of what to think at this point. Shamgar had come back with Veraxitoc, and was astonished to see the god in place of The Mountain Man. Landing beside his father, he was going to ask, but his father just nodded. It would be interesting to see what Sor'valf, or The Mountain Man as they knew him, would do...

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc saw the angel, and fell into a trance, hesitantly plodding over in front of the angel, his eyes glowing a sky blue.

"Must... Prote- Protect... Ro'le:tak..." He spoke, trying to resist the charm he had been placed under.

"Mmmm, my dragon friend is back... Hehe... Bye bye boys, oh, and Veraxitoc? How about you drop them boys? Then come find me?" She turned and flew away.

Klezmer Gryphon

Shamgar looked on in fright as Veraxitoc fell into the angel's trap. Ajax flew up a little, and drew his scimitar, ready to gut the dragon if necessary. However, Sor'valf signaled for him to halt.

"Dragon, be free of the influence of the fallen angel known as Ro'le:tak. She is not your master." He said. He was much more powerful than the angel, and felt the spell disappear instantly. Making sure he was free of the angel's influence, Sor'valf then went and followed the angel, his staff changing into a sword he called Angelbane, with good reason, too. Not only was he the guardian of the woods and forests, it was his job to make sure the fallen angels weren't causing any trouble. If they were, they got the business end of his sword.

Ajax sheathed his sword, and landed, putting a wing around his son. While Shamgar was familiar with this dragon, he wasn't, and thus, was a bit protective until he knew for sure he wasn't a threat. After years of war and wandering, he couldn't help it.

Brisinger987

"Rrrgh... Maybe that wasn't my best idea last night... Not the first mistake in females that I have ever made. She's quick, and crafty, I doubt your god-friend there will be able to catch her unfortunately." Veraxitoc sat down, stretching his legs and nursing his headache. Angels weren't as good as he thought originally.

"The legendary Sor'valf though... Wow... A dragon god..." Veraxitoc rubbed his neck.

"Who's this Shamgar?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"Well, Veraxitoc.." He began, stepping out from behind his father, who finished his sentence.

"I am Ajax Daedalus, Shamgar's father." He said, sitting down. He would enjoy a nice chat with the dragon. He started to explain to Veraxitoc about how he was called to war the day Shamgar was born, and about the war itself, which ended after 10 years. The next thirty-five years, as he explained, were spent on an odyssey trying to get home.

Shamgar listened as his father told his old war stories, and also listened when he said all he wanted now was to live in peace, and make up for lost time with Shamgar, having been away for the majority of his life.

Brisinger987

"Well you have your father and grandfather now Shamgar, and your own son. Go home and introduce them. I, unfortunately, have, uh, something I need to do." He turned and looked back at the mountain, knowing that the egg had to break. Whether it was pushed down the mountain, or hatched. It couldn't stay that way any longer.

Klezmer Gryphon

When Veraxitoc said Shamgar had a son, Ajax looked at his own son with wide eyes and a questioning look. Shamgar nodded, and led the way back to the castle he called home. Ajax looked in awe at the architecture, and was even more in awe when he learned that his daughter-in-law-to-be, and his grandson, were dragons.

After a while, Azuma came in, and after a brief chat with his son-in-law, settled down for the evening. Shamgar showed his father to one of the guest bedrooms, opening the door for him.
"Shamgar, how exactly did you meet Seh'lvah? More importantly, how did you two wind up getting a son that looks nothing like either of you?"