Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Colonising [Clever-fox] [Mature]

Started by Brisinger987, June 15, 2013, 03:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

"You have my attention Azuma. You do not need to force me to listen to you. I will listen." He had noticed the pause for attention as soon as it happened.

"What about the Oirthir?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"You probably know by now that the Oirthir were, and I guess still are, given the fact that I'm still walking this world, arguably the most powerful species of dragons ever to have lived. So powerful, in fact, that any children we had with a other race, such as gryphons or humans, the line would end after the second generation. I fear that Shamgar's heritage might be slowly destroying him."

Azuma's eyes almost started watering up from speaking about this. He didn't want to see any of his family pass away, especially given the short amount of time he'd spent with his grandson.

Brisinger987

"Have you ever read Therissian lore? It is the religion of my race. And Seh'lvah's. It states that nothing is eternal. No god nor curse or trait can withstand the passage of time. Time is the only constant. And it flows and fluctuates as it desires, not obeying anyone. All things change when time dictates it. In it is a tale much like your own." Veraxitoc beckoned for him to listen closer.

"There once lived, in the lands of old, when the sky was dark with the smoke of creation, and the fires of life, a dragon. He believed himself ageless. One goddess, Ro'varrah, envied his ability. She felt that she deserved to have control over time itself. She felt herself above him. So, to try and discourage his ability, she cursed him. All children he had would die, in the same manner. They would be eaten by a wraith, in the form of a Wyvern. For years he tried to break the curse, to stop it occurring. The curse, was passed on to the rest of his kind by Ro'varrah. She cursed them to never have children, and for him to be alone in life. Finally, he gave up his gift, but unbeknownst to both of them, Time, had other ideas. Time wanted to see this race blossom, and felt that no-one should be eternal. Everything MUST end." Veraxitoc looked at Azuma, trying to bring the focus back to the original idea.

"So, time, being what it is, used it's magic, it's ability, to cast a dictating spell. Everything, whether god, dragon, curse or time, had to end. the dragon, didn't know the spell had been cast. He did not try for more children, and fell to sin, mating and copulating. When the time came for him to die, for his power to leave him, he felt strange. He got up from his deathbed, and walked outside to his wife. In her arms was a little baby boy. Ro'varrah, the goddess, had failed, and she had been ended, her followers forgetting her. She died, unworshipped. The immortality of the gods proven broken. The dragon got to live, until time decided that it was done, and knowing the curse was lifted because of time's will, he left the world peacefully." Veraxitoc kept a solemn face to Azuma.

"I feel Time will bide with you. Curses end somewhere. Time itself will dictate when and where. If time chooses Shamgar to be the final victim, then we must accept that. Do you know what Time prepares for? The end. Of all things. Time just chooses how long things deserve to continue. If this is Time's will, then know that Time will send Shamgar to the valley of paradise. If Time ends this here and now. Then we can rest. No point trying to change time. Things happen as it wills."

Klezmer Gryphon

"I suppose you are right, Veraxitoc." Azuma said, tears flowing from his eyes. He couldn't bear the thought of losing a family member, but he couldn't change what Time had in store. Feeling a little better, he bade Veraxitoc farewell, and went to spend time with Shamgar, who was most likely watching Methusela.

------------------

Shamgar had watched Methusela for a while. By the time Azuma showed up in his gryphon form, the little dragon was well asleep, and Shamgar had Seh'lvah carry him up to their room. Ajax had been in the library all day, and came out to practice his evening sword routine.

"Ah, Azuma, what brings you here?" Ajax said, noticing his father-in-law's arrival.

"Just thought I d spend some time with Shamgar" he said in reply, landing a good distance from the former warrior so as to not get injured by his blade.

Brisinger987

Xerordir had decided to explore the nearby valleys and mountains to his new fortress. Rebuilt via Shades, demons and skeletons. All for him and his seemingly new master, Senka. Senka held great power, but Xerordir could hold his own. The only reason Xerordir obeyed was because Senka held unknown power. Xerordir had no way of judging whether his power was more or less.

He arrived in Colony Valley too see dragons and unusual creatures everywhere. However, he was curious. He had heard from the trails of the dead, and Kirnardaz, who had finished a fight with Boski, the fallen god, and resided in his realm for a while, trying to avoid straining his limited time in this world.

According to a map in his own fortress, a castle lay in this valley, an old fortress. Curious.

He reached the abandoned fortress and decided to make himself look somewhat friendly. He removed his mask and hid his book in his bag. Even he had the sense not to mess with a dragon colony.

He knocked on the door, but to no avail. So instead he walked round the castle, finding the grounds. He saw an adult Gryphon practicing swordplay, and an Oirthir dragon. They were supposed to be extinct. And another gryphon.

"Hello?"

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma looked over to the gate, and saw a young man standing there. Upon seeing the black robes and the pendant, he knew almost immediately that is man was a necromancer.

"What is it you seek here, mage? There are no corpses for you to defile here." He said. Having lived for 10,000 years, he had a firm grasp on how to deal with things. Shamgar and Ajax also looked over to the stranger, with Ajax sheathing his sword, but kept it ready in case things turned ugly.

Brisinger987

To be identified immediately was scary.

"I mean no evil! I am simply exploring!" He held up his hands in submission. Dragons were viewed as god-like by some. Xerordir thought highly of them, but he desired no enemy of them.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma held mages in high regard, but necromancer a were unwelcome. To raise the dead and control their bodies was blasphemy, and he would not have it, not in this Colony.

"Leave! I will not tolerate your presence, necromancer!" Azuma said with a deep growl. Shamgar and Ajax both looked at the old dragon with curious glance. They'd never seen him be openly hostile to anyone, although Shamgar knew he put a whoop on Lydia because she deserved it, but this was different. He was being openly hostile to a total stranger!

Brisinger987

"Please don't hurt me! I respect dragons and gryphons to my utmost, and would not dare make an enemy of beings so physically and mentally menacing! I am simply exploring the valleys near my fortress!" Xerordir would not even try and lie to dragons. They inspired fear in everything. Not something he wanted to anger.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma relented, but he kept a very suspicious eye on the necromancer. He didn't trust them, not at all. His reason was that when he was younger, a necromancer revived the body of his best friend right in front of him, with complete disregard for his friend's wishes.

Ajax and Shamgar excused themselves, with Ajax taking Shamgar to the forest for more lessons.

Brisinger987

"I've made residence about 3 leagues south of here. How long have you been in the area?" Xerordir would not outstay his welcome. He would just converse. Secretly he wanted to invade the valley, but a colony of dragons was not a force to be reckoned with.

Klezmer Gryphon

"About two months." Azuma said, recalling the amount of time that had passed since he got here. The Colony has probably been around longer, but had been there 2 months. He was still suspicious of the necromancer, though.

Meanwhile, Ajax was teaching Shamgar the ways of a swordsman. While Shamgar got the idea, he was still timid when his father asked him to spar.

"Hmm... Veraxitoc tried teaching, eh? Fighting is something one doesn't just rush into. Even the dumbest of warriors knows that. Every warrior goes into a fight for a different reason, but that's the key: having a reason to fight in the first place." Ajax said, speaking as he showed Shamgar some simple drills.

Brisinger987

"Well we've only been around about a month, two months as well." Xerordir was feeling exceptionally awkward. This dragon could kill him there and then.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Of you respect dragons and gryphons, then respect their words. Leave, mage, before I decode you're a threat." Azuma said. He didn't want to hurt the mage, but he didn't want him sticking around, either. If he was being honest, then he would leave right then.

Brisinger987

"Very well, I can see I have outstayed my welcome. Good day sir." He nervously bowed to the older dragon, and left, walking rather quickly.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma watched as the mage left. He laughed to himself. He never was going to do anything to the mage, but he just wanted to see whether he was stupid enough to do anything. He was about to go back to his cave, but then started reflecting in what had happened these past few weeks. He'd found not only his grandson, but also his son-in-law, and also gained a great-grandson.

Looking off into the distance, he thought of what the future might bring for the Colony. Would it be one of peace and joy like he and Veraxitoc imagined, or..... No, he wouldn't think about the alternative. He simply wanted peace and certainty for once. Looking into the forest, he heard the sounds of his family training. It was odd, but the sounds of metal upon metal brought him comfort.

Not delaying any longer, the ancient dragon flew back to his cave, meditating on what the future would bring........

Tags: