Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Help Me Makeover My Characters?

Started by Brisinger987, June 18, 2013, 01:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

I am looking to make my characters more interesting and more exciting, and thus, have begun the makeover process!

Now, here's the catch, I am not as creative as you might think, once I have done something, I find it very difficult to see where the faults lie, and what to change, my mind just stops coming up with things.

That is why, I need all of YOU to help me!

I will be working through my characters in order of necessity, starting with Kirnardaz! Any ideas on how to make him more interesting as a character would be great, but note, I am not so much looking to alter his history, just add. Any personality alterations that may arise from that will be fine.

Not all the ideas posted will be used, and there will be a reason for that, but you will still be placed on the Thank You List below. Reasons may be things such as unsuiting of the character or they may clash with an idea that the character may have started with (the foundations in essence).

If you think you have what it takes, and can help me produce ideas, or have unique or original ideas for Kirnardaz, or, any of my other characters, please post them here!

I will only do one character at a time, so please check back if you would like to help another character!

Below is a list of everyone who has contributed, offered advice, and just generally been helpful in this process!

THANK YOU LIST

• Nascent
  • TheHighwayman
  • CastlesInTheSky
  • Lion
  • Paganchick

Lion

I think one thing worthy of thinking about is adding weaknesses to Kirnadaz, both mental and to an extent physical.  As in things that would make him pause and go: "Wait a minute."  Even things his enemies might use against him. 

I think an interesting point worth expanding on is his relationship with his daughter - or lack thereof, of course.  Maybe you can add his thoughts/feelings on children in general, maybe that's his soft-spot, and how does that reflect on his thoughts toward parenthood, his own parents in general, frustration on trying to be a good/model father toward his daughter but the futility of it but wanting to try anyway.  Is family important to him?  How does that affect his mentality knowing that he killed his parents and took their souls?  Is this a tradition that he wants to continue with his daughter?  If so, how does he prepare for the day - should it come - when his own daughter would come and kill him to take his soul should he want her to inherit his realm?

There are lots of smaller details to explore in this, that are worth thinking about, I think.  I'm not sure about what physical weaknesses you might add, that would be up to you.  I hope that helps!

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

paganchick

He is a demon so one of his weakness could be to holy power.