Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The cake is a lie (Brisinger987)

Started by paganchick, June 18, 2013, 02:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paganchick

'No its the fact that if you drop me I am going to fall.... Back down to the ground, and with my broken wing I won't be able to do much in the way of stopping it,' She said, the tip of her tail flicking back and forth slowly.

Brisinger987

"Then hop inside my mouth, haha! I'm kidding of course, but worry not, I will not drop you. You have permission to bite certain parts of me off if I do." Now he had an incentive to carry her safely. He didn't want to lose those parts. They didn't just grow back.

paganchick

Sapphira shifted, looking up at Veraxitoc from the ground where she sat.
"I would be dead, I wouldn't be alive to bite those parts off of you," She spoke with her arms crossed.

Brisinger987

"When I die, you can take my extremities off in any fashion you like then."Veraxitoc reached towards her, going to pick her up.

paganchick

"Just remember I am still injured so please be gentle okay," Sapphira spoke as she closed her eyes, preparing herself to be picked up. She did not like this, not at all. She would probably rather have teeth be pulled, but the situation called for it.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc gently grasped Sapphira's form, avoiding his usual clumsy habits.

When he had her in one hand, he walked up a nearby mountain, where he took a large leap over a cliff edge, and took flight. He beat his wings, and they eventually got higher. Not Veraxitoc's height of where most animals died, but another minute of beating and he would have been there.

"See, that wasn't so bad?"

paganchick

"What are you talking about, this is horrible," Sapphira spoke as she clung to him tightly. Her heart was pounding and her palms a  bit sweaty. She was terrified, it seemed odd for a dragon to be fearful of heights, but in her current form she could not fly, and she had already fallen from the sky once.

Brisinger987

"Would you like me to fly lower, so that you may survive the fall, or higher, so that I may catch you if you fall? I do not desire to cause you distress." Veraxitoc was feeling an emotion he couldn't describe. He compared it to amused frustration, he wouldn't be able to please her, but he enjoyed trying.

paganchick

"No, I want you to fly faster so this little trip can be over quicker," Sapphira nearly growled in frustration as she clung to him. Her nails, which were as sharp and as hard has her claws when she was in dragon form, digging into his scales slightly.

Brisinger987

She was digging her nails in. Ow.

"I will fly slower, higher, and be forced to drop you if you don't stop with the nails. Now please, stop digging you nails in, and I will comply." Veraxitoc grumbled but he made himself climb higher, fly slower, and loosen his grip slightly.

paganchick

Sapphira looked down, she hadn't even realized she had been clawing him. His scales were thick though, and her nails hadn't even cut all the way through them, she wondered how he could have felt it.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize," Sapphira spoke as she relaxed her hands so her nails weren't digging into him anymore. She didn't know if he would actually drop her but she didn't want to take the chance. So she closed her eyes and tried to not tense up again.

Brisinger987

"It's ok. I will fly faster now." Instead of complying directly, he climbed as steeply as possible, until he was between the clouds.

"Hold on now. This is gonna get just a little bit faster." He leaned into a nose dive, spinning as he went, the scream of his talons echoing off the mountains nearby.

paganchick

Sapphira's eyes shot open as she heard the screams. She didn't know if it was another dragon screeching  before it attached or what. She wouldn't think another dragon would attack Veraxitoc, especially not alone. She was smaller than he was a few would ever get up the nerve to attack her, she couldn't see any attacking him considering how big he was. The wind was rushing by too fast for her to speak and in this form mental communication was much harder.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc levelled out of the dive just before the point of no return, his gathered momentum at least doubling his previous speed.

He retracted his talons and smiled, looking down at Sapphira, who appeared on high alert.

"What troubles you Sapphira? Was it my spinning-scream?"

paganchick

Sapphira looked up at him, her head turned slightly sideways in a questioning manner. What did he mean his spinning-scream?
'What do you mean, spinning-scream?' She mentally asked knowing the air that was rushing past her would still her voice.

Brisinger987

Of course, she didn't know his species.

"It is the sound produced when we extend the talons on our wing tips, which have special channels in them that funnel the air in a specific way, making a whistling sound. When we spin, it creates a screaming sound that, to most creatures, is unearthly. My people used to use it as a hunting cry, to indicate a large piece of prey had been found. Sadly that time ended long ago. My people no longer live." Veraxitoc sighed. His voice was powerful enough to project to where she was, even with the noise of the wind.

paganchick

Sapphira could understand the sigh, she too was the last of her kind.
'I'm sorry to hear that' She spoke to his mind softly, she wouldn't say any more about the subject. She didn't want tot drum up any buried emotion for herself or him. She simply wanted to get on some solid ground and if at all possible, eat something. Then she might try to see if she could teach Veraxitoc how to shift.

Brisinger987

They finally got to the Colony grounds, and Veraxitoc set her down on the ground again.

"Are you hungry? There are many animals that can be eaten around here. I can fetch you one if you'd like." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Seh'lvah fly in.

She saw the human and came to land next to Veraxitoc.

"Hello there."

paganchick

It didn't take long once Sapphira's feet were on the ground for her to shift. She stretched slightly, shipping her tail around slightly but managing to avoid hitting anyone with it.
'I am a bit hungry, I mean, I have had a long day,' she started. She didn't think she would ask him to get her food though, in her culture, offering someone food who wasn't your relative was always in attempts to become their mate. Even if he didn't know this, she didn't want him doing it, it would feel a bit weird for her.

'I think I can manage my own food though, I might not be able to fly but I am still fast on my feet,' She said before she turned her head to the dragon that had joined them. She looked the girl over quickly, something she always did, almost as if she was sizing an opponent up.
'Hello, you must be Seh'lvah.'

Brisinger987

"Yep, that's me, and might I ask your name?" Her eyes flicked to Veraxitoc, who scolded her for suggesting that he brought her home as some sort of trophy wife.

"Of course, if you need any help, just say." He chuckled, and went off to see if Shamgar, Azuma, or Wallace, Finnegan and George were about.