Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Plotting: The Tower of Uthlyn!

Started by Echtronis, July 05, 2013, 01:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

Thanks, Ech! I wholly agree. What's a good story without some laughs along the way? Indeed. Urtok will make his way (probably not by his own free will...mwahahaha!) to the party eventually!

But first, he has a library fine to pay (though it's totally ALL Averella's fault) !

visualspice

Yeah, they only need like 500,000 gold or something :T
for all of the damage to the poor books
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Echtronis

Thats a lot of duckets to bucket for those books! Maybe there's a certain dungeon full of treasure they could pilfer?

Klem, Nascent, an oppertunity just arose, with Olive surrounded by a hoard of rats, Jobias thoughtlessly called for the Guard to be summoned... since magic was involved, a possible direction is for them to be arrested by the guard out of sheer uncertainty of the situation, and then later scrutinized by an authority that happens to be passing through Uthlyn, perhaps a certain Knight of the White Lily? Just a thought for a possible introduction of Kasna into the thread, not to mention the hilarity of Olive being beyond pissed at Jobias for accidentally getting them both taken in by the guard.

kleineklementine

Kasna and Olive should probably be kept separate. They're in a future thread together where Kasna is taking her to the Mage camps and probably wouldn't be so nice to her if she knew Olive had been in trouble in the past.

Echtronis

Ha! Yeah, good call! I'll continue on then.

visualspice

The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nascent

Yeah, what Kleine said -- if this is taking place before or very early during the Connlaoth civil war then Kasna and Olive should be kept from crossing paths (at least in any noteworthy, memorable way) to preserve continuity. Otherwise things'll start to get very timey-wimey and... well, that seldom ends well. Still, credit for the scenario -- if we can concoct a way to get Kasna involved while keeping Olive and her at least one step apart then we might just be able to pull it off.

kleineklementine

Oh timey-wimeyness. Well, if we want to do it Doctor Who style, we can just have them meet and then never resolve what that meant and still have them meet in the future and just leave it as a mystery that we're too lazy to solve and just distract everyone with some daleks. >.> I mean, I like Doctor Who a lot, really, I do. Ahem.

Anyway, I'm going on holiday in just over a week, so I was planning on writing Olive out of the action for a bit anyhow. That should let Jobias deal with Kasna for awhile, then I can figure out how to cleverly bring Olive in again when I get back. (After figuring out how to cleverly take her out...)

Echtronis

Quote from: kleineklementine on July 17, 2013, 10:42:19 PM
I'm going on holiday in just over a week

D:

I weep!!

Well now's a good time to separate them actually. I can totally see her going "Dac! I've got to get Dac!" and then lose Jobias in the panic of it all

AND Jobias has the wire thing (man I have a really hard time with writing "wires" for the thing every time, just doesn't feel like the right word), so that's convenient. Time to make a trip to the Professionals!

visualspice

Quote from: visualspice on July 13, 2013, 10:10:38 PM
So like, Paradox and I have been plotting and we started a new thread between ourselves that will (eventually? Maybe?) be linked to this event :3
So just posting the thread link here for those who wish to follow and read it for the lulz XD
It is titled: Lady of the Books
X3

Featuring Paradox's Urtok and my Lady Averella XD

ECHT
kajgdhaggakhfdakjfh;d
*flips her own self into loop-de-loops she's so excited* Great to see you're back and stuff and I just wanted to post this here to say my and Paradox's thread is still kicking XD
When you have time, we should plot since we currently have a couple of witches who sniffed my mummy maiden out and they aim to deliver her to Dhalekar soooOo, yes <3
Plotting we shall do (again, when you have time XD )
But the vengeful skeleton must have his queen D<

Paradox

And Urtok must have his epic quest of awesomeness. D: <

Brisinger987

Paradox

visualspice

Echtronis

Echtronis, after painstakingly copy/pasting this thread into his lab, applies the menacing, coppery clamps to it.

"What are you doing?!" Called the voice of negligence.

"FIE!" Echtronis hissed "I am writing a wrong- I should never have listened to you!"

"But you love me!"

"I NEVER LOVED YOU!" And in a fit of fury, Echtronis did a triple roundhouse kick in the air, sending a forceful wave of generic anime-esque energy waves to the large, imposing switch on the wall, slapping its counter to the the 'ON' side that quaked the dust off the lettering. Lightning CRASHED through the ceiling, annoyed neighbors groaned, and the thread upon the table convulsed as it felt the white-hot fiery wrath of electric determination.

"IT WILL LIVE AGAAAAIIIIINNN!! AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

visualspice

oh, does that mean you'll post again soon? <3

Echtronis

YAP, just getting some ducks in line, or in the rowboat, or something like that!

Echtronis

A new open regional plot hook for anyone who wants to be a part of it, to be added to the following list:
QuoteRats in Uthlyn! The menacing antagonist has strange, mindless minions running around, hiding in plain sight, all throughout Uthlyn. Some small, some large, most undead, some rigged to explode in bizarre supersonics! Signs of necromancy, or whatever the hell you can call what Dhalekar does, could be quite alarming for those involved with protecting Uthlyn, from the guard, to the church, to the Mordecai.  For you scholarly types, most of the metallic implements are riddled with strange runes that hint to an origin of a time before Connlaoth! Ooo! Mystery!

Missing Farmers! Necromancy has a pretty specific main ingredient, and as such, our dastardly villain frequently sends his freakish, Frankenstein-like ogre, Smiles, to send out and snatch unsuspecting farmers from the rural areas to bring them back for the lich's twisted designs, only to return them as zombies to claim more! Where are they coming from, and how long will the people stand for this?! Gasp! Revenge!

The Queen of the Tower! Dhalekar is a wretched fool struck with wild illusions of grandeur! He plans on taking over Uthlyn, ruling from it's tower through command over the dead, and to complete the picture, he wishes to share his dream with an immortal bride, whether she's willing or not! Perhaps a lovely girl from one of Uthlyn's famous brothels who was, or will be, snatched by minions of the lich to be immortalized as undead? Perhaps a black hearted sorceress, sick of Connlaoth's rusting iron fist held over mage-kind plays along the madness of the Necromancer? Sigh! Romance!  (EDIT: possibly being fulfilled by Averella?)

Dey Took Our Jerbs! Uthlyn's Vermin Exterminator Guild is starting to get an alarming influx of complaints about the supposed layabouts not doing their job! Is this a plot by terrorist mages attempting to undermine the efforts of the standing of the good non-magical man? Is there a new rival guild releasing vermin in attempt to come into the spotlight by saving the people from the disaster they secretly created? Can the Guild profit from apparent disaster?! Oi vey! Intrigue!

Presenting Unsanctioned Mines! Due to relying on outside help, Dhalekar's operations to retrieve metals for his growing army and his personal works have let themselves become possibly noticeable, which combined with the fact that farmers are going missing in the outskirts, it wouldn't take much thought for the protectors of the kingdom to deduce it would be worth looking into it if they are noticed. While still miles away from the hidden lair of our villain, we have our first viable means of direct conflict with the enemy! The mines are full of the converted population of distant hamlets and farming communities, toiling away with farm-tools turned into mining implements - some even clawing at the earth with their own decaying hands! If you got a character itching for action, this open plot would give plenty of room for that, there could even possibly be some demonic taskmasters present, more servants of Dhalekar's demonoligist ally, Xerordir! Oh my!

Also, yeah, this plot is kicking back into action. I haven't seen a couple of the previously involved people on, so if you're looking for a branching megaplot of "good"(Well, Connlaoth anyway) vs Evil, let's make some magic happen!

Paradox

*drags self out of the woodwork* You can't get rid of me! Hue hue hue!

Heya, Ech. Good to see you're back.

Echtronis

Paradox! Man I thought you were gone! Haha when I got back and didn't see you, I got the sad!