Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Lady of the Books

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 09:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

As Averella took the scroll, it kept unrolling itself, and kept going and going and going... snaking it's way onto the floor as Averella's eyes scanned over the thing in it's entirety.
"Goodness,"S he said when she got to the end, a dainty hand to her cheek. "There's an error, right here. You spelled Essyrn wrong. See? You put an 'i' instead of a 'y' and yes.. see that there?" ANd then to Urtok's question she glanced up from where her nose had been in the scroll bill, a smudge of ink at the tip of it.

"Oh, it's about five hundred thousand in gold."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"Oh. I see." Urtok replied ,matching the casualness of his "captive's " tone. It took a couple minutes for things to settle into his tiny but very awesome brain. Two minutes transpired and realization sunk in. The bugbear did a double take, "WHAT!?" He roared  , saliva hitting everyone within close range. The ground and walls shook in terror! (well, not really)

He snatched the parchment from Averella's hand and looked at himself. Stared at the funny symbols and snorted. "Five hundred thousand!? Are you serious? "

"Quite," the phony librarian replied . He pulled out a kerchief from his vest pocket and wiped the icky bugbear saliva from his face.

"How am I suppose to kidnap her properly if she's in DEBT to the library!? "

The librarian stared at him, " Perhaps you could assist her in paying the debt?"

Urtok paused to consider this, tugging on the long braided furry beard that hung from his chin, " ME? Why ? Oh. Uh..."

"You're a monster, yes? Surely you have treasure you've hoarded somewhere?"

Urtok blinked, "I'm supposed to have treasure?  Nobody told me that in Bugbear school..."The other bugbears had tricked him into thinking he needed to give it away to their random 'charities' . "Troll's breath...those hairy bas-"

"So I take it that you're broke?" The phony librarian frowned.

"Uh...no, no. See, I'm goin' on a quest. Yeah. To save a kingdom from...evil ...uh...monsters. And uh...if...I succeed...I'm gonna be rewarded. Yeah. Like ten times as much gold as this fee. By the queen!"

"....there is no queen. "

"The king?"

The librarian face-palmed. "Just arrest these clowns."

visualspice

As the events were transpiring, or rather, the dialogue exchanged between the pair, Lady Averella politely added in, "Oh, it's a Grand Duke that rules these areas. They haven't had a proper ruling of a King in, landsakes goodness, ages..."s he said, thinking it over. "Yes, I believe there was a great war and.."
Then she gasped, noticing a few of the soldiers were now heading their way, sharp spears in hand.
"Goodness! But I hadn't meant to do anything to get arrested!" she cried out. Oh by the Gods of the Desert, weren't they in a bit of a pretty pickle?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

ooc: Landsakes? What is she? A hick? lol....just doesn't seem like something someone from Ancient Essyrn would say . x3

ic:

Despite their protests they were whisked away by the city guard and tossed together in the local jail , locked away in a cell together.

"Are you sure we ought to leave the girl in there with that beast? " The first guard inquired.

"Maybe he'll eat her," The other guard laughed as the two of them walked away, "that'll be one less prisoner to worry about."

"Hahahaha! That's true!"

Urtok grabbed at the bars and shouted after them, "For your information, I don't eat hairless monkeys! "

He sighed and sat down on the cold stone floor, "So this is library prison? I knew it existed!" He sighed again and threw his massive hairy arms up in the air, "Well, this is a FINE mess you've gotten us into, book sorceress! I thought you wizardly types are supposed to have tons of money! I've never met a broke sorceress before. " He pouted and crossed his hairy arms over his massive chest. "Oh man, now what? I'm never gonna find the tower of evil and be able to rid my cave of those bloody pigeons. I can see it now...there will be bird shit and rodent crap everywhere!"

visualspice

Averella blinked as she stared up at the large hairy beast.
"We do seem to be in a bit of a pickle now don't we?" SHe frowned and looked around, sighing before peering back up again. "Oh, I'm not a sorceress," she began to say, when the loud bark of laughter from the guards down the hall startled her. It seems they had started a card game. She frowned, then looked back up at him. "Now what do we do? I.. I can't be stuck in here, forever, or I'll.." she fidgeted, wringing her wrists together. "Oh dear, this isn't good, this isn't good at all."
What if they found out she was really just some living corpse? Things could get quite ugly indeed, and she feared for what they might do to her boney-body once it was discovered. Thankfully, for now, she wasn't in the stage yet for decomposing.... but that didn't mean the time would not be near.
"This isn't good. All of this trouble over a few books I need for research. And it's been thousands of years and I still have yet to find the answers I'm searching for. Oh, by the desert spirits, is this ever bad!" And she sunk into the corner and pouted.

Paradox

"But you made the books rain. How can you do that if you're not a sorceress?"

Urtok blinked stupidly. Most of what she was saying sort of went over his head, however he caught the last part of her outburst and said curiously, " You're thousands of years old? What are you? An elf? But your ears aren't pointy....ohhhh. Are you a vampire? Cause that would be awesome. But I thought they were supposed to like...have a heart-attack in the sunlight or something."

visualspice

Lady Averella grew quiet and blushed at his statement.
"Oh... I'm not either I just erm... look very good for my age." she said, tucking back her lips and averting his gaze. Things were getting too awkward here and she'd rather not reveal that she was a mummy and idly itched at her wrist. Oh no... she just hoped that wasn't the signal for the onset of her next phase of decomposing. And here she was, so many hundreds of miles from her sarcophagus!

Paradox

Urtok was the dullest knife in the drawer, but he was still quite sharp enough to perceive her lie as she told it. He grinned toothily at her and shrugged, "Fine, don't tell me, but whatever you are it's probably not as scary or awesome as I am. "

He sighed, "Meh. That tailor lied to me! This disguise didn't work.  Might as well be rid of it," He lowered the cowl of his cloak, revealing a monsterish head that appeared to be a bizarre cross between a bear, a wolf, a demon. 

"So , what about this research of yours?   What are ya lookin' for? "

visualspice

"Oh, um!" she looked around frantically, as if someone might be watching,t hen peered up curiously to the creature. She flinched a bit, even laughed nervously, "The thing of it is, it's um, just a little research into the ancient history of Essyrn and all...er.. have you ever been? It's really quite lovely. It has a vast desert and jungle, and even an area there made completely of glass. It's quite beautiful. I've been there once, but it's quite dangerous. I wouldn't suggest traveling alone. And then the cities.." she sighed dreamily. "The cities really are beautiful full of large sandstone buildings and glittering streets full of every color." And it was there, locked inside her cell, she began to miss her home, a home that all but vanished some millenia ago...
STaring at the floor, now crest fallen, she grew silent, when a ratty man with a long ratty, white beard and only one tooth and a hump on his back came waddling over to their cell, wiping away tears at his cheeks.

"That's a lovely story. I hope you get out of here someday to see your home again. It sounds beautiful."

Averella looked up at the man and was taken back.
"Oh, why, er.. thank you." ANd she flinched when the old man began to blow his nose. It sounded more like a trumpet than anything.

"Here, if you need a kerchief, you can borrow mine," he said mournfully, attempting to hand the soggy thing to her through the cell bars.  Averella grit her teeth.

"Erm, no thank you, but thanks anyways.."s eh said, with a small and nervous laugh as she inched away from the cooky man's cell.

Paradox

"Deserts? " Urtok shook his head. No, he'd never seen one. He'd been in Connloath his whole life and for most of it, he'd only ever seen Hellvion. "Nawr. I've never been to this Essyrn before. "

The bugbear observed the exchange between the old man and Averella and then he held out a massive hand, "If she doesn't need it, I-"

"Get your own, you hairy lummox!" The old man spat and drew away as if repulsed by the idea of sharing with Urtok.

Urtok growled and stood up, his head nearly touching the ceiling. "Man, this place is boring! How long do we gotta stay here in library prison?" He whined. He looked down the hallway at the four guards seated around the table laughing and having a good time with their stupid card game and that didn't make him very upset. He found himself smiling a little. But then....

he heard a cooing noise behind him and spun around so suddenly. He pushed Averella out of the way and stomped over to the back wall of the cell. At eye level, perched in the tiny barred window sat a pigeon staring back at them.

"Mocking me, are ya!? Think you've won , do you? RAAAAAARHGH!" He threw himself at the stone wall and it broke, collapsing under his immense weight.

"Hey!" The ratty old man cried after the bugbear , "Take me with you!"

The bugbear tumbled out into the daylight and out onto the street. The pigeon, of course, flew away.

"Don't think this is over!" Urtok snarled and shook his fist skyward.

The people on the streets all froze and stared at the monster who was no longer so cleverly disguised. One man pointed at him and gasped , "It's hideous!" One woman fainted straight away.

Urtok looked around , blinking, "Oh...hey. Hi. How ya doin'? Nice day , huh? I like your uh....streets. Very clean."

The people stared a little more . Then there was panicking and screaming.

Urtok guffawed and slapped his large belly. "Gwa hahahaha! Humans."

The guards inside the prison were already out of their seats , running towards Averella's cell, "Damn beast ! He's escaped..."

And perhaps, if Averella had a mind to, she was also nowhere to be found. 

visualspice

Lady Averella's eyes went wide as the round tower of Copenhagen as Urtok bashed the wall clean over, and all over a little tweeting whistle from a bird. Once the dust had settled, she shielded her eyes from the light and peered out. ANd outside there was utter chaos. But at the sounds of the guards she jumped clean otu of her skin, whirling around as the guards now opened the cell door.

"After him!" they shouted, and one man remained behidn pointing his blade at the girl.
"And you, girly, you are NOT going anywhere." and she held up her hands in surrender, finding herself cornered against the wall while the other three men were unsheathing their weapons and racing towards Urtok.

"Be still, foul beast!" one of the men shouted and swung his blade at his arm. "We will take you down, monster or not! Connlaothian soldiers do not fall prey to foul beasts but foul beasts fall prey to US! Now kneel, you scallop! Kneel before us or face the consequences!"

Paradox

Urtok watched the little man threaten him ,brandishing a sword that, to Urtok, looked more like a knife he'd use to spread butter over toast. Mmmm. He rather liked toast. He started to drool a bit over the thought. A nice hot slice of toast with a little butter and Mrs. Jenning's fresh home-made Strawberry Jam. So yummy! He rubbed his belly and licked his lips , daydreaming about all the wonderful foods Mrs. Jennings always made for him (so he'd leave her be and let her famous jams for everyone else in Languish!) . But a sharp prod from a sword blade in the belly made Urtok's attention snap back to the obnoxious little human poking him.

"Scallop? Are you blind? I'm a bugbear! DUR!" He reached forward and smacked the blade away. It went flying high and free, spinning like a propeller towards a woman with a very tall wig that resembled a beehive.

Lady Driscoll was feeling quite fabulous today in her brand new wig. A certain Duke had utterly ruined the last several ones she had and they were quite difficult to replace, but these hair pieces of hers were worth every piece of gold she had paid for them! Why, everyone on the street stopped to stare in awe! (more like in horror or amusement) She knew they envied her because it was such a fine wig! Oh! She couldn't wait to show Lady Virleena!How jealous she would be!

It was quite a tragedy and if Lady Driscoll had been looking both ways before crossing the street as she should have, she might have seen the flying sword spinning her way. Unfortunately, she did not and her beautiful hair paid the price! The blade sliced through the top, of her wig, taking it clean off and Lady Driscoll screamed as the spinning sword continued on its way.

Urtok ignored all of this and looked over at Averella, " Hey! That's MY book sorceress! Give her BACK!" He shoved his way through the men, knocking only one and not pausing to watch all three of them fall over one another like line of dominoes. He grabbed Averella against her will (probably) and slung her over his hairy shoulder like a sack of potatoes again.

And off he ran !

visualspice

Lady Averella flinchedas the man's blade pointed at her.
"Now, now, there's a good guard. Just keep that pointed blade right where it is and we can be friends, hrm? I won't cause any trouble, see? I'm just as obliging as any other old-" but as the lady was rambling up a storm and finding  every and any excuse to sat to this guard s he would not gut her, the guard was knocked aside and Averella, suddenly plucked up within Urtok's clutches.

By now you'd think she'd have gotten used to this, but as the man ran, he had her upside down, nd her hair was coming undone and fluttered down in black, streaming waves and her skirts having come down clean over her head, revealing her tall boots and silken undergarments as she began to scream.

"Put me down! Put me down right now!"s he shouted, and as she fought against her skirts, trying to get them down when they were up and she upside down, other guards raced onto the scene, cross bows at the ready, and soon bolts and arrows were sailing their way, and it was just at that moment she had finally gotten her own skirts off of her head when she noticed the arrows and her face contorted into pure horror as she screamed...a nd screamed and screamed and screamed.

"Run, Professor! Run before the men turn us into pincushions!"she shrieked. The last thing she needed was to be full of arrows and to be leaking sand! Then everyone would know her secret.a nd that HORRIFIED her!

Paradox

"Woman! Calm down and make up your MIND And for the love of an orc's hairy sack , will ya quit kickin' me?!" Urtok snarled back at her as he thundered down the street with soldiers running after them. Out of the corner of his eye, Urtok saw the arrows streak by his vision, felt the rush of air pass him by a narrow margin.

He grinned like a madbeast and cackled, "GWRAHAHAHAHA! You idiots couldn't hit a giant's backside if your lives depended on EEEEEEEEEEET!"

An arrow found it's mark. Right in left butt cheek. Hot tears streaked in the bugbear's eyes as he turned the corner.

visualspice

As Urtok 'GWRAHAHAHAHA!ed!', Averella let out an ear shattering shriek. He had nearly dropped her and she was being thrown around like a rag doll. And his antics only halted when one of the arrows sank into his butt. She had a good view of that now, still draped over his shoulder as she gasped, placing two gloved hands about her cheeks.
"There's an arrow in your butt!"

OOC: Way to point out the obvious XD

Paradox

"Buh?" Urtok glanced over his shoulder and down after hearing Averella's declaration , "Troll's breath! There IS an arrow in my butt!" He started to tear up, but he kept himself from crying again. He was a big boy now! A big , tough bugbear boy. Crying was not allowed. No crying. NO! He started to cry.

He sharply turned down another street and into a narrow alley (which hardly accommodated his massive girth )  , knocking over trash bins and the occasional bum. The guards weren't far behind and one of them shot a second arrow into the other cheek of his hairy, aching rump.

"YEOWCH!"

He noticed a peculiar thing up ahead to his left, some ways before the end of the alley. There was a door and a wooden sign cut out in the shape of cauldron and painted quite artfully. The sign read: "The Gigianson's Sisters's Scrumptious Cheese Wheels and Practical Potions ". The bugbear squinted at it , unable to make out the words. What compelled him to stop suddenly and pull open that door to the curiously named shop, not even Urtok knew!

As he stumbled through the door, he heard a little bell chime above him. The room was dimly lit with various floating candles and the room smelt quite strongly of cheese and...Urtok sniffed. Rat feces? He looked around, wooden shelves lined the room stuffed with bottles of all different colors and sizes, there were also cheese wheels of as varying a selection. A few mice scurried across his path as he stepped fully into the shop.

"Shut the door please," an old, shaky voice rasped from the far corner of the room where the OLDEST and possibly the UGLIEST old woman he'd ever seen in his life sat behind a desk, hunched over an enormous book with a quill in hand , writing something. She was a tall, very skinny and bony old thing. She had a huge, long nose tipped with a wart and yellowed, spotted skin. Her long, frizzy hair was black with streaks  of grey running through it. However, perhaps the UGLIEST thing about her was her one eye, the other eye was missing and replaced by a gaping dark empty socket.

Urtok did as he was told and when he did (and he didn't know this yet) the door vanished!

"Oh boy, Addison! Customers!" Another old woman declared merrily and clapped her hands with equal enthusiasm as she hopped out of her rocking chair nestled beside the desk where the first woman sat furiously scribbling away. She was....about as ugly as the first woman , but looked a little more like an ordinary old woman. She was shorter, and much rounder with rosy cheeks and short, curly white hair.

"Probably just a couple of beggars again, Ethel. " The other old woman rasped, not bothering to look up from her writing.

ooc: I don't know where I'm going with this so uh...have fun lol.

visualspice

Averella, who was still perched precariously upon the professor's back, blinked curiously as they stepped inside the Cheese and Potion shop. She probably appeared dwarfed as she was half buried in his fur.  And from her place upon his shoulders, she peered around and noticed the rats and mice on the floor, and the dust and cobwebs collecting on the wares.

She lifted up a delicate hands to her lips and commented, "My, what a dreary place." But no sooner did she speak did her bones begin to ache a little, and she felt herself paling and nearly ready to faint. No, no.. she had better not be decomposing! This would not do! But then recompsing herself, she noticed something most curious in the corner-

a large, smoldering cauldron, so she asked the only thing she could logically think of when she said, "So, is this a magic shop?"
Perhaps that's why her own pair of old bones were aching.

Paradox

"Magic shop !? In Connlaoth?! N-no, no! Of course not,  dearie! We're not witches or anything silly like that! We're herbalists! Every potion is specially made from nicely crushed plants and flowers that we pick ourselves,  " Ethel exclaimed a bit too loudly and then followed up her statements by cackling nervously.

"Aw, " such news caused Urtok's spirits to deflate. His large, pointy ears drooped a bit with his disappointment, "I was hoping they were magical. Because that would've been awesome. Especially if there was an awesome potion you had because then I could like drink it and be even more awesome. I'm not sure if that's possible though because I am pretty awesome already... "

Addison looked up from her writing then , setting her quill down she left her desk and hobbled over to stand before the bugbear. She reached up with her bony hand toward her face and plucked out her eye.

"WOW! That's cool! Teach me how to do it!" The bugbear clapped his hands excitedly as if he'd just seen the best magic trick in his short life.

"A bugbear? Hrm. It's been a long time since I've seen one. You are seeking a potion, yes? "

"Well, not exactly . See, me and this vampire book sorceress escaped from library prison because she was too cheap to pay five hundred thousand gold for ruining a crap ton of books. So now we have a bunch of guys in shiny outfits trying to poke me with their sharp sticks. " He turned around and stuck out his rear, "They also shot me in the butt. Twice. I didn't even do anything to deserve it.  "

The hags looked at the arrows protruding from the monster's hairy rump then at each other. Addison popped her eye back into its appropriate socket and turned to her sister, " Hrm. We might be able to be of some assistance with your uh...interesting problem."

Urtok straightened up and turned around to face them, "Really? Great! Wait...how?"

"We're low on some ingredients . Particularly from bugbears. If you wouldn't mind parting with a few minor things-"

"Very minor. You'll hardly miss them at all." Ethel interrupted with a giggle.

"Oh. Okay. What would that be?" Urtok inquired.

Addison shot a murderous glare at her older sister then smiled at Urtok, " Oh, you know. Some hair, maybe a fang or two, some nail clippings, toe jam, dandruff, mucus, eyelashes, earwax,  a gallon of your lifeblood, one of your kidneys...you know, small and unimportant things like that."

"My kidneys?" Urtok frowned, "What's that?"

"Nothing you need, dearie." Ethel assured. "And in exchange, we'll give one free potion of your choosing. It's quite a steal! "

"It is. You're practically getting it for free." Addison added.

Urtok looked up at Averella, "Okay. She'll do it."

ooc: lol.  Pausing for reactions . Feel free to control the hag sisters though because I'm just making things up as I go!

visualspice

"Um..." Averella began to say, hoping to interjection some thought on the matter as the two old hags were asking the professor about giving up his parts. "Um, yes, excuse me?" But it seemed the conversation carried on, and her large green eyes simply blinked, a frown upon her lips as she adjusted herself from where she was still thrown over the bugbear's shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "You know a liver is rather important.." she tried to say, and then at the blood comment, "Goodness, that is quite a lot of blood." Especially considering, she no longer had any. But then when at long last the conversation did get to her, she found herself blinking again.

"Me?" she said, her lips falling open as she simply stared at the group. "I don't even think I possess half of the items they request and well, further more I'd rather us be going, and professor, if you could put me down, I am very capable of walking now..." she said, peering over her shoulder, "Oh dear.. where did the door go?" It seemed to all but have melted away.

"Oh..." the one sister held her eye up to examine Averella. "Is she the vampire book sorceress you speak of?"

Averella cringed as the eye was brought towards her, and noted the boney fingers around it and the goop and spider dangling off the eye. It reminded her too much of her own decomposition, and she shuffled uneasily about upon the professor's shoulder.

"I am not, that is to say, what you think I am," Averella began. "Now, professor, if you would so kindly place me down.."

And Addison's grin grew wicked as she took Averella's hand and gave it a sniff.

"Ah, she smells ripe as a corpse," the old croon cackled.

"A corpse?" her sister piped up.

"Yes, good heaven's, a very, very ancient corpse."

Averella's lips quivered before her mouth gaped open. SHe yanked her hand away, growing silent as she squirmed ontop of the bugbear's shoulder.

"We,.. should.. probably get going now..' Averella tried to warn him, seeing the darkened looks upon the two old hags. "I don't think they're offering to us what you think they're offering to us-"

"Oh, but we are," Addison pressed."

"Indeed," Ethel agreed, and as Addison stepped forward, she gestured to a large bone cage hanging from the ceiling, and then a cauldron brewing below it.

"If you'd deposit the lady intot he bone cage, we can take her off of your shoulders," Addison chuckled.

"Yes, and give you two potions for it," Ethel pressed with a purr.

"Yes, for we are quite interested in what she has to offer to us."

"Yes, ancient bones, withered heart.."

"Tongue of dust!" the second sister cackled,a dn soon, the pair of them were laughing and moving closer and closer towards the bugbear and Averella, cornering them against the side of their shop where the door had once been.

"So how's about it? A few helpful potions for a woman who has caused you misery," Addison pressed.

"Yes, think of all of the book fines you will be leaving behind!" Ethel reminded, and both sisters gave a sinister grin and dark eyed look at the pair.

Paradox

"Corpse? " Urtok sniffed , taking in Averella's scent. He wrinkled his nose, " Naw. I think she smells fine. Though she might need a shower. Smells a little earthy. "

The bugbear's ears started twitching even before Averella suggested leaving, but when Urtok turned around , he noticed the door was no longer there. "Uh oh." 

He turned back around and regarded the "bone cage" that the hags wanted to stuff his book sorceress into with a frown, " I don't know..."

They offered him not one, but TWO whole potions for her. It WAS a tempting offer and all they wanted from her was her heart and other organs that she probably didn't need. As long as she had her brain , she'd still be fine. Right? But wait...what? They wanted....what?

"Woah...woah...woah! Time out, Ettle and Addice-or whatever you're called. Uh...lemme get this straight. You want me to trade her for two potions ....so you cut out her heart?" He didn't wait for them to answer, "Okay. You can have her."
And without further urging, he did exactly as the wicked old hags desired and plucked poor Averella shoulders then stuffed her into the cage and shut the door himself. He even locked the cage with the key he was handed and didn't pay much mind to Averella's protests.

His end of the bargain complete, the bugbear spun around to face the hags. He clapped his hands together, "Alright. I'll be taking those two potions about now."

Ooc: Terrible. xD