Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady of the Books

Started by visualspice, July 13, 2013, 09:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Addison hissed at her mismark and turned to Urtok and pointed her wand directly at his face.
"YOU!" she began, hefting onto her skirts as she stormed his way, black heels clicking against the cobblestone. "You are the one we're after for now! You seek to protect the ancient one where she is obviously ours. Once you are out of the way, we'll claim our girl and be rid of you for good!"

Averella gasped once she saw the display, her lips remaining hanging open at the horror that was displayed, and as Addison was lifting up her wand and beginning to mutter another spell to turn the bug bear into something quite dead, Averella lifted up a near by clay jar and smashed it over the back of her head. Addison's eyes went cross and forward she landed , directly onto her face and went still.

Averella's eyes were wide at what she had done as she dropped her gloved hands with a gasp.
"I'm so sorry about that!" she said, trying to apologize to the poor unconscious witch as she drew the ends of her gloved fingers to her lips, as if she were about to chew on the tips of them due to all of the nerves shaking her body.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Urtok's eyes bugged out and he stumbled back and away from the angry hag, "Now just a moment here. You're the ones who tried to trick me to begin with! You weren't gonna give me two potions. You were trying to make me into rat stew and steal the book sorceress from me! And I need her because I'm too lazy- er I mean busy saving the world to chronicle my own awesome adventures. So, you're the bad one!" He pointed an accusing finger at her. "You should be ashamed and let me go because you need to seriously rethink your not so awesome life. "

He shrunk back when Addison lifted the wand and pointed it at him again, " No! I'm too young to be reduced to a puddle of puke!"

Crash! Something shattered over Addison's cranium and the witch crumpled to the cobbles in a heap. Urtok relaxed when he saw Averella standing there with a broken clay pot in her hands. He gasped, "Oh that was ....AWESOME! " Clearly, he was impressed which was rare for someone like him. The bugbear turned man clapped his hands together, "I'll hold her up and you do it again! "

visualspice

Averella stared back at.Urtok and blinked.
"You can't.be.serious! Besides," she said, dropping her.arms. "I think it would be prudent for us to.run!" They still had the town guard after them, after all!
"And need I remind you, professor, that we need to find you.some clothes!"
And as if it.were.on cue, she noticed a tailor shop. Grabbing onto Urtok's hand, she gave a pull.
"Look, professor! It's perfect! A tailor's!  Come on!" And she dragged him inside the tailor shop, and as she.began to explain the situation to the tailor, he gave both of.them a once over before doing a double take on Urtok before fainting.

"Ummm..." Averella began to say as she drew a.gloved hand to her lips. "That wasn't expected." And she turned to Urtok. "Now what?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

Urtok stared right back at her, " Well, yeah. Of course I am! What? You don't think it would be awesome?"

Oh. She mentioned the town guards now. Right. Urtok's expression shifted to a grimace, "We need a distraction- woah!" She grabbed him and pulled along to a tailor's, "What do we need to go there for?"

Inside, Urtok waved at the man and ....he feinted. Urtok looked about as bewildered as Averella did. He shrugged, "I dunno. I guess the sight of me was too -" He only now realized why they had come to this place. "Wait ...you want me to wear clothes? Pffft. Clothes are for humans..." He laughed and then walked by a full body mirror and saw himself. He stumbled back and screamed like a girl, " Why am I still that hideous thing!?" He pointed at his reflection .

visualspice

Averella, who had to keep her gloved hands mostly hiding her eyes (mostly, so she could still walk, and she was a lady, after all, so it was most unbecoming of her if she did not try to hide her eyes away), peered out through a crack between her fingers as she frowned.

"Yes, you are still a human, Professor," she reminded him glumly, and her eyes went a little south before she snapped her fingers closed. "And at least while you are looking human, you ought to hide the indecencies." If he knew what she meant! "It's hardly proper for a man or lady human to go without clothes!" She should know! She was such a human herself! (if even a slightly more dead version at times). And as if to remind her of her plight, her arm grew a bit itchy. Decomposing was really a rash sometimes!

Paradox

"Indecency? " He frowned and whirled around to face her, staring at her curiously as she hid her eyes, "I know what that means." He really didn't, but he was too awesome to admit it. " I don't get it. Why ? I never wore clothes before and no one had a problem, but then again. I was much better looking as a bugbear. This hairless pinkish white skin is so ...." He poked his chest and grabbed at his hair which was quite thick for a human, "And what is this? It's like it's not even trying to grow hair!" He sighed, "You're right. I look horrible and it needs to be covered so no one has to suffer. Including me. Hm...but what should I wear? "

He walked over to a mannequin that was about Averella's size and inspected a dress that looked quite audacious. Pink  , poofy and with so many ruffles and that it looked like it could choke a man, "This? Hm...people actually wear that? "

visualspice

Averella kept peeking through her fingers, and when he approached a dress, she gasped and stumbled over towards it.
"Y-yes, but those are girl's clothes," she said, lowering her hands and placing them ontop of his so he wouldn't consider trying it on. (Who knew, he might!) and she looked up at him with a pout and gestured towards a rack behind them.
"See those suits? Things like that are more gentlemanly," she stated, before looking back at him with wide eyes. And then her eyes looked down again and she snapped them away, pressing her lips together. He was quite an impressive man, considering he wasn't really a man, but really! how unlady like of her to keep looking at his impressive muscles and hair! The very thought made her cheeks heat pink.

"Let us get you into something more appropriate," she said, and took him by the arm and lead him towards the men's clothing section.

OOC: loool

Paradox

"Girl's...right, right. I knew that. " He coughed and tried to force his most 'honest' look but only made himself look all the more idiotic. "So, you wear that stuff? Huh..." He walked around the mannequin , "Looks kinda. I dunno. Inconvenient. I mean if you had to run away from angry librarians in this..." He laughed and then cleared his throat.

He stared at her hand on top of his. Woah lady. Like WOAH. Was she trying to seduce him or something? Well, he was pretty awesome so he really couldn't blame people for being so attracted to him. He would be attracted to himself to if...

He turned his gaze back over his shoulder towards the suits that she was gesturing to. "They don't look very...heroic. I don't see any swords or armor. If I'm on a quest, I have to look the part right or I'm not very credible. "

Urtok hugged himself when she looked at him, "Gah! Don't look at it! " He whined like a little kid who still had not gotten past his insecurities. 

His attention went back to the men's clothing. There was quite a selection and he'd never worn clothes before. He picked up a pair of trousers and tried to pull it over his head, "How does this even ...work? I can't see!" He gasped, his face stuck halfway down one of the pant legs.

visualspice

Averella's face went completely red at his statement.
"I-" but her lips only moved after that, no words able to spill out. Then fluttering her lashes, her eyes refocused, her mind came back and suddenly her hands were closing over her lips as she fought back a laugh.

"P-Professor!" she said, her form beginning to shake. "That.. that's... those are pants!" She said, unable to hold back another giggle as she moved swiftly to his side and helped him by tugging the pants off his head. She held them up and cleared her throat.
"These.." she said, tugging them open.. "Go on your legs.." she said.. looking down, but not TOO far down, before she looked awy and held out the pants to him to try again.

"And I'm afraid," she added, with a sigh. "This is not the sort of place that sells armor..."

Paradox

Urtok held the pants upright and then held them nearer to his waist, comparing the shape. "Hah! So they are. I also knew that. I just was...making sure you knew. It was a test to make sure those hags hadn't scrambled your brains. It seems your memory is still working well." He steppe into the pants one leg at a time and buttoned them then let go of the waist.

"There we -"

The waist was a little too big and the pants fell to floor.

"...don't go. Too big. Need something tighter. But I'm not gonna wear something that makes my butt look huge, okay? " He found a pair of white trousers and managed to pull them on. "How do humans wear these anyway? My bits are all...itching like crazy. This material is scratching my....and crushing woah..." He fit into the pants but they were a little too tight. He modeled for her, hobbling like he had a stick right up his...

"How is this now?"

visualspice

Averella was trying her best to keep up with him, suggesting a pair of pants here or there, and trying to remind him just how he ought to wear them. But once he got the last pair of pants on with no problems in tow, she found herself almost going cross eyed as she stared at him.. and stared and stared.

"Y-you you.. um... um.. need a.. a shirt.." she said, backing away as she stuttered over her words. But when her hands failed to plant on something to give her weight, she suddenly leaned into nothing when she thought there ws something, and with a scream, she fell over into a pile of her own skirts upon the floor.

Paradox

"Oh man, you mean there's MORE!? We're never getting out of here, are we?" Urtok was on the verge of freaking out here, but all he had to do is remind himself that in order to be awesome, you couldn't lose your cool. He clapped his hands together, "Shirt. Got it. " He narrowed his eyes and put on a serious game face.

He started scanning for potential shirts to match the gray trousers he'd selected when he noticed her giving him weird looks and suddenly forgetting how to walk. "Uh...." Normally, Urtok hardly paid much attention to these things because humans were weird and almost impossible for him to try to even understand but she was his book sorceress, he thought, and he should probably make sure that the witches really had not scrambled her brains.

When she collapsed sitting atop a pile of skirts, he nodded, "Well, I guess if you need to take a breather while I figure this out here. "  He turned his attention back to the shirt hunt and finally found something he thought might have been acceptable , "How about his bad boy?" He held up a blue vest with mock silver buttons and a long-sleeved white shirt beneath it. " It's the color of a frozen troll sac. Well, the top shirt thing is kinda  anyway."

What an attractive description!

visualspice

"Um.." Averella said, simply staring and not sure what to say to that. "I'm sure it'll look very nice. Just put it on, we haven't got much time. Don't forget the guards are after us!"

Paradox

"Okay, okay. " He pulled the shirt over his his head and struggled with the buttons, missing one and making the rest of the job crooked. He pulled the vest over that and buttoned it even worse than the shirt. "There. Done." He said proudly, admiring himself . Damn did he make human clothes look awesome!

He still didn't like being stuck in a puny , hairless man -baby body though!

visualspice

"Um.." Averella blinked at his patch work, horribly uneven attempt at buttoning up his clothes. She drew her gloved hands to her lips before moving forward and pointing out, "I think you've missed a few spots with the button. In fact, you might want to try that again.." She said, clearing her throat and then gesturing towards a mannequin that displayed the 'correct' way his shirt ought to look. "See how the buttons align here? Your shirt should do the same."

Paradox

Urtok looked down at his crooked button job and then at the mannequin. He looked back to himself and then at the mannequin again. "Really? Looks the same to me." He shrugged and unbuttoned the shirt and tried it again.

The second try was even worse than the first. "Why are these things so complicated? Why does it even matter anyway? It's on, isn't it? "

visualspice

"Oh dear.." Averella said. Realizing he would need some help, she stepped forward.
"Here, hold still. I believe I should be able to fix that for you."
Though even she almost messed it up, had to rebutton the first try, before finally getting it properly closed.
"There!" she said, smiling triumphantly, her eyes shining. "Nice and neat and ready for us to.." and there she paused to realized, as she released a soft, smiling sigh ad scratched nervously at the back o fher head. "You're all ready for us to run from the guards more appropriately now."
And what an awkward phrase that was!
But then she paused to realize with a gasp.. "Oh! You're feet!" as she pointed down at his poor, bare toes. They were probably freezing!

Paradox

"It's fine," Urtok protested but he stood still and let her rebutton his shirt for him. He looked down at her work and then lifted his eyes to look at her with a look in his eyes that seemed to say , "Oh."  Now he realized what she meant and he opened his mouth to say something, closed it, opened it again, closed it again and then shook his head and blushed sheepishly because he couldn't find the words to argue against her. She was right and made him look like a fool. "Er. Thanks."

Then she mentioned the guards and Urtok frowned, "But running away isn't heroic. It's cowardly. I need -"

She distracted him with another exclamation. He looked down at his feet and wiggled his toes. "Aside from not having claws or a lot of hair, what's wrong with them?" He looked over at her, looking confused.

visualspice

Blinking, she peered up at Urtok.
"But you could get sick! Or you could step on something that could cut them!" She furrowed her brow and tapped a finger to her lip as she thought.
"No, we'll have to see what we can do about that. But I'm not familiar with this city. I don't know where we ought to look to find a shoe maker..."
And just as she was thinking it over, her eyes fell upon the passed out tailor's feet.

Oh! She shouldn't be thinking about it! But hse was...
and she was curious if the tailor's size was anywhere close to Urtok's..
But no! How unlady like that would be! So she snapped her mouth shut and simply sighed.

"Yes.. we ought to find a shoe maker's shop." And then she opened her coin purse and began to fish around for some money to leave here for Urtok's clothes. Once she found enough coin, she bent over the tailor's fallen form and placed a few coins ontop of his chest.

"There." She adjusted her hair that had fallen into her face and released a breath. "That ought to pay for your clothes." And she glanced over at him. "But we should go quickly if we want to be discrete about getting you some boots." Lest she remind him again about the guards.

Paradox

He stared at her, looking unsure. He really knew nothing about being human , "Really?" But when he considered it, he supposed that her claims made sense . Humans were pretty hairless and weak. AND ugly.

He rubbed his goatee-clad chin thoughtfully, "A shoemaker? Shoes...ohhhh. Right. I need shoes. Boots. Gotcha." He nodded and then looked over at the unconscious tailor. "Think I could take his?" He went over to the poor man and tugged one boot off the tailor's foot. He tried putting the shoe on but ," Nope. Too small." He  set the boot down next to the tailor and then wrinkled his nose at Averella when he saw her dropping coins on the man.

"If you had coins, why the heck didn't you pay your library fee?" He studied her coinpurse with a frown. Admittedly, it did look a little too puny to hold much in it. He shrugged at her though. Man, was she weird!

"So...where do we find a shoemaker?" He inquired as the left the tailor. He looked around and then pointed at a sign shaped like a shoe across the street. "Hey, what about that place?"