Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What is Home? [Brisinger987 and maybe another Dwaggie(Dragon)]

Started by Scythe-Nova, July 16, 2013, 08:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scythe-Nova

While eavesdropping on some humans Hari'lah had heard of a dragon colony somewhere in the Terrin Mountains it had piqued her her interest and she intended to investigate these rumors and maybe even find a place there, It was some time since she last saw Ten'ou her "Mother" and she guessed that it was time to find home in a colony. She would miss her mother but there was an itch inside of her that told her to travel and explore the Skies and lands of this world, She was sure she would see her mother some day again but that was for another day. Today she soared through the skies as her mother had taught her, feeling the wind lick at her wings and how the wind spoke to her telling her about the skies and what they held it was one of the many things that Ten'ou had taught her.

"I can't feel the beating of wings other than mine... is there really a colony in these mountains?"

She thought to herself as she dove through some clouds before stopping and looking around on the mountain and thats when she felt it, The beating of great wings it felt just like when Ten'ou was flying next to her but much stronger and not as gentle as her mother. She looked around for that presence and slowly made her way towards the nearest mountainridge to land on. She certainly hoped that she had not intruded upon someones territory, especially if that someone was very territorial.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc had flown around with Methusela for most of the day, showing him the area, and talking him over flight. He was still teething, but he was at the learning curve. He would learn things very quickly, and in the last few days, had grasped the Common Tongue of man, and even taken on board some dragon information. He was nearly ready to fly.

"Uncle Ver?" The youngling looked up at Veraxitoc with some urgency that worried Veraxitoc.

"Yes Methusela?" Veraxitoc only briefly looked at the boy, who was just slightly bigger than Shamgar.

"I'm thirsty." Veraxitoc's heart missed a beat in worry.

"Methusela, next time you need a drink, don't look like you're going to blow up if we don't land in, like, three seconds of you asking." Veraxitoc was extremely unimpressed.

He landed in Colony Valley, showing Methusela what a spinning screech sounded and felt like. Veraxitoc would attract attention doing that.

They landed by the lake, and Methusela went to get a drink.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma had been in his cave meditating the majority of the day. Ajax and Shamgar were practicing the arts of war in the forests, so he had nothing better to do. Feeling the urge to stretch his legs, he uncoiled himself, and left his cave, a massive roar sounding as he left his cave to announce his arrival. As he had no wings, he was a silent flyer, using instead powerful magic to fly. He noticed another creature entering the area, but in his old age, he couldn't tell if it was a bird, a gryphon, or another dragon at that distance.

Scythe-Nova

-"Hmmm?"

She heard it that familiar sound of a dragon she followed the noise and her eyes landed upon the black dragon, at first she was a bit scared of the black dragon untill she saw the much smaller dragon at it's side. She let out a mental sigh of relief as she folded her wings along her back and began making her way across the mountainous terrain towards the place that the black dragon were going moving very fast across the terrain climbing, jumping and slithering past obstacles as if she was born for it. She felt so very natural at moving in this terrain much to her own suprise actually, She paused as she had gotten to the edge of the valley not far from the lake to look up into the sky as she felt another presence again but she did not feel any wingbeats it was a new and very unnerving feeling to her.

"That's strange.. Well hopefully it's nothing bad.."

She thought to herself as she hopped down from the rock she was climbing and landed on the grass in the valley, Her travel along the rocky terrain was probably hard to follow as her scales made her blend into the terrain some times. She looked towards the two dragons at the lake and thought of how she should approach them but struggled as she had not socialized much with other dragons before, though she made no effort to hide herself so that if they saw her they wouldn't think she was prowling.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc heard the roar as he came to land, but knew it meant as a let-know, nothing sinister or warning. And Methusela was the first to notice the dragon on the mountainside.

"Uncle Ver? Who's that on the mountain? It doesn't look like my great-grandpa, or Ornusjalil, or my mum..." The boy pointed like a dog, and flared his wings. He would learn to fly in the next few days. Veraxitoc would have to teach him how. Despite the basic wing structure being the same, a Crystal-back and a Nightspinner flying was completely different. He had been carried by both, and it felt so unique.

"I don't know Methusela. I don't recognise them either. Only type of dragon I can think of being coloured that way is a Thunderblack. Don't know any others that are obsidian black. Not that aren't extinct anyways. It couldn't be a Volcanic. I watched them die out." Veraxitoc would teach Methusela a lot of stuff, no doubt more than Shamgar or Seh'lvah possibly could.

"Who goes there?? Be you friend or foe??" Veraxitoc's voice boomed over the valley, and no doubt Azuma would come to see why Veraxitoc was making a racket.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma landed next to Veraxitoc and Methusela, nodding to them both. He coiled around a nearby tree, which was a habit of his, similar to an old human using a cane. Despite his immense power and physical strength, he was old, and he knew it.

"Veraxitoc, I do believe there is a new-comer in our lands." he said, embracing Methusela when he came for a hug. He loved children, and hoped that someday his great grandson had some of his own.

Scythe-Nova

Wow that was a loud voice thought Hari'lah as she snapped out of her thoughts when the black dragon adressed her and she seemed a bit startled before regaining her composure and took a few steps foward and lowered her head in a greeting.

-"Ummm well friend i guess.. ah sorry i am Hari'lah"

She was a bit nervous in the presence of such a large and old dragon, and that other dragon was something Hari'lah had never seen no wings and it could still fly? Her wings shifted a bit as if she were uncomfortable but she kept her eyes on the large black dragon, Ten'ou had at least taught her some manners but as she was not that good at talking other dragons and she was a bit akward at those times.

Brisinger987

"If you are friend, come closer, and show that you are willing on our territory." Territory rules still applied, much like trespassing in humans. He would not stand for a breached territory. In all truth, he meant "come and adopt a submissive pose until we say you can leave it", as was the way with his kind.

"Azuma... Do you recognise the type of dragon she is?" Methusela laid in the shade of the tree, keeping cool.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Hmmmm......" Azuma muttered, scratching his chin. He was trying to recall where he had seen that kind of dragon before. He uncoiled from the tree, and started circling the new comer. She wasn't very old, that was for sure.

"You said your name was Hari'lah? You certainly don't look like a Storm Dragon, at least not from what I see." He said, breaking his circle, and coiling around another tree.

Scythe-Nova

She nodded at the black dragon and walked over so that she were but a couple of feet away from him and sat down, now that she was close the green crest on her chest was plainly visible one could easily look upon it and study it. When the strange dragon circled her she followed him with her eyes but did not turn her head before looking back at the black dragon.

-"Hari'lah is the name i was given by Ten'ou who raised me, As for my lineage i am a Volcanic Drgon... Most likely the very last one"

The last part she said with some sadness in her voice but she did not shy away from the larger dragons and looked at them silently afterwards, Surely the name of her mother Ten'ou would be familiar to one of them as she was very old and very powerful she was known as the Storm Queen of Adela.

Brisinger987

"You are right there, you should be the last." Veraxitoc knew the feeling.

"What brings you to our colony?" Veraxitoc wanted to know why she was here. If she was here claiming some long forgotten territory, she would have to contend with him.

"Uncle Ver. She doesn't smell right. She smells odd. Are we sure she is a dragon?"

Klezmer Gryphon

"She is a dragon, Methusela." Azuma said, yawning. In his old age, he couldn't do as much as he used to, although he guessed it was more because he let himself get lazy. Regardless, he tried staying awake long enough to hear what the youngster had to say.

Scythe-Nova

-"I was curious, i had heard a rumor that there were a Colony here in the mountains so i wanted to investigate it"

She said as she looked at the Black dragon with a honest gaze as she sat there, She did not seem to take the small dragons comment very serious as she thought that he must be very young. She shifted her gaze towards the other dragon observing him yawn and thought of just how old he must be, But she shifted her gaze back at the black dragon and focused on him as he seemed to be the one in charge here.

-"I did not meet many dragons as i traveled with my mother, i apologize if i have trespassed..."

She said and lowered her head and closed her eyes as a sign of apology, Ten'ou had taught her much about apologizing in advance and much about manners along with much draconic history.

Brisinger987

"Were you interested in joining then? I am willing to discuss this with you, I have no qualms, just need to know one or two things and then we are done." Veraxitoc felt that she was being more nostalgic than him. He had given up learning old signals like that. Common Tongue apologies were so much easier to do.

Methusela copied, which, unbeknownst to Methusela, meant forgiveness. And Veraxitoc felt that was fair enough.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma watched on, albeit half the time he was trying to keep from falling asleep. Indeed, he showed signs of great age, even for a dragon. He had a cracked horn, some missing teeth, and his scales were dulled with time. However, he listened on, and was about to say something when the girl explained why she was there. However, he kept quiet, and decided to let Veraxitoc talk.

Scythe-Nova

Hari'Lah rasied her head after some seconds and opened her eyes when the black dragon spoke to her and saw that the small dragon had accepted her apology, This seemed to make her a bit happier as someone had accepted her at least.

-"Yes it would be good to have a home since mother and i left our last colony, I will answer as best i can"

She said and looked at the Black dragon and awaited his questions.

Brisinger987

"What are your overall thoughts on dragons and humans?" Veraxitoc went for a simple, straightforward exam, just to try and gather a thought or two.

"Azuma, I want you to study her expression, and inform me if she is lying, ok?" Veraxitoc sent the telepathic projection to Azuma only, not even allowing Methusela hand in on this, despite his capability to now keep secrets.

Klezmer Gryphon

Azuma nodded towards the elder, and tried his best not to fall asleep the next couple of minutes. Time was definitely taking its toll on him, but he still had as sharp a mind as ever, and was very observant.

He caught himself nodding off, and had to find a nearby thorn tree to wrap around to keep awake. He kept watching the new comer, though.

Scythe-Nova

As she heard the question the obvious answers flooded her mind, thing like physological diffrences and such but they were pushed aside as she realized that the black dragon was asking her about her morals.

-"Dragons and humans... I know a lot about dragons but so little about humans... but if i were to give what i thought that both of them had it is Passion"

Much true as Hari'lah had never really thought along these lines but she had been taught about the passion of the humans from Ten'ou who seemed to admire them for their burning wills and driving goals, She had even gone as far as actually courting a human once in her life which she had told Hari'lah about. Hari'lah shyed away from humans often since she could not yet shapeshift and mingle with humans, but she was sure to get a better wiew on them if she did. But as she thought about it she felt a stinging pain on the side of her chest it was her crest it felt as if it were burning deeper into her flesh, Hari'lah knew this pain it had happened once before and as Ten'ou had explained it was her past life trying to burn into her mind to change her into what she was before.

-"..."

She kept her posture as did not show any pain in her expression but the old dragon would surely notice her pain as it were something magical emenating from the crest that were carved into her chest.

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc felt the magic penetrate the air, and went onto a defensive, pushing Methusela back somewhat. The girl was in pain, but Methusela had to be protected from damage.

"You best explain that magic, and why you're in pain, so that I don't get the wrong idea."