Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Undead, my a$$[open]

Started by Zaylora, July 17, 2013, 08:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaylora

Squeletta shrieked and wiggled around, flicking her foot so viciously that a small blackish dot flew off in an unknown direction.

"Pesky spiders. Never quite liked them, I did."

For a skeleton, you could call Squeletta sexy. She walked with enough sass to topple a teenager and her unbelievable glowing blue... eyes? orbs? Orbs. ...her glowing blue orbs were so hypnotic one barely noticed the crimson lipstick so desperately placed.

Nightmare being over, she straightened out her red bow, poising it perfectly over her elbow joint - to "seem more human". It didn't do much, but the ribbon helped keep Squeletta sane. She didn't know where it came from or who it came from, but she's never taken it off. Squeletta thinks it will help keep her memories on humanity, but who knows? Was she ever human? All her memories start and end at that crypt, and all of them as a skeleton.

zozee9

The sun had just gone down just enough for Fiara to safely go outside her 'house' and start wandering. The entrance of her house was a hole in the ground, but it expanded and actually formed a room once you got deep enough. The room was full of trinkets and things that Fiara had found lying around, sometimes even on corpses (not that she knew they were corpses).

She climbed out of her house and was wandering for about a half an hour before finding somebody. The person looked like the people Fiara often found motionless on the ground, with nothing to cover her bones with. Bones, she had discovered after cutting deep into her skin one day, were underneath one's outer layer. But for some reason, people always liked to sleep when they were just bones. So finding active bones was quite something for Fiara.

Walking up to the strange new person, Fiara admired the girl's skirt and ribbon. It was the color of her own bows—blood red. She wanted the ribbons to tie around her ankles. So her pretty little six year old self said nothing and instead reached up with wide eyes, trying to take the ribbons for herself.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zaylora

Squeletta heard something down near her feet and THERE WAS SOMETHING THERE!!!

She squealed and ran a few feet away, her arm ribbon - unbeknownst to her - slipped off, and so did her arm.

"Eeee! So embarrassing!"

She abruptly wheeled around to get a good look at her arm-thief. For a second, she thought she might need glasses. There was a little girl - very much fleshy, not so alive though (on account she couldn't hear a heartbeat). Wasn't she scared? Normally they run from the skeleton woman if they're flesh-covered.

zozee9

Fiara was completely unfazed by the falling off of the arm, seeing as she had to take apart skeletons sometimes to get what she wanted. Instead she squatted down and picked up the arm, pulling the ribbon off. Then, only having one ribbon, Fiara decided to make it into a choker instead. So she tied it around her neck, leaving a perfect bow in front.

Looking back at the arm, then at the girl, and then back at the arm, Fiara picked it up and stood up, offering the arm to the bone person. "Pretty skirt," she said, admiring it. But she wasn't planning on stealing it—she liked her own black dress. Then, as if it was an afterthought, she added in, "Pretty eyes." Fiara smiled a completely innocent smile, the kind that only little kids could truly pull off.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zaylora

Two pearly white mini-fangs peered out of a little girl's smile, a skeleton's arm in her outstretched hand. This wasn't an ordinary situation, and very much so not an ordinary little girl.
She gingerly took her arm and attempted reattachment, with little success.

"Th..thank you. Red... suits you." She let go, and her arm again fell off. "But can I have that one back? My arm wont stay without it.. Um. I'm Squeletta.."  She took her fallen arm in her usable hand and extended it out in a hand-shake fashion.

zozee9

Fiara laughed as she shook hands with the bone hand. Something about the bones holding bones shaking her hand seemed funny to her. "That's what my mum always said!" Fiara responded to the first comment before pausing and thinking for a second. "Or... at least I think it was?" She couldn't remember anymore.

Feeling the ribbon on her neck, Fiara shook her head and said, "But this is my ribbon! I found it, so I keep it!" Then she paused again. "Well, I guess you can have it back. So you can keep your arm and all. I wouldn't want to be without my arm." Her eyes went wide as she thought about it. She untied the ribbon and placed it gently on top of Squeletta's unattached arm.

Having no social grace, she didn't introduce herself to Squeletta. Instead, she said, "Are you a magician? I always love when magicians come to visit me!" In her mind, everybody she met had come to see her. "Something interesting always happens and sometimes they fall asleep and let me take their stuff!" After all, magic in Fell didn't work. Not that Fiara understood that.

Zaylora

"Magician? Hmm, no, I don't think so. Are you?" At the sound of the word 'Magician', images of rabbits and tall, geometric hats, and sticks with caps on the ends. No, definitely not Squeletta.

She looked for another moment to the wind, and it was empty. Maybe she should talk a little more with the girl, but why?

"Uhm, could you 'elp me with this?" she asked, gesturing towards the puzzle piece that was her arm and bare elbow joint.

zozee9

The look of disappointment had to be clear on Fiara's face when Squeletta said she wasn't a magician. Nonetheless, she 'helped' her put her arm back together. Helped, meaning that she overlapped the two of them and tied them together, like one might a pile of sticks.

Then she replied, "I don't know any magic, so no." That wasn't the truth, but Fiara was unaware of that fact. As far as she was concerned, her age magic was something everybody could do. It was a natural part of existence.

"But a few people have tried to teach me! Some even tried channelling their magic directly to me. But it never works. Usually it just puts them to sleep, like I said before." Clearly she didn't grasp the entire situation, but it was what she believed.

Zaylora

Squeletta's face pinched in sympathy "I don't do magic, but I guess I -am- magic. I'm called 'undead'." As she gently rotated her stump-arm to get used to it, she wondered how much this little thing really knew about the world. What she saw of 'magician' wasn't near what a mage or real magic user is. At least, Squeletta wasn't aware of any strong mage/rabbit/hat affiliations.

Then, the little one said 'sleep' again. Right, vampires naturally need blood to... live. And since vampires don't breathe, maybe this one doesn't recognize living from dead.

She looked around as she said, "Is it just you, wee one? Have you traveled far from home?" She took a moment to stroke the little dead one's hair before she started again. "And I don't think your.. magician friends were sleepin'. The fleshy ones - ones without fangs like you - need air, and their belly moves up and down when they sleep." She held her metaphorical tongue for now, see how the little vamplette will react.

zozee9

Undead? thought Fiara. What an odd term. Of course, she was undead too, but she didn't know that. But to be magic didn't mean anything to her. If there was no magic to be performed, she didn't care.

"Just me! And I've travelled a little while from my home, but not long." A half an hour away from her hole in the ground. The second part of what Squeletta said didn't make much sense to Fiara, though. If they weren't sleeping, what were they doing? Then it clicked. "Oh! So they're just faking their sleep! That's why their bellies don't move." After all, Squeletta said that their belly moves when they're sleeping, so if their belly isn't moving, they must still be awake. It was perfectly logical to Fiara.

"What about the non-fleshy ones like you? Are you guys always faking your sleep?" Maybe Squeletta was just really bad at acting and couldn't stay in her role of being asleep unlike all of the other bones.

Zaylora

Squeletta finally decided stumpy wasn't her style and pulled the forearm down, then simply retightened the ribbon swirling around. It'll have to do for now.

She refocused her attention on the little vamplet below her, and ground her teeth together slightly.

"Nonono, dear. Not pretend sleep." She lightly guided the little figure to a nearby petrified log that was overturned. She sat and hoped the vamplet would sit as well. "You see, there are things inside fleshy people called -organs- that move lots of different liquids around that power a living person. They are called "alive", and they always need to breathe. There are a lot of things living fleshies need. THEN, there are people like you," she took a moment to touch a long, bony digit to the undead darling's button nose, "and me,", she said, gesturing to herself, "that can be fleshy and can be non-fleshy. We don't need to breathe, or have all those pesky fluids being pumped around, so our bellies don't move. I don't even need to sleep." She paused and turned away for a second, before continuing.

"Fleshies that you saw before, that you say went to sleep? If their bellies were silent, they are what's called "dead", or no longer inside their body. You and me, and other kinds, are called undead, and are brought back to their bodies one way or another. When I said I was magic earlier, I meant magic let me have my bones back..." She left it there. The little girl didn't need to know the cost of the magic that gave Squeletta her un-life.

zozee9

Fiara followed Squeletta and sat down on the log, making sure her dress didn't have any wrinkles. She listened to Squeletta talk and tried to wrap her head around what she was saying. She picked up the following: fleshy people always needed to breathe, except for certain exception; the ones that weren't part of exceptions 'died' if they weren't breathing, meaning that they had escaped their body; this was confusing.

Fiara tilted her head slightly sideways, thinking through what Squeletta said a few times before responding, "So when the other fleshy people perform magic, they leave their body?" That made their magic so much more exciting. Maybe if she waited long enough after they were... dead... they would return to their body and tell her all about the journeys they made as just a spirit. Now she was starting to regret leaving all those sleeping people behind. Dead people behind.

Scrunching her nose up, she decided to ditch the subject. "I'm hungry!" Fiara complained. It had been a few days since she had last drank and while she could last a while longer without drinking, her body wouldn't like it. Why did the person she had to find have to be made of bones? Fiara knew she couldn't drink from bones—she had tried it before. She could crush the bones with her fangs but couldn't get any juice out of them.

Zaylora

Oh! The poor dear!  Squeletta would have squinted her eyes in thought, if she could, but she mimicked the body positioning anyways. Vampires fed on either blood or psionic energy - now to figure out what this one fed on.

"Oh, of course you're hungry! It's been so long since I've needed food, I've almost forgotten the feeling.." She bent down to speak face-to-face with the vamplet (which may have been found 'seductive' had she had flesh). "What do you normally eat? I bet it's red - your favorite color?" Squeletta wasn't sure the little vampire knew what much of anything was called, let alone obscure liquids normally inside fleshy things..

..Poor dear probably ate her mother. Squeletta shook this thought out of her head for now. That was something she couldn't even BEGIN to address to a little vampire who barely knew she was dead. No, for now, the focus was on finding the little vampgirl food.

zozee9

Fiara's eyes lit up as Squeletta spoke. "How did you know?!" Maybe she could read minds. Fiara felt like she had met people like that before. Or maybe... "Or did you used eat red juice too? I bet it's your favorite color!" After all, Squeletta was wearing red as well.

Fiara kicked her legs back and forth, thinking. Then she closed her eyes and loudly sniffed the air. "I don't smell any food though." If somebody was bleeding anywhere somewhat close by, she would have been able to smell it.

She opened her wide eyes back up and, still face to face, added, "I wish you had food in you. But bones taste yucky and don't have any juice." Fiara frowned, obviously upset at that fact.