Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Feast of Epic Proportions!

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, August 04, 2013, 08:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

You received a letter from a well dressed butler. Opening the envelope, you find the note reads as follows:

"Dearest Guest, you have been invited to the upcoming ball at the estate of Fae's End, ruled by his Grace, the Marquis de Govénaux. Of you choose to attend, please be in your best attire, and be joyful in spirit. Arrive at the front gates no later than the hour before dusk on the summer solstice. Anyone arriving later will be turned away."

-------------
Well, my latest character, the Marquis de Govénaux (Jean-Luc in my sig), is holding a ball at his estate. This won't be limited to nobility, he also invites a few townspeople to these events as well. This will be an open thread, so anyone can join, just either post in this thread here with what character(s) you will be joining with, or just PM me. If you have ideas pertaining to what might happen during the thread, share 'em!

Here is the thread, just so you don't have to go looking for it!

A ball to be had!

zozee9

Do the people attending the party all know Marquis? And if so, how well?

Btw somebody I'm gonna write is going to attend with her date. :)
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Klezmer Gryphon

Well, that's open to discussion. I'm up for ideas, so don't hold back if you have something.

zozee9

I have no idea. I was just trying to think how well Vivi would know him (I have figured out her name, and that is all).

EDIT: Meet Vivian!
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

TheHighwayman

I think I'll bring Fezzen Quel *points at his sig*, who would probably be there for purposes of looking for/getting close to people he might end up making a business deal in the future. Or just listening for any useful bits of information. Or doing anything else that might profit him later. *shrugs*

zozee9

... what does small trade empire mean?

Also, shall we assume that he knows Vivi? After all, she owns the biggest silk trading company in Arca. So it might make sense. But if she does know him, are they on good relation? Or is she one of the few who has rejected an offer of his?

TheHighwayman

It basically means he's got a hand in a number of pies, mainly involving getting the products of said pies where they can make the most profit, rather than actually making them. Note to self: stop using metaphors regarding pies. Makes me hungry.

As for their relations, I dunno. Go with what you'd like- maybe they know of each other but haven't met directly, maybe they've done some mildly profitable work together in the past, maybe she turned down one of his riskier ideas, or maybe he pulled some underhanded stunt that ended up hurting her business in the past. Whatever you think would be the most amusing. Fezzen doesn't really hold a grudge over business stuff though- he'd not take a rejected offer too badly, just jot down a mental note not to rely on her for business like that.

zozee9

You made me want pies, too. -_-

And idk what would be best, lol. I guess I'll come up with something once Vivi actually sees him. Otherwise you can write it if he sees her, first. I honestly don't care. :)