Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

What a surprise!

Started by Anonymous, January 04, 2005, 04:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The sharpness of a yelp made her retract slightly, the world bubbling and spinning as she sat there, her hand closing on the flame. She sighed and leaned her head against the rough, brick-like wall. She licked her lips, eyes firmly closed. And after what seemed like an eternity and she'd never answer she finally spoke.

"I'm sort of okay," she responded, shifting.

Her hands clenched into fists, frustrated with herself and boundaries. She didn't like these limits! If she didn't have that aweful virus her body could take this. But that virus, that disease, whatever it was, it was devouring her it seemed. It pulled her boundaries closer, it made her seem so suffocated in the limits that were in arms length.

She sighed, her hands fell open as she let her body fall into a semi-relaxed state. She sighed, shoulders slumping as her eyes finally opened and focused slowly on Kael. She gave him a soft, wavering smile towards him. She remained sitting on the ground, legs tucked at her side.

Anonymous

He slid down the wall to sit next to Thaylias. His eyes again searched hers, but this time they were deep, concerned.

"Sort of ok?" he said, gravely. "Doesn't look it, if you don't mind me saying." Kael found himself wondering what was wrong. She really was a nice person, even if he knew nothing about her.  He was fairly trusting, but his instincts had never yet led him wrong, so it had turned out relatively fine so far. He remained quiet, his lips pressed together, his brows drawn together.

Anonymous

"I don't mind..." she breathed, pushing back a loose lock of her hair.

She sighed softly, the pain thumping in her head constant and unswaying. She lifted and hand to randomly rub her left temple, just to ease the headache that she couldn't pursuade to halt. She watched him and decided to respond and tell him. Might as well, right? He did seem concerned..

"I have this virus, a disease and I need a white flower to cure it.." she stated,"

Thaylias shifted, looking to the ground as she felt so weak. So.. scared. She was used to being scared but she had no control, not really anyway, of what was laced in her very blood. This disease.. it just hurt her. Physical and mentally. She couldn't stand feeling so weak, so scared, and now rather alone. Oh well! She had to move on and stop feeling so sorry for herself. She'd find a cure! She'd find a cure to solve this virus, she'd find that white flower and she'd figure out how to turn it into a cure. Soon, she'd be free, rid herself of the silent burden.

Anonymous

"Oh.. um." he said, hesitating. He hadn't really been expecting her to tell him. Still, somehow he was glad she had Now.. maybe he could help her? It was a long shot, but he would try. After all, he had nothing better to do. Certainly nothing worse.

"Herbal cures, eh? Well, never heard anything like that... certainly not anything that made someone go transparent-like." He laughed, slightly uneasily, and threw his crooked grin at her. "Anyway, maybe I can help?" he said, a faintly hopeful look on his face.

Anonymous

"Well, I'm changing from a chaneling to a being that can go theough complete solid objects and make fire," she said with a sigh.

She had her reasons from changing to a changeling to a phaser as the species she was changing into was known. She rubbed her temple furiously, trying to ease it. SHe touched the tip of her tongue to her lips, tracing it over her lips with a sigh.

"If you want.. you can," she said uncertaintly.

The faint look of wanting to help her mildly surprised her. She shifted again, still wondering why Kael wanted to help her... maybe he was just a nice person. She breathed out a sigh, rubbing her face with her hands. She looked at Kael, brows arched over her emerald eyes. Finally, curiousity got the best of her.

"If you don't mind me asking... why?" She asked him, a brow still quirked.

Anonymous

He shrugged a little. "Iono. Not much else to do, is there? And you look like you really need it."

After a moment, he slid even further down the wall, until he was lying on the ground. He tucked his hands behind his head, and made himself a little more comfortable in the bristly patch of roasdside grass he was lying in.

"I mean..  you're the first person I've met that's talked to me for more than five minutes. Maybe you are sick after all, and just too weak to run away." He grinned, looking up at the stars just peeking out from the clouds. "Sorry.. didn't mean to go all psyche on you like that. S'just.." He stopped. "Nevermind." The night was completely quite for a moment, and Kael stared fixedly up at the stars.

Anonymous

Thaylias gave a soft laugh as he suggested that she was too weak to run away. She thought about it, why she hadn't left even though, too her, it was very obvious. Despite herself she thought deeply into it, lowering herself beneath the surface within what made her, her. She buried herself within the many faces, the many masks she had given herself over the years. And once again she failed too know which was true and which was just a masquarade of being nice, of striving for what she knew was right. And with all that thought her shoulders slumped and she went slack, turning over where her back was against the wall. She tilted her head back, glancing to the sliver of the fatbellied moon with a smile lingering on her face. She glanced to him when he apologized.

"No, no. Nothing to apologize for. I don't mind, I kind of like it. It's better than being on the outside all the time..." she said softly, rolling her head as she looked at him.

She was so tired of living in herself, secluded to her mind. Tired and within the depths and left to her own thoughts.. It was agonizing for her. To live in such a hell, to live in a mind that thought too much. She liked to listen to other people, because she was so used too it. It was what made her tick, made her keep going. She had been wandering alone, listening to herself and trying to keep herself sane.. To listen to him, for even just a second, made a weight lift from her.

"I appreciated that more than you know," she said, smiling still.

Anonymous

He shifted his weight to look at her.

"Huh? Appreciated.. what?" He tried to shake his head, and walloped it on a rock. "Owwww..." he winced. "Nevermind. That's what I get for asking questions, I guess." He sighed very quietly, and glanced back up at the stars. All they were were cold, distant points of light in the sky, he knew, but they were really all he knew. Even as he wandered from place to place, never stopping for too long, never making more contact then neccessary, they were always with him. They never changed, but accompanied him everynight since his childhood.

"You know," he said without thinking, "the stars are like--" he caught himself, and blushed. "Nevermind. It's.. it's stupid."

Anonymous

Thaylias's eyebrows rose as he hit his head off a rock. She frowned softly, hating how 'nevermind' seemed to be tailing his words. She shifted uncomfortably, looking around. Down the darkened roads and up to the bright sky. How she wished she could sit on a star, just watch everyone down below. But then.. then she couldn't even help. Perhaps watching the world, in the midst of everything, was the best place to be. Then she could lend a hand at least.

She heard him begin to speak about the stars and her emerald eyes moved to the corners of her eyes to watch him. She blinked as once again he dismissed what he had to say. It kind of made her angry as he did that.

"I'm sure it's not," she responded, her brows arched high over her eyes.

Anonymous

He laughed lightly. "You'd be suprised. I often speak without thinking, and unfiltered bits of my mind can probably be harmful." He paused for a long moment. "But if you really want to know..." he hestitated, slightly embarrassed about how the words sounded, even in his own head. Still, he went on. "..I was going to say, When I was little, the stars were my best friends." He turned to look at her. " 'Nd they still are- they're the only things that don't change from place to place, like some kind of heavenly security blanket."

He turned his head back to the sky, but was still watching her a bit, to see her reaction. But  something else above him caught his eyes, and he laughed, pointing at it.

"Look, there goes one of them now. A shooting star- quick, make a wish!"

Anonymous

Thaylias listened him, mulling over what he said with a soft smile. To her that sounded nice - sweet really. Maybe because she was a tad girly than she preferred but hey, whatever. She blinked softly, smiling as she then glanced at the sky and watching the shooting star that soared through the sky. She moved her lips softly, breathing the words that were basically unheard. Her wish? Well, it was silly.. kind of anyway. She just wished for a home, somewhere to stay, a place to always go back too. Nothing special.

"I think that's great," she said softly.

It was nice to have symbolics things. Even if it did seem a little silly or childish. The only thing she had always found symbolic by any means was fire. And to her in represented to life and to finally be able to control made her glad... But with every good thing came something bad. Right? Right. Seemingly so anyway.

Anonymous

He was silent, mentally attaching his wish to the star as it faded away. Then he turned his head to the side to face her, and smiled sheepishly.

"Really?" he said, with the same bashfulness that touched his smile. " 'Cause it sounded kinda really dumb in my head, and well... yeah." He shrugged a little. "But I guess it wasn't as bad as all that. I mean, some kids have dolls or blankets or invisible friends.. I have stars." He laughed, and his eyes glinted happily, almost mischeviously.

It was really relaxing out here, and the grass wasn't half-bad in the way of comfort. And except for the two of them and the crickets, it was almost silent. He breathed slowly, reveling in the peace of that moment, and tucking it away forever.

Anonymous

She smiled, thinking to what she had. She had had a blanket - but not anymore. She had abandoned it and walked out the village she had been born into. She just kept on walking, running into a distant cousin as they then, somehow, began to change her species. Only it backfired and her cousin told her as much as she knew about the cure to her disease. Not like you could win all the time. That was just impossible.

She smiled as she stretched out her legs, yawning as she shifted her weight and looking at her hands. Then she crossed her arms over her chest, crossing one ankle over the other. She laughed softly, looking around. Nothing, not a person... Just candles highlighting the shadowy silhouttes as people passed their windows and blew out the candles. How nice it must be too have a home.. She had one, only it was old and back in her village. She wanted her very own.

"Can't loose stars.. And I think it'd be hard to forget about them," she commented.

Such a beautiful night. She liked sitting here and talking to him, even if she barely knew him.

Anonymous

He, too,  languidly streched and yawned. Once, a long time ago, some had told him that he looked like a cat when he did that. He didn't mind the comparison-- cats were extrememly graceful, noble animals. However, he didn't exactly think he met up to feline standards. Still, something to think about.

"Yeah, they're too beautiful. And unlike diamonds, can't get lost or stolen. Nice plus." He smiled, both at the stars and Thaylias. It really was hard to believe there was evil in the world on a night like this. The darkness was like a comforting curtain, muffling out the few movements around them, and making everything seem like a dream.

Anonymous

She looked at Kael and was, indeed, reminded of a cat. Cute, she thought. But she didn't say so, holding her tongue back from saying anything girlish. She didn't want to be so girly. v.v!! She sighed softly as she continued to look at the dark sky with those silver stars sparkling so beautifully.

"Yeah!" She grinned, nodding her head in agreement.

She rubbed her face and head, thinking of something, anything to say but was seriously lacking in words.

"Mm..uhh... how're you?" She said randomly with a soft laugh.

Anonymous

"Eh?" he said, startled out of his reverie. "Oh.. I'm alright. Considering." He paused for a moment. "Life," he clarifed. "Considering life." He had crypitic moods sometimes. Well, they weren't really moods-- more like small flashes of ones. Nothing life changing, just.. moods.

He let out a lagh, half to himself. "Life," he said grandly, "is rather odd." He gave a grin and shook his head, again half to himself, and turned his head to look at Thaylias.

"Don't you agree?"

Anonymous

The stars seemed to flicker, but in truth, they weren't. They twinkled, or so people said, like winking mockingly down at those who cannot reach them. It made Thaylias want to reach to the sky, to sit upon one of those stars. A perch in the heavens, a true, glorious seat. A sight to behold by all means. Without a doubt that sight would be treasured as gold or silver, beauty beyond beauty. No words could describe the mere prescence of such ethereal lights. Like God himself had sprinkled sparkles into the canvas of endless ebony.

"Do I ever!" She said with a laugh that rose softly in her throat.

Tempted to do something, anything. She was close to even randomly wrapping Kael in an embrace whether he appreciated it or not. The itching feeling, that urge to do something shivered up her spine making her shudder harshly. Thaylias shifted as she sat up, shifting from side to side, her butt bones grinding into the ground most uncomfortably. She soon pushed herself into a stand, straightening and jumping up and down. She turned her body to the side, clenching her hands into fists. She hopped to each feet. She punched at the air, bouncing on the balls of her feet. She kicked upwards and punched again. She laughed, spinning around and thrusting out her fists around. She skillfully avoided walls and Kael, grinning as she stopped, leaning down and putting her hands on her knees. She gave a sigh.

"God, I don't know why.. I just can't sit still now!" She said as she fidgetted restlessly.

Anonymous

He looked at her, his eyebrow raised.

"So I noticed," he said, grinning widely. "That was rather impressive. I'm sure I couldn't do that.. even if I was as itchy as you."

He tilted his head a bit to the side and studied her and her constant movements. She had a certain..dunno, air, I guess one could say, suddenly. Kind of like a small child after she's been waiting in long lines, almost. Probably a lot more dangerous, though. He, too, suddenly shivered, as if her mood was contagious. He tapped his fingers against the ground in a quick, sharp rythym and sighed.

"Ever wondered what life would be like if you were in like... I dunno. Say, an alternate reality or some such thing?"

Anonymous

Thaylias released a sigh as her spine tingled as she pushed her palms down and rose, straightening as her shoulders sagged. She leaned back her head, lush, forest emerald eyes gazing upwards, at the sky as she rolled her neck, her chin winding up landing and resting upon her collar bone. She shifted, tossing the long, bothersome braid behind her back. A slim brow arched over a stunning eye as he spoke. Impressive? Please, she had seen fighters so brillant with their meticulous, precise movements as if written by angels, a dance of twisting moves. But of course when blood was shed it corrupted the purity and simplicity in which such was practised. She knew this.. She remembered when that was platonic and her skills were not used to assasinate those with tortured and brutal minds... Her eyes widened in her face, very slightly as a pain shot in her chest and head, simutaenous but she ignored it, twisting on a black shoe as she bent down to touch her feet. She straightened and twisted on her hips, constantly moving.

"Sometimes I do," she responded, tilting her head for a moment.

She suddenly wished she had bound herself. At least her chest, it all felt too free simply because of that heavy movement. What could she say? She was usually bound and that freedom felt rather odd.. and bouncy. Gah! Stupidity of endowments of woman. That whole birthing thing again... Screw that thing. Whatever, but now she knew that just because you were in a rush and energetic never skip binding yourself. NEVER.

"You know something.. Did you ever sit there and wonder what life would be like if you were ruler of it?" She said rather randomly, looking to the sky once again.

Anonymous

Kael laughed softly as he pillowed his arms under his head. Still, he stared up at the stars, a picture bordered by the eaves of the building by them, and the buildings surrounded them. Rather a good metaphor for his life, he thought. He paused, thenighed a bit, very slightly.

"Quite often. I mean.. who doesn't? All I know, if I ruled life..." he stopped for a moment, thinking. "Well, there would be a lot less pointless sadness and lonlieness. And much more sweets," he added, as an afterthought. "Never can have too many sweets."

Again, he fell silent for a moment and stretched.

"In all seriousness, though... half the people in this world are alone. Sad thing is, they don't try to fix it. Sometimes they've never known anything else. Or maybe they think it's their fault. In the end, though, they usually end up the same way-- still alone. And they think life is supposed to be that way."