Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Goes On Underneath the Table (M)

Started by visualspice, August 27, 2013, 08:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Of course I have good tastes!" she said, playfully sticking her tongue out at him. "I did fall in love with you, after all. But maybe I'll think of something, or could give you a ring of my own. I'm still too young in my career to have any such gifts from men- so far, I've gotten earrings and necklaces, and I don't think they'd look very manly on you. Though, perhaps I could sell some of my jewelry and I could buy you one. But oh!" and here, her eyes grew wide. "Next time you're at my place, I can give you something that'll mean something. My father's ring. You can have my family's crest."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

At that sudden outburst, Oakley blanched and he found himself catching on his words.  "B-but Renna!  You can't!  That's your father's ring...it should stay in your family.  I-I don't know if I can even be able to conceal such a ring...  Wouldn't people recognize it?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Oh..." Renna said, only then realizing this as she grew quiet. "I.. I suppose they would."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"What about one your necklaces...?" Oakley suggested innocently.  He gestured to the jewel that laid on her breast and he gave her a smile.  "Something simple...  Michael wouldn't recognize it and I doubt your aunt would miss it sorely.  Would it?  It doesn't have to be a ring?  It could be something simple, something nobody would suspect."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Renna touched a hand lightly over her necklaces.
"Oh..." Then to Oakley, she smiled. "Most of my nekclaces might be too fancy for you to wear.. howeer.." She lifted up a thin, silver chain, and on the end of it was a delicate, sapphire.

"It would match the ring,"s hes aid, pulling it off and let the necklace fold into a pile on his palm.

Lion

"It's beautiful," he said, smiling at the pile of glinting silver and the small sapphire that held the end of it.  "I love it.  I'll always wear it, even if I don't show everybody.  Let's see if it fits,"  He put the chain around his head and it just barely fit without tangling in his curls and he held it proudly.  "It's beautiful."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna's face brightened.
"Oh, Oakley," and she wrapped her arms around him, hugging him tight.
"When I think of you, I'll think of the sapphire ring you gave me. ANd you the necklace. ANd through it, I won't be alone."

Lion

At the sudden embrace, Oakley felt his eyes burn with the heat of tears and he felt himself suddenly tremble.  He put his arms around her and hugged her as tightly to him as he could.  He didn't know what to say.  All he could do was sob and suddenly feel a growing sorrow at the knowledge that soon he was to be engaged, and he wouldn't know when next he would see Renna again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

It was then a light rap came at the door, gasping, her eyes widened as she turned to Oakley.
"Someone's outside the door! What should I do?" she whispered, clinging to his hands.
If someone found them like this- they were both in boat loads of trouble!

Lion

Immediately, Oakley did the only thing he could think of in that moment and he tossed Renna off the bed while hissing, "Hide! Under the bed!"  and pulled the blankets up around him as he jumped off the otherside of the bed and quickly stuffed Renna's dress and other effects underneath it as well.  He slipped his trousers on and a loose shirt before opening the door.

"Martha?" he asked as he parted the door and saw the head maid peering at him from the other side.  He rubbed his eyes.  "What's the matter?  Do you know how late it is?"

"Aye, Master Oakley, you've been up all this time, I know it!"

He blanched a little but tried to keep his wits about him.  "What ever do you meant?"

"Me room is directly below yours, don't think I can't hear you!  And you've tracked dirt all up here.  If Lord Brennick catches you, he'll ring your ears for sure!  And I can't risk meself.  You've been digging in the garden again and likely, running around your room hiding seeds all about didn't you?"

Oakley unleashed a quiet breath and nodded, blushing.  "I know, I shouldn't.  But you know I can't do it when Michael's about.  He'd do more than ring my ears.  I'm sorry for waking you Martha."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The old woman nodded.
"Aye, but don't let us be catching you again." And she gave a bit of a mean look before closing the door.
Renna had been holding her breath beneath the bed, and even after the woman left, she kept silent. Oh dear- this had been too close of a call!

Lion

When Martha finally left, Oakley released a soft breath and sank down on his bed.  For the moment he'd forgotten about Renna and closed his eyes for just a second.  A second longer and he would have been asleep if he hadn't suddenly leapt up and rolled over to the side, looking underneath, his curls standing on end as he hung upside down.

"Oh, it's okay to come out now I think," he whispered.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna poked her head out and wrinkled her freckled nose.
"Are you sure?" And she looked over at the door, and when she saw no shadows of feet, she held her breath and pushed herself up off the floor.
"So muhc for not getting my skirts all dirty," she said with a chuckle, and began to fix her clothing, dusting them off here or there as she went.
"You know you have garden dirt and some seeds under your bed?"

Lion

Oakley blushed at her finding the box of dirt and seeds underneath his bed.  "I'm working on a new hybrid of geraniums and tulips!" he quickly said as he helped her up and dusted her off.  But despite the embarrassment, he smilled at Renna.  "I'm gald you came tonight..."  He leaned down and kissed her forehead.  "I'll take you home, or at least halfway...  Wait, how did you get here anyhow?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I've got feet!" she said with a giggle. "You don't live all too far from my place." She gave him a knowing grin and leaned in to kiss his lips.
"But that flower sounds lovely. I wouldn't mind it if you helped me with some of my plants. It would be a lovely addition to my balcony. Right now it's so plain and the fresh cut flowers die so easily. It would be nice to smell the some potted ones and know that they were from you."

Lion

It warmed him to know that she did not look down on his love of gardening, of flowers and soil.  "I would love to," he whispered softly.  "Then let me walk with you then, at least halways.  At least spend as much time with you as I can."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna squeezed his hand and gave a quick kiss to his cheek.
"Of course. I would never refuse. Come on!" And she jumped up and down excitedly before pulling him along, running towards the window.

Lion

"The window?  Let's just go out the back!" Oakley said and quickly wrapped his hands around hers in an attempt to still her from jumping.  "You'll wake Michael!  Hush!  Quietly now.  Maybe the window ould be better.  Lemme check first."

He looked out the ledge and saw that the coast was clear.  After that he shimmied down the lattice that resided below his window and jumped down to the garden below.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Renna was all smiles as she followed after him, but gasped when her blue dress got snagged. but upon hearing someone stirring inside the castle, she gasped and gave her dress a tug, tearing it away from where it had been captured on the lattice before she fled, not realizing she left a piece of ripped blue fabric behind.

"Come on, we have to hurry!" she told him in a whisper, as she took his hand. "I think someone heard us!"

Lion

Bren Brennich had thrown the stone that spooked Renna as he was watching from the otherside of the estate.  Oakley just giggled lightly as he took her by the hand and ran off with her toward the gates.

"Oh you little horny bastard," Bren smiled as he crossed his arms over his chest and disappeared within the confines of the Brennich household.  No, he wasn't going to tell Michael.  That wouldn't help anybody and Oakley was much more useful to him alive at this rate.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn