Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Treyburn - Cousins Now Open! (Family/War Drama)

Started by Ivory, September 02, 2013, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Yep, though he prolly wasn't drunk.  I was imagining him maybe either going to hit the kid in the mouth after Reagan gave him lip, and then Reagan reeling backwards into something or down the steps or sommat...or maybe reaching to grab him and having Reagan pull free, only to pull too hard and...well, we know how it ends.

Definitely something accidental...but something that could, from the viewpoint of a child, be seen as outright murder.  Also not something he would be proud of, and it certainly could besmirch his reputation.  Because there would be no registry, he also wouldn't be required to report it...

I can kind of see him not lying about it, per se, but just letting people assume Reagan had joined the military or something...and when Jana made that a reality, it would become the official lie at that point...because it would just be too good to pass up.

And, in the meantime, Reagan's name would become like a swear word in the house...  Reagan's fate was something that was not, no matter what, to be discussed!  (Attention all Treyburns!  ...Great.  Now I feel like we need a timeline post.  RAWR!)

Argh!  On that note, I just discovered a possible plothole...  If Jana is formally being accused of cross-dressing to join the army, then people are going to know Reagan didn't join the army.  Perhaps we can say she supposedly joined the army in Reagan's place, because he was too cowardly to do so....

Also, while we're on the subject: I tied in Redly losing his eye to Jana being discovered, if that's okay.  Basically, what happened (in my imagination!  Feel free to chip in!) was one of their superior officers happened to be chatting with Pa Treyburn.  And he said something like, "Your son is lucky to have survived that blast!  At least he was smart enough not to involve your younger son in something so stupid!"

And then Pa says, "Younger son?  Braxton?  They aren't even in the same unit."

And then the officer says, "No, no.  The other one.  What the devil is his name?  Ah, that's right.  Reagan."

And then Pa would twirl his mustaches...

Ivory

Okay.  I made a timeline.  Someone needs to strap me down and tell me to just stop...  I'm like a crazy person.

I put the timeline on Google Docs so we can all use it, just so people can get an idea of how told they were when a certain event occurred...and just so we can keep everything straight.

Feel free to update it with major Treyburn-impacting events, and for major events that impacted your personal character too!  (That aren't a secret, anyway!)  We can also add major Connlaothian events too.

The timeline (lacking a real calendar system) is in Treyburn Time.  Redly was born in T0, and it is presently year T40.

Once backgrounds are solidified, I can either move it to the main page or leave it where it's at!

Paradox

*searches for the duct tape*

Good idea, Ivory.This will be especially helpful to those of us playing older characters. I like how you use the 'Treyburn Time' system. Makes things a lot less confusing, I think.

I'll take a look at this and get back to you later once my profile is actually finished. (If it ever is hohoho!)

Ivory

If I wanted to be especially accurate, I would have called it the Redly Time system...but Treyburn Time has a nice ring to it, I think.

*discreetly kicks the duct tape down the basement stairs*

Paradox

Quote from: Ivory on September 13, 2013, 02:56:51 PM
...but Treyburn Time has a nice ring to it, I think.

I agree! It really does!

zozee9

Omg I love the timeline idea. Things like that make me really happy.

I do have a question though: When did Redly join the army?

And I think your other idea is great, too. Maybe we can do a flashback thread relating to Reagan's death sometime? That way the more minute details will be better explained. Just an idea.

Also, does Pa not tell anybody that Jana is not Reagan? I doubt he'd say... since it would harm the family reputation. But maybe that is when Redly is disowned... idk. Let me know what you think, if you understand what I'm even saying.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Listenbeastie

Paradox

Quote from: zozee9 on September 11, 2013, 07:08:09 PM
Hmm... how about when they were twelve? That's old enough for him to argue reasonably with his dad and for Jana to remember it well. Plus, then most of the kids wouldn't have been born yet. Redly and Braxton would know, I assume. Keira probably wouldn't know. And everybody younger wouldn't know either... Is it safe to assume that neither Redly nor Braxton would tell their siblings about Reagan?

Forgive my delayed reply ,but I'm still digesting everything being said here because it's a lot to take in along with my own ideas.

Anyway , would Braxton reveal secrets? Well, this really depends on two things. The first being whether or not revealing secrets would benefit him and the second being what the damage would be for revealing the secret. Is the reward worth the risk? Braxton is a jerk, but the things that he does are either done for self-preservation or for self-profit. It's rarely personal. My point being he isn't a jerk for the sake of being one.

He also , shockingly, has a scrap of honor to him though. He doesn't stab the people loyal to him in the back, but the moment their loyalty wavers...he won't hesitate to throw them under the bus and not shed a tear.

So if Red or Jana ever did anything to piss him off or dampen his favor with his parents or the nobility , he probably WOULD rat them out to make himself look better. If he's already in fair standing with them though , he wouldn't really have any reason to 'spill the beans' as Zozee put it.He's not THAT mean and though he thinks soldiering is not for woman and that trying to pass a woman for a man is really STUPID, he wouldn't protest much because it's his sister. He cares in his own way, deep down. Heh. Just don't tell him I said this. ;P

If ever suspicion came onto him (and if he's in a different unit, why would it? Not like he's going to know every single soldier in the military that isn't related to his own battalion) , all he'd have to do is deny.  I see him , if he knows Jana's in the military, trying to keep his distance so that if she IS caught, then he's not in hot water. Depending on his relationship with Red, he MIGHT risk his neck to help cover up at times , but understand that he's very protective of his career in the military and would not risk blowing it for anyone. Sorry , Jana.

But yeah...he'd keep his mouth shut unless he was given a really good reason to open it.

Make sense?

zozee9

I didn't even think about the fact that Braxton would be in the army at the same time... assuming he joined when he was sixteen. Even still, they were only in the army together for a year (if even). Depending on where he was in the army, he might not have even known Jana was in it. After all, can I assume that wasn't information shared throughout the family?
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

Quote from: zozee9 on September 13, 2013, 04:59:08 PM
I didn't even think about the fact that Braxton would be in the army at the same time... assuming he joined when he was sixteen. Even still, they were only in the army together for a year (if even). Depending on where he was in the army, he might not have even known Jana was in it. After all, can I assume that wasn't information shared throughout the family?

Saw Ivory posting so I'm going to keep this short and not get into this too much.

I wasn't implying that Braxton WOULD know. I'm implying that it could be a possibility IF you wanted to play that out and that if it was then this is how he would react.   That's what I'm saying.

The more we talk about this , the more of a headache it's getting to keep track of so it's probably just better to assume that Braxton doesn't know since that seems to be what you're looking for.

Ivory

Quote from: zozee9 on September 13, 2013, 03:40:32 PM
I do have a question though: When did Redly join the army?

And I think your other idea is great, too. Maybe we can do a flashback thread relating to Reagan's death sometime? That way the more minute details will be better explained. Just an idea.

Also, does Pa not tell anybody that Jana is not Reagan? I doubt he'd say... since it would harm the family reputation. But maybe that is when Redly is disowned... idk. Let me know what you think, if you understand what I'm even saying.

Redly probably joined at 16, or whatever the age to join is!  As much as he would have hated leaving the little ones, he trusts Jana and Braxton (yes, Paradox, he trusts Braxton -- heaven knows why!) to look after them!

Yay for flashbacks!  <3  That is all.

Pa would not tell people she was Reagan.  I'm picturing him turning her over to the guards for impersonating a soldier...and then, before he can work out what to do about the real Reagan, she kills somebody!  And that makes it easy for him to say whatever the hell he wants!

And what he says is Reagan refused to join the army, because he's a coward.  And Jana tried to cover for him by taking his place, so she should be arrested!  And Redly knew about it, so he is being disowned!

That gets rid of all the kids in one fell swoop.

Now, one might say, why wouldn't Redly stand up for his sister?

First, he's probably in trouble for covering it up anyway, so his word basically means nothing.  Second, I'm thinking Pa (probably schemed by Ma) probably told him that if he kept his mouth shut about what actually happened to Reagan, he would remain part of the family...just be disowned.  So he's basically treated like a bastard son, even though he isn't.  :)  That way, he's still able to help raise the kids when possible!

Does that make sense?

Quote from: Paradox on September 13, 2013, 04:39:44 PM
So if Red or Jana ever did anything to piss him off or dampen his favor with his parents or the nobility , he probably WOULD rat them out to make himself look better. If he's already in fair standing with them though , he wouldn't really have any reason to 'spill the beans' as Zozee put it.He's not THAT mean and though he thinks soldiering is not for woman and that trying to pass a woman for a man is really STUPID, he wouldn't protest much because it's his sister. He cares in his own way, deep down. Heh. Just don't tell him I said this. ;P

If ever suspicion came onto him (and if he's in a different unit, why would it? Not like he's going to know every single soldier in the military that isn't related to his own battalion) , all he'd have to do is deny.  I see him , if he knows Jana's in the military, trying to keep his distance so that if she IS caught, then he's not in hot water. Depending on his relationship with Red, he MIGHT risk his neck to help cover up at times , but understand that he's very protective of his career in the military and would not risk blowing it for anyone. Sorry , Jana.

Redly wouldn't have immediately gone to blurt it to Braxton.  He trusts Braxton (probably more than he should, maybe?) and believes that, like him, Braxton will always do what's best for the family.  That being said, he would consider Jana's military career to be on a need-to-know basis...so Braxton wouldn't know, unless he absolutely needed to know.

Also, as far as Redly and Braxton's relationship goes, Redly probably already has Braxton pegged.  He knows he can be a selfish little prick sometimes, but he accepts that about him and doesn't hold it against him.  (Yet.)  Obviously, if Braxton totally sells out a sibling, Redly would confront him on it and demand to know what the hell he was doing!  And he would shout and swear!  But he would try to understand what Braxton had done and try to rectify it, bargaining if possible.  I did say he was an enabler!  <3

zozee9

Two things:

One, since family members aren't kept track of, would Pa need to explain where the real Reagan is? Or would the military just assume she made that name up?

Two, let's assume that Braxton doesn't know about Jana. But does know about Reagan. Jana has probably grown weary of Braxton over time... and doesn't trust him as much as Redly does.

Ivory

Quote from: zozee9 on September 13, 2013, 05:21:25 PM
Two things:

One, since family members aren't kept track of, would Pa need to explain where the real Reagan is? Or would the military just assume she made that name up?

Two, let's assume that Braxton doesn't know about Jana. But does know about Reagan. Jana has probably grown weary of Braxton over time... and doesn't trust him as much as Redly does.

One, why you ask such hard questions??  He may have been able to cover it up to some extent...and the fact that no one came looking for Reagan, well, more's the better.

Two, that's something for Paradox to answer to!  <3

Paradox

Fine.

I have nothing much left to say here until my profile is done  because there seems to be some confusion about what type of person my character is and I don't have the energy to argue about it. Peace. 

zozee9

Lolllllll sharkie. XD

And sorry, I always seem to find more questions... I did the same thing when I joined the Soot Wolves. Lol. I don't like a gap in my knowledge. XD

zozee9

Godddd my history is becoming so long. Quick question: what are the papers that are used to identify the family called? (Or, if you want to be a little more detailed, how does she join the army?)

EDIT: History is updated. God. That's longer than anything I've written on here. Like, normal posts and all. Let me know if I should change anything (if any of you have the courageousness to read it). Thanks!

EDIT 2: Three words: Brave, strong-willed, and troubled (like a troubled spirit?)

Listenbeastie

zozee9

After googling Lannisters, may I correctly assume this was a reference to Game of Thrones? (That actually explains the pic, too... i've never watched the show so... yeah...)

Looshi

I don't think they're as bad as the Lannisters... But that image made me lol

Ivory

That image is fantastic, even if I hate the show.

But, yeah, not so bad as the Lannisters...