Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Treyburn - Cousins Now Open! (Family/War Drama)

Started by Ivory, September 02, 2013, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

She has decided not to be a Treyburn!

That's just the way she rolls~

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Quote from: zozee9 on November 08, 2013, 09:18:53 PM
Nooooooooooooo D:
oh but you can always join me with any one of my number of available characters <3
I has so many!
The possibilities are endless! <3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Vivi

Working on the profile for my Treyburn character finally (who, by the way, I will be calling Oscar), and I was just thinking... Shall I throw a spanner in the works by making him the mage sibling? From what I've seen, there isn't one at the moment.

I don't know... Might be interesting?

Brisinger987

Ivory

Hey Viv!
Don't feel pressured to fill a certain role in the family - play something you want to play!  If you do want to play a mage, that's okay...  It will certainly allow you to RP in certain threads and certain ideas, however, your character will fast become Wanted within Connlaoth and will be faced with being hunted, possible deportation to the camps, etc.  It all makes for good drama, but those themes can be very heavy and hard to play out!

Plus, I reserved the last Treyburn to use for plot purposes, so we will definitely have a mage if you choose not to play one!  If you do choose to play a mage, that is completely fine too!  And that other Treyburn character can be used in plots and schemes!

Vivi

Hmm. Actually, when you put it that way... Don't get me wrong, I'm genuinely keen on playing a mage, but thinking about his personality something so heavy might just eat poor Oscar alive. I'll probably leave him as-is then, and create a mage character next time. All the heavy stuff would be better for a slightly tougher character, and it'd be nice to spend more time around the Treyburn's.

So let the other Treyburn have that job. Oscar's probably going to sympathise anyway.

Ivory

Yeeeeah, poor Oscar!  :)  I had the general idea of what you wanted to play, which is the only reason I brought it up in the first place!  No worries!

That being said, if you know anyone else wanting to play a Treyburn, we can always use friends of the family, cousins, and some of the mini-Treyburns (kids of PCs!)  :D  Any of them could, also, potentially be mages!

Vivi

Yeah, good call. :P

Speaking of which: Oscar Treyburn is done!

2-3 word description:

Kind-hearted Scholar.

Views on magic:

Oscar feels that the war is completely unnecessary, and sympathises with the mages. He's always considered magic just to be another interesting fact of life, and doesn't think that anyone should be treated the way those poor people are. He is disgusted that mages are being rounded up and slandered, but fear for his family keeps him from being too loud.

Ivory

Oscar is awesome!  <3

One question, though.  Did you mean astrology or astronomy?  I'm nit-picking!  :P  Actually, the only reason I ask is that astrology could seem...magicky, to a degree!...and so now I am curious!  (lawls, I had to google the definitions to make sure I was thinking of the right one!)

Vivi

Thank you! <3

Whoops! I meant astronomy. I always get them mixed up. I'll change that now!

Brisinger987

Are any siblings feeling up to comforting Janette? I'm going to have her go through a traumatic experience, very heavy themes, mainly revolving around the emotional aftermath of a rape. Only the aftermath, her emotional distress, and her trauma.

If any sisters do feel they can handle this task, and if any rpers are feeling brave enough to deal with it, I'm open to suggestions! If there are no takers, I'll assume she represses it with amnesiac potions.

Not for the faint hearted.

NOTE: I will NOT be playing out the rape, not even in flashbacks, just her emotions.

Ivory

Those words are so hard!  :)

Feel free to have Oscar join the fray in the Pre-Ball Shenanigans Thread or join any other open threads throughout Connlaoth -- like the Ball, to which he would be invited and, possibly, even emotionally blackmailed into attending by his mother!

Ivory

Quote from: Brisinger987 on November 09, 2013, 02:35:16 PM
Are any siblings feeling up to comforting Janette? I'm going to have her go through a traumatic experience, very heavy themes, mainly revolving around the emotional aftermath of a rape. Only the aftermath, her emotional distress, and her trauma.

If any sisters do feel they can handle this task, and if any rpers are feeling brave enough to deal with it, I'm open to suggestions! If there are no takers, I'll assume she represses it with amnesiac potions.

Not for the faint hearted.

NOTE: I will NOT be playing out the rape, not even in flashbacks, just her emotions.

I'm...honestly not so sure Cherie would be good at that...  Oh, she would try, and she would probably decide to go shoot the bastard afterwards, but...  Emotionally, she's ill-equipped herself to process that!

Vivi

Oh, he's definitely going to be press-ganged into it by his mother. I'll post in the Ball plotting thread and then join the pre-ball shenanigans!

Brisinger987

Quote from: Ivory on November 09, 2013, 02:45:52 PM
I'm...honestly not so sure Cherie would be good at that...  Oh, she would try, and she would probably decide to go shoot the bastard afterwards, but...  Emotionally, she's ill-equipped herself to process that!

If Cherie wants to try, she's more than welcome to! Janette would be pretty obvious about something being up. Being quiet, not even joking, not smiling at pranks, hiding away in her room, with the loud sounds of crying, that sort of thing.

And when Janette is half okay emotionally, she's gonna make her first kill. Although her emotional distress over her first kill will be a different, later topic.

But if you want Ivory, and if Cherie feels she can try? Maybe multiple family members can get involved! I'm open to all ideas and suggestions guys!

Ivory

Quote from: Brisinger987 on November 09, 2013, 02:49:57 PM
If Cherie wants to try, she's more than welcome to! Janette would be pretty obvious about something being up. Being quiet, not even joking, not smiling at pranks, hiding away in her room, with the loud sounds of crying, that sort of thing.

And when Janette is half okay emotionally, she's gonna make her first kill. Although her emotional distress over her first kill will be a different, later topic.

But if you want Ivory, and if Cherie feels she can try? Maybe multiple family members can get involved! I'm open to all ideas and suggestions guys!

I don't know...  I would love to help you out, but Cherie is pretty delicate, and that's pretty dark stuff.  I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I want to change her character that dramatically.  She was designed to be a light, airy character...

zozee9

Same with Illi. She probs reads about that kind of stuff, but I doubt she could handle it in reality.

However, if you want dark and intense, Jana is always an option... But then the problem becomes when they would talk to each other.

Also, does anyone have any ideas for what Jana could dress up as? Something that wouldn't make her stand out too much... and preferably would be at least somewhat easy to move in. It also needs to cover up enough of her (the mask will help) so that she wouldn't be recognizable from the posters. :3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Ivory

Brisinger987

That's fair enough! I can respect that :)

Any tougher, harder skinned Treyburns who are gonna avoid Janette stealing to repress her memory?

Even Jana would know that something was severely wrong with Janette if she wasn't doing anything but hiding in her room, not going out, not laughing at jokes, and genuinely looking just traumatised. And they are sisters, even if they hardly spend time together. Janette has no job and she'd be in her room trying desperately to cope with the reality of it.

I suppose Janette could be wandering the streets with Megraph round her shoulders as protection, and Jana could bump into her sister?