Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Treyburn - Cousins Now Open! (Family/War Drama)

Started by Ivory, September 02, 2013, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zozee9

So many people. :O Well, i'll probably claim like one or ten... Later.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Brisinger987

Would love to have one of Adair's children! I'm thinking a mage. A strong one, not OP. But fairly strong. With some noticeable side effects from the rather odd circumstances surrounding his birth.

I'm talking, he wasn't actually conceived style stuff. As in, he's a manifestation. Of ebils and stuff. Like, Damien. Or some other demon child stuff. He won't be inherently evil, but he'll be clearly born of evil stuff.

Maybe.

I'm not sure exactly on the character yet.

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Paradox

zozee9

OH btw vee, I loved your birds and bees joke. *totally forgot to mention that*

Wicked Basket

I'mma thinkin' Jacen Wakefield, son of Zain and Lilac Wakefield. I was gonna put him in his early twenties and make him an active member of some underground pro-mage resistance type deal.

He's putting the family at risk and is causing extra worry on his parents because he's one of their only two children. DRAMA!

What say you?

Ivory

That's totally cool, Wicked.  Do you want him to be older or younger than his sibling?

Also, for everyone else: let me know where you want me to plug your characters in, and I can certainly do that!

Wicked Basket

Older or younger? Hmmmmm. I suppose it depends on whoever decides to RP as his sibling. I wouldn't mind either way. But, if no one chooses to be his sibling, perhaps a younger sister worried about her older brother's well-being as he's off doing resistance work could be interesting.

Ivory

Quote from: Wicked Basket on November 29, 2013, 06:54:01 PM
Older or younger? Hmmmmm. I suppose it depends on whoever decides to RP as his sibling. I wouldn't mind either way. But, if no one chooses to be his sibling, perhaps a younger sister worried about her older brother's well-being as he's off doing resistance work could be interesting.

So noted!!

zozee9

Ivory

Older or younger, Zee?  Also, let me  know when you have a name!

zozee9

Ivory

Done and done, Zee!  The Wakefields are officially full up!  I'll let you guys decide on the personalities of the parents and work out sibling things between yourselves!

Brisinger987

So, for Adair's child;

The boy was never officially conceived. (Your whole midichlorians style shizz)

He's got an affinity for evil magic, but is a genuinely nice person!

He'd probably be about 4 years older than Janette.

He'd be part of the Civil War. Possibly knows Jana well?

That's what I have so far.

Ivory

Just let me know when you get your profiles done, and I can link them on the main page.  Did you guys like the 2-3 word descriptions and views on magic write-ups?  We can do those again, if you like, but not necessarily!

Bris: I'm not sure what you mean, never officially conceived?  Or, if I am understanding it correctly, what it brings to the story...  It's fine to have a character with destructive magic who is essentially a good person, but that, in Connlaoth, is really story enough without adding in extra elements that don't really make all that much sense...

zozee9

Okay so Wicked and I got the personality between Marie and Jacen down (should i put it here?), but I have no idea what to think of for their parents. These would be the sister and brother-in-law of Rose, right? Anyway, I was wondering if you guys (primarily Vee) had any ideas? Or at least a clue to what the Rose's parents would be like, so we have something to work with?

That being said, I haven't actually spoken to Wicked about this yet... so Wicked, feel free to chip in! XD

Oh, and why not? Extra details are nice!

kleineklementine

Quote from: Ivory on November 29, 2013, 09:34:19 AM
Now you're juat creating more work for me!  :P  Juuuust kidding!  Random dice rolls, here we go!  Now, these kids are all older than Rose.  The only other girls are Azalea and Lilac, because Flowers!

Selas: 0
Azalea: 4
Blaine: 6 (This would probably be the heir to the Delancy minor title.)
Lilac: 2
Hamish: 10
Anders: 6
Jorryn: 10

Those are kid counts, just so you know!  (And, yes, I am accounting for the fact some may not have had children!)

Okay, I'm a bit behind... and therefore confused!

So the siblings of Rose listed here would be the grandparents of a teenaged to mid-twenties character, right? (The whole first-cousin-once-removed business). So we'd need to make the parents (one of the children listed in these numbers) as NPCS to keep things from getting too confusing, and then the younger children? Right?

...Right?

Ivory

I'm sorting them into generations on the website I'm working on.

Yep.  I'm making a website.  SotE is NOT particularly friendly for table-building!

To make it super easy (for me), I'm going to let you guys figure out the ages.  Theoretically, there could be a Delancy wandering around making babies at the ripe age of 100 -- with his wife, who is only 20 years old.  So, technically, the guys in the families aren't the issue...

Just keep in mind that both Delancy women are older than Rose by a few years, so their youngest kids should probably be mid-twenties at a minimum.  Does that make sense?

With that being said, if you want to make up an NPC as a second generation character and play the third generation (which, on the Treyburn side, would be someone like Riley -- Dahlia is 2nd generation!) that would be fine too.  I don't care!

Ivory

Quote from: zozee9 on November 30, 2013, 10:28:00 PM
Okay so Wicked and I got the personality between Marie and Jacen down (should i put it here?), but I have no idea what to think of for their parents. These would be the sister and brother-in-law of Rose, right? Anyway, I was wondering if you guys (primarily Vee) had any ideas? Or at least a clue to what the Rose's parents would be like, so we have something to work with?

That being said, I haven't actually spoken to Wicked about this yet... so Wicked, feel free to chip in! XD

Oh, and why not? Extra details are nice!

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd, I almost forgot to reply to you, Zee!

Go ahead and make up whatever you like for the parents!  Rose being a conniving, horrid person may or may not have anything to do with her own parents!

Ivory

OKAY.  The crazy girl is done doing crazy things and is going to go to bed now!  It's only 5am...  Eh-heh.

Here's what I did.  All of the information I have currently has been transferred to PBWorks, which I am much more familiar with and was able to put it together a lot more quickly.  Plus, I feel like this will help take some of the pressure off that first post in this thread, which is getting so super long and clunky!  Click some links, do some reading, etc, etc.  Let me know if anything isn't working or if I've grossly misspelled something.

I've decided to keep doing the 2-3 word descriptions after all, because it's an exercise in brain powers, and it also gives a neat summary to the character.  The views on magic, however, I will leave off unless you all decide you want to do it!

Regarding NPCs: other than Ma & Pa, I really had nothing in mind for the other siblings or other family members.  Be reasonable in your decision-making skills -- that's all I ask -- but otherwise it's pretty much up to you.  Because they're nobility, there's some expectation that their kids will be soldiers and will marry well -- but they do not have to be the terrible people Ma & Pa Treyburn were...unless, you know, that's what you want to do.

Regarding new PCs: Ages are up to you guys.  Just try to be reasonable.  Theoretically, the Delancy 2nd generation kids should all be older than the Treyburn 2nd generation kids are -- but, because most of the 1st generation are guys, this can be taken with a grain of salt.  Also, if you'd like to make a 2nd generation NPC and just dive right into 3rd generation, go right ahead!

I feel like I had more to say, but I am terribly exhausted right now, so all I've really done is just rehash the last two posts.  Ugh.  *melts into a puddle of Ivory goo*

PS, if anyone knows PBWorks and wants to play with the site/add things/clean up after Zombie Ivory, just request access and I'll be happy to give it to you!