Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Treyburn - Cousins Now Open! (Family/War Drama)

Started by Ivory, September 02, 2013, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivory

Right, but then your characters would be like 25 years older...which, certainly, you can do, but...

EDIT: If your heart is truly set on being 2nd generation, you could probably be adopted as ickle kids by the Wakefields!

Wicked Basket

So where do we go from here then? Make different children for the Wakefields and then have those children have children which then are our characters? This family tree is going to turn out to be a whole damn forest soon. :P

Ivory

It's already a forest...

What Kleine and I have done is to just make up a 2nd generation NPC as a parent that you and Zee can flush out to your heart's content.  Whether they're living or dead would be up to you.

Ivory

And speaking of which...

Here's Cuthbert Delancy, Heir to the Delancy Title.  I chose the following three words to describe him: Devoted, Deliberate Athlete.

Brisinger987

Revised character idea:

Young son of Adair (About Janette's age, give or take a year)

Affinity for super evil magic. Is a pacifist.

Romantically involved with another Connlaoth mage until she is killed defending her family from mordecai.

Is no longer pacifist.

Goes on the run, killing everyone who gets in his way in his love fuelled rage of complete über-death.

Ivory

Just let me know when you've got a profile done up and your short description, and I'll link it!

zozee9

Ahhhh idk how old anyone is anymore. XD

The other thing we were talking about was the fact that she only had two kids. So while I do think her being 50 and 56 is too old, it's possible that she didn't want kids until later in her life (and then she only had two). Or that maybe she wasn't actually able to have kids, but then some sort of magic got thrown in (idk by who) that allowed her to... Which would help explain even more why Marie is so set on having no suspicions on her family. She wouldn't want her parents to get persecuted for having magic used on them. Idk, just an idea.

p.s. how old was Rose when she had Cherie?
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Ivory

Almost 15 years younger...and that was considered old for bearing children and it was after a lifetime of having children every few years.  For someone to become a mother (for the first time) at age 50, it would be very dangerous.  Also remember that most people lived only to about 65-70ish naturally, too.

I realize this is a role-playing game in a fantasy setting, and I sound ridiculously nitpicky here, but I guess I like my fantasy bound by some realism...

So you can either have an NPC parent (which is what you were going to have anyway -- just a different name) or, if you absolutely have to have a 2nd gen kid, you can change their last name to Delancy and make them the kids of one of the brothers.  Or you can add 10 to their ages.

kleineklementine

Hey Zoz/Wicked,

What about some sort of Margret Atwood-y situation like The Handmaid's Tale? Lilac wasn't able to have children and finally when she was older and past the age where she physically could have children (most women of 50 are at least entering menopause!), she had a servant mother children for her? But considers the children "hers."

Just an idea that might work things out! This could also be a fun way to introduce weird magic or something into the kids that wasn't already in the family line.

Ivory

Quote from: kleineklementine on December 02, 2013, 06:11:27 AM
Hey Zoz/Wicked,

What about some sort of Margret Atwood-y situation like The Handmaid's Tale? Lilac wasn't able to have children and finally when she was older and past the age where she physically could have children (most women of 50 are at least entering menopause!), she had a servant mother children for her? But considers the children "hers."

Just an idea that might work things out! This could also be a fun way to introduce weird magic or something into the kids that wasn't already in the family line.

Yup, that's definitely something that's do-able -- or even just plain old adoption.  There probably aren't adoption agencies, per se, but a childless couple might take a couple of street kids into their home.

kleineklementine

Ivory

Quote from: kleineklementine on December 02, 2013, 09:47:38 AM
And here's Trilium, my very reluctant Adhara-to-be!

Yaaaaay!

Do you want to give me a 2-3 word description for the website?

kleineklementine

Vivi

Ivory

Oh, gosh yes!  Sorry!  Somehow I missed sweet Aster!

Vivi

'Sweet' being the operative word. Righto, here's a nice digestible sound-bite for her:

Calm and collected mordecai.

Brisinger987

I have a three word description for my character, Corey Treyburn:

Vengeful, driven mage

Ivory

Perfect, thanks to both of you!  :)

Let me know when you get that profile, Bris!  Even if it's not done, I can still link it on the website!

November

I'm pretty interested in getting involved in some shtuff around the place, so I might pick up a Delancy kid if that's alright? Probably a boy, because, well, I don't have any male characters at the moment XD

Not sure on the details; I'll think on it for a while, just wanted to get a foot in!

Ivory

Welcome, welcome!

If you haven't done so already, feel free to browse the Website for more information!  Also, feel free to ask questions here and do plotingses!  :D