Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Treyburn - Cousins Now Open! (Family/War Drama)

Started by Ivory, September 02, 2013, 11:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Gonna start up Corey's profile now! Will link him here after.

zozee9

Ooo I kinda like klei's idea. Or adoption. Either way would allow for some abnormal quircks. :) The question would be this--why did Lilac not have kids (or adopt) earlier?

The only thing I can think of is that she wasn't planning to. But then she found Marie and her brother out on the streets or something, and couldn't help herself. Just to clarify, I doubt they grew up on the streets. But maybe they grew up (until adoption, which would still be when they were pretty young) in an orphanage, and she met them on the streets.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Ivory

I think, in Connlaoth, the orphanage is the Church, and once they get their talons in you, they don't let go.  XD

Here's an idea that's similar but without the orphanage bent, and it would also give her a reason to take the kids in...  Perhaps they were originally the children of a household servant.  The servant's husband was dead, and she had no family...and when she took ill, Lilac, who had fallen in love with the little ones, offered to adopt them to provide the dying woman some peace of mind.

Ivory

Quote from: Brisinger987 on December 02, 2013, 02:43:10 PM
Hey. Ivory. Guess what.

COREY TREYBURN.

Working on putting him on the site...  Just need an occupation -- basically, what does your character do?

Brisinger987

Ivory

What does he do for the Free Folk?  Guard?  Scout?  Gather Information?  Etc?

Brisinger987

zozee9

Awwww that sounds sweet, Vee! If Wicked is okay with that, I am!
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Wicked Basket

Sure. Why not? I'm gonna have to change Jacen's profile. Again.  :P

zozee9

Haha well I still have to write most of Marie's. XD

kleineklementine

Okay, I have a question for the actual Treyburn siblings following up Zoz's most recent post in the Shenanigans thread...

Quote from: zozee9 on December 04, 2013, 06:17:44 PM
Illi looked at her siblings with a little bit of disdain. Even if there was a random stranger in their house, wouldn't it be best to treat him with some respect? Well, she should have known better than to expect that from her siblings. She was about to curtsy, introduce herself, and apologize for her siblings... but then Trevian spoke about "dear uncle Reagan". Being one for stories, Illi knew exactly who that was. And the look of surprise and pain—though it lasted only a second—on the man... no, the woman's... face proved his suspicions.

What exactly do the younger kids know about Reagan? I would have thought someone Illi's age wouldn't have known he existed at all? But unless I'm reading it wrong, it seems like she knows who he is and.... what happened to him? With the current timeline Dahlia is the only one of the "younger" kids who would have even been alive before he was killed, right?

Help... I'm confused!

Ivory

Oh, gosh, sorry, everyone!  I forgot that not everyone was present and accounted for during the plottings!

Here's the deal: it is public knowledge that Jana had joined the military under the name of her brother, Reagan Treyburn.  When Darryn found out and sent his men to have her arrested, she accidentally killed one the men and fled.

Redly was taken into custody for harboring her and in aiding her in posing as a man.  At the trial that followed, he testified that it was an elaborate scheme to protect their cowardly brother, Reagan, who had fled to Serendipity rather than take his place in the military.  Braxton confirmed that Reagan had, indeed, fled but could claim not to know about Jana's role due to being part of a separate unit.  Redly did end up doing a little bit of military jail time for his role in helping Jana escape custody, in fact!  He was also disowned by his parents and Brax became the next heir.

Whew.

Of course, the real story is a little different.  In T14, Jana's twin brother, Reagan, was accidentally killed.  (If I remember right, I think Pa shoved him and he fell wrong.)  Darryn and Rose decided not to make the death public, although mention of Reagan's name was forbidden in the house itself.  (In T14, the kids were the following ages: Redly 14; Reagan & Jane 12; Braxton 9; Dahlia 4; Trevian just born.)

In T18, Jana joined the military to escape her parents and an unwanted marriage they were trying to force her into.

In T23, the whole plan fell apart when Darryn discovered that Reagan Treyburn had enlisted.  He sent his men to arrest her, she lashed out when it appeared they were going to kill Redly for trying to protect her, and then she ran.  Darryn and Rose made it clear to Redly that if he didn't lie about Reagan's whereabouts, he would never, ever see any of the kids again...and had Braxton not agreed to tell the same story, he would have gone on trial and probably been disowned too.  (Ages: Redly 23; Jana 21; Braxton 18; Dahlia 13; Trevian 9; Oscar 6; Jillian 4; Florry 2)

Obviously, Darryn and Rose would not have brought the story home with them in full detail to the kids, but the older ones would have known about Redly being disowned and kicked off the property, etc.  I was assuming Trev knew because he can't resist the temptation to ferret out secrets...  Now, he wouldn't have just spilled the beans to everyone, but he definitely knows.  Cherie knows about the story and just assumes Reagan is out there somewhere.

I leave it up to the rest of you (and Zee) to decide what your character knows and what they don't.  Does that make sense?

zozee9

Yeah... there was so much talking that went into that plot. And even if you read this entire plotting thread, it would still be confusing! We kept going back and forth and back and forth about the details.

But Vee explained it perfectly! My guess is that most of the kids believe the story more or less... though some might be a little more suspicious. I doubt anyone would guess that Darryn actually killed Reagan, though. Anyone younger than Oscar probably doesn't remember Reagan (it's up to vivi if Oscar himself remembers)... Redly, Jana, and Braxton all know, of course. The true story. I don't remember if Dahlia does, but her kids definitely wouldn't be told (unless you think she would tell them, Klei). Like Vee said, Trev figured it out one way or another. No matter what the case, however, Rose and Darryn only know that Redly, Jana, and Braxton know the true story.

kleineklementine

I think no one younger than Dahlia would remember Reagan (Trevian was only a baby when he died?) I think Dahlia doesn't of course know the full story, but I think she knows Reagan is dead and that something dubious went down. I also think she probably bears a bit of a grudge against the older four for not being taken into their confidence on the true story once she was old enough - since Reagan was her brother, too, and she's old enough to remember him. But I don't think she'd confront them about it, and she definitely wouldn't even tell her kids that he existed, much less the truth!

zozee9

Ah right, forgot the ages that Vee listed were the ages kids were when she was banished. So yes, barely anyone would remember Reagan. But anyone who does will remember him always being with Jana... since those two were inseparatable.

And that does sound like what I remember you saying earlier... Perfect!

And hopefully this clears any confusion anyone else may have had, too.

Wicked Basket

Ok. I gave Jacen's profile an overhaul. Check it out. See what you think.

Ivory

Quote from: Wicked Basket on December 06, 2013, 01:43:21 PM
Ok. I gave Jacen's profile an overhaul. Check it out. See what you think.

Looks fantastic!  :)

Wicked Basket

Jacen Wakefield is officially ready for action! Or drama in this case.

zozee9

Well Wicked did stuff so I had to. >_> Only thing left is the history... Wicked, how old would Marie be when their parents died? My guess was between two and five.

Anyway, she's also ready for drama! Haha I think she'll be an interesting character to write. :)