Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Size doesn't matter

Started by wolfie, December 09, 2013, 11:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfie

"Fair? If things were fair then I would have played the game. I'm not grateful or ungrateful I just am. If you were good you wouldn't be like you are. You'd be protecting all of those you could. The visions are not harming me I just didn't want to see them. I've seen these before I grew up in a fishing village. Blood, guts, and gore do nothing for me," she said knowing the visions would change again. Eventually they would find her fears, but not easily.

"You want to play pranks and have fun we could do that. You don't play fair, why would anyone want to play with you when you tip the scales in your favor all the time? I know if it was easy I'd be bored and wouldn't want to play. You have it too easy."

Tak

The monsters vanished. "A long time ago, I gifted mortals and immortals Alike with sleep. Without it they would be incredibly tired. See what I just did? I protected and ordered. But you like chaos, especially if it is funny. Come."

The opening to the pool opened up, but the Lions where not there... Well, only the white one. The leader.

wolfie

"If I had the power I would protect all who came to me. You are mean in what you do. As for that game you don't play fair so why would I want to play? Protect me? What I want is out of this dream to wake up again and never grace such a horrible creature as you again," she said still seeing the visions. They did nothing for her. She had tamed snakes. Most creatures were her friends.

"You want to play then play fair. If a prank happens you don't stop it."

Tak

"The inability to stop a prank? Now that isn't fair. You want out on your dream? Then you want out on your sleep. Then you want out of not being sleepy. You mortals are so silly. Only silly people reject protection from the gods. I was going to gift you, like I did a werewolf just now.... Atleast he was entertaining. No gift. No freebies. You're on your own now, brownie."

If she kept complaining, she'd be out of the dream.

wolfie

"No it isn't fair to stop the prank. You ruin my fun doing that. I want to wake up, yes. What werewolf?" She said curiosity taking its toll. Fin sighed hearing she was on her own. It meant that maybe she had a chance to change the dream if the mangy lion was going to leave her alone. She didn't think she minded that.

She just sat there letting things go on though. She didn't think it could get any worse than what that lion had done. The dream had started good with a prank about to happen. She wanted to go back to that moment that part where she could have fun again. The dream didn't seem to be changing though. She had a feeling it wouldn't either.

I could be entertaining. If only larger beings played fair. They think because they are bigger they get everything. Try being this size if you think life isn't fair. She thought and drew her knees to her chest.

Tak

Baihua was not anywhere physically, but he still still there somehow. He analyzed her thoughts before making a voice in her head. Size does not matter. Only power and the ability to ultilize.

Her vision would fog and the world would swirl before she was back there again, on the tree, where she was just about to make her first prank. "I'm watching" could be heard only by her, and Baihua was not present, but his loyal subjects where.

wolfie

Fin wasn't sure what had happened. She heard what was said inside her head. She was back in the tree and her first prank was set again. She wondered how to fix it better now that she could make her pranks work. The main lion the unfair one wasn't anywhere in sight. She didn't care. His words were with her.

It's not enough to just have that cake in the air this time. It needs more. She thought wondering what else she could do. It was time for some dancing she decided. Just like before she wanted some thorns to suddenly appear near the feet of the lions. They would prick their feet, and she hoped that would make them start to dance about.

Staying perched where she was she watched ready for this. This time though she had the vine set to cut dropping the cake. It was set and she was ready. She smiled as the vine broke sending the cake back to the platter. She waited for the splat.

Tak

The lions where having a good time, partying. However, as the thorns appeared, as predicted, they started dancing... but only for a few seconds. With their powers, the vines vanished. Now for the second prank. It was a success, as a dozen lions and lionesses where covered in cake... yet again, however, this only happened for a few seconds as they cleaned each other with their tongues.

4 Lions where looking in the trees, trying to see what the cause of this trouble was. They also noticed Baihua had disappeared, not having any clue.

wolfie

Fin chuckled glad that her trick had worked this time. She loved seeing them dance. She noted that like that other lion they had the power to get rid of her tricks. She didn't like that, but saw they weren't stopping them that was a plus. She wondered what to do next she couldn't just stop.

She was watching them trying to figure out what was next. She knew that bossy lion would stick their nose in again if she didn't continue, and besides she hadn't had near enough fun. When they were looking in the trees she made sure she wouldn't be seen. Being caught was no fun.

A thought came to her. She smiled and had sounds of a stampeding group of elephants. She had the sounds starting soft and then getting louder as if the herd was getting closer. She couldn't wait to see what this group would do.

Tak

The sounds trampled throughout the pool.
The lions looked around, sering where it was coming from. "Elephant Stampede? That's the third time this week!" exclaimed one lion, while another reassured him with "They're only Elephants. Elephants are weak."

((sorry, short))

wolfie

Fin wasn't happy with this second attempt. It would have been better if they had all run or something. Only one of them seemed actually frightened, and another was talking as if it was nothing. It was that, but they couldn't have known. Sighing she scratched her head this wouldn't do.

Smiling she imagined a family of skunks nearby. They were in several bushes and not just one family. She could smell them from her perch, and wasn't sure that was a good idea. She wasn't in the fray though, and it wouldn't get on her. She stayed high on purpose.

Tak

A dreadful aroma lifted through the hot jungle air. "Where'd the Elephants go?" exclaimed a gullible lion. A portal of white opened with the sound of cackling fire, and white beings came out. One that looked like a wolf gleefully said "Baihua, Zoi wants to talk."

"I'll be there right away." shouted Baihua, who reappeared on the throne before leaving... the portal closed with them. Maybe the pranking would be more enjoyable now. "Do you smell that?" asked one of the Albinos.

"Eew. isn't that the stink of a skunk?" asked the Gullible one before all smell in the dream vanished, not just the bad ones. "I am the one with the highest rank here, so don't even bother asking how I did that." boasted the Gullible One, as cubs gazed upon him in awe.

wolfie

She sighed realizing there was another lion ruining her pranks. Fin hated that more than anything, but was a little happy the main one had to step out. She wondered if that lion was watching from a distance.

Fin was trying to think of something good for the one who got rid of the smell. Something rotten wouldn't work now that that was taken away. She watched to see if the lion stood up, but it didn't. It had leaned forward though.

Thinking she wanted some ivy on the chair it appeared. It wasn't just any ivy though it was poison ivy. All the lion had to do was sit back and enjoy a little itch.

Tak

"I'm back." Silently roared Baihua, somehow teleporting behind the Brownie. He had some popcorn with him.

The ivy appeared, and nothing odd happened.... The Gullible One (which was his actual name) just had a face of surprise for a few seconds, shocked, before roaring at the top of his lungs and falling into the pool, before removing the Poison Ivy... It would leave a mark though. The Gullible One didn't know how to remove pain.

"Good one" rewarded Baihua, as some popcorn flew into his mouth on it's own. The popcorn was to share.

wolfie

She cried out hearing him behind her. She hadn't expected him to get the drop on her. Nobody had before. Fin had to remember this wasn't the real world but a dream one. It was an interesting place to be something she wasn't sure she would forget if she could or even wanted to.

"I can see that. Thank you," she said not sure what to make of the popcorn or the fact that he was praising her efforts. She wasn't used to anyone knowing she was around, and it was a little disturbing.

"I take it that one isn't among your favored?" She said stopping to think of the next prank. It wasn't always easy to pull them out one after the other. Fin was shocked to find she didn't have one already in thought at least. It was a first for her.

@Tak

Tak

@wolfie

"The Gullible one?" Asked Baihua. It looked like he was thinking, but he wasn't. He figured how to answer before the question even arrived. "He's more of a Court-fool, but he believes himself high up in my precious hierarchy."

This was more interesting then previously thought. She may come out of this in favour of the gods, with some magic prank tools too, perhaps.

wolfie

"Yes, that one," she said smiling. She listened as Baihua talked. It seemed rude to interrupt so she didn't. Not many her size had manners, but she knew of them. Last thing she wanted to do was upset this Lion one any further than she had earlier. Not that it mattered to her she took life as it came.

"Sounds like I picked the right one to prank then," she said a grin still on her face. Fin wasn't one to pull the same prank more than once if she could help it. She liked to be original. It finally came to her though. She had clouds form over the Gullible Ones head and it started to rain just on him. As if that wasn't enough while he was out of his chair she had a thorn placed right in the middle of his seat. She just laid on the tree branch ready and waiting for this one.

@Tak

Tak

Baihua liked this one. She was getting a gift after this. Then the rain appeared, and the Gullible One looked up before imagining up an umbrella and smiling as if he'd won something. Then the thorn. His face froze, looking as if paralysed before towing in pain with deafening sound.

"You can do whatever you want with him, as long as it doesn't involve death."
@wolfie

wolfie

Fin scowled when she saw the umbrella appear. He had ruined her fun and would have to be punished for that. It showed her though that he knew about the dream and how to manipulate it. She wondered how she could use that to her advantage. For now this one had done the one thing one mustn't do when squaring off with a brownie - take away something fun.

"Ha, serves him right. You don't have to worry I wouldn't kill anyone after all I can't have fun if they aren't alive," she said a big smile on her face. She had found that true so far, and wouldn't dare try anything otherwise. This was a wonderful place indeed one she wasn't sure she wanted to leave too soon. She didn't feel herself waking and was glad.

What next? Skunks, rain, thorn, ivy. Hmmm..... She thought then pictured vines slowly growing out of the ground at first. Eventually she saw them growing so fast they captured the Gullible One. She then pictured two or three angry bees buzzing around him.

@Tak

Tak

The Gullible One ceased in his miserable screeches. A high-ranking Lion stopped the rain before dreaming up a soundproof mask put around the Gullible Ones mouth. Put it didn't stop there. Half of the lions where looking for the source of these annoyances, none seeing her, except the Gullible One himself. He looked and tried to shout "There! There!" while pointing, but no-one saw, and if they did they ignored it as something stupid he'd usually do.

Then the vines. He tried to shout "Oh, not again!" but failed. Then the bees. "Of for fu-"STINGS! the pain was unbearable. All the attention was on him now before dreaming up some robotic anti-bee assassin ninjas who where tasked with killing the bees then freeing him.

@wolfie