Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

GEN GAME INFO AND Q&A

Started by Tally, December 30, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

WHAT THE HECK IT IS
An RPG video game!  Based on the world of SotE. (:  And your characters can be in it as NPCs!

MORE DEETS

• it's a top-down perspective rpg
  • it'll be about PG13, so like with mentions of sexual content and some violence, but nothing very explicit at all
  • all the main party members will be original characters for the game
  • the forum will get to vote on some things for it!
  • your characters from the forum will get to be NPCs, and a few guest party members

KNOWN CLASSES SO FAR

• Sanctuary Healer
  • Adelan Dragonrider
  • Serenian Mageknight
  • Connlaoth Mordecai
  • Demonlord
  • Geomancer
  • Gladiator

HELPFUL GRAPHICAL GUIDE TO GAME PROGRESS

Zane

MOTHER. OF. GOD.

*Headdesks repeatedly*

If this is just my mind playing a cruel joke on me in my sleep, I'll just give up.

Sign me up! Do you have a storyline in mind? Is it going to be like a Jrpg and have a very fixed "on rails" storyline or is it going to be a Wrpg where there are questlines and a main quest and side quests (like skyrim)

Also it looks to be from the little screen capture to be a text based rpg. Would there be any voice acting at all? (ie npc catch phrases and other stuff like that) because if there is totally sign me up for auditions or something

As for my characters? Just all of them. Take them all. Use them or not use them however you please.

Edit: also once this game is finished and I log a few hundred hours into it. I want to build a minecraft world model of it.

Edit V.2: Minecraft. Not monitary. Stupid tablet autocorrect

Tally

ANSWERS FORTHCOMING

- knowing me, it will get pretty side-windy with the storyline!  Definitely sidequests and things will be in there!
- I would LOVE to get voices in here if possible.  That's like at the top of my ultimate wish list for this thing.  Also prolly like the hardest to make happen but I bet we could do it!!
- We now have a broad main character concept and sort of beginning so that means WE CAN REALLY START ON THIS THING FOR REALS NOW

Zane

Sign me up for playtesting. The sooner I can get into this game the better. Also I have proficient experience in finding all the ways to break a game. So if possible, however far from now, I want to play test this.

Tally

Zane

And I will hold you, to that.

But I need sleeps. I have to be up for work in two and a half hours. Thanks for this. This is now my new Safe. (Imgur reference for those who don't understand)

zozee9

I don't even quite get what this is but I'm in.

What am I signing up for?

I guess I'll just copy Zane. That seems safe.

Take my characters. All of them. And I'll playtest.

But actually, what is this?

p.s. I get the feeling that I can't volunteer my characters until signups... oh well...
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

What a cool and fun idea 8D
I always talk about wanting to do a video game in my spare time but get overwhelmed in the planning phase so that normally thwarts my.efforts 8D
Once I'm more awake I'll comment more but if you guys need any help, I've made video games before, so just let me know XD

Also, the artwork looks.gorgeous <3
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS IDEA ALREADY!

Sign me up for playtesting, and I might even do a review on a youtube channel of the game, very professional style, with lots of "I love that character"

Tak

*dies*
*comes back to life*

Will there be gods? If so sign up up Baihua and Defteroi. Perhaps the character could meet Baihua in a dream.

If Kirnadaz is in here (high probability) then so will Ardeadai.

Make a random cave with Vryk in it!
And a book on lore mentioning Denekynia.
And Arkie.

Sign me up for Play-testing.

Klezmer Gryphon

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! *headdesk* The moment I go on vacation, this awesome idea comes to fruition! TAKE ALL THE CHARACTERS!!! (I'll play test it if you'd like!)

visualspice

Quote from: Tally on December 30, 2013, 12:02:53 AM
GETTING YOUR CHARACTER INTO THE GAME

• your character will only be in the game if you want them to of course! (:
  • I'll post sign ups when slots become open for NPCs
  • yuuuup this means custom artwork and sprites for your charries (8
  • the longer you've remained active and the more active your character has been in the world, the better chance you'll have of getting them into the game...so now's a good time to start being consistently active on the forum while we do some story scripting!
  • We'll need variety—shop keepers, mercenaries, bandits, nobility, assassins, priests, etc....including a few badasses to join as guest party members for brief periods of time!

So does that mean like, since Lion and I are SOTE mega-losers, we have default slots in the game? loool
*shows picture of the proof*

XD but lols, I kid about lion and my's loserness because, sadly those things amuse me. 8D
But it's all in good fun!

EDIT/ADD: Also, I'm pretty sure no one can beat me like, ever with online time loool
I was in the hospital 4 times this year and I'm still the winner 8D
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zane

@spicey:
I was at the top before you came along >_> now I just gave up on being on that list. Time to reclaim my position on top ten posters. Back to work I go!

Nomad

I would be willing to do play testing and if I fall into the category get some characters signed up too.

Wicked Basket

SotE video game?

There is a god. 0_0

In all seriousness, though, I will definitely be watching this thread with great interest. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go tend the results of myself testing if I was dreaming or not (I wasn't).

Tally

I'm on my phone, so I can't answer all questions right now, BUT we have since figured out that the first characters we will need will be in ESSYRN.

This isn't a sign up yet, cuz we still need to decided on specific character types we need, but this is a heads up to get to joining or playing your Essyrni characters, because those guys are what our first sign ups will be for!

visualspice

Quote from: Tally on December 30, 2013, 08:47:18 AM
I'm on my phone, so I can't answer all questions right now, BUT we have since figured out that the first characters we will need will be in ESSYRN.

This isn't a sign up yet, cuz we still need to decided on specific character types we need, but this is a heads up to get to joining or playing your Essyrni characters, because those guys are what our first sign ups will be for!

Essyrn- the land of awesome 8D

Zane

Hmmmm... No characters for Essyrn planned and the only character that I could see there is Scipio Prosper. So if you end up needing a party guest. He could be considered a speed class, good for hard hits but extremely low health. However I doubt he would join indefinitly as he loves his running career. Let me know when when you get to Serendipity, then prepare your inbox.

zozee9

... what about wanderers? I have a chick who has been hanging out in Essyrn for a while, but I don't believe I actually have anyone from there. >_>

And Spicy, I saw this and I was automatically like "well, they could just use all of Spicy's characters and be set for the entire game".
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Tags: