Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

From Whence the Angel Fell [Zozee!]

Started by Zane, January 06, 2014, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zane

The journey of a thousand miles will always begin with the right foot in the morning, but only when there is a cool breeze at your back. If there is no such breeze then you begin the journey on the left foot, because the left foot is the right foot to start on when such a breeze is absent. However, because the left foot is not the right foot, a journey of one thousand miles or more cannot be begun. And thus, Alex was forced to postpone his travel back to where it all began. The place from Whence the Angel Fell.

Instead, he slunk his way back to the tavern, he had been staying in this far northern town for a week now, every morning he would approach the north gate and wait till high noon, if no breeze appeared then he would go back to the tavern. The funniest thing was the town guard, they had a Pool going to see how long it would finally take him to leave.

zozee9

Lali wandered into the tavern, hoping she could grab a quick bite to eat and maybe something to drink as well. A few men checked her out as she walked and sat down at a small table, but she didn't notice. She hardly ever did. A few seconds later, a bottle of beer appeared that was apparently already paid for. She took a couple of sips and sighed.

There was really nothing for Lali to do. She didn't know where she wanted to travel next, except maybe to an ocean. Or a river. Or a lake. Her mom really could be anywhere... right now, she was just waiting for the next full moon. She came to this town chasing rumors of some sort of witch. The witch was said to be able to be able to find people with her magic, and Lali was hoping that the full moon would let the witch be able to figure out where her mother was. Unfortunately, the full moon wasn't for another three days.

So until then, she had too much free time and nothing to fill it with.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

"A schism tore, where the Angel Fell,
While gallows bore, a mage to hell
A nation's war, that none dare tell
While blood spilt more, did anger swell

Tensions grew, and warsong sings
All families knew, of death's cold sting
Crowds shroud in blue, while funeral bells ring.
That mage hanged true, his body still thrashing.

The war's ending, remains untold,
But people sing, of two nations old.
A mage hanging, but a body not gone cold
From Deathless calling, a curse did too take hold

I've got but one, word to tell
Please child run ' long, from whence the Angel Fell."

Alex sang his sad little tune to himself while at a corner table in the tavern. Slowly nursing his first intoxicating spirit for the night. He eyed a few more people in the tavern than usual, he thought them all fools for traveling without the wind at their back. His eyes however, hand not get come to rest on Lali.

zozee9

Lali's spirit perked when she started to hear singing. It wasn't loud, but it was beautiful. His voice captivated her attention, and there was nothing she wanted more than to dance to such a lovely melody. But she knew she shouldn't; it would only serve to attract attention to herself. Even still, the sad tune and melodious words spoke to the dancer inside of her, and she knew she had to do something.

So Lali stood up and walked over to his corner, taking her beer with her.There was no use in leaving behind a free drink! By the time she got to the table, she started wondering if it was a good decision to walk to him. After all, strangers were dangers. But she couldn't turn around at this point, so instead she just gently asked, "May I join you?"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Zane

Alex looked up at the woman who approached with tired eyes, not like he had a lack of energy, he had done literally nothing over the past week, but he was weary. The tolls of a life without death had taken joy from him. He found the woman to be widely attractive, and seemingly unaware that she showed off her body so well. However that was unimportant to Alex, it had been many years since he last felt to longing desire for a warm embrace throughout the night, longer still since he last desired a more vigorous activity for the night.

He took a quick glace around the tavern. Two young men were scowling at him. Supposedly seeing him as some competition. He loved to disrupt the plans of self important people, so he waved his hand towards the table sitting across from him. "Feel free, My name is Alex Rose."

zozee9

Lali smiled and sat down gracefully, smoothing out her dress naturally. She sat up straight and strong, giving herself a slightly regal look (though it wasn't at all on purpose). She took a small sip of the beer and scrunched her nose. She hadn't remembered it tasting so bitter before. Well, Lali decided, it seemed like it would be a wine night.

She sighed again and set the bottle down on the table. She wanted to speak, but that would be no good. So instead Lali sat there in silence, going through a mix of daydreaming and wondering if she'd have to ask for a wine or if the waitress would somehow know she'd want it...

Zane

The right side of Alex's nose scrunched at this sighting of the beer, almost akin to the movement a snarling animal would make. "Whoever served you that piss water is a sick bastard. It's drugged. Here," he slid his own standard across the table to the young miss, "it's fire whiskey. Very strong and a bit of a bite to it, but it keeps your head clear and the body warm. Which is a good thing seeing as the cold months are approaching. Also, you never did give me your name. Is it not customary that during an introduction that both parties exchange their name, or at least their pseudonym. Or perhaps I am mistaken." He cast his gaze back to the table between them, constantly darting his eyes back and forth. Never letting a movement in the bar go unnoticed.

zozee9

Lali glanced at the drugged beer and snickered to herself. Assuming they wanted her drugged for lust, they would have been in for quite a surprise. The second she woke up—which she undoubtably would, with that much magic running through her body—they would fall prey to one of her many curses. That was one solace she had, traveling alone as a girl. Taking advantage of her was virtually impossible.

She took a hesitant sip of the whiskey. She hadn't liked whiskey in the past, and it seemed like that was still the case. Wrinkling up her nose again, she pushed it back towards him.

A waitress appeared at the table, and Lali smiled at her kindly. The girl, on the other hand, looked back with jealousy. Partially for Lali's looks, partially for the fact that she was sitting with such a handsome man. "What would you like?" the waitress asked, bittersweetly.

"Wine... and food," Lali replied without detail. "Any." She returned her gaze to Alex and slowly said, "Lali. My name is Lali." That couldn't be dangerous to say, right? It seemed like most people expected a name when they met her. She didn't want to give it out, since she was being chased and surely not many people were named Lali, but it seemed rude to not reply. And lying was immoral.

Zane

Alex needed to the barmaid. Taking note of her jealousy, the woman had made advances on him every night. And every night Alex either flat out refused her or brushed her off. It was nothing against her personally, even though she was a bit of a harlot. "Just keep the fire whiskey coming. I may get something later."

He then turned back to Lali as she said her name was. "Well hello Lali." He didn't really know what to say, being social wasn't a stong suit of his. Nor was it something he often found himself doing. "So what brought you over here?"

zozee9

"Your singing," Lali replied quickly before catching herself and putting her hands over her mouth. She wasn't supposed to talk to strangers... it was dangerous. She knew that. But, even still, the words had escaped her lips before she knew it. Though since she already said it, well, there was no harm in saying a little more, right? "Your singing was mesmerizing so I had to come over."

Zane

Alex raised his glass of whiskey to his lips and took three sips before setting it back down. She liked music, huh? Well then she couldn't be bad, only good people liked music. But then again, music sloths the savage beast. He brushed the thought away, letting it linger at the back of his thoughts.

Alex very carefully cast his gaze back to the two men across the room, they were still watching her. "Did any men accompany you here?"

zozee9

Lali shook her head and took another sip of her drink. She wasn't going to let any more words slip through her lips. After all, she had to be as safe as possible. But... wait, why did he ask her about men accompanying her? He didn't want to kidnap her, did he? Maybe he planned on killing her and wanted to make sure there wasn't anyone to defend her?

She stopped shaking her head abruptly, wondering if maybe she should have lied. But lying was bad. Plus, surely such a good musician couldn't be too evil... right?