Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Harm Ever Came From Reading A Book

Started by visualspice, January 25, 2014, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

STill giddy though tired after their long day, she was happy to see they were looking for Serling. Surely this meant it was time to retire. She yawned and stretched her limbs.
"Today was nice." She smiled and looked away, watching the colorful candles that lit the street for hte night time entertainers.
"This moment.. I dunno... it seems like one of those magical moments you read about it books." She stared up at the sky, watching a few magic-balloons float up towards the moon.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"So magical it's nauseating," Caelwyn sighed as they slowly returned to their initial path.  He observed her for a moment.  "Its nice to see you smiling though.  It's been a long time since we left Connlaoth."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Blinking she turned to him. Smiling? She always smiled, what did he mean? Perhaps she hadn't realize most ofher smiles had been faked and well practiced. Now that she was feeling more comfortable around her company, her smiles, indeed, were much warmer.

She then wrinkled her nose at him.
"What do you mean, nauseating? You going to ruin the nice night by being a sour puss?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Sour? Me? I'm a ball of sunshine!"  Caelwyn laughed.  "I resent the implication I'm a stick in the mud.  Why?  Because I didn't want any fried sticks to eat?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Yes." Came her simple reply. "You should have seen your face.. I'm pretty sure it's the face babies make when eating mashed bananas."

Lion

"I suppose it is," he sniffed.  "We're here now.  It's late.  I think I'll turn in.  Have a good night Miss Longfellow."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She gave an enthused nod.
"Thank you for the lovely evening. It was a nice break from all this travel." She stretched a bit and looked at the stars as they walked back to where they'd be staying. "I suppose we'll continue onward tomorrow?"

Lion

"Indeed.  Don't go eating any mashed bananas now," he said, throwing her a wink and departing to his own quarters.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She blinked, and just watched him leave.
"Mashed... bananas?" She shook her head, smiling a little as she didn't understand what he meant. Though perhaps he was trying to be unconventional, silly. She shrugged it off, whatever it was, and made her way back to her room. Finding a new book to read amongst her things, she read just a few pages before falling asleep, book draped across her chest.

Lion

And if she was in sleep deep enough she wouldn't wake to the sound of scissors  quietly cutting at her hair.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

But Artemis slept through the shenanigans.

Lion

And nothing else would disturb her the rest of the evening.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And when she awoke, she stretched and paused, noticing a long lock of her hair across her lap. Blinking, she reached a hand up to touch her hair-
and screamed.

Lion

Caelwyn heard that scream, and groggily awoke.  Serling emerged into his room.  "What the hell was that?"

Caelwyn shrugged.  "Miss Longfellow screaming over something I imagine.  I need my coffee."

Serling did a double take.  "Well! Go see what's wrong!"

"Me? Why?" 

"Caelwyn!"

He sighed, grabbing his shirt.  "Fine!  But you better have my coffee ready."  And went to investigate.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

By this time, Artemis had leaped out of her bed, rushed to the mirror to stare in horror. And if she wasn't so much in shock, she might have screamed again.

Lion

"What is all the fuss about?"  Caelwyn said, opening the door and peeking in to her quarters.  "You look different."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis whirled around to him,
"Different?" She gave a little stomp of her foot, almost crying. "How did this happen!? I was sleeping and just... Someone cut my hair!"

Lion

"Oh.  And it looks like they left it all uneven too.  Who could have done such a horrid thing?  Certainly not a barber."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

By this time, Artemis was crying.
"I don't know!" Came her shrill reply. "But it' gone! Most of it's all gone!"
It had been so long and pretty, too!

Lion

"Well, if that's what all this squawking is about, then we've covered it and should get ready to be on our way again."  He smiled.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn