Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

No Harm Ever Came From Reading A Book

Started by visualspice, January 25, 2014, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She shrieked and clung to his arm, giving it a tug.
"Aren't you going to do something? To say something? A man... someone was in my room last night and just cut off all my hair! What if they had done more? ANd how am I supposed to deal with this?" She pulled at her locks. "They're a mess!"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Caelwyn stilled in his exit, observing her grip on his arm, and straightening.  "And what do you propose I do to find this Invisible Man?  Observe the room for evidence of his passing?  As far as your hair is concerned, I don't consider myself in anyway a skilled barber.  I barely have the patience to cut my own hair!  Though..."  He gave it some thought, with an appreciative tilt of his head.  "Perhaps I can cut the rest of it off."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Artemis was shocked at his uncaring reply- and how harsh it felt for him to call the culprit Invisible Man, as if she had made the thing up! She huffed at his side.

"You can't be serious!"

He couldn't be! No one was so uncaring... right?
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"The crime has been commited and past, what do you expect me to do?" he asked, entirely serious.  He crossed arms over his chest and moved past her to inpsect the room.  He saw nothing save for a scrape of mud on the floor and trace strands of hair traipsed over her pillow.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She sighed heatedly, still reeling over what happened and his apparent indifference on this situation. Her brother would have been furious, all her younger sisters as well! It was appalling to think anyone would traipse into a woman's room as she slept, and though it appeared cutting off her hair was all that occurred, what if something far worse had? Or.. what if it did and no one knew anything outside of the hair as a rouse?

Shaking lightly, she moved to look around the room, heading towards her bag of things.

Lion

"Looks like the culprit had quite the foot!  These are positively massive.  Miss Longfellow, see where the mud scrapes against the flooring, and ends almost a foot underneath your bed?  Must be the size of two men's feet.  How odd," he murmured.  He looked up at her, quickly moving to her side.  "What are you doing?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

In truth, she was hardly paying attention to him, now bent over her bag and looking through her things. But it was hard for her to focus. She was too upset. And it seemed she was fumbling in her bag with no purpose at this point.

Lion

Caelwyn turned on her and grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her lightly.  "Miss Longfellow!  We are on the verge of a major investigation!  If you wish my help, we must begin immediately!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis's eyes went wide.
"What? What do you mean?" She blinked and soon realized what he was saying and placed her hands on his arms. "Wait... are you going to help me find out who's done this?"
Because she was beginning to worry he didn't care what happened here- or that something worse could have!

Lion

"Yes, don't you see? How did such a large-footed fellow sneak into your quarters without rousing you from sleep.  It's mind-boggling.  Someone would have to be very feather footed, or very delicate in size.  I will do what I can, Miss Longfellow."  Caelwyn smiled and proceeded to look around the room.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Her face skewed with uncertainty, but she kept herself tight lipped and just haughtily breathed through her nostrils. But it was hard to pretend to be patient.
"Maybe they weren't feather footed... maybe I just slept through it?" They had had a long journey, after all.

Lion

"Please let us be realistic, Miss Longfellow, this perpetrator had very large feet.  Just look at all this mess!" Caelwyn said, gesturing to the ground.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

That irritated her.
"I am being realistic." Her face was partially flushed before she turned away with a bit of a sulk. "I practically lived in a zoo... I slept through a lot of loud noises."

Lion

"Very well then, how is that you could sleep through someone physically touching your hair?" Caelwyn asked her with his arms now crossed over his chest.  "Nonetheless, we have evidence to examine, now don't we?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She knew he'd ask that question.
"Easier than I'd like to admit." She pouted and cast her eyes downward, then began to look around.
"So what are we going to examine? What else can be useful from these boot prints?"

Lion

"How about the very evidence that sits on your neck, dear Miss Longfellow!?" Caelwyn said and moved around her to examine the curvature and angles of the cut of her hair.  "It's a mess.  Whoever did this, didn't do a very good job," he muttered thoughtfully.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Artemis blushed and turned away.
"How is a bad hair cut evidence?"
And she moved to grab a few curls as she wrinkled her nose. She couldn't believe it. How had she not felt someone stealing her hair!?

Lion

"Please, dear Miss Longfellow, surely you have some aptitude for observation," Caelwyn said, rubbing his face with his hands.

He reached up to touch a few stray locks.  "Clearly he was in a hurry and didn't care if he did a good job.  He wanted only to take as much as he could as quickly as he could.  He had no concern for your hair-do, only that he didn't disturb your beauty rest.  So despite his hurriedness, he has a hand delicate enough to cut hair while you're sleeping, a feat surely not even I could accomplish, unless I drugged you of course."

Caelwyn tilted his head thoughtfully.  "Surely you're not under the influence of any foreign substance, are you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"What?" Her eyes went wide. "Wh.. why? How would I even.... What are you proposing?"

Lion

"I am proposing nothing.  Merely making an inference, that is all," Caelwyn said with a shrug.  "We should document this evidence as best we can, while we can, Miss Longfellow.  It will not last forever.  First and foremost, these shoeprints.  We should size and make copies of them if possible.  I have everything we need, or most of it anyway.  Feel free to peruse my equipment, I will take to measuring them."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn